Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) The Novelization of DragonFable!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) The Novelization of DragonFable!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/24/2011 15:09:13   
#legend179#

I never seem to know what to write when I try a fanfiction, so instead I am going to novelize the story. Other than the things my main character does outside of the main stories, it will be verbatim from the game. I didn't see anywhere that this is against any rules...so here we go!
(Just a quick note: The story is going to follow the Dragon Egg Saga, then the Xan Saga, then the Orb Sagas, then the Final 13th War.)
Questions/comments/concerns go here!

< Message edited by #legend179# -- 6/14/2012 22:26:57 >
DF  Post #: 1
9/24/2011 15:22:49   
#legend179#

Prologue: A Hero is Bored
"It's the perfect day for adventure. Great things are coming my way...I can just feel it!" I said just before a huge red dragon barreled past me, flying into the air before landing beside me, it's head even with mine even though I was at the edge of a tall cliff.
"A Dragon?!" I shouted. I thought level 1 characters were supposed to start off fighting rats or something easy!
The mighty dragon let out a frightening roar.
"Here it comes...the Dragon is about to attack! Time to test my skills as a Warrior!"
Suddenly, the dragon tilted it's head, revealing a little red moglin and a beautiful woman wearing a white dress. And in her hands was a strange black box...
"Hiyas!" The moglin said before stepping off the dragon and turning around. "The path is clear, Priestess!"
The Priestess calmly walked forward, holding the black box, allowing me to see it. It was a basic chest, but where the lock would be there was a large dragon's head.
"Please pardon us friend, we are just passing through." She said before walking past me with the moglin. The dragon raised it's head and looked at me.
I REALLY SHOULD JUST EAT THIS ADVENTURER NOW. IT WOULD SAVE ME A LOT OF TROUBLE IN 30 OR SO LEVELS. GRRRR....BUT SHE DID MAKE ME PROMISE.
The mighty dragon soared into the sky with one beat of it's wings. SEE YOU IN ABOUT 30 LEVELS....HA HA HA HA HA HA!"
"What was that about?" I asked out loud.
I turned and ran to find the moglin and Priestess, passing by a bag on the ground. I grabbed it and found 20 gold pieces inside! I grabbed the bag and ran forward but was stopped by the sound of her voice.
"Oh my. Who put this carpet in the middle of the forest?"
"Oh noes! That is not a carpet Priestess...it is a Gorillaphant!" The red moglin shouted.
"RAWR! "
"I will protect you Priestess!" The moglin shouted before being punted over to land before me.
"Join my party little fella...let's save her!" I said, helping the little guy up and pulling my sword out before running up to fight the gorillaphant.
I charged at him and cut him across the chest, causing him to stumble back as the little red moglin jumped up and hit him over the head with his staff. The gorillaphant agrily slammed it's fist down, barely managing to hit me and throw me to the ground. As it came forward and prepared to deliver the final blow, the little moglin jumped up and hit it over the head, knocking it out cold.
I stood and and looked over to the Priestess.
"Thank you for saving me brave Warrior. May I know the name of my hero?" She asked.
"But Priestess...you said his name was Ethran and he is the one who is destined to..."
"What?" I asked.
"Twilly..." The Priestess said with a sigh. "Alas, we are out of time. Good Warrior, I must ask an important favor of thee. Would you please let Captain Rolith know that we're taking the shortcut? He's just ahead in Oaklore Keep. I am certain we will cross paths again."
She turned and started to walk away.
"Especially since he is going to take that Black Dragon Box and..." Twilly began.
"Twilly...." She said again, with another sigh before they disappeared into the trees.
"Well I doubt that my day can get any stranger than this. I should go to the Keep ahead and deliver the message to Rolith." I said to myself before going forward, into the gates of the astounding Oaklore Keep.

< Message edited by #legend179# -- 9/24/2011 15:49:10 >
DF  Post #: 2
9/24/2011 16:30:19   
#legend179#

Chapter I: Oaklore Keep

I walked into the keep and was immediately greeted by a golden haired knight wielding an awesome hammer.
"Welcome to Oaklore Keep, home to the honorable Knights of the Pactogonal Table." He said.
"I met with the Priestess in the woods outside the Keep. She wanted me to tell you that she is taking the shortcut." I said.
"WHAT!?You saw the Priestess on your way here? Why did you not tell me sooner!....and she isn't going to stop here at the keep?" The expression on his face turned to panic. "The forest is crawling with bandits that are looking for her. She is in grave danger...you must go after her!"
"It's hero time!" I shouted before running into the forest where I last saw them.
"Give the box Priestess, and we'll kill you quickly." I heard an angered voice shout from within the woods.
"Ethran! We must protect the Black Dragon Box at all costs!" The Priestess shouted upon seeing me.
"Leave them to me, Lady Celestria." I said, bringing my sword up, ready to fight. "I don't know who you are or why you want the box but you'd better..."
"My name is Drakath!I am the leader of the Darkwolf bandits and the rightful ruler of this land. That box is the key to my throne, and there's no way that I'm letting a peasant like you keep it from me." The spiky, black haired bandit said. "Stand down or, like the trash you are, you will be blown away by the winds of my great destiny!"
"You talk big but you don't look so tough. I was just going to take the box and leave but you just made it personal, Pal! Let's see what you've got!" I shouted.
Out of the trees, two bandits dropped down beside him.
"Get him!" He shouted.
I looked to the two bandits as they both ran forward, maces ready to strike. I swung my blade and it connected with the thight of one, throwing him from his feet. I quickly turned and hit the other with the handle of my sword, knocking him out. As the first bandit tried to stand, I spun around and kicked him in the chest, throwing him into a tree and knocking him unconscious.
I turned just in time to block Drakath's attack, but the force of his hit forced me to stumble backwards. He swing at me again, but this time I wasn't quick enough and he barely managed to cut across my chest. He smiled as he stepped back and observed his work.
I let out a quiet grunt and shouted as I brought my blade up and and swung at him from the side. He managed to stop my sword with his, but he didn't expect my other hand to come up and hit him in the face.
He stumbled back and reached up to feel the blood on his lip. As he looked back at me, I hit him across the face with the flat of my blade, throwing him to the ground. As he tried to stand I elbowed him in the back, causing him to fall to one knee, barely able to keep hold of his blade.
"Impossible! You got lucky this time Warrior!" He shouted in defiance of his defeat.
There was a loud snort from nearby. "Oooooh box!" A sneevil shouted before grabbing the Black Dragon Box and running away with it.
"Luck had nothing to do with it, and the name is Ethran. Remember it!"
"Oh, I will....You can count on that." He said before disappearing in a puff of smoke.
"Lady Celestria, I'm glad that I got to you in time." I said.
"Thank you, I am grateful for the rescue. Alas, the box was taken by a sneevil while you were bust smack-talking." She replied.
"What?! Why didn't you say something?"
"Well, you were really on a roll. I didn't want to interrupt you." She replied.
I just looked at her.
"You must recover the Black Dragon Box before it falls into the wrong hands. Travel to the town of Falconreach and meet with Twilly. He has friends who will be able to help you find that Sneevil."
"Alright, I will travel to Falconreach....but what about you?" I asked.
"Well...if you are going after the box with Twilly, then..." She thought for a moment."....I am going to teleport back home and have some tea. Thank you. Bye!"
She disappeared without a trace.
"What could be so important about that box?" I asked out loud before running back to Oaklore Keep. I approached Captain Rolith.
"Where is Falconreach?" I asked.
"Falconreach is just over the bridge if you follow the path east. Beware of the giant Sea Serpent which has been attacking travelers!" He said with a smile. I thanked him and turned to leave Oaklore Keep and start my journey.

< Message edited by #legend179# -- 6/14/2012 21:59:28 >
DF  Post #: 3
9/24/2011 17:58:30   
#legend179#

Chapter II: The Road to Falconreach
With my sword by my side I started through the woods, passing by a sign labelled "Falconreach" and pointing east. I passed a wooden cart and a pile of cut down trees that blocked the path. I looked around and found a shortcut going through a dark patch of forest.
As I made my way past some brush and found a small clearing in the path, I could hear the branches of some nearby trees moving. Suddenly, three bandits dropped down and surrounded me.
"HA, another victim falls prey to the Darkwolf Renegades. Your gold or your HP...NOW!" One of them shouted.
"Hmm. How about...YOUR gold or YOUR HP. Then I won't have to hurt you guys." I replied coolly.
"Our gold? You've got some nerve, hero. You would make a good Greywolf Renegade. Too bad we have to waste you. GET him!" He shouted. I raised my blade as the three bandits charged.
I jumped up and kicked one behind me square in the chest, throwing him to the ground and launching myself into the one before me. I bent my neck and headbutted him in the stomach, tackling him to the ground. Leaping to my feet, I swung at the only standing bandit left, cutting a gash across his arm as he tried to block. The attack made him drop the mace, and before he could react and ran up and kneed him in the stomach, making him cripple to the ground.
The first bandit I had attacked grabbed me by the shoulder and spun me around, punching me in the mouth. I stumbled back and raised my blade to block the swinging mace that came from the other bandit. While my blade hand was holding back the bandit's mace, the other reached back and grabbed the handle of the fallen bandit's mace. I swung it forward hard, busting the other in the side of the head, causing him to fall to the ground with a loud thud.
I pushed forward with my sword, causing the only remaining bandit to take a step back. Before he could react, I swung the mace again but this time I hit him in the knee. He let out a shout of pain before dropping to the ground and and grabbing his broken leg. I dropped the mace and ran out of the clearing, coming onto the main trail again shortly.
After a few moments of rest, I started again. A few minutes after walking, I was startled by a whisper from nearby. I turned and saw a blue moglin standing on a stump by a large, sleeping bear.
"SHHHHH! Careful hero. You wouldn't want to wake this hungry, giant, sleeping, man-eating bear." He said with a mischievous smile.
"Wow. That was a close call. Thanks!" I said politely as I carefully continuted to walk past.
"HEY BEAR! WAKE UP! LUNCH TIME!" The moglin shouted. "Meh heh heh, this should be fun."
"Why you little blue rat!" I shouted, only alarming the bear even more. "Uh oh..."
I wasn't fast enough to get my blade up before the bear swatted me aside with its massive paw, throwing me to the ground, my blade falling out of my hand. I scrambled back on the ground, crawling away until my back hit a tree and I was stuck. The bear raised its arm and swiped at me again, this time aiming too high and clawing the tree. I used this short time to jump out from under it. I grabbed my blade as I rolled out of the way of another attack, this time cutting a gash on the back of the bear's shoulder after it missed.
It let out a loud roar of defiance and swung at me again; the first paw just missed, but the second left three deep, parallel cuts across my chest. I stumbled back from the hit and swung forward, the blade hitting the bear right above the ear. Had the attack been stronger, the bear would've been killed. But the attack only wounded it, enough to make it run away whimpering. I glared at the little blue moglin.
Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on this one.
The moglin disappeared in a puff of smoke.
I'm really tired of people doing that...
I continued on, hoping the road to Falconreach wouldn't be much longer. Half an hour passed as I walked through the woods before coming to the edge of a cliff where a Pactogonal Knight was standing guard.
"Hail! I am Sir Pent, and I was sent here to guard this bridge! Want to see a Hydra's Lair?" He asked as I passed by.
"No thank you." I replied, continuing across the bridge. I started thinking about the guard's name. "Serpent...Sir Pent....Heh, I get it, very funny...Too bad though....I was hoping for a good boss fight."
The bridge shook violently.
"Woah, what was that?"
Suddenly, a massive hyrda broke through, two smaller heads coming up beside it. I rolled to the side as the larger one shot a blast of water at me, a blast powerful enough to crack the wood on the bridge. I grabbed a piece of rubble and threw it at one of the smaller heads, hitting it right between the eyes and confusing it. In the moment of confusion I charged forward and swung at it's face, cutting it across the eye. With a scream it dropped to the water below.
I turned as the other small head shot a blast of water, this one hitting me in the chest and throwing me back. I managed to roll to my feet before falling over the edge and jumped forward, kicking the smaller head in one eye while cutting the other. I jumped down as it looked up and shot water into the sky before falling to the water.
The large head turned to me with anger in its eyes and practically threw itself at me, slamming itself into the bridge trying to crush me. I jumped out of the way and grabbed one of it's chin whiskers as it raised it's head again. I hung on for deal life as I brought it's head up, shaking back in forth in an effort to get me off.
I held on with one hand while barely managing to leave nicks and cuts on its neck. It slung it's head back hard and launched towards the bridge so fast that I hardly had enough time let go and slide over the edge of the bridge. I found a handhold and stopped just over the edge as it's head hit and was knocked unconscious. I climbed back up and watched as the head start sliding off the bridge but was caught in the hole it had broken. I crossed over the edge and continued along the bridge, coming to a large wall with two guardians posted outside the entrance.
They nodded to me as I passed by. After entering the wall, I passed by two potion shops and came to a friendly looking inn with a young man standing outside the door. He had ruffled brown hair and a friendly smile on his face.
"Welcome to Falconreach, Warrior."
DF  Post #: 4
9/24/2011 19:02:10   
#legend179#

Chapter III: Robina the Hood Part I
Early the next morning, after a peaceful sleep at Serenity's Inn, I left the inn and found Twilly standing outside on a stump.
"Hiyas! You want to look for the Black Dragon Box? You should ask Robinan the Hood, she knows everything about hunting Sneeviles!" He said cheerfully as I approached.
"Where can I find Robina?" I asked.
"Follow the road east out of town and into Surewood Forest!" He replied.
I nodded and left, wanting to find the Box as soon as possible. I passed by a weapon smith, a mysterious door that was not attached to a building, and a pet shop before coming out of Falconreach and into Surewood Forest. I passed by a sign that pointed in one direction and said "Warlic" and pointed in the direction I came from and said "Falconreach."
I went further into the woods before I came upon a waterfall and found a ranger woman sitting on a crate resting. A sneevil ran by, holding the Black Dragon Box, but his foot was caught in a trap and he was pulled off the ground, dropping the box. It landed right beside her.
"This is too easy...."She said coolly.
"My Box! My Box! My Box! Gimme back my box!" The sneevil protested.
"Sorry, these boxes are now rightful property of Robina the Hood and her Band of Merry Women."
"When I get down from here I'll...I'll..." The sneevil said with a snort.
"....bring me some more boxes, right?" She said with a sarcastic tone.
"HEY! ALL of those are my boxes!" He shouted with a loud snort.
I walked over to Robina and she smiled at me as she stood up.
"Robina the Hood at your service. Steal from the rich, give to the....cute little cuddly wuddle forest creatures!" She said.
I looked at her for a moment, not sure if she was being entirely serious.
"That black box is mine."I said calmly, motioning towards it.
"Oh, this black box is yours you say?" She asked.
"NO! My precious...mypreshuuuuuuuus!" The sneevil shouted.
"Sneevils really do like their boxes!" She said.
"Mine! It's mine! I stole it fair and square!"
"I will make you a deal. If you help me with my Quests here in the forest, I will let you have the box...agreed?" She asked.
"Say no! Say no! Say Noooooo!"
"I agree." I said. "So what about these quests?"
"Let's make the forest a better place for everyone! A Golden Oppurtunity!Time to steal from Rich....specifically, Richard the Vile, one of the bandits who just robbed one of King Alteons caravans! A reliable source informed me that the gold was to be a birthday gift for one of the King's three daughters."
"Lets go." I said.
I followed her from the waterfall into the woods, where we came upon a massive tree that had fallen and hollowed out, making a bridge over a huge canyon. Standing outside the bridge was a bandit guarding.
Robina pulled an arrow back on her bow and aimed at the lone bandit. I noticed that there was no head on the arrow, and that the end was just rounded and smooth. She let the arrow fly and it hit the bandit in the forehead, knocking him unconscious.
"Let's go." She said.
I followed her into the bridge, where we found two bandits that were alarmed by the fall of their ally. They looked to us and ran forward, maces ready. I brought my blade up and blocked the attack of the nearest one as Robina knocked another arrow and took aim. I felt the arrow fly by, less than an inch from my head, and hit the bandit in the chest. This arrow had a head and stuck itself in his chest, causing him to fall back as the other came forward. I swung at him but missed as another arrow flew by me, this one another stun arrow. It hit the bandit in the forehead and knocked him unconscious. The bandit with the arrow in his chest ran away before we could fight again.
We walked off the bridge and were stopped by another bandit, but this one had been hiding and waiting for us. He jumped out and hit me in the back with his mace, throwing me to the ground. Robina did not have enough time to draw an arrow before he swung and hit her in the side. She fell to the ground and grabbed her side as he raised the mace to strike. I jumped to my feet and ran forward, slamming my shoulder into his back and picking him up as I ran. I kept running until he slammed into a tree, knocking him unconscious.
I helped her to her feet and we started down the hill, sneaking past two bandits until we rounded a bend on the trail and were met by yet another bandit. We caught him off guard. I used the element of surprise and charged forward, punching him in the mouth and throwing him into a tree, knocking him out.
We went on, seeing the bridge overhead as we approached two bandits who were having a conversation. Robina pulled an arrow back on her bow and I prepared to run. As soon as she let the arrow fly, I barreled forward, tackling one guard to the ground right after the stun arrow knocked the other out. I put my hand over the guard's mouth and nose, cutting off his air. As his eyes closed and he passed out from loss of air, I let go. I turned and nodded to her, then we went under the bridge and came upon three bandits standing around a chest full of gold.
I swung at one of them, knocking the mace from his hand, and punched him in the face. I turned and saw a mace coming down towards me, too fast for me to stop. The bandit was blasted to the side by a stun arrow to the side of the head, knocking him out. The first bandit grabbed his mace and hit my in the side, but my armor protected me from the blow. I elbowed him in the face and twisted around before kicking him in the stomach.
The other bandit hit the side of my leg with his mace, throwing me off my feet and onto the ground. The impact when I hit the ground caused me to let go of my blade, and I was left defenseless as the bandit raised his mace to strike.
"Robina!" I shouted. As if she had been waiting for my call, an arrow flew out and connected with the bandit right between the eyes, throwing him off his feet and at least a foot into the air.
I stood and grabbed my blade as the final bandit tried to get up. I ran up and kicked him in the stomach, causing him to double over in pain before falling on his face.
"Now....let's get this gold!"
DF  Post #: 5
9/24/2011 20:02:22   
#legend179#

Chapter IV: Robina the Hood Part II
We rested later that night at her camp, and were up early the next morning for the next quest.
"Give until it hurts! We did great taking that chest of gold from the bandits! Now we're going to GIVE IT ALL AWAY! Go knock out some random forest creatures and put that gold on them! What, you didn't think I was serious? Where did you think all those monsters got gold from in the first place?"
I shrugged to her and headed off into the forest, coming upon the outside of a cave. I could hear something inside. With my sword ready, I ran inside and found five basilisks waiting inside, calmly climbing on the walls. The first one turned to me and leapt, ready to attack.
I swung and hit it against the head with the flat of my blade, the attack easily knocking it out. I grabbed a handful of gold out of my pack and put it on the monster's body before heading after the others. It didn't take long for me to take down the four others and throw some gold on them. I left the cave and went up the northern path, coming into a grove where four unicougars were resting, and in the very back was a clawkin wanderer eating some nuts. I went by quietly and dropped some gold on the unicougars, trying not to wake them. I came up to the wanderer and knew that I would have to knock it out first.
With one hand I put my arm around it's neck and put it in the sleeper hold, holding it there until it passed out, then through some gold on it and sneaked back out of the grove.
I took the eastern path this time, and found myself on the edge of a cliff where three boveoxen and two clawkin wanderers were sitting around. Immediately one of the boveoxen charged at me, ready to attack. I jumped out of the way at the last second and let them hit each other, confusing themselves. I took the advantage and hit them each with the flat of my blade, knocking them out and throwing some coins on them before the third boveox could charge.
I jumped up as it passed by, dropping onto it's back and riding it until I made it slam into a tree. It had been going so fast and hard that the single hit had knocked it unconscious and snapped the tree in half. I threw a handful of gold on the boveox and turned as the wanderers approached me.
When the first was close enough, I hit it on each side of the face with the flat of my blade before jumping up and kicking it in the face, knocking it out. The final creature ran at me and hit me in the face, causing me to fall to one knee before it started clawing at m face. I grabbed one of it's paws and pushed it to the side before hitting it between the eyes with the flat of my sword. The wanderer only got angry at this and clawing at me more fiercely before I managed to kick it in the stomach and hit it again with the flat of my blade.
The barely awake creature stumbled forward and tried to claw at me again before falling to the ground unconscious. I threw some gold on it's body before going back onto the path and heading back towards Robina.
About an hour later, I came up to her camp and stopped in front of her.
"So, about the box?" I asked her.
"Alright, a deal is a deal!" She stood up and looked at me. "Wow Ethran! You did a great job. You have held up your end of our deal so you may have the box."
"I can have it, just like that?" I asked.
"Yup, just like that. What did you expect?"
"I don't know. For something so valuable, I was expecting a tougher fight. I was expecting a boss to pop up and..."
In a puff of smoke, Drakath appeared behind us.
"NOT SO FAST, PEASANT!" He shouted.
"Ah...that's more like it." I whispered to myself.
"You!" Robina exclaimed.
"Ah Robina, thank you for keeping the Black Dragon Box safe for me. I see you've met my new friend, that's wonderful. NOW I CAN KILL YOU AT THE SAME TIME!"
"Drakath, didn't you learn anything from last time?" I asked sarcastically.
"Yes, I learned that you are a fool for letting me live. This time I'm prepared for you....BOTH of you..." He said menacingly. "Now...I WILL have my BLACK DRAGON BOX!"
A huge, grey and red creature appeared behind him, and I could tell they were ready to fight. I pulled my sword out and Robina knocked an arrow as they came forward.
Drakath attacked hard and fast, not letting me get a single hit in. I managed to block each hit, but I know I'm not nearly fast enough to strike between attacks. As I blocked one hit, I brought my foot up and kicked him in the chest, throwing him back. My blade came down and sliced him, leaving a deep gash. He winced in pain but kept the attacks coming, the wound not slowing him down a bit.
I heard the bowstring thump over and over again and could see arrow after arrow stick into the beast's chest. Another five arrows stuck before it finally fell, leaving her with three arrows left. Drakath's blade slammed against mine again, drawing my attention back to him. I held his blade there for a moment and tried to kick again, but he was too smart and jumped to the side.
Opening himself for another strike. I turn my blade towards him and smacked him with the flat of it and slicing across his bicep. He grunted in defiance before I kicked his leg and made him fall to one knee. I jumped back and looked down at him.
"NO!!!!!! IMPOSSIBLE!" Drakath shouted.
"You say that word a lot." I said with smartly.
"Fine, I'll finish you fools later, but the BOX IS MINE!"
"No! Ethran, you can't let him open the box!" Robina shouted.
Drakath pulled the box open and looked inside.
"EMPTY??! BUT HOW?" He asked out loud.
"YES! EMPTY! Give me back my beautiful box! Already dumped out useless thing in box."
"WHAT?! WHERE DID YOU DUMP IT?" I asked.
"Sneevil Dump Site, of course!."
I imagined a colossal dumpsite with the egg sitting atop a mountain of garbage.
To be continued...
DF  Post #: 6
9/25/2011 3:38:20   
#legend179#

Chapter V: Valencia Surehunter Part I
It was early the next morning after I had left Robina's and slept at the inn again that I asked Twilly what he knew of a Sneevil Dump Site.
"Oh noes, the Black Dragon Box was empty!? Oooh I know! You need to visit the famous Treasure Hunter in the land!" He said after explainging what happened with Robina.
"Treasure hunter?" I asked.
"Go farther east and you will find Valencia Surehunter. She will help you find the egg!" He replied with a cheerful smile.
I nodded to him before heading past the various shops and outside the eastern side of the wall. I followed the trail for a short time before coming upon a giantic golden statue of the man standing outside the unattached door, and standing in front of it was a purple haired lady.
"Why hello there Adventurer! I'm Valencia, world famous rare item hunter! Could I interest you in this rare statue? Only 1 Billion gold!"
"What do you know about a Sneevil Dumpsite?" I asked.
"The sneevil dumped a Dragon Egg out of the Black Dragon Box at the sneevil dump site? I can show you the way there."
"How could I get there?" I asked before she handed me a map with a trail leading deeper into the forest. I nodded thanks to her before heading off into the woods, following the trail on the map. I came upon a small clearing that lead to a path within the mountains of garbage.
Here we go...
I started forward, but shortly after seeing a strange book on the ground, my attention was grabbed by a strange creature. It had two heads but looked like an overgrown plant.
I stepped forward and and sliced at it, cutting one of it's heads clean off. It let out a loud roar and snapped at me, barely missing me. My blade came back around and connected squarely with it's neck, cutting deeply. It shrieked in pain and snapped at me again. This time I cut across the base of it, cutting it off of the ground and killing it instantly.
I continued onward, slicing down another of the green monsters before an even stranger creature appeared. It was metal humanoid being, with thick arms with red and yellow lines for eyes and a large yellow circle on its stomach.
It made a strange, staticy noise when it saw me, and charged. My blade merely bounced off of it's surface with each hit, doing very little, if any, damage. I started walking backwards as it attacked until I tripped over and something and kicked it in the chest, causing it to fall into a bucket of water and sizzle.
I continued into the land of garbage for a few more moments before I was approached by a cloth looking thing. It looked like a burlap bag and had metal at the ends of its arms. There were marks on it where it had obviously been sewn up. When I raised my blade to fight it shot forward and clawed at me, scraping against my chestplate. I slashed at it's chest and the attack cut open the fabric that made up it's body. With a shriek it vanished into thin air.
I shook off the short confrontation as I made my way up the final hill and saw the dragon egg lying on top of a mound of dirt.
"FINALLY! The Dragon Egg is mine! I've gone through a lot for this. Now, all that I have to do is walk five feet ahead and pick it up, and it will be mine." I said out loud, to no one. "....Yup. That's all that I have to do...I just need to each out my hand and take my prize...and I will. I WILL claim my prize, because I have earned it. I will claim it...in just a few seconds...I shold know better than this but I really want to savor that moment of final triumph...After all, this moment only comes around once, and I want to enjoy it...so I'll just stand here for a few seconds and..."
"KREEOW! KREEOW!"
Suddenly, from somewhere in the sky, a huge bird flew down and grabbed the egg in it's talons, soaring away with it. I blinked my eyes to make sure I had seen it right.
....ARE YOU KIDDING ME? DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?!?! GREAT! Drakath, sneevils, now giant birds...WHAT NEXT?HEY BIRD....I BET VALENCIA KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE, and I'm coming for MY DRAGON EGG!"

< Message edited by #legend179# -- 9/25/2011 13:48:05 >
DF  Post #: 7
9/25/2011 14:02:19   
#legend179#

Chapter VI: Valencia Surehunter Part II
Later that day...
"A huge Vultragon stole the egg? I bet it was Ultra-Vultragon! He lives at the top of.....Mt. Moordoor!" Valencia exclaimed as I told her what had happened.
"Moordoor?" I asked, having never heard of it.
"It is a deadly mountain of treasure and bane of door to door salesmen everywhere! A huge Vultragon lives at the top." She replied.
"What are Vultragons?"
"They are wretches scavengers that steal and eat each other's eggs/ Their eggs look very similar to Dragon Eggs."
"Show me to Moordoor!" I exclaimed, ready to get this whole deal over with. She nodded to me and reached into her pack for a moment before pulling out a map. She unfolded it and showed me that Mt. Moordoor was on the other side of the dumpsite. I thanked her and started off, traveling through the now empty garbage site and found the trail.
As I approached, I could see atop a tall mountain of trash was the Vultragon I had seen earlier, and it was guarding a nest full of eggs. Each looked exactly like the Dragon Egg.
This is it. Time to get me that Dragon Egg!
I held my blade high and charged forward, kicking open the pink door that stood out in the open, unattached to anything else. The force of the kick pushed me through the portal and out a blue door on top of a tall dirt mound, level with the hill with the eggs.
But floating directly beside me was a smaller vultragon who furiously started pecking at me, leaving huge dents in my armor. I brought my blade up and managed to catch it between pecks, pushing it back before kicking it in the chest and off the hill.
It took to the skies with a beat of its wings, flying away from me with great speed. I pushed open the next door, a flimsy wooden one with a cresent moon cut into the top, and was transported to an even weaker door. It was just wooden boards hastily nailed together with a doorknob put in place.
I looked around, and there were two doors to choose from. A green one with a glass window to my right, and a pink one similar to the first door to my left.
Which one do I take?
I turned to my left and sneaked carefully past a sleeping vultragon. I eased the green door open and slipped inside, coming out of a blue door with a diamond shaped window. Directly between the other door was a vultragon that, poised and ready to attack.
This time, my blade couldn't come up fast enough, and his beak slammed into my chestplate hard, causing me to stumble backwards and nearly fall over the edge. I brought my blade up and slashed at the creature, ready to fight. It ducked out of the way and flew around me, expecting to hit me from behind.
But I had just been faster, and was able to run through the brown door, slamming it shut. From the other side of the double purple doors that I came out of, I could hear the vultragon slam into the other side. I chuckled a little and turned at the sound of wings beating, my eyes resting upon the huge, Ultra-Vultragon. In a nest behind it were six eggs; five were regular vultragon eggs and one was the Dragon Egg!
"Ah HA! There they are! All....six....of them? Ok, so there are SIX eggs. SO what? I'll take all six and sort them out later."
"KREEOW! KREEOW!"
"I don't want to hear it. You stole MY egg in the first place. The rest of them are probably stolen too. Besides, do you think I'm just going to stand around and talk after that LAST cutscene?" I shouted to the bird. "No way, birdbrain! I'm taking all those eggs and I'm getting out of here as fast as I can.
"KREEOW! KREEOW!"
"I WANT MY EGG!"I screamed before charging head first at the bird, swinging my sword overhead.
The large avian immediately dodged out of the way, flying to the left and pecking at my armor. Each attack left a deep indention in the metal as it relentlessly attacked me. I swung continuously until I finally managed to land a blow, and a good one at that!
My sword connected with the bird on it's right eye, causing it to shriek loudly. My arm came up to defend my face as it pecked at me, aiming for my head. I moved my hand and held up my blade, prepared to defend from the next attack, but the bird wasn't there. I looked around me, wondering where it went, when I felt something tighten around my shoulders, bending the metal, and pull me into the air.
I looked up and saw the Ultra-Vultragon had embedded it's talons in my armor and was soaring into the air, preparing to drop me to my death. Not quite ready to die, I stabbed randomly behind me, missing time after time until I felt it hit. The massive avian screamed in defiance as it's hold loosened slightly, and it flew a little lower. I flipped my blade into the other hand and stabbed behind me again.
I don't know where I hit, but it must have hurt the Ultra-Vultragon pretty bad because it completely released it's grip, letting me fall to the dirt mound beside the eggs. As I stood, I could see the beast fly down and slam into a pile of garbage, flinging trash all around.
"AT LAST! I'm not sure which of them is my egg, but I'm going to find out. Until then I'll have to keep them all safe. All six off..."
Slowly, one of the eggs rolled out of the nest and shattered on the ground.
"Um...all FIVE of the eggs!" I shouted in triumph.
I took the eggs and carefully put them in my pack, preparing for the short trip back to Falconreach.

< Message edited by #legend179# -- 9/27/2011 18:58:00 >
DF  Post #: 8
9/27/2011 19:45:24   
#legend179#

Chapter V: The Five Eggs & The New Armor

"All 5 of these eggs look identical. I am unable to tell them apart. Hmmm, you should take these back to your little red Moglin friend. Good luck!"
I nodded my thanks to her before taking the eggs and heading back into town. I set the eggs down by Twilly and explained to him what had happened.
"5 Eggs? Wowzers! Which one is the real Dragon Egg? I know, use the portal and ask Warlic the mage to help!" He shouted with glee.
"Thank you, friend." I said before heading over to the inn and sitting down by Serenity.
"Say, you look like you could use a new set of armor." A man wearing blacksmith clothing said to me as I sat.
"That I could use." I said with a chuckle.
"I know just where to get some. Here, take this card." He handed me a small card, which I looked over with interest. Yulgar the Great! He can repair and forge any armor or weapon upon request!Just visit him inside Battleon!
I thanked the man and left the inn and asked Serenity how I could reach Battleon.
"Oh! You need to go talk to Lim, the weaponsmith...of science!" She said cheerfully, giggling afterward. I nodded to her and left the building, heading across the street to the forge.
"Good day, Adventurer! As the foremost Weapon Artisan in the land, I can craft you a weapon using the power of science!"
"Hello, and good day to you too!" I said with a smile. "I was told you could show me to Battleon."
A little green orb with a brown beard and mustache glued on shouted at me suddenly.
"Yulgar is in Battleon!" As the words left it's....mouth, I guess, a huge poof of smoke filled the room. When I opened my eyes, I was standing in a real forge where a hearty looking man was standing. He wore the clothes the man from the inn wore, and he had the beard and mustache of the orb.
"Well met Warrior! Feel free to browse the store. I make and sell a wide variety of weapons."
"I was told that you could craft me some new armor." I said, looking at the huge dents in my plating.
"Oh, of course! Here, give me your armor!" He said, stepping forward. I pulled the armor off, leaving me in cloth pants and shirt, and handed it over to him. "Come back later, and it will be ready."
I thanked him and left the building, walking around the small town of Battleon. Other than the inn, there was close to nothing. I could see the foundations for two other building, and the start of a Guardian tower, but that was it. I stayed the night at the inn, and met up with Yulgar in the lobby the next morning.
"Sleep well?" He asked with a loud chuckle. I nodded with a smile. "Your armor is ready."
He turned around and pulled out a set of armor that I would've sworn wasn't mine if he hadn't said so.
The chest piece, which used to be silver and very plain, was now a dark shade of green, like the color of the forest. There was a white trim around it, going from under the chest plate to up to the armpit, then spiralled down the arms. It also goes down the center of the stomach where it circles around like a belt and before going down the sides of the legs and ending at the toes of the boots.
"Are these to your liking?" He asked with a smile.
"Oh yeah!" I said, taking the armor and putting it on, piece by piece. "Thank you!"
"No problem, friend." He said with a smile. "Just think of it as a gift."
I nodded to him and took my leave, taking the gryphon that was outside directly to Warlic's tent. I landed down by a portal that glowed as I came close.
Weird....
I started forward and came upon two red tents set up by each other. Standing outside of the larger one was a mage wearing blue robes, and by the other was a younger girl with wings wearing dark purple. I approached the blue mage.
"Interesting...very interesting. I am Warlic, the blue mage. How can I help you, warrior?" He asked.

< Message edited by #legend179# -- 6/14/2012 22:03:56 >
DF  Post #: 9
9/27/2011 20:18:45   
#legend179#

Chapter VI: Warlic Part I
"I have these five eggs, and one of the them is a Dragon Egg. I need to find out which one it is." I told him.
"A Dragon Egg is not a matter to be taken lightly. Let us be swift with this most interesting quest." He replied. "A Dragon Egg? So you have five eggs and can't tell them apart? Interesting. PLease, step into the tent and tell me more."
I followed him into the tent, where I sat by a table with only one of the eggs resting on it.
"Wow. This is a lot more...roomy...than it looks from the outside. I wouldn't have expected stone walls inside a tent." I said, looking over the large room.
"Oh, we're not in a tent. THat us just the portal that leads here to my Mage Tower. We pay a little more for the extra dimensions, but we thought that it would be worth the rent."
"We?" I asked.
"Yes, me and my roommate, Cysero. He's a decent roommate...mostly because he'e gone most of the time. Anyway, Twilly told me how these eggs came into your possession. You've had quite an adventure so far."
"Yeah. That's one way to put it." I said sarcasticly.
"I have begun doing research on the Black and White Dragon Boxes. The texts are ancient and difficult to translate, but it looks bad. If I'm correct, the texts say that this egg will hatcht the Great Dragon that will destroy all of Lore!"
I gave him a surprised look.
"We may be able to avert this catastophe but first we will need to reveal with egg is the true Dragon Egg. I have a good feeling about this one, but we will need a power spell to dispeel the illusion." He said.
"Illusion? I don't any illusion."
"Of course not, it's an illusion. All dragon eggs have a natural magic illusion around them that helps protect them. I have to find a spell powerful enough to counter the dragon magic on the egg. While I do my research make yourself at home. Feel free to make yourself a snack while you wait. I won't be very long. Watch the egg that will destroy Lore carefully." He said before walking away.
".....Fix myself a snack?..."
Ten minutes later, after I had cracked open the egg and fried it, Warlic came walking back.
"Ethran! I have great news! As it turns out, I believe that YOU have the egg that will hatch the dragon that will SAVE all of Lore from destruc-" He stopped and sniffed the air.
"Don't worry Warlic, I already handled the problem in my own way...and it's DELICOUS! Want some?" I asked him with a smile.
"Uh...No thank you. So you...uh...cooked the egg?"
"Yup."
"You COOKED the dragon egg that would have saved the world."
"....and then I ate part of it! YOU said it was going to DESTROY the world! You said to fix a SNACK!"
"Quickly....did the egg taste like Honey and Mackrel?"
"EW, nasty! No, it tasted like a normal fried egg."
"Ok, then that wasn't the Dragon Egg."
I blew out a sign of relief.
"So did you find a spell that can tell us which is the real egg? WITHOUT tasting it?" I asked him.
"Unfortunately, no. The magic is very strong. We will have to summon a creature that feeds on dragon eggs to dispell the illusion for us. I will need your help, hero. The Ancient Tome of Summoning lies high in my tower, behind a barrier that I cannot pass."
"Oh, some sort of magical force field that you can't penetrate?"
"Not....exactly. The Tome is on Cysero's half of the tower. You see, his insane experiments and dirty laundry were driving me nuts, so we painted a yellow line separating his half from mine."
"....Warlic, that isn't a very mature solution..."
"Think so? Let's see if you feel that way after fighting past his magical accidents and his enchanted filthy laundry."
I laughed and a few moments later, he showed me to the yellow line that marked Cysero's half of the tower.
Here we go...
I start across the line, my attention immediately caught by the sideways window on the wall. From the ceiling a blue monkey with socks over its hand and a bandana over its mouth dropped down and tried to hit me. But I was too fast, and it hit the floor, stunning itself. I hit it over the head with my hand and knocked it out cold.
I continued forward, next stopped by a blue laundry golem that was easily dealt with by a single chop. Then a Bugbear that took a moment, but eventually it went down. I made my way down the hallway and after fighting another laundry golem and sock monkey, I was confronted by another bugbear. This one hadn't seen me coming, and went down with a single blow between the ears.
I continued past the body, where I took down a sock monkey and laundry golem at the same time. I took them down after a while, but sustained a few bruises. I charged at the next creature, a third bugbear, and managed to knock it out with little effort.
It was then that I realized the window wasn't sideways, but I was actually walking up the wall of the tower. Directly ahead of me stood a bugbear, but this one was much larger, and had an angry look in its eyes. On the ground behind it was a huge book with a green C on the cover.
That must be the tome!
I ran at the creature, swinging down low. I hit it's right leg and caused it to go down to one knee. But before it feel it lashed out and clawed my face, leaving a deep gash across my cheek. I grunted the pain away and sliced at it's neck, barely nicking it. The huge beast grabbed my blade between it's teeth and snapped it in half.
Chunks of metal went everywhere. With no weapon, I turned and rolled out of the way as it tried to crush me. It missed, cracking the stone floor. I grabbed a large piece of debris from my blade and leapt on top of the beast, jamming the makeshift dagger into it.
It let out a short roar before falling to the floor. I climbed off the body and grabbed the tome, heading back down to Warlic.
DF  Post #: 10
9/27/2011 20:22:17   
#legend179#

Chapter VII: Warlic Part II
"We must summon an unspeakably powerful creature to determine which egg is the right one. To summon 'IT' I require several reagents! Venture into the Fire Cave, north of here, and see if you can find Bag of Fire Yarn."
I nodded to him, but before I left I asked him something.
"When I was in your tower, a bugbear broke my sword. I was wondering if you had a replacement weapon I could use..."
"Oh, of course!" He said, going into the tent. Two minutes later, he came out holding a new sword. It had a dark grey hilt with a small blue stone in the center of it and at the bottom of the handle. The blade was made of some sort of stone and was a deep indigo shade. "It is called Phreatic."
"Thank you." I said, nodding to him and taking the blade. I turned and began walking up the trail, swinging the sword as I got used to it's weight. It cut easily through the air, and felt perfectly balanced in my hands. I took a right as I approached the base of the mountain and saw a cave entrance a little ways ahead. I held the blade and quietly walked inside.
I passed by a fountain filled with a red liquid. I continued further inside, stepping over cracks filled with lava and jagged rocks scattered around. As I approached a rather large crack, I was stopped by a glob of lava. It drug itself towards me with a pretty great speed, leaping up. I swung and sliced straight through it. The two halves fell to the ground and just flowed like regular lava, void of life.
I continued on and was stopped by a being of pure fire; it was shaped like a person but had a wisp instead of feet, and on its forehead was green oval. It came forward and slamemd its fists down at me, and I was barely able to raise my blade in defense. When its hands hit the blade, there was a loud sizzle, and the creature backed away. Before it had time to react, I jammed my blade through it's chest. With another loud sizzle it disentegrated into thin air.
I ran onward, taking the left trail at a fork in the rode, and completely bypassed two more of the fire elementals. But I couldn't get by the next one. When I charged, it would dodge and duck to the side, avoiding my attacks. During the quarrel it managed to hit my chestplate, leaving a scorch mark. I jumped to the side as it swung again, and this time I managed to hit it just under the arm. There was a crackle as half of its body vaporized into thin air. The creature flew past me, running away.
I chuckled before turning around to see three of the lava globs moving towards me.
The first one launched itself at me, going straight over my head as I leaned low and sliced the second one in half. I heard the first one hit just moments before the third one shot out and burnt my wrist. I grunted and stabbed at it, my blade going completely through it before it turned into lifeless lava and fell to the ground.
I felt something warm on my back and looked over my shoulder to see the lava glob was holding onto my armor. I threw my hands in the air and shouted before falling onto my back, squishing it against the stone. I stood and looked at the splat on the ground, then turned and grabbed the two bags sitting in the back of the tunnel.
I high-tailed it out of there as fast as I could, sprinting past the two fire elementals I had sneaked by and right out the entrance. I lost my footing going down the hill and tripped, rolling the rest of the way. I came to a complete stop right beside Warlic, sitting up and looking at him. I handed the bag that was glowing to him, and he looked inside.
"The creature we are summoning is incredibly dangerous. Let's see, I still require several more reagents." He said, putting the bag away."Go into the Earth Cave to the east. It is a dirty job, but you must defeat a Stone Head boss and take his rubble." I nodded to him and ran to the east along the path before turning north and coming upon a rough rock cave. I pulled my blade up high and charged in.
I had my hands wrapped tight around the handle of my sword as I walked through the narrow tunnels, hearing the sound of stone-on-stone in the distance, knowing that terrible creatures awaited me. My thoughts drifted back to the time before I met the Priestess and the little red moglin....but nothing came to mind. I couldn't remember anything before then....the sudden, violent rumble of the rock threw me out of my thoughts just moments before a massive boulder went whirling past my head. I quickly turned and raised my blade, slicing the next projectile in half. A massive creature made of living rock few towards me, it's very body connected to the earth itself, throwing boulders at me. I barely dodged to the left, then jumped in the air to avoid another, bringing my sword down in the creatures chest. It let out a guttural roar of agony before falling apart, sending millions of pebbles falling across the floor.
I took a deep breath before I heard the sound of something approaching from behind. A huge black beetle leaped at me as I brought my sword up, slicing off half of it's deadly pincers. It squirmed violently in the dirt before turning back and leaping at me again, this time hitting me square in the chest. I stumbled back for a moment before falling and hitting my head on the wall, causing my vision to blur. I shook my head, trying to clear my vision, but it was useless. The beetle shot itself at me again as I tried to stand, and I was just too slow in bringing my sword down, for the beetle had wrapped it's pincers (or what was left of them!) around my leg, sending waves of pain up my body. But it let go as I drove my sword through its head.
Shock went through my leg as I tried to put pressure on it, so I searched my bag and eventually found a health potion.

< Message edited by #legend179# -- 6/15/2012 3:04:18 >
DF  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) The Novelization of DragonFable!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition