Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes August 30th - A Draconic Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 30th - A Draconic Design Notes
Page 4 of 12«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/1/2011 10:49:57   
zelemania

I want them to be added to 10k package, not only to the shop.
Post #: 76
9/1/2011 17:28:02   
nico0las

I really like the energy knives and the Physical staff. I'm not online all of tomorrow so I need to find out when they're doing a restock
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
9/1/2011 17:29:29   
elm street

seriously still no word about the update?? wth is with this website...... a day late and not even a word

God has a sense of humor, just look at the platypus http://www.newhotstuff.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/platypus.jpg
Epic  Post #: 78
9/1/2011 17:30:37   
Agiluz

Hopefully they show the stats soon
Post #: 79
9/1/2011 17:37:07   
LambO

Just got home from work, still not a release? =/
Nightwraith said Wednesday, now it's thursday with no reply on what's going on.
How do you expect us to feel when every release theres a delay & you guys just never come on & tell us what's going on.

Release it or give us some info on what's happening, cause this is really just silly now.

So as far as I know, the Dev's are lazy & are doing nothing to get the release out on time.
^ prove me wrong & tell us what's happening.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 80
9/1/2011 18:30:33   
TurkishIncubus

When is the update ? , Again they set no date and they will release it in unknown time.Bravo! All ED Mods and Devs (sarcasm)

Epic  Post #: 81
9/1/2011 18:38:35   
Hiddenblade

Atleast tell us the Stats please, ill need to see the stats to see what i want to get or if there worth getting.
Post #: 82
9/1/2011 18:49:52   
Xx. Christian .xX

THE LESSON IS ... DONT BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post #: 83
9/1/2011 20:17:52   
Midnightsoul

I would like to know the stats as I'm doing AExtras...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 84
9/1/2011 20:40:10   
button33

The Weapons are in game only
AQW Epic  Post #: 85
9/1/2011 21:05:40   
Wraith

^we know.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 86
9/1/2011 21:26:24   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@LambO- you do know that the majority of our staff is at DragonCon, right? You'd be surprised how difficult communication can be for remote staff like myself.
Post #: 87
9/1/2011 21:29:06   
Xx. Christian .xX

does this means NO UPDATE TODAY!!!!
Post #: 88
9/1/2011 21:29:30   
DeathGuard

Cinderella: Can you ask to Nw if he can add some previews of the new hairstyles and weps minutes before update please?
Also, when is next balance update occuring?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 89
9/1/2011 21:40:27   
Wiseman

@LambO: We did some testing today, and made some progress, but with many of the staff at Dragoncon or back in school, we are a bit thin on testers at the moment. That's the main reason the release isn't out yet, everything isn't fully tested and ready to be launched. Most likely the release will be tomorrow, and I'll be sure to post about it here if anything changes.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 9/1/2011 21:41:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
9/1/2011 21:46:50   
Darkoake445

Generally I try and support the staff on one side of the daily argument that someone brings up in the forums every single day but this really bugs me that it was supposed to be a Wednesday release. Now I honestly do not care when it is released but the mere fact that it was said by one of the developers of the game that it would be released on one day and then taking another two whole days is what bugs me. It's not their fault guys they are understaffed and most of them are at dragoncon it's just that I felt betrayed and basically lied to because of the original design notes.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
9/1/2011 21:52:53   
Wiseman

^ Nightwraith already explained that when they announce dates/times they are just announcing when they want the release to be here, not when it will actually be here. The fact that players take it as a 100% official announcement/promise that it will happen on that day, isn't the developers fault. It's the fault of the players that always seem to get their expectations up too high, I've learned many times in my life to never set my expectations too high.

Prepare for the Worst, Hope for the Best, Expect something Average - These are the words I live by, and they have always served me well.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 9/1/2011 21:53:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
9/1/2011 21:54:59   
button33

Still, Dragon Con is tomorrow, so a release tomorrow would be fine

Also, I think they said 38 staff went to Dragoncon
AQW Epic  Post #: 93
9/1/2011 21:59:57   
Darkoake445

Ok I admit that I did take the release date a little too seriously but I think I speak for most of the community when I say that I would rather not know about an upcoming release if we don't know the actual absolute release date because why announce a day if it's just going to get pushed back. Please don't take this as an attack on the Devs or Epicduel in any way I'm just stating my opinion and in no way meant to offend anyone.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
9/1/2011 22:02:32   
endtime

The real issue is a job is a job: if you receive a deadline from your boss, you have to meet the deadline. Constantly missing deadlines should get you fired, and there is no excuses in the real world.
AQW Epic  Post #: 95
9/1/2011 22:04:20   
Darkoake445

Thank you for stating that and I believe that is how every single one of us feels because we are the consumers and they depend on our support to survive and if they constantly let their consumer base down they will stop investing in that good, product, or service. Once again I mean no offense to anyone.

Edit: Also a great idea would be to get a jump start on an amazing update and say, "This is coming out on Friday," then, because you prepared and started earlier, you release it on Thursday and we have renewed faith in the team.

< Message edited by Darkoake445 -- 9/1/2011 22:13:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
9/1/2011 22:24:18   
Wiseman

@endtime: You are correct, however Titan and Nightwraith have complete creative control over ED, which was part of the agreement when they signed on with Artix Entertainment. In other words, Titan and Nightwraith are free to set their own deadlines among other things, and I doubt they would fire themselves.

Keep in mind they try to be consistent with the other AE games and release every Friday, but that just proves to be impossible in some cases, due to the size of the team.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 9/1/2011 22:25:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
9/1/2011 22:29:24   
Xx. Christian .xX

^ why wont they fire themselves and artix can get a new one
Post #: 98
9/1/2011 22:29:55   
Darkoake445

Hm, well then that puts them in a tough spot since they never have to keep their own deadlines, and let's be honest they rarely do lately, then the consumer base will get smaller and smaller and eventually fade out so in essence they will put themselves out of a job anyway so how is that any different from firing themselves? Also look at my suggestion in my previous post please. Once again this is just my opinion and I am a very big fan of Epic Duel and in no way wish to see it go but I feel that they could make some improvements in the way they deal with the customers and their numbers of their staff which is why I'm going to send my resume as a coder to Galanoth and Titan to see if even though they hired one already if they are in need of another. Thanks for listening

< Message edited by Darkoake445 -- 9/1/2011 22:30:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
9/1/2011 22:41:38   
Wiseman

^ They set their own deadlines that is true, but believe me they work their hardest to try and meet those deadlines. The issue isn't the deadlines it's the size of the team, and as you already know they are trying to resolve that problem. The ED devs aren't just sitting around and ignoring their deadlines on purpose, it just looks that way to players that can't see what's goes on behind the scenes, and to us it just seems pointless when someone complains about something that nobody in the staff could prevent, even if we tried.

It's like watching someone complain because a person isn't able to force a large rock through a straw.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 9/1/2011 22:42:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 30th - A Draconic Design Notes
Page 4 of 12«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition