Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) Fairy Saga Discussion Thread!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) Fairy Saga Discussion Thread!
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/10/2012 23:25:12   
Mortarion

Well I guess I need to catch up to this, is this all linear Nix, or should i do it from an order

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
3/10/2012 23:58:19   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

The first story is my very first story, so on and so forth from there.....ok Part 4 of the pedia book saga going live now! Hope everyone enjoys their night and tomorrow...I'll tell you what I'll do the finale as well!

But I suppose from start to finish would be from My backstory....to the very top with mogloween and then from there continue. Yes my beginning stories were terrible....but I'd like to think they've gotten better!

< Message edited by Stephen Nix -- 3/11/2012 0:02:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
3/11/2012 0:17:55   
Mortarion

Well we all gotta start at some point Nix, will get to reading htem tomorrow
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
3/11/2012 16:12:14   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

Well well well, two chapters in two days, impressive.

Liked the puzzle idea, not many try that. For the water part, just one question: why didn't Shadow and/or Raven fly to their pieces? I mean before the water started rising. And why is Nix trapped in the book? And everyone is so kind to Alanna... she isn't that much shorter than us, right? Ah snaketongue, my villain. Nice to see him again- guessing he's there to rattle Shadow, as I don't see him doing anything.

So the four have to split up, peachy. And nix, you don't have a barrier in front of your throne? Are you that cocky? Tuo teg...? So Raven can't fly over the walls... and I guess the zap made flying under the forcefield and over lava a no go. Nice Shadow, brave Paladin getting scared by a ghost... and there exits Worma, nice knowin ya. And that was a cheap trick... you shall not pass, where do I know that phrase? And the darkness pally wins against the undead pally... never thought I'd say that. And yay, I got the first key. Tempting Fate, so wise... and Raven really lucked out getting eric. And guthix got the easiest fight... and he hates galongoth calling him guthix, but me saying guth gets no response? So Shadow and Alanna are the plan girls it seems... and Cysero melts. Awww, Alanna and Raven are so cute! Killy Willy, of course, ultimate in annoying penguins. And once again the girls save the day.... Nice try Alanna, and Nix, get a barrier. Or 50 guards, that works... and ahh, bad pun.

Some things I noticed: 1) The characters appearance isn't fully explained. There's a bit, but unless you read their stories, you can't tell what they look like, and I have no idea what form Shadow is in. The height thing kinda showed this- I thought everyone was a few inches between each other.

And Shadow is a punmaster, thanks. Guess she inherited Artix's sense of humor.

Think thats it, keep it up Nix.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
3/11/2012 16:53:05   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

quote:

why didn't Shadow and/or Raven fly to their pieces?

Therril did after seeing that Alanna got hurt. But originally he didn't think he needed to.

quote:

And why is Nix trapped in the book?

Because as you see him struggle for control over the book, he can't open the smaller book. The smaller book is the control over the entire book, and Nix can't find the correct spell to open it...

quote:

she isn't that much shorter than us, right?

Actually she is quite shorter than you guys are! She asked for that in her appearance....

quote:

And nix, you don't have a barrier in front of your throne? Are you that cocky?

HAHA! Well imagine a Colosseum just like how they were built back in the day with the Romans! That's pretty much the effect i was going for!

quote:

Nice Shadow, brave Paladin getting scared by a ghost...

Everyone has their moments...

quote:

and he hates galongoth calling him guthix, but me saying guth gets no response?

O man you do? I need to find that and correct it!

quote:

1) The characters appearance isn't fully explained.

I agree with you, I need to go over the story once it's all finished and add these odds and ends things to the story!

Glad you like it! I'm almost done the final part!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
3/11/2012 17:52:22   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

quote:

Stephen Nix: In the end there are four little would be heroes that want to try and save the world? I'm not scared of you fools! Next round...your mine!

quote:

Razor: *holds his nodachi up high and in striking position* YOUR GOING DOWN!

you're/YOU'RE or you are/YOU ARE

quote:

she picks up the head and uses her last bit of paladin energy and throws it at Artix

What exactly do you mean by this? Divine light magic? Sense of honour and justice? The motivation that good always prevails?

The next chapter looks promising the way it's looking now.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 31
3/11/2012 20:40:38   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Just as you said Dwelling! Divine light magic! That's the best way she wanted me to describe it in the story!

Ok I have just thrown on the final parts of Therril's, Alanna's, Shadow's, and Razor's story! I hope you guys enjoyed this one! I know I did!

Lastly as Shadow pointed out I have a few flaws. With that being sad for the course of the weeks to come...I'll probably go over the story has a whole with a "tooth and comb."

I'm going to add character detail liek she said and try to describe situations a bit more!

Examples: How Nix started the Colosseum, why cant he open the book, why does razor act like a dragon while fighting, and try to go in a bit more detail about the challenges....

Don't expect major details changed, the jest of the story s there and will forever stay that way!

Thanks again, and Read On!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
3/11/2012 21:16:10   
Mortarion

Read your backstory and I like it, well done Stephen *tips hat to you and makes a small bow*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
3/12/2012 2:53:03   
megakyle777

Muhahahahaha! I did not do the puzzle Nix! And there is nothing you can do to stop me! NOTHING!

Anyways, I like this story quite a bit.
DF  Post #: 34
3/12/2012 22:03:54   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

*thought bubble hovers over her head, showing Nix launching angry birds penguins at the hero's hideout*

Loved the last part, had me laughing out loud XD Well done Nix, as always :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
3/14/2012 9:23:02   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Nice work Nix, I really liked the story :)
The humour was good it had some (short) but nice fight scenes (too bad Therril never even tried to fight eric, is he that much of a coward?)
I loved the teamwork as well :D

I can't wait for your next story
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
4/4/2012 22:42:13   
Dragonman

I love these stories.... I haven't read any of them in a while though... Imma reread them

Also this is an official feel free to add me in any story you wish!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
5/30/2012 23:04:29   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Things for me to work on in the future: In the last story I need to describe characters a bit more! and a few things that were pointed out on this thread.

Also news: New story is out! APR's Backstory Part 1!

Below: Added

< Message edited by Stephen Nix -- 5/30/2012 23:43:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
5/30/2012 23:25:07   
Mortarion

Hey Nix, not to pressure you, but if you had a To DO list, in wichplase would be hte CWN story?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
5/31/2012 7:01:38   
Kinzdor

I feel flattered to be in one of Nix`s story's. Nix has a knank for writing his stories have the right balance of seriousness and comedy. Also being a Greek mytho buff I loved the Phoenix references. Though how could they have GREEK History class, if the story takes place on Lore?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
5/31/2012 9:56:36   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

When I started reading this story I was expecting to see the character from BustiReki's background story, a gloomy deathknight. I certainly did not expect to see them depicted as three "idiot heroes" (which are surprisingly the incorruptible and invincible heroes).

quote:

BustichiaReki: Yea, it was the Pheonix I believe.

Phoenix

@kinzvlle: I stopped in amazement too once I read about that. Sadly I cannot phantom why Lorians would learn about that.

@Stephen Nix: May I ask you what resources you used for the Phoenix? I've read accounts on the mythological bird being in Egypt and even in China (or Eastern Europe when you count similair creatures), but never in Greece and I'd love to read it if you still know where you found it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 41
5/31/2012 11:48:43   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Kinz: Np! Glad you liked it.

Dwelling: Couple of things.... first the information is from wiki so if it's wrong I'm in the wrong also from one of my students English poetry class, just wish I could remember the name of it...2nd remember this is even before he becomes a deathknight......who knows what lies on the horizon!

They are just teenagers....don't worry time will pass and you will see these three evolve hugely.

Thanks for the correction, I'll add it soon.

Lastly about the Greek Class....I really don't have an explanation for that. It's just what came to mind I suppose. I could be persuaded to call it something else if you would like.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
5/31/2012 16:40:19   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@Stephen Nix: Which wiki? I looked it up on Wikipedia and I only found two mythological figures, neither came even close to the myth of the phoenix bird. I do know the Greeks documented a lot of myths of the Egyptians, so that's an option if you can tell me where you found it. I love to read on mythical creatures, so if you do find the source on that let me know (in this thread if possible).

I can understand they're young, but usually there's one person who is serious most of the time. All of them seem a bit goofy at times though.

On the Greek Class, we're in a fantasy setting. You could make it a legend or story they've heard about when they were little or a poem during their *cough* poetry class.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 43
5/31/2012 16:46:27   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Excellent let me pull up the wiki..... Here. Oh boy, I think I said things on here not much was used though. Still can't remember the name of that book....really irritates me. I know you love getting the background checks in order and I'm ashamed I don't have this one......

Legend...now that sounds better, I'll make changes to this when I get the chance! Thank you Dwelling!

I got a comment from Sainsbo that he thinks his character is the serious one, which is what I was going for. So perhaps you se things differently and that's ok. Don't worry in part 2 Reki does a complete 180...serious Reki I CHOOSE YOU!!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
7/19/2012 12:48:59   
Dragonman

On your newest story lots of things made me laugh. It was really good, but at the risk of sounding Narcissistic this was my favorite part

quote:

Dooms: I'm dead, family was murdered, I'm partially undead from my left side and my right side is full of cyborg technology! I seek revenge for my lost family and have heard rumors that the evil pyromancer works for Wargoth. This pyromancer has sealed me away from my home and my friends and left me stranded here on L.O.R.E. fighting for my life.....I will one day return home with the head of the evil being in my cold dead hands.
All: O.O
dragonman66: Yea.....I'm running for mayor! Beat that!

I lol'ed A lot. Also , thank you for making me the comic relief character! I can't wait for part 2.

Also I re-read some of your older stories and realized I was in the first one. How did I forget that?

Anyway, awesome story! I can't wait for part 2!

EDIT: Part 2 was awesome. The fight scenes were really well described and of course the well timed humor.

Part 3 I will get you!

< Message edited by dragonman66 -- 8/2/2012 21:44:25 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 45
9/16/2012 21:17:27   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Did I just kill off a hero in a story?

Read Part two of the APR Backstory to find out!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
9/17/2012 6:39:02   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

*Cracks knuckles.*

quote:

Months had passed and several changes underwent Osprey Cove isle as well as the A Phoenix Risen villa.

Do you mean Sho'Nuff or Osprey Cove?

quote:

Stelios: I don't know but ever sense that last mission, he's been acting differently...anyways, let's help out those knights and get going!

since

quote:

She then pulls out a small crystal and throws it towards the sneevils. As they are now distracted by the shiny green crystal she then turns to the three and says...

I don't get it, why would Sneevils be distracted by a gem? All they care about is boxes.

quote:

Sainsbo: Excuse me miss, but what is your name? We never got it when you saved our hides back there.

They needed help with Sneevils?

quote:

Veranex: Sorry I did forget that<> didn't I?

forgot, comma

quote:

Sainsbo: *nods* Your right, thinking of where to go initially set us off track.

You're

quote:

The area is now set ablaze and we need help trying to find survivors......please A Phoenix Risen, your our only hope!

you're/you are

quote:

Sainsbo: We can help you! Do you have any idea where the DeathKnight ritual will be held?
TitanDragonlord: I do! Whenever your ready. *gets up slowly* Let's do this!

Wouldn't it make more sense for Shadows (he who knows all places on Lore) to know of its location?

quote:

Stelios: I have a feeling were walking into a trap!

we're/we are

quote:

BustichiaReki: The ritual is complete! NO! Were too late!

We're/We are

quote:

Raider 6: We sacrifice our blood, for yours! All Mighty, Warlord!

All Raiders(?), Almighty

quote:

He throws his blade towards the heroes and as the duck out of the way and he starts to rush towards it

they

That'd be all. Nice touch on the framing part.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 47
9/17/2012 14:44:18   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Got them all thanks DD!

Couple things, wouldn't shadows know the location...true he would be sense Titan seems to be more aware of the situation it was best I placed him there.

As for the sneevil problem, they were about to be clobbered with boxes, so yes their hides were saved!

Sneevil distracted by gem, of course sure they love boxes but a glowing gem...why not.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
11/19/2012 15:35:58   
Highlord Sendai

Not sure if this is classed as Bumping or not, if so, sorry.

But wow, it's been a while. Great stuff you've got going on Nix, I'll have to re-read it all.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 49
11/19/2012 16:20:37   
Hopeful Guy

Hope Upbringer! (DragonFable)

Reminds me, Nix. Weren't you going to do a TCG backstory? :P
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) Fairy Saga Discussion Thread!
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition