Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=MECH= Writer's Block

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> =MECH= Writer's Block
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/3/2011 14:45:42   
Acient J

The unstoppable train has hit me hard. Even though I have three--probably more--projects that I could be working on, I cannot bring myself to write. Has anyone felt the same before? Well, that's a stupid question; of course writer's block has nested in the minds of many. What I'm more interested in is how you deal with it. Forcing yourself to write? Taking a break? A little at a time? Any advice is appreciated.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/3/2011 14:54:34   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Ask for comments, seeing people who like your stories comment on them can be great motivation.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
10/3/2011 14:59:59   
.Discipline

I don't really know what to say about writer's block...

:D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/3/2011 17:00:37   
superjars

For me, the cure to writer's block has always been to take a step back, and do something full of wild, rampant creativity, whether that being creating a world, participating in an RP, doodling for an hour, playing with a graphics program, reading a book, telling someone a story you make up on the spot, etc. Really, anything that gets your creative juices flowing. In my opinion, writer's block comes from hitting a point where you aren't sure what to do next. This may mean that you haven't prepared far enough in advance for your story and are running low on ideas, or that you have met a character who you don't know enough about. So, doing a creativity session of taking your world, turning it upside down and shaking everything out so you can start to really understand your world is a good thing to do.

At least, this is what works for me. Hope it can help you.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/3/2011 18:02:47   
Xirminator

Right now I'm going through a big one. Or maybe I'm going through a period of procrastination. Either way, when I see a blank page, I'm freaking out and quitting.

So, I'm taking a little break and looking for inspiration (watch TV series, read books, play video games with good stories or interesting worlds). That usually helps me.

It's working bit by bit, because the past week my urge to express myself in some way has re-appeared. Now, just need to find what to write.
AQ DF  Post #: 5
10/3/2011 18:23:50   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

I'm a moody writer. I have to be in the right mood to write. Why I haven't added a chapter to my story in 9 months. But I'm going to start soon, I can feel it :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
10/4/2011 19:05:32   
A Dreamer

@Ultra - Same, though it's only been about a month or two. I just can't bring myself to do it.

@Jars - That USUALLY works for me.

You may say I'm a Dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
-John Lennon
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
10/4/2011 21:13:54   
sysdragonfable

my greatest suggestion(and probably stupid) is go for a walk(bare with me...) walk for a little while, let your thougts just flow through your mind. think of something you like, remember it and keep it stored for later. think about the story or think about nothing(i think about chocolate cake) trust me, walking and letting your mind just flow naturally will eventually get past that writers block wall. You may also expierence
* weight lost
* foot pain
*deep hatred for me
*people giving awkward looks at you
*freezing feet(if condidtions are right)
*idiots almost hitting you with there car
*and freakishly wierd actions you normally dont see(the horror....)
DF  Post #: 8
10/10/2011 9:44:53   
Argeus the Paladin

Depending on what caused the writer's block in the first place, there are a number of ways we can go about curing it.

• Put away your writing for a while, go do something you like and return in a while after you've been refreshed.
  • If real life is impairing your creativity, put away your writing and go take care of the source of grievance, THEN return and be a boss.
  • If your inspiration has run dry for some reason, some good music might cure it. I suggest Two Steps From Hell applied directly to your eardrum in massive quantity.
  • DF  Post #: 9
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> =MECH= Writer's Block
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition