Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(HS-clan-based) The Nightmare

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> (HS-clan-based) The Nightmare
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/21/2011 11:23:44   
A Dreamer

The Nightmare
By Jason L.

Chapter 1
“Kali! Dreamer! To the situation room!” Yelled Clown, bursting in on our TFM game.
“We don’t have a situation room,” I say, not a bit miffed. This was normal behavior for our ring-master, Clown. No one knows his real name, but mostly because no one bothers to ask.
“Really? We should get one. I hear they’re cheap nowadays. Anywho, we have a situation. Dreamer, this one might interest you…” Clown tells us, and then chuckles madly a bit. He is a bit… off. But we don’t care; he’s still a strong leader.
“Why? Does it have to do with my ‘father’?” I ask, spiting the things he told me while in that… Prison.
“No, but it does have to do with your powers. We have this new guy called ‘The Nightmare’ on the loose, causing chaos… And that’s my job! He won’t stop eating people’s dreams, and his minions are destroying the city beyond repair… obviously he didn’t go to chaos 101, or he would know to leave some of the city there, so they can rebuild so you can destroy it again!” Said clown, laughing at his own joke.
“Wait… eating dreams?”

Chapter 2
“Yep, he eats dreams… Is that a problem, dreamer?” Clown asks with a slight giggle and a bit of a sarcastic tone.
“Yeah… He’s stealing my fuel!” I say, irritated. I learned recently that my power comes from the dreams and ambitions of those near me. I don’t destroy those things, however, like this… nightmare… does.
“We’ve got to do something about this! I- We don’t want to lose you, dreamer. You’re… too valuable of a player.” Kali says, blushing a bit. I can see in her mind’s eye she’s worried, and slightly embarrassed, but she quickly pushes me out when she notices I’m looking at her thoughts. She’s gotten scarily good at that.
“Where is he now?” I ask clown.
“Hanging out in the doughnut shop on 42nd and Market in super city with two of his favorite minions. Go, Go, Go!” Clown says, laughing as we run to super city from our favorite abandoned carnival.

Chapter 3
Kali and I arrive at the doughnut shop, where there were only two other tables occupied, and one was by two suspicious looking teenagers, and the other by an old lady. I tell Kali to focus on the teens, though I think she figured that out on her own.
There were two teenage-looking boys sitting at a table in “June's Doughnuts” on Market Street. One had brown hair, was around 5’11’’, was wearing a red and black tattered jacket with a black t-shirt under it and tan cargo pants with a floral design on the left leg, and had various bangles and rings on each arm. He had a tired look on his face. The other had black hair, a black graphic T-Shirt and dark-blue jeans with a chain belt n, and a red ribbon wrapped around his hands and lower arms. He wore an excited look on his face, and had nervous eyes darting around the room.
“When’s the boss gonna get here? I’m starving…” Unity asked his friend/co-minion Star, who were in fact waiting for their boss “The Nightmare” to join them, and focused his no longer darting eyes on the entrance.
“You’re ALWAYS starving, and Night’s got another 10 minutes ‘til he said he’d be here. Just calm down.” Said Star, but pulled out a dollar and gave it to Unity anyways. “Just know you’re not getting another,” Added star, and leaned back in his chair, being as mellow as always.
Unity, on the other hand, zoomed up to the cashier and asked for the most chocolaty doughnut they had, and devoured it on his way back to the table. “Still hungry” He said, and Star rolled his eyes.
And then the Nightmare walked in.

Chapter 4
Night was about 6’2’’ and relatively thin in human form, with black eyes and a starry trench-coat with black jeans. He had longish black hair with a few dark blue streaks in it, a clean-shaved face, and a slightly… off expression on his face. He looked to be around 23 years old.
He walked up to star and unity, and sat down at their table. “Good evening gentlemen…” He says, looking serous. After about 10 seconds of silence, everyone starts cracking up. “Ok, ok, we all know we’re a bit of an anarchistic group, but this is serious business. I’ve been growing weaker recently. I need more fuel, and if I have to feed off of another small town, I’m gonna throw up. They have the dullest dreams ever, so tasteless. I want some big city dreams.” He says, and starts drooling.

Chapter 5
“Uhh… boss? You might want to wipe your chin…” Says unity, chuckling.
“Oh…” He quickly wipes off the drool. “Well, I’ve got a general plan. Each night, let’s raid an eighth of the city stealthily, stealthily,” he chuckles a bit at his Poe reference, “and put them at our rendezvous point in the corporal towers. Then, I will pro-” He stops quickly, and senses another telepath in the room. I quickly filter my thoughts and memories, and switch off my powers so he can’t tell I’m the telepath. I assume he is telling the other two of the situation. Unity darts his eyes towards me and Kali, who are having a cover conversation, making it seem as if we are two normal teens on a date. I don’t think they’re buying it.
“Would you two like to continue this somewhere a little more… private?” he says, and gets up and leaves, with the other two not far behind.
Neither are we.

Comments in the discussion here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19504492&mpage=1&key=�

< Message edited by A Dreamer -- 9/24/2011 16:22:43 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> (HS-clan-based) The Nightmare
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition