Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: When The Level Cap Is 34

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: When The Level Cap Is 34
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/15/2011 10:12:55   
Remorse

I think they should only make new NPC's if they cant fix balance properly,

I agree that it should be more PVP focused.
But i dont agree that people should have to verse things like TLM's constantly.
Epic  Post #: 26
8/15/2011 11:24:01   
IsaiahtheMage

@edward I said nearly boss-level NPC. I mean she is not as easy NPC to farm like in 5-10 minutes like Shadow Guard,Maruder Hulk or Biohazard is. She is definatly not a boss lvl NPC.

@nicolas Well once we Non-Varuims at high levels cant farm NPCs anymore you should just say goodbye to Epic Duel. Because once we only have 1 vs 1 to do we will keep running into fully enhanced lvl 34 Varuims. So we will eitheir quit(No point to play if your gonna lose everymatch) or become Varuims. So once all Non-Varuims quit or become Varuims. No one will have a advantage meaning no will buy Varuim. Meaning ED will die.

@Nikzat You should really read The GAP thread. Because apparently you do not see the problem in your post.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/15/2011 12:35:26   
Wraith

Well:

Admin 12 is for me easier than Shadow Guard. Because of lower def.
Lawman can't be called hard, IMO.

Also, Gamma Guard is 4-5 rounds.
Lawman is 4-6 rounds.
Admin 12 is 4 rounds. Less if I was STR TLM /sighsinenvy

< Message edited by Lord Sinastr -- 8/15/2011 12:36:11 >

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
8/15/2011 20:05:54   
PivotalDisorder

@all these players saying they beat George Lowe without Frost weapons, I have a question.

did you beat him during that week when he was completely nerfed and really easy?
can you prove you beat him any other time without the frost weapons.

Post #: 29
8/15/2011 21:15:51   
Drakadh

@Jehannum, actually, I made his hp 200 and I was using Phy Aux and side arm and the wrong wep xD

I just need the right items to beat him :P

, That said, really exited for lvl 34 :P
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
8/15/2011 21:38:46   
classifiedname

@Jehannum when was he nerfed bc i owned him with a str build

and i dont think it will be hard to farm npcs atleast not for TLMs bc i can own every npc with a str build except for adim 12 or wut ever number he is i used support but he doesnt give any creds anyways. so its only gunna be hard for non vars
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
8/16/2011 0:41:01   
PivotalDisorder

a few months ago maybe. was nerfed for a week and I did it without boosters on my bh, using his 4 focus 1v1 build.

I just wonder who can do it now without Frost Weapons. If its actually possible without monumental luck then I'd spend some time trying him again.
Post #: 32
8/16/2011 7:26:50   
demonred1

I am just hoping for a new lvl 29 npc and how on earth will non varium mercs defeat people like admin 12 in 4 or 5 rounds it would take us like 8 rounds! All lvl 33 npcs are going to take too long to defeat for us non var mercs. I think non varium mercs will slowly leave this game if there isn't any new lvl 29 npcs. I hope you understood what i said.

If your not going to try then walk away. NGU (Never Give Up)
Post #: 33
8/16/2011 8:30:20   
classifiedname

@demonred1 the're not they'll just have to buy var :P

@Jehannum interesting well i dont know about any nerfing but i can still beat him

and guys wut does it matter about farming npcs this is a pvp i will be glad when level cap rasies and ppl are forced to 1vs1 more often
because if i wanted to fight alot of npcs id be playing aqw
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
8/16/2011 14:15:01   
DillBagel

I honestly think this is much too fast. We barely have any level 33 weapons. We all run around with our level 31 items.
Plus I just finally got my level 33. The leveling has become far to ridiculous for people that play often. In the last 3 levels combined, you've needed far more experience than the first 30 combined. That isn't exactly how level growth works...
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
8/16/2011 15:33:17   
classifiedname

@above

agreed we need more level 33 and 34 weps
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
8/17/2011 13:08:05   
Wiseman

@IsaiahtheMage: Let's think about this logically for a second, assuming that most NV players fight NPCs to avoid V players. Wouldn't it be entirely likely that the reason NV players always run into V players in battle is because NV players always fight NPCs? With that in mind, if NV players aren't able to fight NPCs anymore, causing them to fight 1v1 battles, then that would lower the chances of encountering V players, essentially fixing the problem. Sure NV players would still run into V players, but it wouldn't happen nearly much, they might lose a bit more often, but if they only care about their percent I'm sure they can get by with slower NPC battles.

Personally I don't pay any attention to percents, it's far to easy to create a fake record by fighting only NPCs, the only thing I trust is skill and if someone can defeat me in a fair battle (with little or no luck factors involved) then I consider them to be a skilled player. I've fought NV players that have won against me with little or no luck factors in their favor, those players I consider to be truly skilled, perhaps even more-so than the best V players out there.

Now onto the topic of the thread, I do believe that adding new NPCs at higher levels would be a good idea, but I don't think that it's needed for level 34. I think I'll agree with Dax on this one, level 35 would be the best level to add some new farm-able NPCs to the game. I think that the focus on NPCs in a PvP game should be minimum, and hopefully as the game gets more balanced players will move away from NPC battles and do more PvP fights. NPCs should mainly be used for missions and item drops in my opinion, I'll go as far as to say that I believe there should be two separate 1v1 records per character, one for PvP battles and one for NPC battles.

Of course this is all just my opinion.

Below: Including my own, but I've never been one to let my personal feelings effect my decisions. :P

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 8/17/2011 13:32:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
8/17/2011 13:27:52   
PivotalDisorder

would be great if they separated the npcs wins from the duel wins.

a ton of players ratios would completely bomb.

< Message edited by psibertus -- 8/17/2011 13:28:13 >
Post #: 38
8/17/2011 13:31:25   
edwardvulture

@Isaiah Well that's because you don't have sufficient weapons to fight valery. (Energy)

Well, I don't farm NPC's for wins. I farm them for resources. It's much faster then entering a fight and encountering a varium player who will most likely decimate me. There isn't even much non-variums at the level caps. Most ppl would quit or buy varium after going through levels 27-29 in real one on one.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
8/17/2011 15:38:05   
Jatar The Legend

I am a firm believer in NPCing. It's not that Im afraid of fighting Varium 33s like myself, its that these wins are the most easy and guarenteed wins you can get in an hour. Whether NPCs should be added, I am a bit divided. I believe that NPCs are one of the keys to a newer faction's attempt at a 1v1 title. I know some founders, officers, and members do not care to NPC, but I must also put it this way: This is a PvP game. EpicDuel is fun because it involves different strategies that are fun to use, and fun to learn from. If you include too many NPCs, I believe some, not all, of this creativity will fizzle, as some will begin to do ONLY NPCs to boost their Win/loss ratio.

I suggest this:

As the level cap increases, do include NPCs. However, as the level cap increases, include stronger NPCs so that (in theory), a level 25 would take the same amount of time to fight a bioguard as a level 35 to fight a Newer NPC.
DF  Post #: 40
8/17/2011 16:10:11   
PivotalDisorder

Jatar, I suggested using scaling for npcs, based on level AND your equipment+enhancements.
wouldn't have to be much of an increase, just so that non-variums and variums can do the same npcs with similar difficulty.

Post #: 41
8/18/2011 2:43:50   
LatinLover/Martini

^^ i would just keep them as they r... or increasing or decreaing the level depending on the oponent
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: When The Level Cap Is 34
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition