Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Chapter 1 Clean-Up

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Chapter 1 Clean-Up
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/21/2011 14:52:24   
Baron Dante

@Sendai: ...It was meant to be a side-saga, but it accidentally came part of the main. Thus, it is.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
9/21/2011 17:02:39   
Dragonlord John!

@Steel Blade - Right near the end. But it doesn't really matter as the final quests in the Darkness Sage require you to have completed RavenLoss.
DF MQ  Post #: 77
9/21/2011 17:22:44   
Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

They either need to edit the dialogue for Tomix or actually make it a requirement for the Ravenloss Saga to start.

Speaking with Tomix currently tells you how you saved the Cauldron Sisters from Greed's influence, even if you didn't.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 78
9/21/2011 17:42:48   
Baron Dante

@DDL: Yup. Which is why I'm disturbed that the seasonal things have actual story in them.

Logically speaking, because Ravenloss is main, the Mogloween one with Greed and Tomix is, as it happened before, and for it to make sense, the earlier Mogloweens were too.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
9/21/2011 18:42:34   
Murtos

To get the most accurate order possible you would either need a photographic memory or you have to look into each and every design note to see which quests came before, which quests came afterwards, and when to put a lock on a saga to have the best order (i.e. Darkness Orb, Ravenloss, Darkness Orb part 2). To have the most accurate order this is completely necessary and you can't argue with the results because it was done based on the design notes.

Now don't get me wrong, this would be extremely tedious and take forever; but it would be worth it in the long run, we don't want anybody to be as confused as some of us were when we started.
Post #: 80
9/22/2011 4:01:21   
Baron Dante

Heh, I've gone through these things so many times that I remember most of it from heart. But yes, whhile it's true, the issue rises from the fact that some chains just plain start while the other one is already going. How are you going to figure which was first? There are some exceptions to the rule where things happen in one go, like the Clashening, which clearly has time between the quests.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
9/22/2011 4:33:37   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@Baron Dante: I would say the Clashening requires the Fire, Energy and Bacon Orb Sagas to be completed first.

-Lim
-Yix (I suppose you only need to meet him.)
-Cysero's private garden
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 82
9/22/2011 9:44:37   
Baron Dante

DDL: Actually, look at it this way:

Fire War to get Lim to FR, allowing start, then whenever Yix appears is required (Though, Energy Orb SHOULD be done by then assuming Fire War takes place after... which I'm not sure it has to)

As for Bacon Orb... does the hero imply he has been in the garden before? In that case, it should be as a lock for that quest.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
9/22/2011 10:38:48   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@Baron Dante: Inside the Garden, our hero states that he does not know Cysero has a garden.

In Gravityvity, our hero asks Lim.

<Character Name:> So what ARE you doing in Cysero's garden?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 84
9/22/2011 12:52:50   
Baron Dante

DDL: Yup. That's a clear one then.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
9/22/2011 16:53:25   
Murtos

Well whatever way you look at it this will take forever to organize in any appropriate way, so the DF team has their work cut out for them...
Post #: 86
9/23/2011 0:51:52   
sithdragon123

Ihave to dissagree with locking.I remember for me if i couldnt do something in one of the sagas i would skip to another one then comeback with a higher lvl, and better items.if the areas were locked to me, i wouldnt be playing right now.locking would remove freedom from doing what u like in a game.

Nothing is granted.
Everything needs questioning.

May the mother of knowledge guide you
DF AQW  Post #: 87
9/24/2011 5:29:52   
Fenna

It would be great if the DF storyline had a definite order. I just created another character a few days ago and am planning to play all the quests in order, but I don't know where to start!
Post #: 88
9/24/2011 10:30:09   
Murtos

IF they decide to put locks it should only be on super important plot points, not side quests. Unless a side quest makes a reference to any certain quest there shouldn't be a lock on it. It would give the game a nice order and you could progress before trying that one quest you just can't beat.
Post #: 89
9/24/2011 14:29:17   
Baron Dante

Hah, Murtos, this is exactly what we want. Locks are to be placed only if it refers to anything that happened somewhere else.

We should go through all quests to find all the needed locks.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
9/24/2011 14:49:10   
Murtos

Ah well then wonderful! I suggest somebody start a thread(or a Google doc) for the quests that need to be locked and what order to do it in so we can help the AE team, if that's indeed what they are doing.

OH! I was starting a YouTube walkthrough of DragonFable so I'll continue that and post in said thread(or Google doc) when I find something in need of locking...any objections?

< Message edited by Murtos -- 9/24/2011 14:52:57 >
Post #: 91
9/24/2011 17:35:05   
Matri

You know, in approximately one month everyone's favorite cuddly necromancer is going to be making his move again.

And there's still a giant dragon skeleton in the bay...
DF MQ  Post #: 92
9/24/2011 19:09:19   
Kito Domi

Here's a clean-up thing:

Now that you can only go to Ravenloss at night, shouldn't the short transition scene where it shows you going underground be et at night? The sun is fully shining in the little scene. Just a small thing that maybe could get changed? It was weird walking around in dark, then going underground in the sun.

DF AQW  Post #: 93
9/25/2011 8:22:34   
Acer DeVille

I agree with locks/instructions/guides whatever, as long as the Boss Fight doesn't have to be completed. There are times when my dragon just is not getting the RNC rolls necessary to win. It's almost like it is not leveled up enough. So I will level up a couple more times then go back and win.
Other than that I completely agree with the idea of locks, it just makes things progress along the correct timeline, I know I got so confused when I first started playing, because I ran into things I had not been introduced to yet.

When walking through FR at night, if you go "Fishing" it is daytime

< Message edited by Acer DeVille -- 9/25/2011 8:23:50 >
DF MQ  Post #: 94
9/25/2011 8:31:37   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@Acer DeVille: I know the fishing "bug", already mentioned it when nighttime was first introduced.

Say, has the gryphon been fixed up to the point where it is night at his screen when it is night?

EDIT: Seems like it has.

< Message edited by Dwelling Dragonlord -- 9/25/2011 8:34:28 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 95
9/27/2011 13:13:23   
Baron Dante

I noticed that Light Orb was the only Orb we actively searched for. This means that prior to this, we knew of the Orb, thus it should prove some other Orb saga was before. (Doing some background checkings at some point here.)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
9/27/2011 13:17:57   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@Baron Dante: Yes, the Wind Saga or some other omen (explanation given to us by the staff) that was foretold has to come along.
Thus far we only know of the Orbs and searched for them was because Sepulchure was interested in them.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 97
9/27/2011 13:18:17   
Dragonlord John!

Another thing, in Sandsea, the cutscene shows it being day, then turning to night, then once you are actually there it is day again. This is rather confusing. Wouldn't it be better to play the cutscene in reverse so it goes from night to day?
DF MQ  Post #: 98
9/27/2011 13:22:51   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@Dragonlord John!: Ghost might want to include night scenes of the sandsea, if he were it would be nice to see that cutscene whenever we go rest.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 99
9/27/2011 13:24:16   
Dragonlord John!

@DD - I was thinking something similar myself.
DF MQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Chapter 1 Clean-Up
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition