Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New DN 05/10/2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New DN 05/10/2011
Page 3 of 23«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/6/2011 5:03:12   
drinde

TtM, TtM, TtM is getting an overhaul. I am happy.

Hairstyles will be cool, but I'm only getting Mirion one.

New weapons make me sad. I just overloaded my Chars Inventories and deloaded Credits, so I hope for Perma-Weps.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 51
10/6/2011 5:09:43   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Well, whatever changes come to Tact Merc we'll just have to learn to adapt eh? I mean just because something will change and you might not like it doesn't mean you should run from it ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
10/6/2011 5:23:20   
Hun Kingq

They say this is a nerf for the tact mercs but if it is just messing with field medic isn't it a nerf for all? If they do nothing with the support stat then will not Aux and Artillery still be over powered? If they do something to the support stat and it affects the tech mage malfunction, good, because those that play the tech mage should not have followed the non-creative abusive ways. For malfunction they could make it improve with dex or tech more so tech since it is a technology type skill and put a support requirement so they can't abuse tech.

To see so many plays want to class change because of a slight nerf do show lack of loyalty and creativity and that they want an easy way out and if I was a founder of the faction their in I would not want them in my faction because if they are not loyal to the class they choose how can you trust how long they will be loyal to the faction they are in?

The bug I hope they fix is with Plasma Rain.
Epic  Post #: 53
10/6/2011 5:24:15   
Fay Beeee

We have adapted for every change which has happened.

Some jump to the strongest % wins (which we call the OP classes) some do not.
Some only want the 'wham, bam' classes for easy wins. Some do not.

Which ever way is your choice, whether you chose the quick and easy, or the slower and interesting (imo).
It is still YOUR CHOICE to do so.

This game has uncertainties, which is how it should be. If it did not, there would be perfect balance. Now that would be boring and no challenge.
As it stands, the challenge is in trying to survive with a reasonable % of wins /losses for the class you chose to play.

Of course there is the third alternative. Only fight npc.

No offence to anyone. It is just my opinion as yours is your opinion.
If you disagree with my opinion, rather than flame or troll, please pm me. I will then do my best to explain further. We may never agree but we can do it civilly.

Epic  Post #: 54
10/6/2011 5:28:21   
King FrostLich

Speaking of all these so called Field Medic stuff and Tact mercs, I'm really concerned what they're gonna do with the halloween bazookas. They're underpowered and if they were to be made promos, it would be the most ripoff promo that is unless they make it credit cost, non-promo and create a stronger version than the bazookas itself.
Epic  Post #: 55
10/6/2011 5:54:16   
skeletondude

0.o the update sounds good hope there are better weaps than the TLAPD weaps. :)

And they could make a new and stronger version of the Halloween bazooka just like they did to the bunny zookas
AQW Epic  Post #: 56
10/6/2011 5:57:15   
Wootz

@Skeletondood
Bunnyzookas are perma rare. The zooka's you're reffering is Eggzooka.
AQW Epic  Post #: 57
10/6/2011 6:03:08   
skeletondude

^firstly my names not skeletondood it's skeletondude

quote:

And they could make a new and stronger version of the Halloween bazooka just like they did to the bunny zookas

I was saying that for easter since the bunny zookas went rare they had made the egg zookas so they can do the same for Halloween too.read more properly next time

< Message edited by skeletondude -- 10/6/2011 6:05:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 58
10/6/2011 6:14:28   
Wiseman

@Hun Kingq: The field medic change is meant to Nerf heal loop in general, and support overall. It should be impossible to heal 50+ with 17 energy, that kind of heal is unfair and overpowered, especially when fighting Credit players that can't get enough support for a heal like that.

We are making it where you will have to invest points into heal to make it stronger, and since higher level heals cost more energy it wont be easy to heal loop with them. This change does effect all classes, however field medic, and heal loop have been overpowered for a long time.

Think about this, two of the most overpowered builds in the games history (Heal Loop) and (High Support) used heal. Heal Loop usually used a level 1-4 heal that gave about 50+ health back, and support build usually used 1 big heal that gave 60+ health back at level 1-2.

Also at the lower levels, FM can be very overpowered if used in battle multiple times.

We are also adding requirements to the rest of the passive skills, at this time Blood Lust; Shadow Arts; and Deadly Aim all have requirements. After the release Hybrid Armor and Reroute will also have requirements.

Frenzy and Maul will be gaining requirements as well, though the Maul requirement is mainly meant to Nerf strength mercenaries, so it's harder for them to get 2 turn stun-zerk kills (the build is still really strong and can easily 2 turn with max maul).

We have taken into consideration how this change will effect other classes, and I have tested each class using builds that don't rely on Field Medic, all classes preformed fairly well without Field Medic and I think the whole (Mage is effected the most by this, and are now useless) way of thinking is really just perception brought upon by past experience and history. Mage can preform fine without the need of healing consistently and I wouldn't say that if I didn't test it myself.

Anyway we plan to go forward with these changes, and we may adjust some numbers during testing, however they will happen and no amount of negative feedback will stop them from happening. Sometimes balance is a touchy subject, and player disappointment due to certain changes is something we expect, however that's no reason to ignore balance problems, because we know that if players actually try to adapt, they can.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 10/6/2011 6:18:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
10/6/2011 6:15:10   
Wootz

Skeletondood sounds awesome :D
:P
AQW Epic  Post #: 60
10/6/2011 6:22:23   
skeletondude

^hehe can i call u a speedo
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
10/6/2011 6:26:45   
Wootz

Fo' sure! :)
I prefer Wootz, though ;)
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
10/6/2011 6:46:13   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Things have changed from when I said we were planning on buffing the other classes- we DID buff the other classes, and the Tactical Mercenary class is still overpowered.
Post #: 63
10/6/2011 6:53:02   
Wootz

That's true Cindy,
But, when will we get more detailed info about it?
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
10/6/2011 7:50:07   
T.600

@Cindy: In what way did you 'buff' the other classes :P?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
10/6/2011 7:59:50   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@1234: closer to the actual release date.
Post #: 66
10/6/2011 8:29:40   
supermasivo

@Wise with all my respect, "It should be impossible to heal 50+ with 17 energy, that kind of heal is unfair and overpowered, especially when fighting Credit players that can't get enough support for a heal like that."
I think WE varium players "pay" to get that "advantage against a player that never expend a dollar on it... seriously, why a non varium player should get my +50 heal with 17 energy if im full varium fully enhaced too? i pay varium to have an advantage i think... what people think about this?

And seriously im gonna have to change class couse all my weaps are for "5 focus" extreme defense abuse and extreme HP/support... but seriously i think u are playing with us... u make a perfect weapons in TLPD for extreme support abuse and in a few weeks u nerf the FM and support? same with 5 focus, i bought a entire gear to make a massive 5 focus extreme defense build with charfade club and u nerf the robots? i mean... is this some kind of joke?
if u see all players are happy with this update are "BM, TM, BH and CH" have u seen any happy TLM?

Think about this! Ive played against a lot "clever" (not irony) and has powned me really hard couse they play TM BH AND CH really clever... so now, in the past players could beat us easy now with the nerf? we are gonna get pwned everytime, no matter how much varium u got and no matter how much enhacement u got!
i seriously wanna quit if this keep going like this.
And im totally sure u are bothering like 80% of all ur regular players like me and players that every update expend like 10-50 dollars or more like me... ive expend near 300 or more.
and i keep saying THIS IS NOT FAIR! make the other classes stronger but dont touch FM and support... or give us/me back the robot without the 3 turn coldown and extra damage with 5 focus... seriously.

< Message edited by supermasivo -- 10/6/2011 8:39:00 >
Epic  Post #: 67
10/6/2011 8:38:31   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@supermasivo The most I've seen the average support non varium heal for at lvl 1 Field Medic is 40-45. With that much support they easily fall short on defenses or damage from non support methods. Most builds have around 90 hp. 50 heal is over half of there hp. With low hp comes great defenses so it takes awhile to chip away that 50 health someone will be getting every 4 turns for Field Medic. Not to mention that 50 damage gets you 15 energy back from Reroute, just short two energy to heal again. Add in the amazing stat boosts of varium weapons and Hybrid Armor of Tlms and you can pull of heal loop. Varium players paid for an advantage, not an "I win" button.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
10/6/2011 8:44:52   
supermasivo

I pay for and advantage and ive played all classes and i have allways a 95% ratio, is it my problem that player dont know how to use strategy? NO. is my problem that i can buy varium and they cant? NO. and yes, I pay to get fast wins in ALL classes, not only TLMS.
And i really think u have seen 5 focus players with +5lvl of FM that can heal over 50 having 95 hp... have u think this? reroute is to play with low defense couse in that way u can receive a lot of energy back, what is the point of having 30-35 +13 defense even with a max reroute if u never can get the energy to use it anyway?
Dude this is a "kid" game but u have to use more ur head, seriously.

I forgot... If u nerf support build give the extra 20% ignore defense back again then...

< Message edited by supermasivo -- 10/6/2011 8:49:54 >
Epic  Post #: 69
10/6/2011 8:46:06   
drinde

quote:

(Mage is effected the most by this, and are now useless) way of thinking is really just perception brought upon by past experience and history. Mage can preform fine without the need of healing consistently.

Um, you said that they were both useless and can perform well? What is that supposed to mean?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 70
10/6/2011 8:50:05   
TurkishIncubus

quote:

@Cindy: In what way did you 'buff' the other classes :P?

They remove Asim from BM and give reflex ( i call it a nerf :/)

They make Static charge useable with 0 energy and increased % amount also it cant be decreased by oponents defs (they made it awesome :S)

quote:

I find it quite a sad thing that so many people think that they have to change class now the TlM are being nerfed. What that shows to me is that there's a lack of creativity and a lot of people just 'following the herd'. The only difference is, is that you'll now actually have to think, and be a bit more tactically minded to create a good build, like most the other classes. It's your choice if you lack the creativity and feel you have to just switch to the most OP class whenever one is nerfed.
All the classes have some great, strong builds, as quite a few people have found out, just use your imagination and a bit of thought and you can easily do well with any class :)

From my game experience till Beta i can say its been all like this:

Healloop TM (nerfed) > Str BH(nerfed) > Str Merc (nerfed) > Str BH (new classes added) > Supp TLM , see after all nerfs another class is gonna be more stronger so why we stay in a useless class?

and you talk about creativity but you guys put req on every skill so how can we be creative ??? you guys force us to use 5 focus because non of requirements is effecting that build :S , they dont care item reqs + skill reqs :S , give every stat 45 and all enhance on dex - tech and spam robot-aux-heal very creative :P

I can tell that 5 focus TLM is still gonna be in same power ,Max hybrid max reroute , use your energy only for 5-6 Field medic , spam Robot - aux and win everybody

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 10/6/2011 9:06:50 >

Epic  Post #: 71
10/6/2011 9:21:03   
supermasivo

^ True, totally agree we will go back to 5 focus then and spam extreme def and res and robot, aun and win... the inly difference is just we are gonna take like 10 more turns to beat a regular varium player than before... couse 5 focus is obviously a very slow build.
Epic  Post #: 72
10/6/2011 9:21:30   
goldslayer1

well several classes go down in this update
mage who relies on healing to survive
CH who relies on support for massive malf, matrix and heal.
and support tac mercs.

wanna know who isn't affected so much?
Bounty Hunters
Str BH is still capable of doing 90%-95% at a pretty quick rate
i tried smoke mass build and it worked all right.
i tried a smoke cheapshot build and it worked even better.

with frenzy getting a requirement, and maul at the same time
($5 says the req one of the reqs will be support.)
did i mention hybrid and reroute too?
that also puts mage down even more

str tac mercs will diminish and str BH once again will come back to dominate
AQW Epic  Post #: 73
10/6/2011 9:38:12   
supermasivo

^ True this not only gonna nerf support tlms, they gonna nerf a lot tech mages... they rely on matrix support affected...
and true, WHY DONT U TAKE A LOOK TO SA (again) and blocking abuse? nobody complain about that anymore?
and str abuse? not for me couse i can kill all str BH on this servers with my 5 focus build, but if u are so concerned about credit players... what about them? bh era again? joke ryt?

I maybe go back to regular mec again LOOOL!

< Message edited by supermasivo -- 10/6/2011 9:40:27 >
Epic  Post #: 74
10/6/2011 9:40:48   
goldslayer1

the funny thing is
BH gets to be ontop again while frostbite claws come back next december
which then after everyone buys frostbite, BH will be nerfed again.

just like field medic is being nerfed right before all of these support weps come out for tlapd
AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New DN 05/10/2011
Page 3 of 23«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition