Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Arr! Book of Piracy, me mateys!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> Arr! Book of Piracy, me mateys!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/31/2011 22:11:48   
superjars

*cough*

Well, as you can see, even though we are keeping on the Book of The Rift, we want to keep the tradition of regular books alive and going. It's important to us to keep going with the books, especially to give those of you not involved in the Summer Book project a chance to sharpen your cutlasses and sail into adventure!

Make sure you Read the Rules or else we'll make you walk the plank! We look forward to seeing all of your Aquatic adventures in the realm of the Pirates (of Dark Water?).

*hoists the Purple Jolly Roger and watches it flap to the heartbeat of the winds* Avast ye landlubbers! National Talk like a Pirate Day be comin the 19th of September! So while ye be confusin yer friends with strange pirate talk this month, settle down with ye ship mates and tell a tale of yer adventures of the seas! Yo ho, yo ho! A Pirate's life fer me!

~Captin' Mritha

Entries must be in Superjars', Mritha's or Eukara's PM box by September 30, 23:59. No exceptions. Now, make the Pirates proud. The Book of Ninjas is watching to see how easily you will be beat in the future...

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 9/1/2011 13:40:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/31/2011 22:57:02   
Mordred

I already be in the spirit, so I'll certainly be tellin' ye landlubbers of the travels of Dread Capt'n Mordred, ex-Admiral and captain of the Dread Dragoon! Me name be legend in parts of the world! Ye can expect pillagin', lootin', swashbucklin', (attempted)mutiny, an' some other somesuch! But I'll also try to show ye how we can be a gentlemanly lot, we can.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
9/1/2011 1:53:16   
Question Mark?

Arr! And I'll be tellin' tales of horror, te mach me Crew's vall'yent attempt ta' pillage the Unnamable Cities, yar!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 3
9/1/2011 2:17:09   
Starstruck

((...loving the pirate-game ad at the bottom of the page.))

Yon holiday be marked with an X on my calendar, and not even the fiercest sea monsters shall keep me away from finally being a part of ye books, haharr! But tomorrow, for even the saltiest sea dog may have a terrible hangover...or at the very least, a very late night. Oh, and wenches. Musn't forget rum and wenches. And booty, too!
DF MQ  Post #: 4
9/1/2011 13:40:22   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Entries must be in Superjars', Mritha's or Eukara's PM box by September 30, 23:59. No exceptions. Now, make the Pirates proud. The Book of Ninjas is watching to see how easily you will be beat in the future...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/1/2011 18:23:04   
Mortarion

I have two questions. 1) Do whe need groups for this one; 2) What are the limitations of what type of pirates whe can be, for example is it forbidden to be a pirate in the Davey Johnes style*

*The one that appeared in pirates of the caribean i mean
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
9/1/2011 18:51:47   
superjars

1) This is solo writing, like the old style of Book Projects. No need to have groups.

2) No limitations, other than the ones enforced by the forum rules and L&L rules. You can have Davey Jones style pirates as long as you don't plagiarize any other works.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/1/2011 18:52:57   
Mortarion

Ah ok, as I was going for a more monster like pirate, and what means your new title?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
9/1/2011 19:07:05   
superjars

You can make monster-like pirates, sure. As for my new title, what do you mean? It's very similar to my old one.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
9/1/2011 19:08:51   
Mortarion

What do you mean when you say "A new contract" and ok
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
9/1/2011 19:19:12   
superjars

It's a dual reference, partly to the anime my avvie is from and partly on my new role as a moderator.

Edit: Any other questions about the book?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
9/1/2011 19:46:32   
Mortarion

Yes, could my character use demonic magic and be more brutage and evil than those in BotR?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
9/1/2011 22:50:16   
superjars

As long as they are pirates and do piratey stuff, it makes no difference to me what abilities they have, as long as they follow the L&L and forum rules.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
9/4/2011 5:34:26   
demolitiondragon
Constructively Friendly!

*grins mischeviously* If I can figure out how to botch up some rhyming words, there'll be a bit of a tongue-in-cheek poem from me.

EDIT: Sent.

< Message edited by demolitiondragon -- 9/4/2011 7:27:39 >
Post #: 14
9/4/2011 9:31:39   
Eukara Vox

Oh yay! We have our first entry!

*Runs off to read*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
9/4/2011 10:02:50   
aizenv3
Banned

Sweet ! Looks like Captain Vladimir and his crew of Hommunculus in the mighty Baba Yaga's tales will be woven

< Message edited by aizenv3 -- 9/4/2011 10:03:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
9/4/2011 11:16:19   
superjars

Just a reminder about stories and poems: stories should span the length of one page, single spaced, times new roman and poems should be at least 41 lines long. On the other end, they should not be longer than seven pages long.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
9/4/2011 11:28:47   
aizenv3
Banned

I sent mines to you superjars.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
9/4/2011 21:56:09   
Mordred

quote:

they should not be longer than seven pages long.

Only seven?

I be sendin' ye multiple entries I be reckonin', then.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
9/5/2011 5:11:53   
demolitiondragon
Constructively Friendly!

Ah, 41 lines. My bad.

*adds verse*

Edit: Possibly one of the better ones, at that... XD

< Message edited by demolitiondragon -- 9/5/2011 5:32:50 >
Post #: 20
9/5/2011 12:01:49   
aizenv3
Banned

Will there be a place where the stories/poems are presented ?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
9/5/2011 15:20:35   
Mritha

Yes, it will be just like the other books we have done in the past.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
9/5/2011 16:38:34   
aizenv3
Banned

Oh, awesome. When will the thread be up ? I'd be willing to make it for you guys.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
9/5/2011 17:06:47   
Mritha

As soon as I finish the introduction either Eukara, super or I will make the thread.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
9/5/2011 17:34:49   
aizenv3
Banned

Oh alright then. I'm going to head back to my AE fanfiction story.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> Arr! Book of Piracy, me mateys!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition