Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/2/2011 15:00:35   
goldslayer1

quote:

Even when Comical wasnt in the top three he was farther down the list which while no one really cares about those other 12 people they do exist

so ur saying u have to be on the top 3 to be important?
if ur in the top 15 then grats u made it to the leaderboard why should ur hard work be neglected and thrown down the the trash because some new guy wants a chance at it without doing as much effort as those before him?
AQW Epic  Post #: 101
10/2/2011 15:04:13   
Master Volcon

How would it be abused by founders, I can understand they would have the advantage at level 21 because of the armor, however use 33s have the advantage because we can use intense gear against lower levels

AQW Epic  Post #: 102
10/2/2011 15:04:17   
One Winged Angel1357

For the majority of people yes some people do not or cannot read the list so all they see is the first three people or factions others just blow through the list and all they ever see if the picture.

Also if you read the suggestion they say give something cool to the top 1 or top 3, depending on the suggestion, and have SS of all the All-time leaderboards in a hall of fame so those people can all be recognized
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 103
10/2/2011 15:06:19   
ansh0

Here's my opinion....
Tell me one thing,would feel happier if you made it to all timers now or happier when u reach all timers after reset?
I'd personally be proud of myself if I did so, as If I make it to all timers now,whilst the great challenges and a LOOOONG way to go...
I'd be doing the happy dance now and then.
If I made it there after the reset,I will NOT be happy as I really did not achieve anything.

~black spidey
Epic  Post #: 104
10/2/2011 15:06:32   
goldslayer1

quote:

How would it be abused by founders, I can understand they would have the advantage at level 21 because of the armor, however use 33s have the advantage because we can use intense gear against lower levels

founders have lvl 8 armor and beta gear which can equal up to a total of 89 to 90 total stat modifers at lvl 8.
they would just reset npc till lvl 8 then use beta gear and play and easily getting 100% in 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2.
then it can also be done at lvl 21 but with 115 stat

and i know it can be done at low lvls with founder and beta gear because dax has done it for 2 vs 2 and he got 510 wins in 1 day at 97%
while most losses came from after getting into the high lvls (meaning he probably had like 250-300 wins at 100% before he started loosing.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/2/2011 15:09:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 105
10/2/2011 15:09:09   
Master Volcon

@gold

The amount players that still have low level founder or beta gear is minimal however still presents serious issues.

There would have to be safety precautions before implementing this.

< Message edited by Master Volcon -- 10/2/2011 15:12:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 106
10/2/2011 15:11:04   
goldslayer1

quote:

The amount players that still have low level founder or beta gear is minimal however still prevents serious issues.

altho its minimal it is a serious issue.
another thing is token boosting while at low lvls.
im sure a super str build with merc while tank at low lvls would be pretty dam fast at getting wins.
AQW Epic  Post #: 107
10/2/2011 15:13:19   
Master Volcon

@ gold

Sorry typo i meant presents issues not prevents issues

I agree, that is why there would have to be safe guards to prevent the abuse of it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 108
10/2/2011 15:14:34   
PivotalDisorder

support mercs can get a crazy amount of wins at low level still.

I came 3rd on daily 2v2 leaderboard once and the guy who passed me was about level 18 when he started I think and it took him about half the time, plus much higher win ratio
and he wasn't even using beta gear. with that gear enhanced, would be crazy. that was one of my main concerns with my XP gains ON/OFF suggestion.
Post #: 109
10/2/2011 15:17:10   
Master Volcon

@ psib

The new updates that occur will seriously weaken support mercs you so the only problem would be support
and support builds will be seriously weaken by a low level multi and support mods
AQW Epic  Post #: 110
10/2/2011 15:22:45   
PivotalDisorder

Yeah I have no doubt ^^

was just offering opinion on a reset level feature being implemented. seeing how many people loved the juggernaut feature when it was free wins
against lowbies, I wouldn't be surprised if players kept resetting level to get tons of easy wins with a geared lowbie.
Post #: 111
10/2/2011 17:57:33   
Lord Nub

Why not just have phase leaderboards?

This game will always be in some sort of greek alphabet phase, so why not have the current phases All time board and a Hall of Fame board that covers all the phases?

This will give players something to go for because as we all know, there really isn't enough goals in this game as it is.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 112
10/2/2011 19:09:11   
PivotalDisorder

@Lord Nub: well depends on how many more phases they intend to go through. I'd be surprised if they go past Delta but then the games quite old
now and still in testing phase. how would they separate all the wins previously, from alpha, beta and gamma ?
Post #: 113
10/3/2011 3:28:50   
Clutch

This is the worst idea i've ever heard. How are you going to rob people of their right to that spot because you want to start over? Thats like saying we should knock down the billionares of the world and give everyone the same amount of money, sorry but life doesn't work that way, time does matter, and just resetting it is a horrible and naive idea. Some say that we get 500 wins a day now as opposed to it taking us a week. So? Who's to say we won't get 1000 wins a day in the future? Moreover on those bashing comicalbiker saying it'll take forever to catch up. In my eyes, if he gets 300 wins a day, everyday, for the last two years, and continues to do so. He definitely earned that spot. Instead of trying to bring him down, why don't you pick yourself up? Huh? He does 300, you do 400. If you're dedicated enough, anything can happen.

Now, that said, could there be a new leaderboard for when the game goes live? Absolutely! I see nothing wrong in that, call it the ED Champions leaderboard and put it right on top of all other leaderboards for all I care, but when we're talking about just resetting people? Thats not cool at all.

< Message edited by Clutch -- 10/3/2011 12:14:53 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 114
10/3/2011 6:19:45   
Shadow Jester

Fay Beee

I frown everyday at your toon on the leaderboard with comical ... Its quite annoying.
I tried and tried to get on that leader board .. You no lifes won't give players like me or newbies a try. If i was a newb I would DREAM OF being at top. I am still that noob ^_^ . I'm tired being not known and being forgotten ^_^ . I love friends. Your probably hating this Idea. I love this Idea

Hall of Fame is a good Idea!

I dreamed/planned/hoped to get on it. When I was in Legit I ALWAYS WANTED TO be on it. Angels Holocaust trained Me and others so well. Let me name all my former Legit Members. ( Not in my time of legit) lLambo, Trizkial, Deathknightmare,Bunjira,Lady Savage(I miss you my favorite rolemodel,Lady Savage), ( Yes these are old Legends).

I remember doing 100 wins a day because Angels demanded me to do so.
AQW Epic  Post #: 115
10/3/2011 6:21:17   
MirageD

how about we start up an All Time Whiners board......it could be based on the number of posts a person makes that state "it's not fair....i can't win because......(fill in the blank)"

jk
AQW Epic  Post #: 116
10/3/2011 6:23:29   
Shadow Jester

Good Thing I read your post Miraged. I would turned into my troll form. I hate when people call me a whiny kid or some sort. Its very annoying.
<.< No lifes
AQW Epic  Post #: 117
10/3/2011 6:54:00   
ngshuyi94

U can call urself no life too since ur idea of no life is to get on that board and u wanna be on it.

Show some respect please.
Epic  Post #: 118
10/3/2011 6:57:09   
Wootz

True that ;)
AQW Epic  Post #: 119
10/3/2011 7:26:40   
The Death Trap

By me lol thats all Fay says :p
AQW Epic  Post #: 120
10/3/2011 8:01:03   
BlueKatz

Why can't we have a simple Hall of Fame and event NPC of players in game? I don't see why people against this, after all this game might last many years
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 121
10/3/2011 8:50:15   
Lord Nub

@psibertus,

Testing has been over since the game was open to everyone. When a company states an MMO is still in testing it's more appealing to players. A lot of players have no interest in starting an MMO where a majority of players have a huge jumpstart on them with no way of catching up.

To help simplify this matter ED says it's still in the testing phase, even though it has been open to the public going on two years, and also the reason why our weapons are outdated so quickly.

Players have the option of going for the daily board but then only a fraction of the community see there names on the board and they feel slighted considering it is nearly impossible to start today and make an all time board even without a life.

I stand by the phase leaderboard option, as it would be better for ED as a whole.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
10/3/2011 13:37:28   
PivotalDisorder

@lord nub: If we are always gonna have phases then I totally agree with that idea.
but
if they are using test phase as an advertisement to pull in new players, isn't it kind of a scam, because their IS no way anyone will catch the current leaders.

anyway
It seems I have to say this yet again. I have no personal interest in the leaderboard, I have no personal issue with Comicalbiker, he is no1 in 1v1 and easy
to use as an example, especially as he got the majority of those wins as a strength bounty, when it was the most OP 1v1 build for so long.

I accept many are against this idea. and some are for it. so really down to the devs to decide what they will do if/when they release the game fully.

quote:

how about we start up an All Time Whiners board......it could be based on the number of posts a person makes that state "it's not fair....i can't win because......(fill in the blank)"

jk
yes you would be on it, probably top spot. oh wait. I mean

jk [putting jk means you can insult anyone any way you want right]
quote:

Now, that said, could there be a new leaderboard for when the game goes live? Absolutely! I see nothing wrong in that, call it the ED Champions leaderboard and put it right on top of all other leaderboards for all I care, but when we're talking about just resetting people? Thats not cool at all.
if you left peoples win/loss records and made a new leaderboard, their wins/loss would be completely different to what is on the leaderboard. wouldn't that be confusing?
Post #: 123
10/3/2011 14:07:43   
goldslayer1

quote:

especially as he got the majority of those wins as a strength bounty, when it was the most OP 1v1 build for so long.

wow?
what those builds/class have to do a with anything?
are u trying to say he's a noob because he used the fastest build at that time?
clearly if ur trying to do something like getting on the all time leaderboards, then u should use speed builds and not slow ones.
AQW Epic  Post #: 124
10/3/2011 14:11:15   
Matgon

It's more probale for you to build a time machine and go back to alpha day 1 than for the leaderboards to be reset.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition