Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(ED) Venttus

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> EpicDuel >> (ED) Venttus
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/29/2011 18:06:34   
Stabilis

This is my story, and you can sit there and read up.

As a runaway Shock Battalion child and a remorseful boy, I really do not have a place on Delta V. I am searching for and finding meaning to what makes me sad and empty as I hold tight to my aged memories of the great innocence.

When I was a youngster, I lived an interesting life being the only son of Captain Zaraki, Captain of the 99th division of Shock Battalion Beta, and my mother who serves as a stay-at-home mom. On a regular basis I did not see my dad as he is constantly deployed to work on the battle strategies of divisions 75-100. When I do see him at home... we were never close. He thinks so highly of himself and expects so much from me. I dislike his attitude because he views the entirety of the world so cynically. He enjoys the fight and is enveloped by anger.

Me? I am just some casual guy with a soft personality. I prefer to not later become someone who is involved in this modern warfare. Being close to nature and having recreation is my style. Although, a life of this kind is just so hard to achieve; as I can only see myself being pulled into that chaos. I want out... to be exempt from this lifestyle and these people, this is my sad little truth.

Present day, age 17, I grabbed my Shock Battalion uniform and equipment. On March 13, 2:00 AM, I jumped 20 feet out from my window and rolled hard onto the brash and immovable ground. No adrenaline was flowing through my bloodstream as I have been taught that agitated soldiers are worthless. I didn't offer to bring my visor with me as I can see clearly in the dark. I spent a solid thirty minutes leaving the encampment... manoeuvring and breaching the exits. I was out, yet not relinquished from this hell. My plans were to head to the least populated domains of the Delta Preserves where many a resource and vast landscapes with natural scenery were abandoned. I spent weeks travelling by foot through this lovely wilderness known as nature at its finest; half-dead trees and small bushes. I suppose, that this is all I could ask for in a feeble world where justice has been corrupted by our governments... our protectors. Occasionally, I can see rivers and leafy trees appear in the most minimal places of poison. At least I strode on with a goofy smile. I became less captivated by logic, I could only think of a wonderful life being independent as I am.

I arrived at a clearing of a few hundred meters squared. I took off my backpack and set up a tent. I just wanted to relax for good. I needed to think about my next steps. I tripped then fell backwards into the bedding. "Ouch!"... I felt pain score my back. I removed my stun blaster and held it up over my face. Such intricate details, coloured yellow with two power cells; I wondered what guns were good for? Still lying down, I held the gun down to sights and stared ominously into the distance. In the element of surprise, my sights were directed perfectly onto a lone deer which was grazing. I held both my gun and breath firmly and focused on the deer's neck. Logically, I measured myself the distance of ninety meters apart and wind blowing eastward about ten kilometres per hour. Emotionally, I was thinking about the deer and its struggles. Born into grass and cared by the doe for a span of one year. It is then abandoned to be independent... hopeless, only to find a partner with whom would try for a meagre chance of successful reproduction. Would erasing this deer's life do any good for either of us? I dropped the gun and lay back. From the depths of my own human heart I saw the darkness that would engage me in evil. A single tear was sliding down my face but I bothered not to wipe it off and went to sleep.

I awoke with new hopes. I wanted us all to be connected under the name of harmony. I needed to muster more people with the same opinion and then together we could produce a perfect world without sin. There would be smiles aplenty... . No need for war or currency, we will only need each other to thrive... And that, is the truth.

In the future, age 22. I am the only one to arrive at our checkpoint. Baelius sent forces and Shock Battalions are warring overhead and all around me. I can feel something sinister. There has been no contact with Dante or Michelle for hours; they may as well be dead. As I wonder about the others, someone is running on the overhang above and behind me. A man drops down in front of me. Having the Shock Battalion logo on his back I shout at him, "Attention, state your identity!". The man stops and slowly turns to face me. That man is my pitiful father.

"Venttus?", my father asks. I solemnly look toward and answer, "Yes, that's me". Father then asks, "You should come back with my squad and stop causing troubles for me and your mum". I am bitterly, bitterly shocked. He is failing me as family. With little understanding of me, I snap back to him, "Even now, dad, to you living is only causing harm and making yourself proud! You're just a bully with a wrong sense of duty and no person alive today should bow down to you!". My father twitches a little. His hairs start to stand up. He barks to me, "So this is the boy I raised? Rebellious to everything and cowardice to the last! Come on, kiddo. Lets scrap it out right here to prove who's right". This man headstrong on faulty beliefs is the man I know, prepared to explode on any opposition.

I come at him with my sickled blade but tactfully pull out my gun and fire rounds toward his torso. I miss, causing him to back off a little but swings his dragon slaying sword wildly at me. There were probably one hundred clangs of metal as our mighty weapons collided. I was resilient but he was peppy. Just as he left an opening from overexerting a strike, I prepared a stun grenade and stuck it down his shirt in the back. I jumped away and aimed my blaster. In moments there was a bang and a flash in one and he was on his knees. I set my gun to shock mode and aimed my sights toward his spinal column. Within seconds he disappeared from my sights and all I could do was blink before he had reappeared behind me and hit me over the head with his sword hilt. I collapsed into unconsciousness with him standing next to me...

"You get it now, kid...", my father states. He rolls his shoulders, cranks his neck, then continues, "I'm still your dad and I'm number one". He walks away saying, "Don't worry; You'll be up by tomorrow morning". My father is about to teleport away when he stops cold in his tracks.

I can hear a gloomy and disturbing voice in my head.

"You weak boy, Venttus, why can't you do things on your own?... You can't hope to even squash a fly with your abilities, or even think about it... If you want to win, embrace the power of the Void and the Darkness everlasting... and erase all that oppose you!... Just accept the great Emptiness from within! Or are you too shy, greedy, insidious, careless about doing anything about your dad and all sources of chaos!?"

My mind is enflamed with pain, I scream, "NOOOOooooo!"

My dad is staring curiously at my body as what seems to be a type of energy grey and purple in colour explode and swirl around me, enveloping my limp corpse. I open my new eyes, gleaming silver. I get to my feet easily and hold one arm out towards my dad. An omnipotent scythe spawns in my hand with a strange emblem at the head. My father stares deathly at me, almost becoming pale to my presence. I threaten him, "Fall to earth... or fall to my fury". My father swings his weapon in front of him and bellows, "Quit with the jokes, kid!".

My father charges at me, and tries to make a stab. I block the tip and counter his attack. He parries back to evade my horizontal slice and then jumps high into the air above. What looked to be him whirling around... reminded me of one of his professional stunt-like attacks and I responded. He came down and swung his sword at such an incredible speed, I side stepped that movement gracefully and hooked a punch into the side of his jaw. He dropped completely to the ground and rolled away. He got up slowly and swiped the blood off his smile. He was in rage completely, becoming tense and berserk; I felt an immense energy from him and saw his angry face. Now he was being careless, swinging his blade even more recklessly and stronger. Another hundred clangs rang out. I parried and weaved many hits to my benefit. He left himself open after missing me by more than 60 degrees. As I slid aside to an opening, I raised my scythe. I let it fall on his shoulder, goring him down to his ribs. He fell over and did not move but breath heavily. He turned over onto his back and stared up at me.

I was, frightened... nervous... not myself. I went to say something but stuttered and stopped. My father acknowledges me and exclaims, "Well, looks like you beat me fair and square. I guess I underestimated you", coughing and laughing some more. "What's so funny?", I ask him. He replies, "Don't be stupid, you're talented at weaponry and fight pretty decent". I retort, "I hate you, I really hate you, you know", and look away with horrible grieved emotions. My father looks up into the stars and informs me, "I don't blame you. I've always been away from home and I ain't much of a family guy. I always thought you would like me for my status... Influencing you with the Shock Battalion... that I thought you'd contribute pretty well to. I now see all I've done is bore you and annoy you with that stuff. I've been wrong". I look at him, "Dad... its OK". "Sorry Venttus... I don't get another chance... look, you make a great fighter and you'll probably do good with your life. I just want you to know this before I can't tell you later, you're my favourite son and my only child... and, I love you."

I felt relieved, cheerful, and partially ashamed. I ask, "What's going to happen to you?". He touches his wound and breaths deeply, "Well, by seeing how deep it is, my subclavian is draining out. This looks like its my time to go". "NO!", I shout, "Don't give up!". He grins a bit and assures me, "Its not about giving up but accepting fate when it happens". He looks back up into the stars and stops talking. I tell him, "Dad, don't fret, I've always loved you too!", I say this as he closes his eyes and blacks out. I am on my knees, head bowed in solemness, begging for forgiveness. I am sick to the stomach, yet I somehow manage to pay my respects.

I stand up and acknowledge life for its gifts. Then that putrid voice comes back to me-

"WELL DONE Venttus, you conquered him with great success! The Void appreciates you now."

"What are you implying?! Who are you?!"

"Oh you can't tell? I'm invading your mind from the Minetower!!"

"CADEEEeeeeeen"

I then black out, fall surely onto my face with a thump.

Its been a year since my battle with my Father, and I've matured exponentially. I just want, justice. I just want, to see my friends again... To reclaim my family!

I travelled to Delta V's Central Station, where I met up with Oz. We left for the Old Fortune City where I would become one of the most revered, most powerful, weapon masters among all Exile leaders. Its only time before my team is sent out to assassinate Caden. Then... for the best vengeance of all... taking out BAELIUS.

< Message edited by greenrain13 -- 10/18/2011 23:43:51 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> EpicDuel >> (ED) Venttus
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition