Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Communal Feeling in ED

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Communal Feeling in ED
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/28/2011 19:52:09   
Stabilis

Yo yo yo, the developers do listen to everyone. In the balance thread I suggested a change to hybrid armour, that it is proportional to the character's level (I guess). Its not really changed much but they did go after it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 76
8/28/2011 20:52:22   
Silver Sky Magician

I agree with what PD said (nice post, really bad choice of parable though)

Which brings up the following interesting questions:

1. Would it be better or for worse if Nightwraith and Titan don't tell us what or when they release things until they actually release it?

2. Would it be better or for worse if ED General Discussion (not Suggestions, Q&A or Battle Strategy) did not exist?

I would also like to reiterate this:

For you, EpicDuel is just a game. No matter how much money you have spent on it, to you it's just a game. If it's more than that then there's something very wrong with your lifestyle.

For Nightwraith and Titan, EpicDuel is their baby, their job and their passion, and forms an extremely great part of their life.

Who are you to flame them? It is your own decision to buy varium (when you can play well as a non-varium player if you have enough skill). It is your own decision to have such enormous expectations, sometimes to the point of twisting the devs' words or being unreasonable. And it is ultimately your own decision to express destructive anger instead of mild disappointment.

To say the devs have failed you time and time again is ridiculous! It's a game. When releases get delayed, I shrug and do something else. Read a book, play AQW, get more sleep. It's not as if delayed EpicDuel releases will kill you or are any cause for anger.

To be perfectly honest, if you get enraged to the point of flaming when EpicDuel releases get delayed or don't go your way, you are addicted to it. And that is clearly your own fault.

There are some, however, who are helpful, rational and not childishly selfish. But ultimately, people tend to listen to those who shout loudest - which also happen to be those who say the silliest things. Unless majority of this community changes, neither the devs nor you are going to have a remotely fun time working on/playing EpicDuel.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 8/28/2011 21:07:26 >
Post #: 77
8/28/2011 22:46:57   
Stabilis

^ That's a really great opinion on the game I just don't want the game to fail though that would be horrible.
AQ Epic  Post #: 78
8/28/2011 23:15:35   
voidance

To a good portion of the EpicDuel community Releases are a addiction. So you have to understand people are gonna get mad when they don't get their weekly "fix". This being said it has also come to my attention that not only does the Developers have to release something every week to satisfy the community they have to 1 up it every single release, Which in turn gives these select players this "such enormous expectations" as Silver Sky Magician stated above, Which makes me feel as if it were partially the Developers fault because you cant "keep adding more cocaine to the line" every fix which in this case would be a update. So all that being said, this is my view on the situation that has arose in the past few months.

(The drug reference was just a metaphor and was not in any way a encouragement to do drugs)

< Message edited by voidance -- 8/28/2011 23:16:36 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 79
8/29/2011 6:27:07   
zion

In real life, there are certain professions that require doing a certain set amount of work each day. There are other professions that require a project to be completed after some amount of time. Very few professions allow workers to work indefinitely on a project without any deadlines - nothing would get done.
As a (now) serious company, AE should determine the rate for game updates and how many work hours are required to meet the proper deadlines. If 2 people can't do better than 1 update every month, either:

1) Hire more devs for the game
OR
2) Have monthly (on-time) updates

Either solution would set reasonably well with the players - assuming deadlines are met.

In terms of the caste system which exists in ED - that is what you get when you play a f2p/pay2win game.

People who spend money should have an advantage in battle and a few perks.

Outside of battle, Varium users should have Varium only features.

Inside of battle, we need a more level playing field. (Right now there is roughly a 15 lvl difference -see the old GAP posts)

I agree with Shadronica that enhancements need a revamp - they should be very affordable - like 3-5K a slot - this way everyone would do credit enhancement and varium option would be only if you are literally broke / quick fix. (Why should Varium buyers be hit harder to spend Varium on EVERYTHING!?)

Another need are more gimmicky bots like assault bot with varium and non-varium ones available. 5 focus builds took over this game for more than a year and was unplayable for a f2p. Obvious under-powered situations should be addressed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
8/29/2011 23:22:43   
King Indra

Yeah U Right
AQW Epic  Post #: 81
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Communal Feeling in ED
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition