Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: AE Red Headed Step Child - ED

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: AE Red Headed Step Child - ED
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/15/2011 23:12:09   
DeathGuard

Compared to others, they look way better, the others look actually pathetic, for me they're being jealous, jsut saying . Also I would help ED pay their servers if they broke, and wait until they can stand again by themselves, I wish ED move on from AE.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
10/15/2011 23:59:35   
BlueKatz

Wow... not this kind of thread again.... Seriously is anyone here understand how AE work and actually played other AE game and join the community beside ED?

Ok... if you don't. I will have to explain this step by step.
First, AQW a bigger game have nothing to do with "AE focus more on AQW". If you play AQW long enough, you will know how suck it is (ask some AQW former players here like goldslayer or something) it's freaking imbalanced and money rip-off then ED. The amount of staffs in AQW is reduced also and the number of players is reducing while AE is now making is 2 new games. Just be quite and realize we are on the same boat.

Second, you guys don't even realize how many staffs AQW and ED have. ED has Charfade, Cinderella, Hudelf, Nightwraith, Titan. 5 Staff, 3 CODERS (Nightwraith is more about art I think), 1 helper and 1 Artist.
Ok now look at AQW. Dage and Me (something) 2 Artists, Cy and Yo and Minimal (something) can be considered as 2 Coders because Cysero suck and Minimal work part time no one know if he still work anymore. Alina (Helper) and J6 (Animator) Samba and stantro (something). Ok AQW has 9 Staffs, but in fact about the effective? 2 Coder, 1 Animator, 2 Artist and 1 Helper. The rests are inactive or do bug report (They don't even fix the bug wth???). 6 People for a 20 time bigger game (note they have to handed the lag and server problem) and you guys still complain.
Behind the screen staffs don't work on AQW anymore if you ask (Zhoom, Artix....etc)
You wanna know how the other games staff? I bet you don't.

Third, about Art and Coding. ED is coded by non AE, no offense but it's different code, and it's not like everyone can help them make that because it will take a while to learn and take forever to understand and take _____ to code it right. Not to mention, no offense, ED code is way more complex than other AE game code it take LONGER to code (the reaSON FOR DELAY).
Then the art. Seriously do you know each items in ED has animation (like the put on/off animation when you use it). ED's weapons are 10 TIMES harder to make compare to simple pieces of junk in AQW. OF COURSE we can't have release as big as AQW if you want items. And then, don't you think it's stupid when we release 20 items in ED then people just take 3-4 "the best"?

There are some ther point but I forgot. But anyways, ED is good as it is. If AE can't even hand AQW (as 1st point, AQW suck now) how can they help ED? You guys must also know what's the different between ED and other AE game. It's slower, but for a good reason. We have enough staffs and enough resource to solve the problem, and it depend on ED staffs, don't blaming other because you don't know the fact
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
10/16/2011 1:06:07   
PivotalDisorder

@Matgon: their are many reasons AQW has more players. it is a fashion show, it has quests, you can just do NPCs and bosses if you like, has a party system, it is cuter etc

@Bluekatz: messy post but good nonetheless +1

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/16/2011 1:08:38 >
Post #: 28
10/16/2011 1:15:59   
dasfbx

What do you have against red heads and step children, pffft!
Post #: 29
10/16/2011 1:19:13   
PivotalDisorder

he doesn't have a problem with red heads, or step children, he has a problem with red headed step children :) very specific hehe
Post #: 30
10/16/2011 2:08:49   
SouL Prisoner

dont hve sufficient staff !!!! the root of the prob is the staff .

and dont give the sht , AE has to pay them ,so they cant get more staff !! AE is getting enormous amount of money ever day !! no other gaming company (online gaming ) makes so much cash , NO1 !!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
10/16/2011 2:12:08   
BlueKatz

quote:

and dont give the sht , AE has to pay them ,so they cant get more staff !! AE is getting enormous amount of money ever day !! no other gaming company (online gaming ) makes so much cash , NO1 !!!!

Oh then it must be ED staffs fault not using their own money to hire new staffs
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
10/16/2011 2:16:28   
Midnightsoul

througj my experiences and stuff like that, i find artix one of the most selfish leading game designer of all time. just look back at what he did and then u would know. the delayed updates and the falling games are really...because of artix...THERE SHOULD BE A NEW LEADER!!! D:<
u know what he also did? a pointless rhing called changing the name from battleon points and battleon llc now to artix points and artix llc. it should be called battleon for everyone, not artix for himself.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
10/16/2011 2:25:54   
Shadowlord9k

Soul: Hey, I would like to show you Valve, and Mojang. 2 right off the bat that make higher profits (although I am not sure on Mojang). Also if you are going to say something as stuuuuupid as that atleast try to provide some statistic.
Blood: Not really, there are more greedy game companies (which I'm too lazy to name, go on google).

Also MQ is still here...somewhere.......in a corner....facepalming at these types of threads....probably....or crying.....

The main reason I dont play ED anymore is you, the forums. Please try to not embarrass yourselves for one day.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
10/16/2011 2:30:38   
SouL Prisoner

so ur the only 1 smart as around here huh ??

(well wake up ) i dont need to abuse u !!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
10/16/2011 2:31:44   
BlueKatz

quote:

througj my experiences and stuff like that, i find artix one of the most selfish leading game designer of all time. just look back at what he did and then u would know. the delayed updates and the falling games are really...because of artix...THERE SHOULD BE A NEW LEADER!!! D:<
u know what he also did? a pointless rhing called changing the name from battleon points and battleon llc now to artix points and artix llc. it should be called battleon for everyone, not artix for himself.

Can you explain why?
Guess not anyways

I don't try to defend AE here, but there are too many stupid untrue reasons here

< Message edited by BlueKatz -- 10/16/2011 2:32:24 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 36
10/16/2011 2:33:14   
Shadowlord9k

Soul: I know I am not the only intelligent person here. The AKs are nice and smart. Please don't abuse the letter U abuse Y instead, and possibly O.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
10/16/2011 3:36:20   
Drianx

I think ED staff is to blame for ED's failure - and it is still going the wrong way right now.

The staff, although small, kept on implementing features nobody asked for, like war kills/battlestations and fame, and my personal opinion is that there has never been a long-term strategy to improve and add content to the game.

A good example of bad evolution is comparing Beta and Delta promos:

- Betas came in low and high level version - a lvl12 player who bought Betas had a good advantage up to lv28-29, while Deltas are meant only for lv28+. Why would a new player buy the 10k pack during Delta? No reason at all.
- Betas were offered in the 5k varium pack too - also a bad point for Deltas here. 'Buy the 10k or get out of here!' is a bad, bad strategy.

Also, the past releases seem like having nothing to do with each other, class balance was never achieved, not even for a week in more than 2 years, in spite of countless adjustments - and players could have helped this alot, think about releasing a varium-only testing server, such as PTR was in AQW.

But the staff preferred to test balance changes in a limited mod group, whose testing results have always proven bad.

Many promised features seem not even postponed - they simply seem abandoned without a reason. Don't want to start a list now.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 10/16/2011 3:38:14 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
10/16/2011 5:57:42   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

If we are going to play this blame game again, then I have no other choice but to lock this thread. Pointing fingers does not solve any issues and merely compounds the problems and people have already proven that they cannot handle a mature discussion on this subject at this point in time.

Speaking of discussion, there is no discussion value here. The correct way to approach this would be to brainstorm how you guys as the ED community can help this situation. It can be anything ranging from offering constructive criticism on what needs to be done to right this ship or not playing this blame game. The latter can be easily done and would make this a much nicer community.

The important thing to take away from this is that positive reinforcement trumps negative output. All senseless negativity does is maintain the status-quo and it is obvious that none of you here want that. I'm not saying that showering empty praise is the answer, either, but if you dislike something in-game that is going on and want to help change it for the better, try to change it, not exacerbate the problem.
AQ  Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: AE Red Headed Step Child - ED
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition