Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) the guardian tale

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) the guardian tale
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/28/2011 22:07:51   
sysdragonfable

My story is basically just the three heroes who save the world from evil, you know the usual :)

< Message edited by sysdragonfable -- 10/1/2011 22:16:38 >

DF  Post #: 1
10/1/2011 10:08:20   
sysdragonfable

====Chapter 1=====

Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Thought Jordon as he sat in the corner as he has been at the Guardian Tower for well over two weeks without any training, classes or hot teachers come by. Reason being is not every new recruit has come yet, and Jordon patience is running short and may go off the wagon and start stealing again at any minute.(He has been eyeing the guard captain's necklace for some time now.) The only thing that Jordon can do to pass the time is either start twirling his daggers, shoot arrows at the birds on the Tower(They're starting to leave unwanted stains.), or talk with passers by who only answear were, "Sorry, busy" or, "Get out of my face recruit!" Just as Jordon was about to go and pickpocket people he noticed a pretty girl with blue eyes and long scarlet hair come in. Now Jordon was thinking of one thing and one thing only. Girls.

Grace, now wondering why she even came, entered the Tower to start her new life. What Grace seen was not what she had expected. Grace was expecting to see groups of Guardians, some talking some sparing, archery training, magic training, hazing the new recruits, and hopefully see a few shirtless cuties. Instead all she seen was a skinny man with messy black hair. Grace then approached the boy and asked him, "Were is everyone?"
He replied, "Sorry sweetheart but it seems were the only ones here." He said with "that" tone.
Grace's temper started to rise as she did not like the term sweetheart and does not like being hit on by strangers.
"Oh but were are my manners. My name is Jordon, and yours miss?" said Jordon with his cocky smile
Grace looked at him blankley and said, "Sorry but i give my name out to those who are worth my time."
Jordon replied, "Oh, the smartmouth just adds to the charm. Oh it appears love at first site is true!"
Grace, thinking to herself "And apperently so does the feeling of vomit", asked, "If you want to make yourself useful tell me were are the others?"
Jordon replied, "Hold on one moment." He turned around and yelled at the tower, "HEY BUCKET HEAD!"
A man with a bucket-shaped helm appeared in the window, "Who's heavenly voice calls out to me?" Grace then thought to herself, "Are all guardians idiots or just these two?"
Jordon yelled, "I need to know when the rest of the recruits are getting here, do you know when?"
"Oh the last recruit is coming shortly. Apperently they needed some transportation as he took out two Guardians before he was drafted." Replied the man.
"Thanks!" yelled Jordon and the man just waved and went back into the tower.
"Took out two Guardians on his own huh?" Thought Grace as a shiver went up her spine.

The ride to the Tower was not what Arthur had expected. First they tied him up, legs and feet, then they waited three days for a carriage as they put it, "Too dangerous to travel on foot." Also the woman dubbed him as, "Precious cargo" as his skills in combat are far to important to go to waste. There were two guardians who sat acrossed from him, one with a sore throat and another with a fractured jaw. Such irony that he be stuck with the two he took down. The days he spent cramped in this small carriage seem to last forever, fortunally Arthur learned that the best quality a man can have is patience and he remained silent. Unlike his fellow companions acrossed from him.
Guardian, "Jeez, how long does it take to get the Tower?"
Guardian, "I know, it feels like an enternity since we left! My butt fell asleep two hours ago!" On and on they complained about the trip and it was starting to test Arthur's patience until he finally said, "Hey," in a soft tone, but enough to startle the two guardians, looking at him with there hands around there swords, "can you please keep it down? I understand it is a long trip but have patience."
The Guardian with the sore throat replied, "Patience? Do you know how long I have been patrolling those woods just because the town reported one unicouger? Six months! Six months!"
Arthur snapped back, his tone slightly risen, "And I have lived in those woods for fourteen years, so I suggest you be quite the rest of the way before I knock you in the throat again, understood?"
The Guardians both mumbled and kept quite the rest of the way. "Peaceful silence" thought Arthur.

About two hours passed until the carriage finally arrived at the Tower, what Arthur saw was something he thought was spectacular. What stood before him was the Guardian tower, high enough to reach the heavens, gray in color with the statue of a great dragon carved on the top of the tower. Unfortunally Arthur could not spend much time to marvel at the tower as his companians grabbed him and dragged him out of the carriage. Just as Arthur hit the ground he got up in an instant and grabbed one of them, only to be stopped by the touch of cold steel at his back.
"Thats a no no Arthur," said the long blonde hair woman who had captured him with her blade at his spine, "now I suggest you back away before I have to wound my catch of the day." Arthur let go of the Guardian, who was left shaking from the expierence, and Arthur went into the tower. What Arthur seen as he went into the Tower was only two people, a skinny man and a young woman.
"Those are our new recruits," the woman said, noticing Arthurs curiosity, "rather your classmates."
Arthur asked, "Is that everyone that was recruited? Seems rather small."
"Unfortunally," replied the woman, "as not many people are willing to risk there lives for humanity."
"Or you can not find enough prisoners." Thought Arthur as he entered the Tower.

"Man! What happened to him? It looked like he never met a barber in his life." Said Jordon as he noticed Arthur's long hair and messy beard and dirt covering his body. This too shocked Grace as she was expecting a man with a wild look in his eye and had the feeling of "I am going to kill you" surrounding him, but rather Grace felt the feeling of despair and helplessness. One would say Grace felt sorry for the man, but she did not approve of his actions of harming two Guardians just for doing there jobs.
Just as Jordon was about to go and take a sneek peek at the criminal through a nearby window, the woman that brought him to the Tower came through the door and said, "Attention recruits!"

Jordon and Grace soluted the woman and the woman said, "I am Captain Lockheart and as you may have noticed the man being taken into the Tower was bound with rope. I am afraid to tell you he is our latest, and last, recruit." The words struck a cord with Grace and Jordon already hearing what he had done, and seeing what he did outside the Tower, gave them the impression he was a madman.

Lockheart continued, "I understand your...hesistance of him joining our ranks, but do not let him frighten you as he mostly keeps to himself and only harms those that cause harm, or get to close, to him." Jordon interrupted, "Sorry sweetheart, but the thought of working with a dangerous madman who is not above attacking guardians just doesnt sound appealing to me." Lockheart rushed towards him with her dagger and put it against his throat and said, "I can be just as frightening as him, and you will address me as Captain Lockheart not sweetheart and if you dare interrupt me again, I will cut off one of your fingers, understood recruit?" Jordon nodded with terror in his eyes.

Grace, now thinking to herself "Someone finally shut him up!", was a bit on edge as well.

Lockheart continued, "Tomarrow will be your physical exams, and yes you will be training with Arthur, the man that came in today. You also will be taking a wellness exam to see if you have any ailments that we need to know about, now recruits, DISMISSED!"

< Message edited by sysdragonfable -- 10/2/2011 21:53:10 >
DF  Post #: 2
10/2/2011 16:30:19   
sysdragonfable

====Chapter 2====

An arm, were is a bloody arm when you need one? Thought the old necromancer in black robes within his chambers. "Legs, shoulders, heads, feet but were are the arms? If I want my creation to be finished I need a long, sturdy, semi-decomposed or less arm! If I do not find it my master will punish me and I do not want to be punished, no not again." Becoming frantic the necromancer scurried from one end of his skeleton filled chamber to the other looking for an arm for his project to please his master, stumbling over skulls and feet looking for his arm.

"Perhaps master will be kind, yes master can be kind as he has in the past. But master can also be cruel too." Fear swelling up inside as scares on his back begin to burn again with haunting memories. "I must find that arm!" Beginning his search again for the arm the necromancer tripped on the teeth of a skull and he fell hard to the ground, and hitting him on the head was the treasure he was looking for.

"The arm! Oh thank the avatars! My master shall be most pleased, most pleased indeed with this arm!" said with excitment and relief in his voice. The necromancer grabbed the arm and scurried over to his creation, cloaked to keep the bugs out(Alot of bugs like feasting on decomposing corpses). Just as he was about to apply the arm to his creation his master came in through the door.

"Master! Oh glorious master, I was about to finish your request and," interrupted by his master, "Silence Darrian, " said with a deep raspy voice, "I am not here for my request. I am here for the "other" matter."

Darrian's eyes began to grow wide, "But master it is not yet ready. I do not believe it can even be done!"

Suddenly firey chains appeared and wrapped themselves around Darrian's body and pinned him to the ground. Darrians screams pierced the night sky with no one near to hear and the smell of burning flesh filled the chamber. The master came closer to Darrian and said, "You will do what I ask or I will not be so merciful. Understand you sniveling worm?" Darrian forced a nod and was released by his masters chains.

"I will do as my master asks, just please do not hurt me again oh gratious master!"

"Do not fail me or you will suffer more pain than anyone else has endured Darrian, I swear it." Said the master as he exited the chambers.

"Oh how am I supposed to do this? Necromancy has only come so far and he expects me to this? He expects to much, to much from me! But if I dissappoint my master again I will be punished more severly than I have before!" Feeling the burning remnants from the chains, "I must finish my masters requests as fast as I can, oh how the master will be pleased oh he will be pleased indeed!" The necromancer began to scurry about his chamber once again to finish his masters wishes.

"Well it seems there is a pretty face behind all that hair after all." said Captain Lockheart seeing Arthur after leaving the barber. The removal of the beard showed a face that showed nothing but a fierce expression, and the hair revealed he had a scare on the top right of his forehead. His skin tone even lightened from the removal of all the dirt on his body.

"I do not care for flattery Lockheart." said Arthur in his usual stern tone.
"Oh who said it was flattery?" said Lockheart, " And besides I made it a rule never to date new recruits or dangerous madmen who attacks one of my men. Although I will admit you would be hard to say no to." in her normal sarcastic tone. "But enough small talk, you had better rest up as you have tests tomorrow with the new recruits."

"Think they will be cautious of my presence?" said Arthur remembering there faces when he entered the Tower.

"Let us hope, recruits are notorious for sneaking out at night before tests for last night of debauchery. But I am sure you thought of that idea, havnt you?" She said with her eyes fixating on him.

"It has crossed my mind more than once, but I am no fool. Trying to run from an army is impossible."

"Well atleast your not as brainless as that bandit Jordon. #scoffs# I still do not know why the Tower even invited him in."

"Who is this Jordon?" Asked Arthur, wondering the same thing.

"Oh he was the boy you seen when you came into the tower earlier today, the young buck made a living by stealing. Usually small things like food and money. The highest thing he stole was a cat he named Cuddles."

"If he has no battle expierence why did you let him join?" asked Arthur

"Well for two reasons, one he is skilled with a bow and daggers. Another is, and this is the headmasters thinking not mine, his skills at lock picking and stealth could come in handy. Me personally I have started locking up everything I own. My sword case has fifteen locks on it." She said with a smile. "But enough, it is time for you to go to bed you have an early morning tomorrow."

Arthur accepted this, but something was bothering him and had to ask, "How did you catch him?"

Captain Lockheart began to smile and said, "Oh you wouldnt believe me even if I told you."

So the two other recruits are criminals. What a shock. Thought Grace after hearing some of Jordon's tales of exploits.

"Oh once I stole food right off a kitchen table with the family in the next room! You should have seen the look on their faces! It was priceless!" On and on he went about his thefts. If someone doesnt shut him up I will!

Just then the door burst open, "Recruits, attention!" said Captain Lockheart. Grace and Jordon got up and stood straight as arrows still recovering from the shock from earlier today.

"Now recruits invite your--" interrupted by Jordon, "Sorry Capt'n Lockheart but who's the man behind you? New recruit?"

Instead of blind rage like before Captain Lockheart just looked at Jordon and smiled, "What? Dont remember the dangerous man from earlier today?" Jordon looked at Arthur in astonishment. "Thats right recruit. Now this is Arthur, do not let his record scare you. He is a nice man when he wants to be. He only threatened the Barber once."

"I did no such thing." Barked Arthur

"Oh you just gotta kill a joke dont ya? At any rate treat Arthur with respect and he will treat you the same. Now try and be mean to him and well, you seen what almost happened outside. Now get some sleep and I will see you all at 0500 hours. Dismissed!"

< Message edited by sysdragonfable -- 10/3/2011 19:30:51 >
DF  Post #: 3
10/3/2011 14:20:47   
EbilCorp

thats a long story.i dont like reading long stories.but oh well.

"This isn't a comedy, this is a horror film. People live, people die, and you better start running!"
Post #: 4
10/4/2011 21:59:38   
sysdragonfable

====Chapter 3====

"Oh Jordon, your such a handsome devil!" Said the beautiful brunette maiden. "And my how strong you are! Arthur would not stand a chance against you!"

Just as Jordon was about to reply the sound of banging metal woke Jordon from his dream of paradise. It was Captain Lock-crazy-but-hot-woman-heart.

"Look alive recruits!" Yelled Lockheart as she began pounding the two metal pans together, the source of the sound, and walking up and down the narrow passage within the chambers, "As today your going to go through the test of nightmares!" Arthur was up within seconds, looking around as if he expected something else. Grace, eyes still closed in somewhat slumber, got up and stood somewhat swaying. Jordon remained in bed, blanket covering only one leg and face buried in his pillow.

"Just five more minutes." said Jordon with a drowsy tone.

Captain Lockheart, starting to get creative, then grabbed the trashcan yanked Jordon by his collar and put his head in the can.

"Five minutes you said right?" She said as she began bashing the trash can with one of the two metal pans she had earlier.

Jordon, screaming at the top of his lungs, yelled, "Alright! Alright! I'm up! Stop you crazy person!"

Captain Lockheart let go of his prisoner, eyes wide open in terror and head still shaking and ears ringing. "What was that for?" asked Jordon in a some what shocked expression.

"Got you out of bed didnt it? Now recruits meet me outside on the field within ten minutes. For each minute you are late will be ten laps around the tower, understood?"

Jordon staggering to his feet, waited till Lockheart left the room to say, "What a psycho! If it wasnt for her being a lady I would have taken her down right there!"

"Yet he says it only when shes not here."

"Shut up Grace..." Snapped Jordon.

_________

I swear they get dumber and dumber every year. Thought Lockheart as she walked through the Tower and finding the entrance to the field.

"Captain Lockheart!" Yelled a voice acrossed the hall. Lockheart spun to see it was Guardian Myra rushing towards her. "Captain Lockheart! We have a problem." Lockheart just sighed as Myra's usual problems involved were out of food for Stewie the Griffon or, and this was her favorite, Are books alphabatized by auther or by letter? Still Lockheart didnt mind helping the poor girl.(She seen herself in Myra when she first started out in the Guardians. Always scared of whether or not she was making the right choice or if she trained hard enough.)

"What is it Myra?"

"Lockheart, the monsters are starting to get loose in the arena! If we dont get them under controll they may damage the tower or they could get loose and attack towns people or, or." Starting to panic, Lockheart grabbed Myra and said, "Calm down, we just have a few monsters on the loose in a tower full of Guardians. Take a deep breath and relax."

Myra, with terror in her eyes, said, "But what if someone gets hurt, or or killed or-"

"Enough!" Yelled Lockheart, enough that it echoed throughout the empty hallway. "I will deal with this matter personally, now Myra please calm down and let me take care of this."

"Oh bless you Lockheart! I mean Captain Lockheart!" Myra gave a salute and ran off.

"Oh," yelled Lockheart remembering the recruits, "Myra! I need you to deliver a message to the new recruits. Tell them to stay on the field till I arrive, understood?"

Myra nodded, gave another salute(enough with the saluting...) and ran off, but in the wrong direction.

"Other way Myra..."

Myra turned around and ran to the recruits.

Well seems like something interesting happened after all. Thought Lockheart as she headed to the arena to deal with the monsters.

________

"Jeez! How do they get these pants on?" Grunted Jordon as he was hopping on one foot trying to fit in his Guardian clothing. Not realizing who they were really meant for.

"Probably because they were made for a lady." Said Grace with a smile while holding Jordon's pants. Jordon lunged towards them, but Grace stepped right out of Jordons reach.

"Give em here!"

"You want them? You gotta work for them!"

Arthur watching the two youngsters fight over petty things brought back pleasent memories of his past. Memories of him and, somewhat cruel, brother.

"Hey! Give that back Nathanial!"

"You want it back? Well come on, there right here!

Just as he was at the middle of his memory, the door opened, revealing a dark skinned woman with long black hair in the doorway.

"I am Guardian Myra, I was--"

"*whistles*," interrupted by Jordon, "Were have you been all my life?"

Grace then stepped on Jordon's foot, which resulted in a expression of pain across Jordons face along with a suppressed scream. "Please, continue."

"Uhh, as I was saying. I am Guardian Myra, I was sent by Captain Lockheart to tell you that she will be late for the training but to remain on the training field until she arrives. Understood?"

Everyone nodded, except for Jordon who was holding his big toe.

"Why is she not going to be present?" Asked Arthur, "Did something come up?"

"Uhh," Suddenly a loud crash came from above them, dirt and pieces of stone came falling from the ceiling. While Arthur was springing to his feet in startlment, Myra replied, "I guess you could say that..."

______

Gorrilliaphants, just had to be Gorrilliaphants. Thought Lockheart as she drew her blade, long and thick steel, with a heavy buckler on her other arm. The loud crash from before was one of the Gorrilliaphants slamming one of there mighty fists onto the ground. One of the big gray haired giants eyed Lockheart, looking at her like a fresh meal. Lockheart was unfazed by the size of the animals themselves, it was there giant tusks that bothered her. One false step and one of the tusks could impale her instantly.

The Gorrilliaphant began to charge towards Lockheart on all fours, with its tusks aimed at her. Lockheart stood her ground, thinking up a strategy. The creature came closer and closer.

Come on, think think!

The Gorrilliaphant now a couple steps away Lockheart did the only thing that came to mind. Play it by the ear.

The Gorrilliaphant lunged towards Lockheart, but Lockheart ducked and rolled beneath it while slicing at the creatures chest and stomach. The Gorrilliaphant gave a loud screech that could be heard at the bottom of the tower (And a smartmouth remark from Jordon...) but the Gorrilliaphant did not die. Instead it turned towards Lockheart, who was still getting to her feet, and lunged once again towards her and fell on top of her with its full weight atop of her.

< Message edited by sysdragonfable -- 10/17/2011 20:14:51 >
DF  Post #: 5
10/17/2011 20:34:34   
sysdragonfable

====Chapter 4====

I hate bleeders. Thought Lockheart as she was wipping some of the blood off her armor. As the Gorrilliaphant landed atop of Lockheart; Lockheart drew her blade and hit its mark on the creatures throat, with the red ooze spraying all over her face and armor.

But as Lockheart was wiping off the blood she remembered something that Myra had said.

monsters

There was only one monster out, why would Myra claim there to be more than one?

Suddenly a dark cloaked head appeard through Lockhearts chest, startling her as the spectre, a ghost wearing a tathered hooded cloak, then began to fly around above her.

"Great, ghosts." Said Lockheart as she drew her blade and grabbed her buckler once more, ready to fight the phantom.

The spectre held out its had and, with darkness appearing to be drawn to it, a cutless blade began to form in the spectres hand. Long pulsating red blade that made a whizzing sound as the sword began to twirl in the creatures hand.

"Nice trick," said Lockheart, "But lets see how well you can use it."

The spectre swooped down, cutless pointed straight ahead, and Lockheart deflected the stab attempt with her buckler. Stumbling a bit from the hit Lockheart regained her footing, but the spectre had already began to slash at Lockheart only to be deflected by her sword. Again and again the spectre slashed at her only to meet her steel blade. The sound of clashing steel filled the arena as these two fought, meeting each blow with only there blades never meeting flesh or cloak. The spectre then flew upward and channeled dark energy once more, and fired a dark skull at Lockheart. Lockheart lifted her shield which deflected the attack, but blew the buckler out of her hands and had her crashing to the ground. The spectre charged once more and fired another skull towards Lockheart. This time Lockheart grabbed her sword with both hands and swung at the skull, sending it flying back towards the spirit and hitting the spectre. The spectre gave an ear piercing scream and seeing darkness leave the cloak the remnants fell to the floor only leaving behind a cloak and dust.

"Now that was exciting!" screamed Lockheart with a scent of victory in her voice.

"No time to sit idle by," said Lockheart, remembering her duties, "have to get to the recruits." Lockheart grabbed her shield. Great! A dent. And began taking the long walk down the tower to the training field to deal with the recruits.

< Message edited by sysdragonfable -- 10/17/2011 20:35:20 >
DF  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) the guardian tale
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition