Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.
Page 3 of 8«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/2/2011 12:35:21   
Emptiness

Maybe instead of resetting the leader boards you make a new leader board for each phase. For example for delta there would be a delta all time leader board for 1vs1 and 2vs2 and end when delta finishes but still stay in the game just to show what people accomplished, of course the all time 1vs1 and 2vs2 leader board would stay just that there would be 2 extra leader boards for each phase. Thoughts on this idea?
Post #: 51
10/2/2011 12:40:57   
One Winged Angel1357

@gold yes some of us give horrible reasoning or a simple support or not support

but others like White tiger have pointed out the flaws in keeping the boards as they are and the biggest flaw is that it is nigh impossible to take a leaderboard now. This isnt Beta guys where Gamal had 30K wins in first place that is childs play now for anyone using varium with a little longevity toward this game
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 52
10/2/2011 12:42:03   
skeletondude

@emptiness:
ur idea sounds good but it won't cause large amounts of LAG!?!?!?!?!

< Message edited by skeletondude -- 10/2/2011 12:43:14 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 53
10/2/2011 12:43:16   
goldslayer1

quote:

Ok, think of it this way. If the leaderboards aren't reset, new players will have no chance to even get near the leaderboards. Using 1vs1 as an example, assuming they get 500 wins a day, every day, it'll take them 332 days to catch up to comical. That's assuming he doesn't get any wins in those 332 days. Let's look at reality here, without a reset, new players won't have a chance to get near the leaderboards. The Hall of Fame idea would be great, to remember the leaders of EpicDuel's testing phases.

the thing is epicduel has been progressing 500 wins back in beta was a HUGE thing.
now it something that can be done daily.
the average active pro player would usualy get around 100 in early beta now an active pro player gets around 300. and im talking about leaderboard types.

if that player wants to catch up he will have to work hard. but then again this is leaderboard, not first place -.-
i like how u compare it to comical tho since he averages 250-400 wins a day and has over 160k+ wins
of course its gonna be hard, its not suppose to be easy, if it were easy then others would be around that ammount of wins.
but hey if comical can do it, then other can too. no excuses to it.

@emptiness
we already have too many boards as it is. and i think its what causing most of the lagg on ED.
let take a look at just how much making all time boards update once a day changed the lagg on ED for the better.
before when it was laggy my fastest average for 15 NPCs was around 22 minutes
now its around 12 minutes when they change the leaderboards.
now take out useless leaderboards like fame, warkills, dailies and all time.
and i would add juggernaut to that and my reasoning would be that juggernaut wins do not affect ur faction.
it will say u got wins in ur faction but theres no counter for jugger wins in there and theres no daily medals for faction on juggernaut wins.

quote:

@gold yes some of us give horrible reasoning or a simple support or not support

but others like White tiger have pointed out the flaws in keeping the boards as they are and the biggest flaw is that it is nigh impossible to take a leaderboard now. This isnt Beta guys where Gamal had 30K wins in first place that is childs play now for anyone using varium with a little longevity toward this game

ok those are flaws, but comical for example had 0 wins when he started he obviously started working his way up to 162k+ wins
so just because that new delta player or gamma player wants to get on an all time all the hard work of those who got their and stayed there should be gone?

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/2/2011 12:45:36 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
10/2/2011 12:44:40   
Dendavex

@Fay certainly doesn't suit me
Epic  Post #: 55
10/2/2011 12:45:43   
nico0las

quote:

a lot of those wins were earned under unfair conditions. abuse builds like Heal loop, merc strength, bh strength, merc support builds etc.
and now tactical mercs in general. if this is just a testing phase then the leader boards are representative of that, and not of a finished game

Winning is winning, no matter how you put it. If other players want to change to a good class to take the advantage, well that's their call.
"unfair" is criticizing them on the forums because they want to be leaders. You forget that many of them were/are bounty hunters or tech mages. Just because SOME can't come up with a good build and copy others to take the advantage, doesn't mean it's unfair. It's like varium. You use it to have an advantage. It isn't unfair.

Note: I don't hate all tactical mercenaries. Some are very good players with very impressive builds. Many of them are not, though. Again, I don't hate them. I don't find tactical that overpowered anyways.

If you can't beat them, join them. If you can't join them, deal with it.

Edit: I can guarantee any of the leaders could bash your skull in with any class (excluding cyber hunter, that takes skill to use). They all got there by dedicating themselves to winning.
And notice how Str or support builds are simply was to make FAST WINS. The leaderboards (excluding the top 8 or so) don't use fast wins, but have been around for AGES. The majority of them (excluding I think shundraa) are all founders.
The 2v2 leaders are no different. I remember back in beta, for instance, Morrigan was a bounty hunter (among others). They switched because the class is superior (at times).

Think before you go and rage on the forums. Just because they have an abused stat or heal more than once does NOT make it unfair.

< Message edited by nico0las -- 10/2/2011 12:52:13 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
10/2/2011 12:48:43   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

quote:

the thing is epicduel has been progressing 500 wins back in beta was a HUGE thing.
now it something that can be done daily.
the average active pro player would usualy get around 100 in early beta now an active pro player gets around 300. and im talking about leaderboard types.

if that player wants to catch up he will have to work hard. but then again this is leaderboard, not first place -.-
i like how u compare it to comical tho since he averages 250-400 wins a day and has over 160k+ wins
of course its gonna be hard, its not suppose to be easy, if it were easy then others would be around that ammount of wins.
but hey if comical can do it, then other can too. no excuses to it.

Ok, you're still not getting my point. If I were to start getting 200-400 wins a day, and comical did the same, I would never be able to catch up to him because we're doing the same amount of wins a day. Unless the current players on the leaderboards stops getting wins for a year, new players will never catch up to them.

@Below Same theory, just a smaller amount of wins/days.

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 10/2/2011 12:57:12 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 57
10/2/2011 12:50:55   
helloguy

who is to say that that you have to aim for the number one spot all you need to be up there is around 60 thousand or so wins
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
10/2/2011 12:51:08   
PivotalDisorder

@Fay Beeeee: lol oversensitive? I would never be on any leaderboard. I don't play much, and also spread myself thin across 9 characters.
so yes this isn't about me, while clearly your argument is all about you.

quote:

u know i really dont get these type of threads.
u want something like this to change but u give piss poor excuses for why.
u give them good reasons as to why not. and give them ways for them to do such thing.
then u get labelled as a flamer/troller for destroying them in a debate over it.
@Goldslayer: is this post below the one that destroyed my argument ?

quote:

i disagree with this.
if u want to get on the leader board, play 200-300 wins a day for 365 days a year
and it should be 73,000-109,500 wins at the end of that year.
theres no reason for restarting the boards.
if u want to get on the all time then just simply play regularly
which part of this exactly ?

if comicalbiker is getting 300-450 wins a day, he will still end up no1 on the leaderboard. except its legitimacy wouldn't be completely questionable.
so I am still waiting for this argument destroying post.

@Nicolas: this is a testing phase, therefore nothing is set in stone. why should the leaderboards be the exception ?
oh and you cannot guarantee anything. talk about elitist egotism

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/2/2011 12:55:01 >
Post #: 59
10/2/2011 12:57:40   
One Winged Angel1357

Gold teh difference between when Comical started in Beta and if he started now and Fay Bee was the top

Back in Beta Gamal and Sparticus got like 400 a week now Comical gets like 400 a day see the massive difference in the ability to catch up
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 60
10/2/2011 13:14:44   
goldslayer1

quote:

Ok, you're still not getting my point. If I were to start getting 200-400 wins a day, and comical did the same, I would never be able to catch up to him because we're doing the same amount of wins a day. Unless the current players on the leaderboards stops getting wins for a year, new players will never catch up to them.

thats his fault for not playing earlier.
if there is one thing i learned is that the ones who are usually first on the all times are usually those that been here sincre day 1
its always been like that, and i dont see why it should change. no matter what.

quote:

which part of this exactly ?

if comicalbiker is getting 300-450 wins a day, he will still end up no1 on the leaderboard. except its legitimacy wouldn't be completely questionable.
so I am still waiting for this argument destroying post.

fact is only people who dont have the will to get up there are the ones suggesting these crazy things.

quote:

Gold teh difference between when Comical started in Beta and if he started now and Fay Bee was the top

Back in Beta Gamal and Sparticus got like 400 a week now Comical gets like 400 a day see the massive difference in the ability to catch up

thats because epicduel changed, fights go by faster now. its not like before when fights would last about 10 rounds on average and usualy around 20 rounds for heal loopers., its a no breainer as to why fights happen faster these days.

IF the boards did reset. what happens to those players that are already on it?
what recognition do they get?

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/2/2011 13:15:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
10/2/2011 13:15:32   
Fay Beeee

deleted by me

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 10/3/2011 7:31:09 >
Epic  Post #: 62
10/2/2011 13:23:20   
PivotalDisorder

quote:

IF the boards did reset. what happens to those players that are already on it?
what recognition do they get?
the topic has 3 pages, many ideas where posted on how to give them recognition. a permanent
record of the testing phase leaderboard put on the website, a mini achievement for being on the leaderboard when it is reset etc.

then you could have all new achievements for leaderboard accomplishments or make your previous achievements uniquely permanent
like the gamma testing achievement etc. [Gamma tester...mmhm even more proof this is just a testing phase lol]

@Fay Beeee: well sorry you feel that way. If your reasoning IS purely based on vanity, thats cool, you answered the topics question.

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/2/2011 13:24:08 >
Post #: 63
10/2/2011 13:26:15   
goldslayer1

quote:

the topic has 3 pages, many ideas where posted on how to give them recognition.
a permanent record if the testing phase leaderboard, a mini achievement for being on the leaderboard when it is reset etc.

then you could have all new achievements for leaderboard accomplishments or make your previous achievements uniquely permanent
like the gamma testing achievement etc. [Gamma tester...mmhm even more proof this is just a testing phase lol]

ahh so its like a soldier in the army he looses his legs and arms and all he gets is a medal to remind him of the horrible event?

i dont have the time to read 3 pages atm. and im just going to make an estimate and say that 75% of those ideas are just as dumb as the original poster's idea.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/2/2011 13:45:18 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
10/2/2011 13:44:06   
PivotalDisorder

quote:

ahh so its like a soldier in the army he looses his legs and arms and all he gets is a medal to remind him of the horrible event?
dude, terrible analogy but ill try and work with it.
if a soldier achieves something in training, should he receive the same acclaim as a soldier who achieves something in actual combat?
who cares about 600 man hours spent shooting a target in a range, when its the 6 seconds you spent shooting the enemy that counts.

quote:

i dont have the time to read 3 pages atm. and im just going to make an estimate and say that 75% of those ideas are just as dumb as the original poster's idea.

so its dumb but you refuse to read to find out, you make a broad statement using a percentage and won't refute any of the counter arguments.
Post #: 65
10/2/2011 13:47:02   
goldslayer1

also and so what if its a testing phase?
its a freaking browser game that makes weekly releases
and makes more sense to play than games like black ops.
the testing stages for games like those last about a week
but however what they dont really show u, is that its mostly a 95% copy from the previous game aside from maps
so all ur really getting is recycled crap with a new color.

but here in ED the testing stage is long however they dont have u buying a new game every year and then milking $80-$100 on map packs which were made priod to the game's release
that just means u weren't getting the full content from the start and ur paying way more than the original CD price for more for content that was suppose to be on the disk.

@psib
and so far ur only arguement is that its too hard for a new player to get by comical's rank in the all time.
when a solider joins the army (another great analogy) he starts with a low rank and slowly works his way up.
why should the ranks in the army be resseted just so that new guy can become the general when the real general has worked hard for his spot?
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
10/2/2011 13:58:49   
wario the great

worst idea ive seen. No other game has had this done so why should ED be any different??? people have earned their wins, they have spent hours,days,months, years on this game just to have everything taken away from them? i dont think so.

The Real Zeal! xD
Once A Mage Always A Mage: Zeal Overlord My Character Page! xD
My Youtube Channel! xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 67
10/2/2011 14:01:24   
Dendavex

@Psibertus if you want to be the best you have to work to be it
seriously are you actually reading back what you are saying because you make zero sense
Epic  Post #: 68
10/2/2011 14:01:42   
Master Volcon

@ zeal
Several games have done this before once they go public

< Message edited by Master Volcon -- 10/2/2011 14:02:05 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 69
10/2/2011 14:03:40   
goldslayer1

quote:

^Several games have done this before once they go public

several games restart their experience counters, and they dont count wins or losses during testing stages as far as im aware. and they counter begins when the game goes live.
i know because i beta tested some aeria games and they only reset lvls expirience and such (items aswell basically u start as a newb again) but fights were never counted until the official release of the game
AQW Epic  Post #: 70
10/2/2011 14:06:38   
PivotalDisorder

@Dendavex: I don't think you read any posts, including the first but please go ahead and quote the parts that don't make sense.

@Wario below: many reasons were given.

my main one is, why should the leaderboards stay when during ENTIRE testing phase, their was a huge disparity between certain classes/builds.
the devs/balance team are working toward something resembling balance, I doubt they will launch the game proper until they are happy with that.

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/2/2011 14:10:54 >
Post #: 71
10/2/2011 14:06:58   
wario the great

quote:

Several games have done this before once they go public

mayby a few have but most do not and AE hasnt done this so why should ED do this?
AQW Epic  Post #: 72
10/2/2011 14:11:11   
goldslayer1

@psib
nothing to say after my last analogy?
or ur still thinking a reply?

if they reset wins for players, that means they will do it for faction, fame, all types of wins, and warkills
they will delete all ur items, credits and variums and u start all fresh from lvl 1.
so all that money u spent goes down the drain.
is that what u want?
did i mention ur records get wiped clean?

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/2/2011 14:13:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 73
10/2/2011 14:12:45   
PivotalDisorder

quote:

if they reset wins for players, that means they will do it for faction, fame, all types of wins.
they will delete all ur items, credits and variums and u start all fresh.
so all that money u spent goes down the drain.
is that what u want?
did i mention ur records get whiped clean?
what about they just wipe the leaderboards and win/loss records rather than being melodramatic and suddenly going to the extreme ? just a thought.

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/2/2011 14:13:47 >
Post #: 74
10/2/2011 14:13:34   
wario the great

^^
why are you quoting mine????? im against the reset
AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.
Page 3 of 8«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition