Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DN 13/10/2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DN 13/10/2011
Page 4 of 17«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/14/2011 19:59:46   
bobbyhonkers

^is That for sure?
Post #: 76
10/14/2011 19:59:51   
frogbones
Banned

Here we go again .... for the 176th time ....
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 77
10/14/2011 20:01:27   
hardcore59

this was 2 hrs ago fromcharfade
quote:

Everyone is on the ED dev server testing the release! ^_^ here's hoping to easy bug squashing!

so hopefully they can finish up and start the update at around 9 or so
CHOP CHOP
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 78
10/14/2011 20:01:33   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

^Sorry, everyone has logged of Dev now.

The update is being pushed to monday.

@Bobby,

I was testing it a few minutes ago and retrain revamp has a really long way to go.

< Message edited by Holiday Practel -- 10/14/2011 20:02:07 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
10/14/2011 20:01:55   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Nightwraith
Curses! 12+ hours and we've still got a long way to go on retrain revamp. Release Monday!
6 minutes ago from web
AQ Epic  Post #: 80
10/14/2011 20:03:02   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

quote:

PractelAE

Release cant happen tonight guys! Retrain Revamp has a while to go!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
10/14/2011 20:07:02   
Joe10112

Monday Release?

Will Harvest Stuff release today? IDC about Training right now, I'd like new weps and quests out today, training on monday...

But whatever.

Maybe ED should stop being a friday release and start being a monday release o.O
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
10/14/2011 20:07:10   
Adam in Wonderland
Banned

Please allow me to repost what I wrote just 4 days ago...

"There was a time, long ago, where I used to care very deeply for this game. I would look upon the update days with great excitement and hope. But, you see, there was a recurring problem. Time and time again, this would happen. Another broken promise, another let down. This would happen more often then not, sadly. Update days would be announced and for some reason or another (excuse) it would be delayed. What's funny is, they even delay the delays! For example, today. Update was announced to be Friday, then Monday, and now, late Monday night, still no update.
When someone continues to lie to you, break their word, their promise, it can really cause you to become jaded, to become weary of any and all things said. From a business stand point, this behavior is highly unproffesional to say the least. A large portion of their loyal core of players are paying customers. This is how they are treated and have been since the game's inception. They often do not have the courtesy to inform us of the latest news, which is the least they could do in these situations. It's tragic.
My heart goes out to the players who still care. Maybe those who have not been around long enough to know this is the normal way of things here. Sad but true."

Does anyone notice a pattern here? Wow. Unbelievable. It's not an exception to have a release delayed but the NORM. Seriously, EVERY week. Same thing, same sorry excuses.
Post #: 83
10/14/2011 20:09:45   
frogbones
Banned

EDIT: We need more of those ^ posts.

I will never understand these guys: You set a release for Wednesday, then push it back to Friday, and then again push it back to Monday.

Are you that disconnected from your own "progress" on the releases that you have absolutely ZERO idea when they'll be finished?

It's just mind-blowing how far off the mark you guys really are.

Again and again and again and .................

< Message edited by frogbones -- 10/14/2011 20:13:23 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 84
10/14/2011 20:23:51   
Nexus...

^

Both of you took the words right out of my mouth. Its really sad what I have witnessed this game become. Week after week there is some sorry excuse that we don't get until the end of the day after waiting for 9 hours straight. Of course I don't wait anymore, I don't really even play this game anymore, but to everyone who does I apologize on behalf of the developers. Obviously they don't have enough self awareness to do so. Week after week all of you sit here and watch as things are delayed, and promises of "results" are turned into further promises that will never really be met. This business model is absolutely horrid, as the prices are outrageous, the balance of the game hasn't been going even remotely in the right direction since beta(ish), the developers rarely keep the community informed, and almost always fail to meet their deadlines or produce tangible results. Its the sad truth. I won't put anybody down who denies it, because a couple months from now you'll be saying to yourself "This has been going on far to long" and you won't even know the half of it.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 85
10/14/2011 20:25:10   
drinde

Meh, so update still ain't on?

Oh well.

Hope it doesn't take up PWR HR time.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 86
10/14/2011 20:37:22   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

To all of you disappointed- I know you're disappointed, and we hate delays even more than you do, but I also know that you would be just as angry and likely to ragequit (or even moreso) if we released an update that was on time (or even early) but had a game-breaking or persistent bug. When updates are delayed, it's not because we love playing with you and making you wait, but because there's something that needs more time and care.

The reason we're not sending out ETA's throughout the day is because we're usually dependent completely on Titan, and if he doesn't have a guarantee, he doesn't want to announce the time.
Post #: 87
10/14/2011 20:46:40   
frogbones
Banned

quote:

we hate delays even more than you do, but I also know that you would be just as angry and likely to ragequit (or even moreso) if we released an update that was on time (or even early) but had a game-breaking or persistent bug.

Nothing against you, Cindy, but this all bs. If the devs hated delays as much as I do, THERE WOULDN'T BE DELAYS.

And the part about releasing an update with bugs, not true at all, either. If the devs released an on-time update (which at this point is a fictional statement), I think most of us would be happy because, although buggy, it would show a degree of punctuality, competentcy, and trust that has been blatantly missing from this game for a long time now.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 88
10/14/2011 20:47:32   
Nexus...

@Cindy

Why announce a day at all if you can't produce tangible results a week after the originally designated date? Makes no sense to me. You can tell us an "expected day" but then leave us hanging that entire day, only for us to find that the release will be monday, when really you can't even get it done by monday and you end up telling us friday, but it turns out you are so bad with time management that you can't even get it done by then? Seems pretty ridiculous to me. If you can't get it done, don't announce it. Stop bating us with false promises, that while unintentional, are still perceived as misinformation. What you never seem to get is that this happens every single week, and you never do anything about it or even acknowledge it! I believe you when you say "We hate it just as much as you do", but if that statement was really true, then your timing problems would have been fixed months ago, and I would expect that you (the admins, not you specifically) would be professional about informing your player base.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing...This is still a "testing phase" isn't it? I was informed we were here to test your game, find its bugs, report them and get them resolved. I don't know how a few bugs would cause me to rage quit when that is what I was told to expect. On the contrary delayed releases means less content, as well as less features, and an unhappy community as almost every delayed release is an "unexpected one" (according to you/the admins), as routine as they have become.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 10/14/2011 21:06:02 >
Epic  Post #: 89
10/14/2011 20:50:37   
drinde

Why not increase every expected update's date with a few day, so if it's buggy, you can fix it, if it's not, everyone gets a surprise? Win-Win, IMO.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 90
10/14/2011 20:52:40   
Fay Beeee

May be it would be less stressful for all if it was done this way?

This is what we are going to release (pictures of Items etc.) When it is ready - no date or time. :)

It is 1.52 am So I will check tomorrow.
Good night all :)

Epic  Post #: 91
10/14/2011 20:52:57   
Hun Kingq

I say release it anyway especially if it is a bug on the tact mercs side so they could have a bug for once.
Epic  Post #: 92
10/14/2011 21:04:31   
frogbones
Banned

@ Fay:

Why must we treat them like high school interns? The devs are professionals making money off us!

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 93
10/14/2011 21:10:40   
Hotairballoons

No one here is paying for a membership, varium and creds don't dissapear. If you can't find something to do in the meantime go outside. Enjoy that thing called sunlight. If you want to complain try doing a major release with 3 staff members. Time to get a life people, it's a fun game, but still a game, 'nuff said.
-play the aqw update in the meantime

< Message edited by Hotairballoons -- 10/14/2011 21:11:37 >
MQ  Post #: 94
10/14/2011 21:16:18   
T.600

Enjoy the AQW 3rd Birthday Event Guys! http://www.aq.com/
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
10/14/2011 21:30:17   
Xx_W10F3_Xx

i have to say i am a little bummed out that there was no update today but i hope that we at least get some previews of some weapons or the halloween/harvest themed armor over the weekend
Post #: 96
10/14/2011 21:37:05   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

quote:

Will Harvest Stuff release today? IDC about Training right now, I'd like new weps and quests out today, training on monday...

Sorry guys, but doing partial releases like this isn't possible, especially since retraining is in a half-finished state at the moment. Titan can't simply take parts of the release that are working and remove the ones that aren't ready yet, like retrain in this case. That alone would be a lot of wasted manhours.

quote:

Oh, one more thing...This is still a "testing phase" isn't it? I was informed we were here to test your game, find its bugs, report them and get them resolved. I don't know how a few bugs would cause me to rage quit when that is what I was told to expect. On the contrary delayed releases means less content, as well as less features, and an unhappy community as almost every delayed release is an "unexpected one" (according to you/the admins), as routine as they have become.

Well that philosophy is generally alright when it comes to small bugs, or typos but the problem right now is a non-functional training system. If someone were to level up, retrain or change class, they wouldn't be able to apply their skills and stat points. That would leave a large group of players with an unplayable game until we got that fixed. I don't think anyone wants to deal with that over the weekend. In this case, it's much better that the release was held up until the retrain system is working.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
10/14/2011 21:40:09   
Hun Kingq

Rainaka, I know all of that information but many times I had a lot more dex then the Bounty Hunter of the same level he still blocked over 50% of the time while I did not block once and that was without smoke. I had max reflex boost on one time and still not block against a same level Bounty Hunter with lower Dex so there is a huge miss calculation within the program code itself. I was waiting for the new training system to try it out not to retrain because I could retrain at any time like I tell others look at my 2vs2 wins and tell me if I have any trouble? I have low tech the tact mercs get 40 damage I have high tech with Energy Armor the tact merc gets 40 damage with the energy Aux and with the same high tech higher than a tech mage in one battle he got 50 damage with the Plasma Bolt so something is seriously wrong with the Blood Mage class and if other players that playing the Blood mage do not notice something is wrong then they are just using only one build and not trying different ones like I am.

If something is wrong I have the right to complain before the update and after the update.
Epic  Post #: 98
10/14/2011 21:45:51   
Minus123

quote:

play the aqw update in the meantime

I quit that game partly because they keep re-releasing f2p rares, so even if you were present at the 1st halloween event, there was really no difference in the items except the year you got it. (Which is bs to me, since who goes to char pages for an item they see all the time) Oddly enough, my most prized possession in that game was from the devs mistake, making dark wolf a f2p item.

Anyway, I do go out and get fresh air, but when I get home I feel like playing one of my favorite games, EpicDuel. But I find out that a release was pushed back again, and it just ruins my whole day, as I've been looking forward to it for a week.

So I say if you can't release weekly, release every 2 weeks. Atleast then theres more time to squish bugs, and players can actually experience the release the day they're expecting it.
Post #: 99
10/14/2011 21:47:19   
goldslayer1

@Minus
it use to be every 2 weeks before because of their lack of staff members
AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DN 13/10/2011
Page 4 of 17«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition