Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= August 26th Design Notes: New Old Fortune City RELEASE IS LIVE!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= August 26th Design Notes: New Old Fortune City RELEASE IS LIVE!
Page 18 of 20«<1617181920>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/28/2011 3:21:06   
voidance

Well thats nice BUT I have 2 problems with that gun. 1st of all it has a 41 dex req and 2nd it is only 31 damage. The only real Support gun we have is Plasma ACP.
AQW Epic  Post #: 426
8/28/2011 3:21:25   
zelemania

Kurz Elite will give 12dex 4tech 6support - best support gun.
Post #: 427
8/28/2011 3:29:36   
voidance

We got 3 33 damage physical guns that are Strength related, Why couldn't they have made one of those a Support gun? 33 damage is only useful if you plan to have high Deadly Aim and if they are strength related that means 2 things. 1, they are useless for their current purpose because we cant use their full potential because of Deadly Aim's support req, and 2 When we do decide to use them for a support build we have useless and wasted stat points on strength which also results in less support. This Weapons update seem to favor Tac Merc's.
AQW Epic  Post #: 428
8/28/2011 3:37:11   
phycocat18

Great update, nice weapons that are premanet. Glad I didn't farm for the key.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 429
8/28/2011 5:09:56   
Calogero

wait so, the Stun guns that costed 50$ get outstatted by non rare varium guns?
that kinda sucks

good release nevertheless

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 430
8/28/2011 5:37:40   
Fay Beeee

So.................

Just had a quick look and LOVE what I have seen so far.
I REALLY need to study the guns before I buy though.:)

The graphics are brilliant. I like the new start page. The speed is excellent.
So thank you all for your hard work.
Excellent release.
Soooooooooooo glad you solved the lag problem. It was driving me nuts. :) More than I usually am.

Epic  Post #: 431
8/28/2011 7:22:03   
Bounty3573

LOL

I agree with u Fay Beee. I bought serpent auxs, Dark Star and DIDNT know that it was plus 10 str. WASted varium.
:(. But the auxs are great!!!.
Epic  Post #: 432
8/28/2011 8:39:44   
Wiseman

@voidance: We did the requirements like that on purpose, to prevent stat abuse/spamming to a certain extent. It IS still possible to make a stat spamming build with these weapons, however most of them limit how high you can take one stat thanks to the requirements. Also this release does not favor tactical mercenaries, we don't favor any one class at all, and at the moment we know TLM is the most overpowered class, we intend to do something about that soon. The Kurz elite may have less damage but it has more stats than those 33 dmg guns do, in fact I believe it has more stats than any other gun that's been released, including promos. We don't decide the damage/stat difference randomly, we have a formula that calculates the stat/dmg ratio for weapons, and even though it may not do a lot of damage, it's still very usable with support builds. In a support build, primary/gun damage isn't that important, what matters is your aux damage and your ability to hold out, the Kurz allows you to improve both, so it is indeed a great gun for support builds.

@andy123: These weapons are on par with the stun guns that's true, but so where a lot of the seasonal rares before they where added as a promo. The stun guns have 8 enhancement slots and 19 stats, these new weapons also have 19 stats but only 7 enhancement slots. More importantly, the stun guns also have a chance to stun, while these new guns have no special effects, and even though that stun chance is small, when it does happen it makes a difference.

Regarding Balance: This release only had one balance adjustment, which was the lowering of Massacres support requirement and a slight improvement in Massacres damage percents. We have a lot of balance changes lined up for future releases though, including a few ideas on how to fix the TLM and HLB (heal loop build) issues.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 8/28/2011 9:30:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 433
8/28/2011 9:26:31   
Sparticus

Old fortune city is nice, new interface is nice, less lag is nice, new weapons look nice.

Nothing is great, nothing is must have. Its just nice.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 434
8/28/2011 9:35:38   
Basicball

@spart: new interface and new areas are great, less lag is must-have

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 435
8/28/2011 9:48:29   
Sparticus

New interface is on par with most other games I play, new area looks fine but there is little to do there and the lag should never have been there to begin with so sorry if I don't sound too thrilled. Like I said, its nice, no complaints from me.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 436
8/28/2011 10:12:11   
Hun Kingq

Well the creature players call lag is still there but not as bad as before. It was so slow last night which might as helped me get the Tesla E armor for each account while others was slowly rushing to get the new weapons but to speed up my characters I de-equiped and was able to run faster so maybe it is time for ED to get new graphic controls.

The ED staff may not be favoring one class over another but when they take things from one class and do an update that basically increases the power of other classes as well as a high supprt requirement on a maxed out skill so that they can't abuse the stas the improves their skills makes a strong appearance that they favor one or two classes over another.
Epic  Post #: 437
8/28/2011 10:22:03   
Wiseman

@Hun Kingq: This releases focus was on content, the reason we managed to get the massacre changes in is because of the fact that it was a big issue with the last release. We considered it top priority because of the lack of consistency when compared with the other Ultimate skills. So even though we only did a balance adjustment on the Bounty Hunter class, we did it so it would be consistent with the other classes, therefor it was not in favor of the BH class.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 438
8/28/2011 10:30:18   
LambO

Nice weapons. Cool release.

Nothing major, but in the future can you start releasing weapons with more colours to go with our amours?
Or can we atleast try colour custom?
Just the colours you give these new weapons just don't look good for me. (Weapon designs are nice)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 439
8/28/2011 10:43:04   
Fay Beeee

^
LambO
What are you talking about? They have a really lovely mostly red one. lol
Epic  Post #: 440
8/28/2011 10:45:28   
supermasivo

I wanted to buy a new aux, but i WONT couse no aux NO AUX is better than my eggzooka stats... and my overlord sidearm still having better stats for support than any sidearm... so till next update no varium for now...
Epic  Post #: 441
8/28/2011 11:17:21   
FrostWolv

Moderators I need ur help ..... since this release ED in my PC is lagging

I am using FireFox with Flash version: 10.3.183.7

Please help

~F...tW...

Epic  Post #: 442
8/28/2011 11:25:45   
Hun Kingq

Wiseman, I was refering to previous releases not this one because I knew this one was more about content than anything else but truly do a comparison on these things with the three new classes, multi, energy return, health return, debuffing, energy stealing capabilities, and extra protection without using energy, tell us who gets short changed?

In 2vs2 I had to debuff from smoke then they smoked the tact merc so I used reflex boost on him my energy did not go up but his did at a greater rate because of it so while I was using energy and getting nothing back each attack on the tact merc they gained the energy back. While they could steal over 20 (27 to be exact) points of energy with a low level atom smasher I could steal none.

No skill should be linked to other classes, when they basically made berzerker less effective at lower levels because of the mercs it affected the Blood Mage more.
Epic  Post #: 443
8/28/2011 11:28:47   
Wiseman

@FrostWolv: I'd love to help, but the problem is I don't know what could be causing it. I switched to the new flash version and everything is working far more smoothly now. Are you 100% sure you switched? In order for the change to take place you have to first go to your plugins and disabled the old version, then download and enable the newer version (at least that's what I had to do *I'm using Firefox*).

If your using chrome or IE then I cannot help you, since I really don't know how to update it on those browsers.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 8/28/2011 11:29:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 444
8/28/2011 11:47:44   
IsaiahtheMage

Looks good so far. You guys also forgot to add the version and muber to the login screen. Ya know Delta: 1.0.3 You know what I mean just a example.
AQW Epic  Post #: 445
8/28/2011 11:56:40   
Epic Pwnser

My comments on the weapons.
Weapons are quite nice, pros being the high base damage (32,33/37,38)
Non-varium guns have pretty stats, lvl 33 eng gun w/ 16 stats.
Non-varium auxes are a letdown. I would have loved the hive launcher to have more stats. And in dex+tech. It's too spread out. +36 damage is a big pro. Same sum of stats (11) as graphite gun, but +2 more damage. Comparing this to the graphite gun, I'll wait.

Varium guns were good as well. Particularly the lvl 33 ones w/ 33 base damage. Kurz elite has the most stats out of all guns now I believe.
Varium auxes have high base damage but weak stats compared to rares.

The varium gap is closing. Slowly, but surely.
Big woot for a long long wait.
Epic  Post #: 446
8/28/2011 11:59:24   
Silver Sky Magician

Does anyone know where the Fortune City Shadow Guard is? Or has he disappeared for good? O_O

P.S. The new Exile Soldier looks much cooler than the previous two

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 8/28/2011 12:00:14 >
Post #: 447
8/28/2011 12:01:01   
aqwshadowking14

@Epic

There is 1 gun that has 28 stats.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 448
8/28/2011 12:03:43   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

[Silver Sky Magician] :

He isn't gone forever, the Shadow Guard in Fortune has a new location now. The Shadow Guard was moved into Valestra's lounge in the room between Valestra and Habuki.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 449
8/28/2011 12:06:32   
Jatar The Legend

^ Thanks Mario! I was getting ready to startt a Q/A Thread on this. Preciate it ;)
DF  Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= August 26th Design Notes: New Old Fortune City RELEASE IS LIVE!
Page 18 of 20«<1617181920>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition