Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/2/2011 5:19:59   
I am Primal

NO WAY how could u even think of that i played this game for ages achieved my all time 2 vs 2 and now your saying delete it i havn;t abused op class and i have 3rd highest win% almost 2nd highest.
Post #: 26
10/2/2011 5:28:26   
.Nikzat.

I do NOT support this becuase all of those people who is on the leaderboard did a really hard work to get on it on beta times especially Fay Beee and Comicalbiker and all who is on the leaderboards.

-Nikzat
Epic  Post #: 27
10/2/2011 6:58:24   
MirageD

i don't support....and btw, i made it to the top 3 in 2v2 as a BH, then tried mage (never heal looped, i used casting skills), then tried merc (+4 focus build with gamma bot) and am now a tlm with a balance between high defense and support...i don't think it is fair to assume that all ppl on the all times took advantage of the game .....it's a game
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
10/2/2011 7:02:57   
J3an Boy

I don't like this!
Epic  Post #: 29
10/2/2011 9:09:47   
One Winged Angel1357

Fay I personally dont have anything against you MirageD or anyone else on the leader board but to catch you a new player would have to pull an all yearer like some people pull all nighters to win a daily award. There is no doubt in my mind that if they reset the board you would quickly regain your place at the top of the leader board. This isn't Beta where we joined and saw Gamal with 30K wins then Sparticus take the board followed by Angels Holocaust then you and finally Comical at this point you and Comical are untouchable in wins to any newbie and some of us older players who quit and then came back
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
10/2/2011 9:13:58   
Fay Beeee

deleted by me

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 10/3/2011 7:30:19 >
Epic  Post #: 31
10/2/2011 9:23:52   
skeletondude

Yah i totally don't support this

ppl work hard to get on those All-times,restarting it would create a lot of chaos and it's going to get ugly

I would really think twice before doing anything stupid
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
10/2/2011 9:27:57   
I am Primal

hey wait a minute when i started ed the person 15th in all time 2 vs 2 had 8k 2 vs 2 wins and i had 0 i got to 11th at one point in all time 2 vs 2 anyone can catch up
Post #: 33
10/2/2011 9:34:11   
Stabilis

Says the magic words: Hall of Fame.

For the all time leaderboards of course.
AQ Epic  Post #: 34
10/2/2011 9:36:12   
skeletondude

yup it's actually not so hard to reach the all time i did as non var on jugger,all you had to do was to put a little back bone into it
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
10/2/2011 9:45:41   
TurkishIncubus

I dont support , this is one of absolutely NO

Epic  Post #: 36
10/2/2011 9:57:46   
One Winged Angel1357

Fay i would actully want you to stay but here is some math to prove my point

For the sake of easy math you have 141K wins

Now lets say some perfect player starts right now and gets 1 win every minute and 30 seconds

to play nonstop he would have to spend 211,500 minutes playing that breaks down to 21 weeks of non stop playing

now lets say you average 150 wins a day by the time he gets to 141K wins you would be at 163K wins so he would have to spend another 3 weeks to catch that

In that 3 weeks you are now up to 166K wins so to catch that he plays another week

So to catch you now it would take 25 weeks of non stop play. What person has the commitment to play for that long without hating this game
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
10/2/2011 10:24:31   
Fay Beeee

deleted by me

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 10/3/2011 7:30:46 >
Epic  Post #: 38
10/2/2011 10:33:45   
One Winged Angel1357

Your goal would be to show those newbies who's boss by retaking what is yours while giving them a fighting chance

Also if we save the boards and the top nine players(top three in 1v1 2v2 and Jugg) and top six factions(top 1v1 and 2v2) can be immortilized in some hall of fame area like someone suggested earlier

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 10/2/2011 10:35:32 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
10/2/2011 11:22:20   
PivotalDisorder

so you are all saying that you take pride in a completely misrepresented leaderboard ?

2v2: the other 4 classes have to play catchup because support mercs dominated 2v2 for how long ? 1 year? 2 years?
1v1: how can anyone catch comicalbiker when he abused a strength build for how long? 1 year? 2 years?

and all that was during a testing phase.

if they save the leaderboards before they reset, no-one loses anything, but the majority of the community actually benefits.

@Fay Beeee: if your goal ingame is getting more wins, then just add together your previous total and new total. takes about 4 seconds of math.

if you don't support, thats cool. but at least give an actual reason beyond your vanity [not you fay beee]

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/2/2011 11:28:50 >
Post #: 40
10/2/2011 11:44:34   
helloguy

You just want more of the people up on those all time to leave huh and it isn't impossible to get up there I could get there if really wanted too but can't for real world reasons. You will just piss off a lot of people if this where to happen
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
10/2/2011 11:45:55   
Dendavex

If that happened I dont know if this game would be worth it
Epic  Post #: 42
10/2/2011 12:05:02   
PivotalDisorder

can someone explain why people would leave ?

the leaderboards would be saved, anyone in the top 15 would of made history. job done. then you could try and make history again, a whole new goal.
you don't lose anything, but other 20,000+ players who aren't on the leaderboard due to overwhelming odds caused by the imbalance during test phase actually gain something

how is 15 people [per leaderboard] more important than the entire community, when its likely that only 3 of those players truely earned their place and the rest abused situations.
juggernaut was ridiculously easy when it launched, and it allowed players with OP builds like support mercs, to clean up with 99% win rates for over a week. then they increased
difficulty slightly and the run continued, then finally they made it difficult, but by then certain players had thousands of wins headstart. that doesn't make them the best juggernaut,
just makes them the best abuser of the current situation. you want acclaim for that ? you want to compete against that?

I understand it would be a bit of a downer for those few who earned their spot, but like I said, you will go down is history, is that so bad? I would have no problem with their being
an extra mini achievement for those on the leaderboards at the end of the testing phases. surely a cheevo [ugh, makes me wanna puke even saying it] might change your mind?

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/2/2011 12:11:26 >
Post #: 43
10/2/2011 12:11:05   
goldslayer1

i disagree with this.
if u want to get on the leader board, play 200-300 wins a day for 365 days a year
and it should be 73,000-109,500 wins at the end of that year.
theres no reason for restarting the boards.
if u want to get on the all time then just simply play regularly
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
10/2/2011 12:12:27   
PivotalDisorder

quote:

i disagree with this.
you always do ^^ reasoning ?
Post #: 45
10/2/2011 12:15:43   
goldslayer1

@psbertius
i just told u the reason
u cant just ask for an all time reset just because u want other people to get a chance at it.
those all time players worked hard to get their and are working harder to maintain their spots.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/2/2011 12:16:34 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
10/2/2011 12:20:39   
Stabilis

The new leaderboard would be called the "new age" leaderboard and not as important as the recording from the very start of ED.
AQ Epic  Post #: 47
10/2/2011 12:22:13   
Fay Beeee

deleted by me

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 10/3/2011 16:31:00 >
Epic  Post #: 48
10/2/2011 12:28:24   
goldslayer1

u know i really dont get these type of threads.
u want something like this to change but u give piss poor excuses for why.
u give them good reasons as to why not. and give them ways for them to do such thing.
then u get labelled as a flamer/troller for destroying them in a debate over it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
10/2/2011 12:32:46   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

Ok, think of it this way. If the leaderboards aren't reset, new players will have no chance to even get near the leaderboards. Using 1vs1 as an example, assuming they get 500 wins a day, every day, it'll take them 332 days to catch up to comical. That's assuming he doesn't get any wins in those 332 days. Let's look at reality here, without a reset, new players won't have a chance to get near the leaderboards. The Hall of Fame idea would be great, to remember the leaders of EpicDuel's testing phases.

quote:

i disagree with this.
if u want to get on the leader board, play 200-300 wins a day for 365 days a year
and it should be 73,000-109,500 wins at the end of that year.
theres no reason for restarting the boards.
if u want to get on the all time then just simply play regularly

Sure, that's if you're in a perfect world with no one on the leaderboard playing for a year, and the player has nothing else to do than play EpicDuel.
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition