Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(MQ) A Mech Quest Tale

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> MechQuest >> (MQ) A Mech Quest Tale
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/8/2011 13:26:24   
Dragonlord John!

I wrote this story back before MQ was actually released, it had been announced, and the night before it was due to come out, I posted this story. The games release was delayed (for almost a week I think) which gave me time to correct the story. For those who may remember the old days of the forums, back when you could join the writers (or something like that) if your Original Writing got approved, this was my first work to be approved and allowed me to use said forum. I recently was looking through my old computer's files and stumbled across it once again, as such I thought it would be great to post it again, un-edited, to allow people to see what my image of MQ was back in those days and how my writing style has developed.

You must remember, all we knew about MechQuest was that it involved Mech's, at that time the Devourer was not fully known, for all we knew he was a powerful villain, rather than what he turned out to be in AQ. As such take the following with a pinch of salt.

Link to discussion thread.
-----------------------------------

A Mech Quest Tale
The Royal Mechs Last Stand

Warlic stood over the old scroll that had appeared at his feet only a few moments ago, he picked up the dusty old parchment and opened it, the title read as follows:

The account of the final battle from the last surviving Mech pilot Dragonflame John. This was written in memory of all Royal Mechs who died in this battle and saved us from the devourer. Other parts of the story where told to us after the battle by the small dragons that piloted the Mech Hunters.

As Warlic read his eyes widened as he realised that he was reading the only surviving account that shed light on the powerful Mechs who lived over 4,000 years before this time. These writings where very important and Warlic read on:

This first part was written by Dragonflame John the last surviving Royal Mech.
The last of the Royal Mechs stood around there fallen King. Lasers locked on, Spitters powered up and Light Blades drawn, they were determined to fight and they where ready. The first lines of the evil Mech Hunters advanced and where struck by the full force and fury of the defiant Roil Mechs. Lasers burnt holes in there lines, Spitters blasted them with plasma bombs sending sinister hulking Mech Hunters flying. Then the hunters where among the Royals with blazing plasma torches melting the very metal of the Royals, but they where forced back by the Light Blades, which flashed in the newly risen sun, as they easily cut into the Hunters. As quickly as it had started it was over the Royals had survived the first wave but many more would come!

Warlic looked up, it was getting dark, he lit a small candle and continued reading by the flickering yellow glow.

The second part was written from the info gained from a Mech Hunter prisoner.
The Devourer watched as the Royal Mechs survived wave after wave of Hunters, never tiring never showing any weak points, for they knew to well that if they did the Mech Hunters would pounce on the opportunity to break there line and they would fall! He knew he was needed, he knew he must crush the race of men and Roils even if his army couldn’t, he could and he would.
A shadow crossed onto the battle field, the Hunters moved away. A dark mist lurched forward with strange tendrils lashing out in front of the huge hulking claws that looked like one blow would tear five Mechs to shreds. Above the mist was a head with eyes that seemed to glow blood red burning like a furnace, horns that where like a rams and a mouth, a mouth that looked like it would consume all, the Devourer gave out a raw and charged forward.

Who was this Devourer that the tale told of? That and other questions where running through Warlics mind as he finished reading that section. But sure that he would find the answer he pressed on.

The third part was dictated by Dragonflame John to his closest friend who put it into this more historic version than just facts.
Chaos was all around the Royal Mechs where in disarray the tendrils where lifting Royals and throwing them to there doom or worse lifting them to that great dark mouth where all life died and casting the poor Mech in to the gaping hole never to be seen again. But some Mechs, led by there new leader Dragonflame John, attacked leaping onto the tendrils and cutting them or ascending from them to attack the body of the beast. Even so the battle was being lost and darkness would surely enshroud them. But Dragonflame John mustering all the strength that his Mech possessed charged for one last attack, he leaped onto one tendril and slashing at it, but before it fell he launched himself again this time at the mouth, the source of the dark power and struck it with the Light Blade piercing the dark hole he had found the Devourer’s vulnerable point choking that beasts seemingly endless might. The beast toppled over sending the on looking Mech Hunters fleeing for there lives.
The Royal Mechs surrounded the Devourer, all but Dragonflame John who was checking for the wounded but had only found the dead. He looked back to see the other Mechs waiting around the dying Devourer. Then in a scornful voice their fallen enemy spoke, “Fools I can not be beaten. I will reform in 5,000 years and return to finish this war!”

One startled Royal shouted, “And we will be ready!” but the words that answered made the air seem to turn bitter, “I don’t think so.”

But the words that answered made the air seem to turn bitter; “I don’t think so.” And with that he unleashed the Mega Virus instantly shutting down the Mechs next to him and then lashed out with the last of his strength destroying them including the pilots. The worst was still to come as the Mega virus spread like a wave shutting down all Mechs on the globe, good and evil alike. With a unearthly cackle the Devourer disappeared, so that all that was left was that dark mist.
Dragonflame John jumped out of his lifeless Mech running over to his dead companions, he was the last, he was alone and he must somehow, even now, begin the preparations for the return of the Devourer. He must unite the pilots and crush the dragons and have peace and a peace in which the united races have time to create weapons that will be able to stop the beast once and for all and ensure the safety of future generations.

Warlic turned over the page and saw that on the back of the parchment was a little more writing.

With the last power of our dragon flame we send through the doorways of time this urgent message to you our descendants. Make ready your armies and your weapons because in five years from your time he will return. But be warned he may have communicated with the powers of darkness and doom still at work in the shadows in your own age. If this is the case be sure you are ready. It is up to you now. Good Luck!

Warlic jumped up. He must warn King Alteon and the Guardians immediately. They must prepare. But who can stand up to such a titan?

A man stould on the top of a hill over looking the forist of Oaklore. The wind blew his hair into his deep brown eyes, as he scaned the nature around him. Nothing but the birds singing could be heard. He pushed the hair out of his eyes again and sighed, if only Lore was always like this. A noise sounded. A sord of raw. The man looked up, what was that. It came again lowder now, closer. He drew his silver blade and ran to the side of the hill. As he reached it a vast, red dragon arose. Panic raced through the hero as he prepeared to fight. This was his lucky day he thought. Little did he know that it would be.

By Dragonlord John
~DLJ~

< Message edited by Dragonlord John! -- 1/21/2012 5:23:52 >
DF MQ  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> MechQuest >> (MQ) A Mech Quest Tale
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition