Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.
Page 1 of 812345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/1/2011 19:50:11   
PivotalDisorder

we are still in Delta phase but eventually the game will be "finished" and I think the leader boards should be reset.
a lot of those wins were earned under unfair conditions. abuse builds like Heal loop, merc strength, bh strength, merc support builds etc.
and now tactical mercs in general. if this is just a testing phase then the leader boards are representative of that, and not of a finished game.

so do you support the reset or not ?

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/1/2011 19:51:00 >

Post #: 1
10/1/2011 19:51:55   
AQWPlayer

NOT supported. I like seeing Fay up there because she has worked hard for it and most importantly, because she's nice to people :)
Edit: Also, fay doesn't abuse the OP classes.

< Message edited by AQWPlayer -- 10/1/2011 19:52:22 >
AQW  Post #: 2
10/1/2011 20:22:40   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

To be honest, I do think the game should be reset before it goes live, to give new players a chance to get on any leaderboard. The leaderboard before the reset should be remembered and perhaps a special section could be for "Game Testing Leaderboards" which would essentially be a screenshot of the leaderboards at the last day, but in-game as a permanent memory. Why I'm saying this is because another game, Glitch, reset the entire game before the launch to give new players a chance to compete. Alpha/Beta players were given a week before the game went live for everyone though, to let them level up a bit. In my opinion, EpicDuel should do the same, for the same reasons.

If EpicDuel was reset, this is what should and shouldn't be reset:

Should:
- Leaderboards and Win Records
- Level
- Credits
- Achievements (excluding: Alpha/Beta/Gamma Tester, Delta Knight, Founder, Elite, EpicDuel Defender, Epic Artist, Lore Master, Battle Tested, Daily Solo/Team Champion, Juggernaut, World Domination, Flag Captured, Epic Threads, One in a Million, Rising Star, Year of the Dragon, Superbowl XLV/XLIV)
- Fame
- Faction Stats

Shouldn't:
- Item(s)
- Varium
- House(s) and House Item(s)
- Class
- Saved Names from Name Changes

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 10/1/2011 21:04:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/1/2011 20:34:30   
One Winged Angel1357

Once we are all said and done testing that would be fine by me as long as we can keep our stuff the numbers just reset like we dont lose our factions they just go back to ground zero and and the leaderboards all just to 0
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/1/2011 20:49:49   
PivotalDisorder

Yeah this was just about leaderboards and our win/loss ratio [ofc]

Its just sad to know no-one else will ever make the leaderboard because so many played the OP builds every day for years.
presuming that their is a semblance of balance when the game is finally fully released, then they really should reset them.

@AQWPlayer: Fay Beeee wasn't a support merc for months and also a strength bounty hunter ?
Post #: 5
10/1/2011 20:58:39   
One Winged Angel1357

Im pretty sure Fay has always been a hunter of sorts(not sure if she is currently or if she has tired CH)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
10/1/2011 21:48:32   
drinde

Maybe there could be a Legend Board for top 3 in the Test Stages, and reset the All-Times.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 7
10/1/2011 21:57:07   
The Death Trap

Not supported i think that theres should be serperate sections of each Phase.
But i do like how your thinking :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
10/1/2011 22:13:11   
aqwshadowking14

Yea, mind as well delete everyone's accounts. :)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
10/1/2011 22:21:34   
Wraith

psiberus: Fay was (i think) always a hunter.

SO if I start out merc, I go STR merc, I take advantage of OP class? wow.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
10/1/2011 22:44:16   
PivotalDisorder

@Lord Sinastr: the game is in a testing phase, why should records made on a test server have any relevance ? I appreciate that the game has been in testing phases for years
[before I even found the game] but those records are ridiculous. comicalbiker has over 160,000 wins and anyone who does 1v1 regularly has fought him and knows what builds
he uses. also support mercs completely dominated 2v2 for how long ? no other class could get a look in, which is why at the time 13 of the top 15 on the 2v2 list were mercs.

I like the idea of a permanent record being kept of the leaderboards, all you would need is screenshots. then those who earned their wins can go down in the history books
while the rest of the community has a chance to actually EARN a place on the leaderboards.
Post #: 11
10/1/2011 22:59:13   
ngshuyi94

I dont support this reset. Its all an excuse for some people to get onto the all- time board. U do realise that even if they reset and new people get on it doesnt mean that those people are not using OPed build etc. So no to reset, people playing atm will be wasting their varium and time?
Epic  Post #: 12
10/2/2011 0:14:30   
goldslayer1

quote:

and now tactical mercs in general.

dude -.-
tactical mercs atm is like heal loop, when people saw it everyone used it it back then to win. now people use tac merc to win.
eventually something else will come out thats stronger.
and i dont agree with the reset
its like saying the NBA is resetting their all time history scores because some rules changed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
10/2/2011 0:25:22   
Stabilis

THIS IS ACCEPTABLE. You can simply record all of the leaderboards into a hall of fame or diary.
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
10/2/2011 0:28:50   
drinde

Maybe a Hall of Fame built in Old Fortune City, since, well, legends are supposed to be old. Maybe statues of the 3 Leaders in their Equipment on last day of Testing?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 15
10/2/2011 0:29:45   
PivotalDisorder

@Goldslayer1: like saying amateur basketball records should be mixed in with actual NBA records? cause right now the game is still in testing phase.

and I do not agree their will always be an OP build. I think that gap has got smaller and with a nerf to support and tac mercs, even closer still.

@Ngshuy: so no-one else deserves the right to earn their way onto the leaderboards because some other players were able to grind out wins every
day for over 2 years ? using only broken classes and/or builds which were released during a testing phase ?

can you imagine if you won the qualifying race in formula 1 and then decided, hey, I won qualifying so I won the race too, give me my trophy.
you would be laughed off as a total idiot. only difference here is ED/Artix are milking the customer during their testing phase.
Post #: 16
10/2/2011 1:31:47   
ngshuyi94

@ above

U do realise that i will love being on the board .

But u do c that the point is, u wanna reset the leaderboard what? once every 2 years? Coz 2 years later people will whine and complain about the same thing that they cant get onto the all-time board.

And ur indirectly calling me a total idiot? WOW. =O

< Message edited by ngshuyi94 -- 10/2/2011 1:33:50 >
Epic  Post #: 17
10/2/2011 1:39:36   
Stabilis

@psibertus, @ngshuyi94,

We'll make a hall of fame for the leaderboard as humans do to preserve history. Problem solved.
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
10/2/2011 1:48:46   
ngshuyi94

Fine with me, we need more opinions of the others, especially those currently on the all time board.
Epic  Post #: 19
10/2/2011 2:03:53   
Algorithm

Yep.
Post #: 20
10/2/2011 2:06:38   
drinde

Algorithm, how is posting [Awaiting Approval] in random threads helpful?

quote:

But u do c that the point is, u wanna reset the leaderboard what? once every 2 years?

I think he means the Testing Stage Leaders get in a hall of Fame, and there won't be a reset cuz this is because of being a leader in the TESTING STAGE.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 21
10/2/2011 2:22:29   
T.600

@above: I think he's glitching the forums or something, because if you look above his name, you can't see the time and date of the post like you usually would.

Anyway, I'm against this idea. The people who are on the leaderboards now have worked hard to maintain their spot on the leaderboards and if they were removed from the leaderboards, I don't think that they would be very happy about that. I doubt that the game will be fully balanced by the time the testing phase is over, and you can't kick all these players off the leaderboards just because you assume that they've used "OP" builds. It's the devs' faults for making the OP builds possible, not the players' fault.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
10/2/2011 2:53:07   
Shadow Jester

I don't think He is really posting it. It might be bugged because on his profile it says he hasn't posted on this thread yet.

If this happened I would be number 10 :3
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
10/2/2011 3:46:16   
My Name is Jake
Banned

Resetting the leaderboards is a bad idea IMO so I'm against doing it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
10/2/2011 5:02:22   
Algorithm

Yes their the wanna be D team rofl nice try, but Epic Fail :O.
Hall of fame is cool.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.
Page 1 of 812345>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition