Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/3/2011 14:14:01   
goldslayer1

@matgon
if i had a time machine, i would do 200+ wins a day from day 1 :P
and i would have gotten every achievement in the game including alpha, elite, and founder
would have bought founder armor aswell, and bunnyzookas.
founder + bunny = the only 2 well worthed gear in beta.
AQW Epic  Post #: 126
10/3/2011 14:56:25   
One Winged Angel1357

Let me point out something here the people against the idea are on teh leaderboards the people for the idea are not on the leaderboard it can be said that we are both working for our own selfish agenda so put your ego back in a box and think how this would affect the game instead of how this affects you becuase if you is all teh matters in the world why are you even here.

@Fay you once said you do not use bots against those without bots becuase it would be unfair and you hold true to this becuase you have never used your bot against me in a fight but then why is it fair for you to have a mile wide gap between you and everyone else when it comes to a leaderboard when there would be a chance for it to reset so everyone is on fair terms.

@MirageD you work for your own agenda you complain about the new leaderboard system becuase you can no longer see where YOU stand compaired to everyone else for 24 hours so why should your opinion even count when you have proven to be working for your personal angenda before why is it different now.

That is teh end of this tyraid i will be back for a second one later

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 10/3/2011 14:59:18 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 127
10/3/2011 14:59:47   
I am Primal

psibertus who are you in ed because from this post your sound like a gamma player that whines about everything.
Post #: 128
10/3/2011 15:00:59   
PivotalDisorder

Well I will never be on a leaderboard if it is reset or not.

can you imagine if on MW2 [or3?] if for the first 6 months of testing phase one weapon was so dominant it barely made the game worth playing and almost everyone
on the leaderboard used that weapon, when the game was released and weapon fixed, would the leaderboards still be an accurate representation of the finished game ?

no

so why is it any different here.
Post #: 129
10/3/2011 15:05:28   
DeathGuard

LeaderBoards are like memorial stones, you can't put for 1 week the memorial stone and they take it like if nothing happened, same goes for leaderboards, it is there to remember the players who had/or are accomplishing great goals. I'm against this.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 130
10/3/2011 16:34:03   
Lord Nub

@psibertus,

It's not really a scam because they continually update the game. As long as the game is being updated it is technically in testing. Technically, all of AE games are still in testing. If they were to stop updating the game and releasing new features, then it would be fully released.

Does anyone believe ED is anywhere near that point, especially as AE's only PvP game? After Delta will be yet another letter of the Greek Alphabet and so on.

Either way it goes, the devs will not just reset the all-time boards because then how is it all-time? It's ludicrous to believe that this would happen and extremely selfish to call for it.

The problem here is that the players find it impossible to ever get on anything beyond a board that completely disappears after 24 hours. A solution that would not infuriate anyone and give players some sort of extra goal would be to add phase leaderboards.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 131
10/3/2011 17:35:53   
MirageD

quote:

@MirageD you work for your own agenda you complain about the new leaderboard system becuase you can no longer see where YOU stand compaired to everyone else for 24 hours so why should your opinion even count when you have proven to be working for your personal angenda before why is it different now.

idk what psibertus and OWA have against me.....but if this is reflective of what the rest of the community thinks of me....i truly apologize....this interpretation of me does not reflect who i am
AQW Epic  Post #: 132
10/3/2011 17:43:47   
rej

first come, first served. of course the leaderboards shouldn't be wiped.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 133
10/3/2011 17:46:51   
Matgon

quote:

can you imagine if on MW2 [or3?] if for the first 6 months of testing phase one weapon was so dominant it barely made the game worth playing and almost everyone
on the leaderboard used that weapon, when the game was released and weapon fixed, would the leaderboards still be an accurate representation of the finished game ?

no

First off all there is always overpowered/overused weps in call of duty, always have been and always will be, second CoD also has All time, monthly and weekly leaderboards and finally you said why is it any different?

Are you serious? Last year black ops was the best selling game EVER..... that is why they are different..

< Message edited by Matgon -- 10/3/2011 17:47:19 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 134
10/3/2011 17:53:11   
goldslayer1

quote:

no

ok so what ur saying is, if ur using something OP ur wins or victories should not count?

cause if u are, then i guess the united states victory over japan didn't count because the 2 nukes they used were too OP.

@matgun
COD also spent 100+ million dollars on just advertising.
ED only has that money in their dreams

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/3/2011 17:57:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 135
10/3/2011 18:08:49   
Shadronica

I do not think that the leaderboards should be reset at all!!!

The people who are currently on those leaderboards have worked long and hard hours upon hours upon hours to get their positions. Regardless of whatever advantages they might have used. Don't tell me that every single one of you would not use an advantage to get on a leaderboard if you could!!!

Never before have I witnessed a community so obsessed with wiping out any records of any players that pre-date the time that they joined.

It is a greedy community with no respect that wants to trample any history whether its the leaderboards, Alpha/Elites, Founders and Beta's. You should all feel ashamed of yourselves.

If you all were not so lazy you too could make the leaderboards. There is a lot of people who are on them who have retired or semi retired.

I am sure that if any one of you had put the hours of work into the game that the people on the leaderboards have ... you would not want the leaderboards shoved aside for the sake of new players to take them over would you?

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 136
10/3/2011 18:35:50   
frosty123

Like your post shadronica.

Anyways it accually depends on the people on the leaderboards. mabye it should be all those that are emperours because they have a higher chance of getting on it. If its fine with them do it if it is not then dont.Its not like your being treated unfairl. well you are to be exact since they will wipe out the records but anywaysi think its those who are emperours and aboves choice.
Post #: 137
10/3/2011 18:52:12   
MirageD

ty shad....i must say...i have tried to stick up for our community....but now am very disappointed and don't think i'll be participating much more i these forums :( i think the actual player base is still great :D....but these forums don't seem to reflect that anymore
AQW Epic  Post #: 138
10/3/2011 19:07:45   
One Winged Angel1357

@Shad it is not that we are completely whiping the boards if that was the case only a select few would go for this idea the idea is giving a Hall of Fame, an area dedicated to those players who where able to shine when the game was being tested, while letting the players who joined when the game is pretty much set in stone and there are no new Massive changes to the game(like new battle modes) but still we get a lot of the small things(areas, NPC's, quests, ect.).

Testing phases would most likely end 4-10 years from now depending on the forward progress of this game and most of us would have had our fill and quit by then anyway. That does not mean i have changed my mind about this it means discussion of this is pointless at best.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 139
10/3/2011 19:09:45   
Shadronica

MirageD there is still great people within our community but alas they too have diminished with their forum posts because of the persistent self obssessed trolling. I am not going to point a finger and say that it is kids trolling either because I have met many wonderful, mature and considerate younger players on this game aged from 12 years up.

I am just hoping that our game developers aren't reading some of these immature, selfish posts and thinking that it is the general consensus of the EpicDuel community.

Why should MirageD be made to feel that SHE is greedy for wanting all her years of hard work to remain intact on the leaderboards? Or anyone who is on the leaderboard for that matter?

I know one thing right now ... if the leaderboards were reset there would be a huge rush for bragging rights for a few weeks then the laziness of some of the community would set in and they would complain that the ones on the leaderboard are using advantages. FACEPALM!!

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 140
10/3/2011 19:15:14   
One Winged Angel1357

@Shad and what happens when the general laziness sets in; Fay, Comical, MirageD, Morrigan and everyone else who cares about there place on the All-Time Leaderboards takes there spot back while those people who got 50K wins then retired are no longer taking a spot on the bored that the guy/girl who has 25K wins and is trying as hard as he/she can to get on the leaderboard can be on the leaderboard
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 141
10/3/2011 19:18:24   
DeathGuard

@Shadronica: The field medic nerfing was heard, so we can't probably say that it is impossible they implemented that, I'm against it, but we must let express themselves though its not helpful but that's why everyone has liberty. Also pointing out "kids trolling" is not that kind, lets stay silent and watch from the shadows and see what road this game takes, the decision they take will decide if we old players stay or not.
@Psibertus: Lets say you were in All Time Leaderboards, you will be against that, not see the issue just from your perspective but the victim's perspective.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 142
10/3/2011 19:21:33   
Shadow Jester

@Miraged
Your making people's ED dreams fail . You say NO to this. This a great idea. As The Forgotten Zachary I say +1 to this idea.
I've been playing for a very long time. I want a retry for the leaderboard? Who is with me!?!!??!?
AQW Epic  Post #: 143
10/3/2011 19:24:08   
Lord Nub

Amazed noone is agreeing with the phase leaderboard option. It seems everyone either wants the boards wiped clean or for nothing to happen and make it impossible for anyone else to obtain anything beyond a daily name for themselves.

Both are extremely selfish and ignorant of others views in my opinion.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 144
10/3/2011 19:25:51   
DeathGuard

Seems people this days don't care about other's feelings. If this happens, I will quit.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 145
10/3/2011 19:27:48   
Shadow Jester

I do agree with the phase Idea ,but it would be chaotic kinda.
AQW Epic  Post #: 146
10/3/2011 19:28:06   
goldslayer1

quote:

Your making people's ED dreams fail . You say NO to this. This a great idea. As The Forgotten Zachary I say +1 to this idea.
I've been playing for a very long time. I want a retry for the leaderboard? Who is with me!?!!??!?

dude -.-
how can u expect to get on the all time?
i hardly ever see u even pass 100+ wins
the average player on the all time does around 200 wins a day (the active ones)

plus u have several accounts and u play on them. maybe if u focused on one and stopped QQing on the forums about how unfair it is then u just might be pretty close to the all time.

if anything, there should be a weekly champion (similar to daily champion but for a whole week, and obviously the achievement would be worth more)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/3/2011 19:29:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 147
10/3/2011 19:30:43   
Shadow Jester

I never play Alts Gold. I'm currently Inactive due to School. I never play on Alts. I do at least 50 wins a day before School came. And Before Delta came. The only Alt I play is my Old Beta account. Zachary. Its faction is filled with my friends that played in Alpha.
Bomb Digity and some others >.>
AQW Epic  Post #: 148
10/3/2011 19:30:47   
DeathGuard

@Goldslayer1: Agreed, and also that idea is good.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 149
10/3/2011 19:31:21   
Shadronica

I have nothing to gain or lose if the leaderboards stay or go. I am expressing an opinion that if the All Time Leaderboard goes I feel it would be a shame.

I am also saying that if the All Time Leaderboard was to be reset then there is still going to be one heck of a lot of players disappointed for one reason or another because they won't be on them.

Try to please all and you will please none.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition