Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A big thank you to the devs.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> A big thank you to the devs.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/27/2011 20:55:03   
Wraith

I feel that we owe a thank you and an apology to the devs. They have worked ntil 4:30, and we rewarded them with: Base slander.

Hopefully this gets seen, so I'm saying thank you for working so hard, and sorry for all the harsh comments directed at you.

By devs I include mods and testers.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/27/2011 21:17:07   
DeathGuard

Players said Devs deserve a smack, but the truth is we do deserve that smack, since we must get back to reality. I apologize for all the flaming from my fellow forumers since they don't understand the hidden truth in your posts.
Well said Lord Sinastr!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
8/27/2011 21:18:29   
Wraith

^Your welcome finally someone sees my point.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/27/2011 21:22:12   
AQWPlayer

Thanks you devs! But next time maybe you should promise less just in case you don't get the other stuff done in time.
AQW  Post #: 4
8/27/2011 21:29:28   
ace1092

Tbh, I think the Devs are doing great for how many people are actually helping out with the game itself. AQW has maybe 10-20 (maybe more) people working on the game constantly, while ED only has around half as much as AQW. I thank the Devs for trying so hard to please us, even though we can be a real pain most of the time. ;)
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/27/2011 21:29:32   
Purple112

I agree. So many trolling/flaming threads out there the devs deserve a big thank you .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
8/27/2011 21:50:30   
Wraith

Wow, I'm so proud to turn haters in appreciators.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/28/2011 6:53:20   
Basicball

well, i'm not saying sorry for the other forumers, that's just something they have to do themselves

but i do agree: thanks

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
8/28/2011 9:16:34   
Drakadh

Thanks Devs, you deserve a Big Cake just like the "Super Man" Themed cake :P

Gratz on the release! ( Or was that an update :P )
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
8/28/2011 15:12:52   
EA Mage

Thank you dev's You deserve a vaction I Think so
Epic  Post #: 10
8/28/2011 15:19:53   
One Winged Angel1357

Thank you devs for all the little things you add to make this game interesting
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
8/28/2011 15:21:49   
Joe10112

Devs, I alway knew you could do it. Great release. I love the revamp, makes everything sharper and cooler IMO. Love everything. Can't wait for next week's seasonal items! I'm still with you, ED! Moar quests maybe? And maybe we can finally use Valery's bullets and soon the Key Card?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
8/28/2011 17:55:38   
rej

Thankyou for the items.

But this doesn't change the fact that they wern't anywhere close to being on time.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
8/28/2011 20:38:05   
Silver Sky Magician

Thanks, devs!

BTW I really don't get the issue about the devs 'not being on time'. For you EpicDuel is a mere hobby. For them it is literally their life (or at least their job).
Post #: 14
8/29/2011 13:40:05   
  Nightwraith

Thank you so much. Topics like these make the long hours worth it.

When working on a project of larger scale, you have to set deadlines, so we say "on Friday" as a benchmark for us as well a way of letting you know when we plan to release. Plan being the operative word. Sometimes things happen that prevent that goal from being achieved at the last minute. It's the same story with something like an assignment for school. Maybe your printer dies. Maybe your HD crashes. Maybe your power goes out and your dog eats your backup HD. Best laid plans, etc... I can assure you we hate, hate, HATE late releases even more than you. It's not like we enjoy working all weekend ;)

To keep from burning out completely, we've got a much more modest to-do list for this week, so expect a Wednesday release with a return of the Dragon items and new content as well! While I'm at DragonCon meeting fans, Titan will still be working at the lab (possibly in pajama pants since no one else will be there) to improve EpicDuel.
Post #: 15
8/29/2011 13:45:12   
Basicball

@NW: is a new the year of the dragon cheevo getting released?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
8/29/2011 13:52:25   
Bu Kek Siansu

Glad to see you here, Nightwraith! :)

Don't forget to take a break, don't work too hard! Good luck with everything! :D

< Message edited by AVA -- 8/29/2011 13:54:07 >
Post #: 17
8/29/2011 14:00:03   
PumKing

@Nightwraith-- as much bunk as we players give to you, while we don't like giving it ourselves, I personally give you devs a hard time because I have such high expectations from you, which you usually don't disappoint much in. Quite frankly you guys rock, please keep up the great work, and hope you have a relaxing time at the con.
Epic  Post #: 18
8/29/2011 14:00:35   
InceptionAE

@Nightwraith

Is there any chance there'll be a promo? I've been waiting for 2 months now. =/

And I thank you for the hardwork you put in to this game to implement this wonderful release. =]

< Message edited by DungeonHunter -- 8/29/2011 14:01:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
8/29/2011 14:12:48   
Joe10112

Hey Nightwraith! Have fun coding and working! Thanks for making ED great! And you too Titan!

Back to School items appearing next wednesday too? It'd be cool if there was a nonvar Dragon Item...with a cheevo ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
8/29/2011 16:48:01   
Wraith

Awesome Nightwraith!

Dragon Weapons.... *Farms credits for Dragon Buster.*

Dragon Buster has always been my dream weapon, the looks + stats make it one of the best weapons in the game.

Hopefully Titan has something good planned for us Maybe a Dragon Master cheevo that is purchasable?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
8/29/2011 17:10:45   
InceptionAE

@Lord Sin.

Uh, you know that the Dragon Buster has the exact same stats as the Imperial Battle Axe you get from Valery in Fortune city. Are you going for the stats AND looks? or Just for the stats. Cause it's hardly any difference. (Other than dragon buster gives a cheevo)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
8/29/2011 17:12:56   
Wraith

^4 extra stats actually I think, or is it 2? The looks better than Guitar, and Dragon Master is like the best looking cheevo ever.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> A big thank you to the devs.
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition