Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) Akhria

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Akhria
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/28/2011 17:57:37   
Dragus1432

After the Eclipse, a town known as Eagle's Point was plagued with Darkness. Every Eclipse, undead would rise. These undead were different, as they reformed once they were 'slain'. The DragonLords had to intervene. Since the DragonLords took over as the defense against the undead, all was safe... until now.
EDIT: Here is the discussion/advice thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prologue
It began with a kidnapping. A local gang decided to take Nyra's son, Dhrakar, in hope for a promising negotiation. She begged Kain, a DragonLord, to get him back. Kain searched for the thieves' camp on his dragon, Archius. He then noticed a small, wooden, walled camp nearby a small lake. He gave his dragon a nod, and they slowly and quietly alighted. Then he arrived, wearing a cloak over his armor and face hidden, he walked into the camp grounds. One of the bandits stopped him, saying, "You must be Nyra's husband, here to negotiate terms for your son's life, aren't ya'?" He grinned at the bandit's ignorance. "No, I am not." The bandits began to circle Kain. He was cornered. "Who are you?! Say now, or you die!" the bandit yelled.

Kain removed his cloak, revealing his DragonLord armor. All the bandits readied their bows, terrified. In response, Kain unsheathed his sword. "KILL HIM!" screamed the terrified thief. The next minute was a blur. Arrows went flying, swords were slashing, and bodies fell to the floor. In the end, Kain was still standing. The "welcoming" bandit ran to a nearby tent, and Kain went after him. There he found a child, a boy no older than three, with a knife at his throat. The child began to cry. The bandit laughed, "Now that we understand each other, hand over the pay, and leave peacefully with the child. Sound fair?" Kain looked at the child, then back at the bandit. He reached for his gold, then quickly drew a dagger and slung it at the bandit. The thief paused, looking at his chest with a blade pierced it, then fell to the floor. Bullseye. He picked up the child, noticing no harm was done to him, only a strange mark on his forehead.

"Is the boy alright?" asked Achrius in draconic. "He's fine," Kain replied in the same tongue, "but that mark on his head... what is it?" The dragon looked at it, bewildered by the symbol. "It can't be..." he muttered. Suddenly, smoke lifted from Eagle's Point. "We have to get Dhrakar home," Kain stated, "Now!" They flew swiftly across the skies of Eagle's Point, as if they were the Guardian Angels of the people.

When they arrived at Nyra's home, all was in flames. Kain ran into the burning building, shocked more than ever. There he found Nyra, with a fatal wound to the liver. "Who did this to you?" Kain angrily asked. "It doesn't matter cough, Kain. Is my cough son safe?" she asked in reply. "He's fine, bu-" "Good. cough I want you to train him. cough Make him the greatest DragonLord in the world!" she said. With those words, she died. Kain rushed out before the house could collapse on him. "She's dead," he told Archius. The dragon looked at the child's mark and said, "What did you expect, it is written in the prophecy."

< Message edited by Dragus1432 -- 10/1/2011 14:50:19 >
DF AQW  Post #: 1
9/28/2011 19:34:50   
Dragus1432

Chapter One: Final Wish

"Master, how much longer must I do this?" asked Dhrakar, upside-down. "Until you can beat the golem," replied Kain. "Must I do so like this!" he exclaimed. "Yes," Kain replied calmly. Dhrakar was now thirteen, he has been training ever since he could fit into his armor. So, yes. Six. "Ugh, how can I do that?!" he yelled, "I'm upside-down, the golem shoots flames at me. When will this situation ever happen, anyway!" Kain began to laugh at the thought of this actually happening. Then he said, "It's not the situation, it's the technique that you must learn!" Dhrakar attempted to split the flames and rebound the attack, but failed. Kain frowned, then said, "Go on... take a break." Dhrakar got up, dusted himself off, bowed, then sat down and ate his lunch.

I'm never going to learn that trick. I might as well give up. Thoughts raced his mind, majorly about the prophecy he must fulfill to save the world. He stared at the mirror, looking at the mark that made him chosen. While looking at the mirror he noticed something, something grave. The moon blocked the sun. Suddenly, the sky turned blood red, followed by screams of the townspeople. Archius was then ordered by Kain to hide from something. Kain came into the tent, fear struck into his eyes. "Here, take this," he commanded. It was his Dragon Amulet. "Wait, I'm not do-" Dhrakar started. "Shhhhhh!" he replied, "I know you're not done training, but I can't let him take the amulet!" Dhrakar looked puzzled. "Who?" he bluntly asked. "Akhira." With those words, he got out of the tent.

Dhrakar used a spell he was taught to see what was going on. What he saw and heard, did not ease his curiosity. He saw Master Kain get knocked down by a savage, crimson energy. There stood a man, in a Doomlord's armor, with a helmet more intimidating than his power. "Where is the amulet, Kain? WHERE!" the man known as Akhira bellowed. Kain struggled to get on his feet. He had blood at the corner of his mouth, a burn upon his right arm, and a horrid slash on his left leg. "You'll... never know... where it... is... give up... there is no hope for you..." Kain said. "Hmph... We'll see about that..." Akhira drew a sword, a long, double-edged blade, with a dark crimson hilt and a pitch-black gem in its center. The deadly blade attempted to strike at Kain, but he dodged it just in time. "Putting up a fight, Kain? You should know better than that!" A pulse of energy blasted out of Akhira's palms, annihilating whatever it touched.

"You can't hide forever!" Akhira yelled, "I'll kill everyone here if you don't show yourself!" Kain struck at Akhira's armor, drawing his attention. "There you are..." Their swords clashed, strike after strike the blows never got passed arm's distance. "You can't fight forever, Kain. But I can!" When their blades collided once again, both shattered. Kain wasn't holding up well, he was tired of dodging and blocking move after move. Unfortunately, Akhira was just getting started. "BURN TO DEATH, YOU WORM!" he roared. Beams of energy erupted from Akhira's blade, sending Kain flying through the air. He still managed to stick the landing though. "Try as you may, but you'll never destroy the DragonLord order. Never!" yelled Kain from the other end to the field. Akhira smirked at the comment, as if it were amusing. "Maybe I won't," he said looking at the sky, "but the Eclipse will!" Kain looked over the horizon, seeing undead looming over the landscape. "It can't be!" Kain said as Akhira laughed.

"You thought that I'd do this with no plan?" Akhira proudly asked, "I expected better judgement from my old colleague." Dhrakar continued to watch, prepared to strike at any given moment. He told me to protect the Amulet... but is his life really worth it? "Your choice, Kain. Me or the undead," he said, "Not like you'll live either way anyway." No response. "I'll take it as the 'undead option'," he laughed. Kain used the last of his willpower to get up. He silently charged at Akhira. Big mistake. Akhira unsheathed his blade, then stabbed Dhrakar's Master. The blade went through his body, through his ribs, out his spine. The blade slipped from his torso, then Kain fell. "Hmmm... Let's go." Dhrakar had no idea who he was speaking to, until a hooded figure walked beside him, away from the training grounds. They mysteriously teleported through a spell, one of which Dhrakar hadn't mastered.

"Master!" Dhrakar cried. His master's lifeless body was cold, harsh, and beaten badly. I will get revenge. The local DragonLords held back the lines, but still needed help. He was ready to help. First he read his master's will, how he wanted to rid the land of the Eclipse's curse. All the rage within him, allowed his hands to create a claw of energy. This was his final wish... this is where I start. He rushed to the battlefield, ready to destroy anything in his path.

< Message edited by Dragus1432 -- 10/1/2011 15:01:45 >
DF AQW  Post #: 2
9/29/2011 20:56:37   
Dragus1432

Chapter Two: Reanimation

The Dragonlords couldn't seem to hold off the line much longer. Even with the assistance with their dragons, they still couldn't destroy the undead. "What is happening?" Dhrakar asked. One of the Dragonlords looked at him. "The Eclipse, it causes the undead to rise," she said. "You have trouble holding off simple undead!" Dhrakar bluntly remarked. "They just keep coming back... it's like they're is an army of Necromancers behind all of this!" she exclaimed. "Don't worry, I'm here to help." Dhrakar began to use his energy claw to take the reanimated back to where the came, but every time he took down one, another appeared. "There's too many!" Dhrakar complained. Another dozen of undead came to kill, but fell, and recovered. They cackled as they fell to pieces, only to become whole once again. What is this? They just keep coming back! More and more undead prepared to make the Dragonlords one of their own. The Dragonlords wailed in pain and horror as they slowly were overrun by the reanimated. When Dhrakar thought all was lost, he used to Amulet, along with a summoning spell to gain assisstance from Archius. The dragon appeared in the sky, around the minute Dhrakar summoned him. "The Eclipse is causing them to regenerate!" the dragon yelled in draconic. Dhrakar's Dragon Amulet began to glow bright blue. He understood what Archius said, even though he hadn't mastered his Amulet. "How much longer until the Eclipse ends?" Dhrakar yelled abruptly. As if his impatience controlled the sky, the bone-soldiers dropped dead once the had sun returned. "It's over," one of the fighters said.

When it was all over Dhrakar told everyone about Akhira's battle against Kain, and how their fellow Dragonlord didn't survive. "Impossible!" said the chief Dragonlord, "Akhira could only return once the first Tyrant was freed." Dhrakar looked puzzled, "First Tyrant?" He was given a quizzical look from all the people in the room. "The first Tyrant, Eldergolch Slugwrath, killed King Zoluphus. He began the Slugwrath dynasty, which lasted for centuries," a strange man answered. Everyone looked up at him, trapped in awe of who he was. He wore a blue mage cloak, held a wooden staff with a green diamond at its tip, and carried a transparent orb. "He lived a thousand years ago, how could he be in prison?" Dhrakar asked skeptically, "And who are you?" The man just smiled and said, "Follow me, I'll tell you at the temple." "And where would that be?" Dhrakar asked. "You seem distrustful, I admire that. The temple is up the citadel, its just a ten-mile hike."

It was a long, quiet hike, until Dhrakar decided to break the ice. "Why didn't we just fly up here on Archius?" The man laughed, "You never asked." That second, Dhrakar felt really dumb. "Really!" he started, "I just had to ask to bring my dra- I mean my master's dragon..." The man seemed a little concerned once he slipped that up. "Your master, Kain, wasn't it?" "Yes, and you remind me of him." The man smiled. "Do I really?" Dhrakar's spirits lifted. "Hahaha! Yes, surprisingly." They continued to talk about Dragonlord Kain, how his teaching methods were alike to the mage's riddles and jokes. "We're here," the man said.

The temple was a tall, blue building with a magic-protective shield around it. "Wow..." he said in awe. The mage removed his hood, then said, "My name is Warlic, the Blue Mage." Dhrakar was stunned. He heard stories about the Blue Mage before, but never thought he'd get to meet him in person. "Master Warlic!" he bowed, "Why did you bring me here?" Warlic gestured to allow him inside, "I'll tell you about it inside." Dhrakar entered the room, where he found a vast assortment or potions, books, scrolls, runes, and... a sock? "Is there any real reason that there is a sock here?" Warlic frowned, "My roommate isn't the tidiest... or most sane person I know." Seemed like enough information about his roommate to Dhrakar. They walked across the temple, until they reached a room, sealed with five magical locks. The mage cast a spell, most likely the keys to the locks, and the door opened.

The room wasn't anything like the rest of the temple. It was dark, only lit by blue runes scattered across the walls. Warlic guided me to a certain rune, to Dhrakar's surprise, it was exactly like the one on his forehead. To make matters worse, Warlic muttered the meaning of the symbol. Akhira. The rune flashed with pure energy, which temporarily blinded Dhrakar, and sent him flying across the room. He hit the wall with a thud. Ow. Warlic then began to speak, "The first Tyrant turned himself to pure Darkness, and attempted to harness its power, but failed." Dhrakar got up, dusted himself off, then asked, "Didn't he die of that?" "No," Warlic replied, "the ShadowScythe member took form of a human, and hid from the world in secret. Eldergolch is classified as the first ShadowScythe to ever appear on Lore." Dhrakar knew the next piece of information, " He was known as the Mysterious Stranger. His death plagued all of Eagle's Point with self-reanimating undead." Warlic had a look on his face that proved a part of that statement was incorrect. "He isn't entirely dead," he began, " which is why Akhira is looking for him."

He took a book out of the small library in the hallway. He turned the pages, which were brown and torn from age, and told Dhrakar to read a small segment of the page. It was rumored that the Slugwrath family had been working with the ShadowScythe for a long time. They all believed Eldergolch was one of them. A traitorous librarian of his told the people of a secret library, which held the key of finding the fabled Master. People searched for decades to find it. When the secret library was found during Alteon's rebellion, all books pertaining to the ShadowScythe were gone. "That's what he's after?" he began to ask, "Just the secret of the Master's location?" "Keep reading." The next sentence turned his face pale. One of the books, strangely not pertaining to the ShadowScythe, was called "The Primal Amulets: The Dragon War." "He wants to become the Master," he said. To the world's fear, Warlic nodded.

< Message edited by Dragus1432 -- 10/2/2011 12:36:02 >
DF AQW  Post #: 3
10/4/2011 21:11:52   
Dragus1432

Chapter Three: The Prophecy

"This was planned from the start..." Dhrakar sighed, "Why would the Council leave a Prime Amulet in a land plagued with undead?" Warlic understood his reason of mistrust with the DragonGrasp Council. "I understand your frustration, but don't let it get to you," he replied, "Besides, there is something that you must know before you begin searching for Eldergolch." He tapped the magic rune of Akhira thrice, and muttered, "Annes Rorda, Kerpetuim." The wall revealed a secret compartment, where an ancient scroll was kept. Warlic read, "Anger is his key, Destruction is his weapon, and Vengeance is his motive. The door opens with no hesitation, but slams savagely behind him. His past will be lost, and his future holds his Divine End. A path of darkness and suffering, a claw and a scale. Order and Chaos, at his mercy, his disposal is at none, his trust is in one. Control is his spell, freedom is his spirit. Divine death, Akhira, is his downfall, his rise. His beginning, his end." Dhrakar looked extremely stunned. "That was about me?" he asked. "It was the prophecy that brought fear in every living thing," Warlic sadly said, "It caused the Avatars to create the Element Orbs." "So, yes?" Dhrakar painfully asked. "I fear that this is about you. Your mark is Akhira, the spell that allows the caster to empower, and control Death." "It told me that Akhira will be my end," he began, "Why bother fighting him?" "Prophecies are never straight-forward," the mage replied, "there is always a different meaning."

Dhrakar dropped his head down. Hearing bad news is just as bad as seeing it. "Why did he do this?" asked Dhrakar. "Who?" "Akhira. Why did he become evil?" Warlic told him the full truth. "Akhira was a once a child, who was in a family loyal to Slugwrath. Alteon, the leader of the siege, learned that Akhira's family was the reason of the secret library. Akhira's parents killed themselves, in order to keep the plan secret." Then Dhrakar understood. Eldergolch gave him power to avenge his family. Once the power disappeared, he had to get it himself.
DF AQW  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Akhria
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition