Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes August 30th - A Draconic Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 30th - A Draconic Design Notes
Page 9 of 12«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/2/2011 23:11:47   
Shadronica

Geez alright already we get the picture. We have wasted money on anything we have bought in this game. Some of us far too much. I wish I could have seen this far into the future when I started ED.

By contrast another game I have started playing has just given me and everyone playing it a birthday gift for the game's 3rd birthday.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 201
9/2/2011 23:14:17   
Joe10112

@Cindy: I know you didnt, but it was implied. Looks like I'll be shaking my head as I buy the aux that should have been buffed...

But it's unfair, as Back To School don't get buffed, but Independence does. I think they've been out same amount of time. Stop buffing starting from next year. It makes it more fair.

And the new helms, are they staying perma? Kuz if I want to recolor in like 2 months, do I have to change my helm?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 202
9/2/2011 23:23:43   
Remorse

These wepons had good potentail but they blew em.
-First off they have bad stats, No one ever wants support and str combined (barely ever) and also barely any1 likes them having all 4 stats.
- Secodnly they arnt evan given the plus 34 -1 which means theyl be outdated fast compared to deltas.
-Thirdly they wrent given a cool side effect like curse etc.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 9/2/2011 23:24:38 >
Epic  Post #: 203
9/2/2011 23:32:02   
Bunshichi

50 varium for a helmet

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 204
9/2/2011 23:36:55   
Sparticus

Nice looking weapons. They don't fill any useful niche nor do they do anything special but they are nice.

I have them both and have builds for both so they are certainly useable stat wise. Anyone who can't figure out how to alter their stats to accommodate for these weapons must have copied their build to begin with. Its not that tough to use them.

The animation is dead slow when used with the Eggzookas and Tesla armors together. I'd look into that please.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 205
9/2/2011 23:37:11   
Wiseman

@WhiteTiger & ND Mallet: We discussed buffing the back to school weapons right before the release actually, and we came to the unanimous decision to end the buffing right then and there.

I'll go ahead and make an official announcements on the matter.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 206
9/2/2011 23:41:51   
Nexus...

@Cindy

All the seasonal rares from previous events have been buffed, and you made no indication that it would be changing at this specific event, so why would I think otherwise? Theres no consistency in your decisions. 50 Varium for a helm when we have had no fix to the "buy a helm, change its color, and have to buy the helm again?" +33 damage on the new weapons, and no special ability (connect, critical, stun, curse)? No buff to the back to school weapons OR the varium items such as the coveted dragon buster? None of this goes with the way things have been going in terms of seasonal rares. These were all little perks that benefited long time players, and made it easier on new ones. Now they are gone, and we are left to further guess what will come next. Do I have to pay a 100 Varium toll to get into Fortune City now? Wouldn't be surprised.

@Wiseman

Don't you think such a decision deserves an explanation? Also, isn't such a decision possibly something you should run by the players before you do so? I see no reason why you would end something that helped long time supporters of the game. None of my seasonal rares will ever be better then they are now. These are seasonal rares, not permanent items. If they were permanent I could understand, but because they are seasonal I see no reason to do so.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 9/2/2011 23:46:54 >
Epic  Post #: 207
9/2/2011 23:53:13   
Shadronica

Totally getting out of hand now. I see no reason at all for me to spend one more cent on this game until it has improved beyond just mindlessly asking us to keep putting our hands in our pockets to pay to win.

The other game that I play simply allows us to buy stuff for our pleasure which never gets outdated. And it allows us to pay as little as $5 to buy the currency. The best armor in the game is earned by hard work but you need not pay anything to get it.

Your getting left way behind ED as your competitors are just blowing you out of the water.

< Message edited by Shadronica -- 9/2/2011 23:54:46 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 208
9/3/2011 0:00:53   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

I have introduced a suggestion of weapon cycling as this game continues to level and handing down weapons the other accounts with the Master. This game has many options from so many players, so they best plan to start being creative or this game will continue to loose their older players.

In a few hours I will introduce regionalization of weapons, it actually does many things, and I will be very clear on it.

AQW Epic  Post #: 209
9/3/2011 0:09:33   
zelemania

Dragon and backtoschool weapons weren't buffed? They are useless... Even the non-rares are muuuuch better...
Post #: 210
9/3/2011 0:22:13   
LambO

Finally the release is out....

About the Buffing rares etc. So the community has no say in anything what so ever? Jesus...
Buffing the weapons will make us so powerful that it will be unbalanced?
^Give me the freakin proof that buffing the weapons will make the game unbalance, don't chat shizzle...
Oh, but we have to give you a reason, CnC or whatever so you can just ignore & waste our time?

Get a GRIP ED GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 211
9/3/2011 0:25:19   
Bunshichi

I thougth I was the only one who noticed barely anyone has commented on anything :/
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 212
9/3/2011 0:30:26   
Shadronica

They are shell shocked Bunshichi.

Hardly anyone on the forums and I understand why.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 213
9/3/2011 0:30:30   
Colarndo

The LQS weapons just have 1 more dmg and 1 more enhancement slot more then my Kringle Bot staff. And it still loses out to Delta gear unless you intend to get a new energy weapon.
Not gonna bother with these.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 214
9/3/2011 0:36:16   
Darkoake445

@ Shadronica, Even though it's a little off-topic, what game is it that you have mentioned?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 215
9/3/2011 0:41:23   
Silver Sky Magician

Hmmm...no buff to the seasonal rares...

Guess I'll just have to make do with the new non-varium weapons...hope the staff don't suddenly decide to buff the weapons, or I'll be beating myself up

On second thought, perhaps I'll buy the Graphite Gun. The devs change their mind all the time, after all

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 9/3/2011 0:44:43 >
Post #: 216
9/3/2011 0:41:32   
xxmirxx

quote:

On Thursday Night from 8-10 join the AE staff at room 4724 at the top of the Mariott for a pizza party with Artix, Cysero, and the rest of the team! It?s all ages, and super-casual (although I would not suggest showing up in pajamas and bunny slippers. I mean, I guess there?s no one stopping you...)
WOW what great idea you care pay for Air plane ticket too.
AQ Epic  Post #: 217
9/3/2011 0:42:32   
Wiseman

@Colarndo: The main selling point for the new weapons are that they change with your class, so you can buy it once and use it no-matter what class you are. It's like buying 3 weapons for the price of 1, also the delta gear is a promo set, and they are level 34 so the new weapons shouldn't be more powerful than those "being level 33 and sold in-game". The Kringle Bot staff is a Seasonal rare and is no longer available (and wont be for awhile), so current players who do not have that one would get the new weapons.

Also the Kringle-Bot staff was released before we started using a balance standard, and like many of the previous weapons released, it is slightly overpowered for its level. This is something we plan to adjust as the level cap raises, and our standard becomes the norm. There will be no more huge jumps in stats when new weapons are released, we want players to choose a weapon because of the stat placement, not because of how many stats it gives.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 218
9/3/2011 0:48:47   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Nexus- I never implied that, and as Wiseman said the decision not to buff was a recent one, so if I had announced they would be buffed, you would have called me a liar.

We didn't intend this to be "OMG YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED THESE WEAPONS TO WIN!" but "hey, this is something pretty cool and rare".

Wiseman would be able to explain more than I would about why the seasonal weapons weren't buffed, so I'll allow him to explain.

@xxmirxx- you don't HAVE to go to DragonCon. I announced that for the players who'd already decided to go to DragonCon for whatever reason.

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 9/3/2011 0:52:27 >
Post #: 219
9/3/2011 0:50:50   
Joe10112

@Cindy:

It's okay if they're not buffed, it just doesnt make sense. Independece days were buffed, so continue buffing until one year's worth of buffing is done. Then state at the beginning of the year that old weps will NOT BE BUFFED anymore, and new weapons will be coming out, that will be buffed for (insert #) of years, and then will not be buffed anymore. That seems more fair, as I was counting on the buff to bring Graphite Gun up to par with what I thought it would be.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 220
9/3/2011 1:05:32   
Illuminator

I want you guys to make sure you understand the argument you are making about the back to school weapons not getting buffed.

You made an assumption based on a past trend that was never said to continue or to be a tradition, and now that it has been said that it won't be happening anymore you are angry that you were "lied to" about them getting buffed? Simply because you weren't told that they weren't going to be buffed? Notice I put "lied to" in quotes because I know that it hasn't been said that the devs lied, but it has been loosely implied.

When it comes to items being re-released, buffed, or changed in any way you should always assume that nothing will happen with them unless explicitly stated otherwise. Meaning assume that returning items will not be buffed unless staff have said that they will be buffed. The only reason you have been let down by this is that you made a false assumption and expected it to be true simply because it was true in the past.

I really hope you can see the flaw in your logic. It isn't a valid argument.
AQ Epic  Post #: 221
9/3/2011 1:08:51   
edwardvulture

I'm pretty sure the better half of us have read wiseman's thread regarding buffing weapons and are writing PM's that will hopefully change your minds on this subject. (using statistics and facts)

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 9/3/2011 1:09:46 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 222
9/3/2011 1:15:15   
aqwshadowking14

Is anyone else getting message "You are being kicked off EpicDuel."? I was at a perfect jug record and that just messed up the whole thing. -.-
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 223
9/3/2011 1:16:37   
T.600

@above: Yes, I've already reported the bug here.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 224
9/3/2011 1:19:05   
Giras Wolfe

Love the stats on the new energy wep! Great artwork guys!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 30th - A Draconic Design Notes
Page 9 of 12«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition