Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New DN 05/10/2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New DN 05/10/2011
Page 11 of 23«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/7/2011 23:01:03   
King FrostLich

Hun King enough of your Blood Mage improved stuff. My Blood Mage Build is already as good as it is and besides, if field medic is nerfed then people will heal less and blood mage can hit more damage easily with bloodlust.
Epic  Post #: 251
10/7/2011 23:10:40   
tigura

@frostlich - your right, blood mage gets buffed with this update
DF Epic  Post #: 252
10/7/2011 23:11:52   
edwardvulture

This update will make the classes with blood lust the new class to crowd into, now that theory about devs forcing players to class change for profit is becoming more of a theorm.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 253
10/7/2011 23:12:32   
goldslayer1

@tigure
so does BH
basically BH gets to be back ontop when frostbite will be re-released like 2 months later
wanna know what i predict?
a BH nerf after frostbite goes rare again and sells out to all the class hoppers.
AQW Epic  Post #: 254
10/7/2011 23:18:17   
Hun Kingq

King FrostLich, but it can be better so Blood Lust helps you hit more damage? I don't think Blood Lust does damage and does not look like the percentage of heal will be increase either that we get from the damage we inflict.

Wouldn't you rather take one turn to improve dex and tech instead of two turns?

Wouldn't you rather do 4 strikes instead of three?

Wouldn't you rather have something that returns energy and health with no energy cost?

Wouldn't you want a debuff that affects more than just strength?

Don't you want an improved energy stealing skills that would take more then give back because of reroute?

There is a lot more players out there that wants a better Blood Mage so for you good maybe fine but for a lot of players they want something better.
Epic  Post #: 255
10/7/2011 23:20:43   
goldslayer1

@hun
well for bloodmage
IMO best combo is
energy staff, physical gun,
decent berserker, and max fireball with a good DA.
(that means 2 physical unblockables while 1 energy primary which can be used more often)

(note: these are just tips)
AQW Epic  Post #: 256
10/7/2011 23:42:49   
King FrostLich

quote:

Wouldn't you rather have something that returns energy and health with no energy cost?

Don't you want an improved energy stealing skills that would take more then give back because of reroute?

There is a lot more players out there that wants a better Blood Mage so for you good maybe fine but for a lot of players they want something better.

No. My build has been doing great and it is NOT an str build. Mines is a decent tank capable of taking down 2 strength hunters and with a little luck, can defeat 2 tact mercs. It's not that hard to find the greatest build for blood mage. If I were to be full varium, my build would be 4x stronger than what it is right now.
Epic  Post #: 257
10/7/2011 23:57:12   
Hun Kingq

goldslayer1, I am one of the few players that don't need tips. I tested both Stun Cannon and Stun Blaster, Stun Blaster gets more damage with and without malfunction. I tested every skill on max with the stat that it improves that skill and fireball was the weakest. A player with higher strength with level 3 Bezerker got less damage then I did at lower strength then him and Level 1 berzerker.

The words go like this good, better, best, then awesome, so why settle for good when you can have awesome?

King FrostLich, that is you but many other Blood Mages want something better.

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 10/8/2011 0:00:16 >
Epic  Post #: 258
10/7/2011 23:58:02   
EDluyil

Wow how are you supposed to beat str TLM's healing only 29? At least make it still improve with support except instead of 1 extra HP every 3 support make it 5 or 6.

Sigh... Going to play on my blood mage now.

Although attempting to nerf TLMs is a step in the right direction, but remember field medic is a key skill for all class.

I dont know if tech mage support builds work anymore.

< Message edited by EDluyil -- 10/8/2011 0:00:48 >
Epic  Post #: 259
10/7/2011 23:59:14   
AxeOFury

Ok, so let me get this straight. No update? :B
AQ  Post #: 260
10/8/2011 0:03:44   
goldslayer1

@hun
what str lvl did u use for fireball?
when i tested it i usually got around 40-50 damage every time
which isn't all that bad for an extra unblockable

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/8/2011 0:10:24 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 261
10/8/2011 0:06:19   
frosty123

skipped pages 9-12. Did read the bad heal nerf. Im perfectly fine with the heal thing but the thing im not fine with is frenzy. Why the H***(heck if your a child)would a TLM need healing for if they could frenzy with insane str and deal insane damage while the rest of us heal a weak 29-30 heal with them healing (hyberpole) 50 each strike forl ike 10 energy. How the (again heck if oyur a kid) He** is that fair. Not flaming to any devs you guys work hard but sometimes get the wrong idea. In my opinion you shouldve just put increase with health. Or lv 1 10% of health Lv 2 15% Lv 3 20% Lv 9 47% Lv 10 50% of health regain It could be better with lv 1 20% and every two lvs after lv 6 be +5%. of 30% of health from lv one and +5% every 2 lvs from lv 4.
Post #: 262
10/8/2011 0:07:55   
Laces

@Hun, you implied it. You didn't say it directly. But we'll forget the conversation.

I don't understand why you nerfed FM this much. Sure it was being abused with support, but why not increase the amount of support points rather then nerf heal as a whole to every class. The requirements are absolutely sad. Any TLM I have faced has enough dex and tech to meet those requirements and still have a good deal of strength. You need to change the entire skill tree not just some itsy bitsy requirements that do nothing. If thats the next part of your balance plan, I would suggest you make it happen faster, because its been almost 4 months now and you haven't done anything to those TLMs. AE needs to pay the balance testers so they actually get things done faster because they are payed for it. 2 weeks for a requirement list? I hope theres more too it then meets the eye because this is sad.
AQW Epic  Post #: 263
10/8/2011 0:13:42   
frosty123

Alring judging from the insane negative contest it be best if everyone battles like the most super-ultra-epic-super-insane-duper-truper-flber-gooper-shooper-Halloween-battlers the world has ever seen before we meet the update. Orin other words. When delta V receives its update, Delta V ends and... ... ... ... ... ... WE RUN FOR OUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My opinions its okay just frenzy is not
Post #: 264
10/8/2011 0:33:52   
drinde

Just realized that Juggernauts now have a high chance to lose if they are too aggressive. They can't regain health in a burst no more.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 265
10/8/2011 0:35:06   
goldslayer1

@drinde
no but they can tank now while having way more def and healing as much as everyone else.
AQW Epic  Post #: 266
10/8/2011 0:36:49   
Hun Kingq

goldslayer1, I tested it at every strength level I could with the requirements that are put on the Blood Mage and at level 10 it indicates 70 and to only get 40 to 50 that is a big drop especially if they have low defense and everything on resistance.

With lack of energy return and lack of a debuff that increases damage, a Blood Mage takes a big chance at losing the battle because they don't have enough energy to heal and to put more points in energy that means less points somewhere else thus either making him weaker in strength/support or having less defense and resistance, why should a new class be short change like that?

Then all your energy is taken away and no energy return so guess what no skills to be used, not even field medic.

If you played a Blood mage all the time what would your answers be to these questions:

Epic  Post #: 267
10/8/2011 0:40:46   
goldslayer1

@hun
quote:

I tested it at every strength level I could with the requirements that are put on the Blood Mage and at level 10 it indicates 70 and to only get 40 to 50 that is a big drop especially if they have low defense and everything on resistance.

well at the time i was getting 85% (the gun and fireball was bugged back then) so idk
but fireball made a great rage filler as i never wanted to risk it with a strike or skill.
if gun weren't glitch i would have done something like
gun, berserker, strike, gun, (keep striking until rage and then use fireball. and boom instant 55-65 damage)
which isn't that bad of a combo from what i tested back in early delta.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/8/2011 0:41:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 268
10/8/2011 1:18:18   
Hun Kingq

goldslayer1, I was the first one to discover that bug but noticed when rage sometimes I get less damage or 2 points more in damage so either it is setup like that or the rage has a bug as well.

If you take a look at my questions what player would not want one shield that is one turn and improves both tech and dex in this game, something that returns both health and energy without costing energy or health, instead of another having a three strike skill how about one having a four strike skill, a debuff skill that debuffs all the stats and the one with the highest gets the highest debuff, and to take more energy then reroute returns. One has to wonder in this game why wouldn't a player want all this for their class.

If a player thinks that good is enough then why are they posting in the balance section on what skills to improve?

When it comes to these updates all players ideas should be programmed and tested not just mine but every players until they find ones that will improve that class without nerfing the others or nerfing every class as what is going to happen and that is what I was trying to prevent with my ideas.
Epic  Post #: 269
10/8/2011 1:28:00   
goldslayer1

@hun
well i haven't slept in like 28 hours and i gotta get like 300 wins today
so atm i dont have time to read detail by detail
what stood out the most is

quote:

If a player thinks that good is enough then why are they posting in the balance section on what skills to improve?

if ur trying to say someone who suggests dumb stuff that wont help balance but swing it the other way. then i think that person shouldn't be posting. (idk like saying give bunnyzooka +30 stats on everything with like +50 damage. (random example))

what i do think is, that titan should make a simulation server (dont know if thats what they have)
where he puts all types of random skills suggested by the players. and later a qualified testing team who know what they are doing have them get a try at these skills and mix them up to see what they get.
(maybe they can make a whole new class from scrap if they put their mind to it)

anyways im too tired atm to be focusing these type of forum stuff
so cya later
AQW Epic  Post #: 270
10/8/2011 7:20:08   
Silver Sky Magician

I take my previous comment about Field Medic back. If you really think about it, the alterations are actually not that bad.
Post #: 271
10/8/2011 7:26:05   
Shadronica

*sighs* I came back to look at the Design Notes in hope that things were improving. Sorry to sound so negative but I really think its time our game developers spent a week or two and went around their competitors to see what is happening in the real world of balanced games.

I used to view this game as having real potential.

Why is it that our forum is like a silent scream? I use the term silent scream in the respect that we are all screaming to see this game going in the right direction but it falls on deaf ears.
It seems to me that when the general consensus of the forum is calling for a change to something, someone in game development deliberately goes the opposite way. I have witnessed this time after time. I simply fail to fathom the reasoning for this. Nightwraith admitted that Tactical Mercs were an "easy" class but why is it necessary to have such imbalance in a game that is quoted to be a strategic game? Why is every class getting more nerfs to try to compensate for the abomination of a class like TLM?

I am sorry but I cannot for the life of me figure out how the Field Medic nerf is going to help anyone. If crits and blocks were going to be fixed then I would go Woot!

I honestly don't mean to sound so negative but this game leaves me full of unanswered questions that defies logical explanations.

Has anyone got any truthful answers to enlighten me? I am lost I just can't figure out the direction this game is going or wants to go.

I also think its ironic that some players on the balance team always use the most OP class or builds on their main characters (and have done so for a long time) so how can they truly be unbiased about what is fair or not?

< Message edited by Shadronica -- 10/8/2011 7:39:38 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 272
10/8/2011 7:36:07   
godsblade11

I hope everyone here realises that this is reaction we get to nearly all updates. I personally think its good for competition. I play for a good time not for a drone like experience where im winning 4 times out of 5 (Im a TM sup build). My only concern is that not much light is being shed on str builds in this update....i guess we will all get our answers in the next update....AND PLEASE stop hating on the devs for all they have done..without them this game would not be possible :)
Post #: 273
10/8/2011 7:39:49   
Dendavex

You know whats funny is this game is good at promising the thing their never going to do
I dont find this game interesting anymore as a matter of fact this game will never reach its
Full potential I dont want these crap comments saying this game has a potential because to be
honest your either blind or stupid and dont know what your saying this game is frustrating
and should literally deleted or... get more devs not just Hudelf maybe like others.
Epic  Post #: 274
10/8/2011 7:43:51   
Shadronica

@godsblade11. I respect your post however I would like to add that without US the players there would be no game either. So a little mutual respect goes both ways.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New DN 05/10/2011
Page 11 of 23«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition