Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: TLMs: Still the Beginner Class?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: TLMs: Still the Beginner Class?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/13/2011 20:44:03   
Midnightsoul

actually, if i am right...the skill tree will be changed later too. also, didn't they say as to keep dissapointment from recycled moves from the new classes, they will make a whole new skill tree for the new classes some time.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
10/14/2011 11:32:48   
ScarletReaper

I am so tired of having to tell people this, but tac mercs aren't TOTALLY overpowered. Do they have some advantages? Yes, but they are still beatable by an intelligent person with a smart build. Add to that the nerfing they are about to get, and they won't be a strong class pretty soon.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
10/14/2011 12:27:40   
PivotalDisorder

2 pages discussing a class that will change in the next few weeks. seems a bit pointless. wouldn't it be more constructive to post in the balance topic,
so the actual balance team will see the positive ideas ? or wait to see what the changes are to the tactical merc skill tree ?

I presume a few weeks is still a long time and it IS worth discussing :)

well Ill contribute anyway. Hybrid armor effectively gives 50+ stat points that any other class would have to sink into dex to have equal defence. it
doesn't make any sense as a skill. how is giving 50+ stats AND equal defence ever gonna be fair ? the argument was, mercs get hybrid because they
have no debuff for def/res. well Tac mercs have smoke screen and blood mages do not have anything. so what is the problem with giving Hybrid to
blood mages and taking it from tac mercs ?

ofc it would be overpowered right...but hey, tac mercs are happy with it right and many players actually say its balanced, so would be just as balanced
if blood mages had it and tac mercs didnt. any other class with hybrid would be OP but not tac mercs? the logic is flawed but it isn't my logic. I am just
pointing it out. that is the main reason why I feel Hybrid armor should be removed completely, and a new debuff created for mercs and blood mages.

got no workable ideas for a debuff at the moment though. think it would be too powerful to have one that stacked with smoke screen or malfunction.
Post #: 28
10/14/2011 12:54:38   
frogbones
Banned

50 stat points, psi? I was about to do the number-crunching on that yesterday, but I had an ADD moment and forgot about it.

If max HA is the equivalent of 50 stat points, then daaa-yung man! Glaring oversight, anyone? And btw, Tac Mercs can have a debuff---it's called Assault Bot.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
10/14/2011 13:06:45   
PivotalDisorder

121 dex gives 33-40 defence. My tac merc has 74 dexterity [45+enhancements] and 23-28 defence +12 (hybrid armor)

that is a difference of 47 dex and 2 defence at the low end.

now those points might be worth more or less to you, depending on what you spend them on, due to diminishing returns. so even with the 42 dex requirement,
Hybrid is still stupidly powerful and IMHO, gamebreaking. you never see any level 33 mercs without max hybrid.

PS: assault bot is a debuff debuff :) and any class can have it lol

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/14/2011 13:11:21 >
Post #: 30
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: TLMs: Still the Beginner Class?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition