Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Fantastic Disscusion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> The Fantastic Disscusion Thread
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/7/2011 22:27:08   
Master K

The story.

I shall give you a rundown on this:

This is a short story I wrote for a little ongoeing series of mine. I posted three first because currently it is the best, and most finished story in the series. I know my fluency and all that may be a little sketchy, but hey, it was a story I wrote a year ago.

I have it fully written, and will edit in chapters as I go.

Please go easy on me with your commentary. I was nervous to post this up in the first place.

< Message edited by mrbk -- 10/7/2011 23:39:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/7/2011 23:38:17   
Glais

Link's broken, just goes to a page that let's us post.
DF MQ  Post #: 2
10/7/2011 23:39:55   
Master K

Whoops, fixed!

EDIT: I finally finished the story...

< Message edited by mrbk -- 10/7/2011 23:47:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/11/2011 3:39:50   
Argeus the Paladin

First question first: What do you intend the end product to be? A serious work of fantasy fiction, or a comedic satire? From the first few posts, I see that it could go either way, which is a worrying sign. Please tell me your intention so that I could help you accordingly.

Looking forward to your answer.
DF  Post #: 4
10/12/2011 20:18:59   
Master K

A serious work of fantasy fiction, or satire?

It is intended to be fantasy fiction, but with my characters, it can go either way. I'll rundown the characters...

Kodi: The original hero from The Fantastic Journey story. He is a little cold in the story, but he swoops in to save the day in this story.

Brandon: The hero from the second story onwards. He is moderatly serious, but he's not exactly perfect. He is afraid, to an extent, like Kelsey, but not as bad as her.

Kelsey: The hero from this story. She is the most...well, comedic character, to put it in terms. She is afraid of a lot of things, and will make jokes, but occasionally rises to the occasion when it comes to the fighting.

Jake: The dragon. He starred with Brandon in the second story. In the first, he wasn't much. He's generally serious when it comes to things. In the third story, he likes to make jokes on Kelsey's behalf.

Aelia: The princess of the realm, and the most serious person in the story. She will rarely, however, make a little joke once in awhile.

The reason it might come off satirical is because the three main heroes (Kelsey, Brandon and Kodi) are based off me and my friends. I tried to be as honest as I could with it, which is why it might come off as satire.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> The Fantastic Disscusion Thread
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition