Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Warpforce: Struggling to get back into the game?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> Warpforce: Struggling to get back into the game?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/18/2011 15:14:23   
Issa

Hi, I'm Issa. : ) Some of you probably know me from the outsideworld/rest of the forums, but this is my first post on the WF boards ever. When WF came out I was interested. It seemed like a better AQ, and since I love AQ I was pretty pleased! However, I soon lost interest in the game-despite becoming a WarpGuardian-and as a result quit a little after the first Frostval. I've been trying to get back into the game, but so far to no avail. Anyway, I came here to offer up two things to be discussed-

Firstly, why do you think WF is fading into obscurity? My thinking is that it's a little difficult to get into, and billing the game as an expansion of AQ turns off some people. I reckon that the game needs to be a little more beginner-friendly, but that may just be me.

Secondly, on a somewhat lighter note, why do you think WF deserves more acclaim? Hope you enjoy the discussion-also hope there are people here to reply.. :S
DF  Post #: 1
10/18/2011 16:56:38   
ArchMagus Orodalf

I think that beginner-friendliness is a big issue. Along with all of these issues.

As for why WarpForce deserves acclaim... it's got music, awesome art, and incredible story potential!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
10/18/2011 18:08:39   
blackelemental

One thing is that the bugs....aren't being fixed, like AO said. I've seen some bugs in the game a year ago and they still exist today.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 3
10/18/2011 21:46:12   
extreme wizard

I'm kinda on and off in WF too. What keeps pushing me away is that it isn't beginner-friendly at all. For example, I'm level 11 and the stat trainer has 55 defense in all three defenses. How the heck are we supposed to train?! Also, the storyline is thrown all over the ship without much organization or any clue on where to get started. Accuracy is also extremely low when fighting anything, so trying to do quests or get gold either is extremely difficult or takes a very long time. Warpforce has a ton of potential, but new-player friendliness is almost nonexistant.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/25/2011 1:55:03   
neo_manni

yes I am, I am like L47 so whats the best L45 area I wanna gain exp as fast as possible.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
10/29/2011 9:30:34   
Kalas

I'm finding hard to even get through the game, some of this game is way underbalanced. No way am i going to continue playing this if they can't even deal with a simple bug problem! Goodbye WF, may we never meet again!

< Message edited by Kalas -- 10/29/2011 9:31:05 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 6
10/30/2011 19:10:22   
arcangelgabrel

I couldn't personally get into the story line of warp force. The token prices are absurdly high despite having no way to gain tokens in game. TOO many items are guardian only at that. Leaves very little for a free player to actually try out and leaves in massive level gaps. Grinding and training stats after the first ten levels is tedious. I'm disappointed I purchased a warp guardianship. Especially when I saw releases go from about three quests in the one month release to one. The bugs can't seem to be squashed....This was never a game and shouldn't have been charged as one as it was put: "this is a sand box for what can be done in Adventure quest." That's all it began as and that's all it seems to have turned out to be.

I hope the staff learn from their error of treating this like a sand box and not a game and never do it again....

< Message edited by arcangelgabrel -- 10/30/2011 19:11:15 >
AQ  Post #: 7
10/31/2011 23:28:41   
extreme wizard

@arcangelbabrel: Keep in mind that the AQ staff are trying to juggle both this game and AQ, so this game hasn't had near enough time under the AQ microscope to get polished up. WF is not the main focus of the AQ team, and that is why nothing seems to get fixed. This game has a lot of potential, but it will never be realized until more players take interest here and give AE a reason to give it it's own team.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/1/2011 0:29:01   
arcangelgabrel

Unfortunately I refuse to recognize such a reason for creating this game, charging money for it, and then cutting and running when not enough players signed up for it. They had that planned, Fixit releases for AQ were small and simple and gave them the time they needed to do a warp force release. The fact remains, if they couldn't make the cut, they shouldn't have made it in the first place, let alone charged guardianship for it. I'll be honest; I feel cheated.
AQ  Post #: 9
11/1/2011 6:31:04   
ArchMagus Orodalf

And so do the staff. They lose money and time on this game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/1/2011 7:54:38   
arcangelgabrel

Being a customer, that really isn't my problem. They are a company and by making a choice that they couldn't support was unwise. It's been noted they have issue with adventure quest alone, why on earth they started up warp force is beyond me, and so it's not at all my problem or concern that they lost time and money for their own folly. Frankly, I'm even inclined to think they hoped to make a quick buck off warp force because of adventure quest's successful player base. You yourself have pointed out major issues with this game and nothing has been done about it; there is something gravely wrong with that, more so when they have paying customers.

Further more, with the lack of issues being fixed and AS a paying customer I would NEVER recommend warp force to anyone. They would be sorely disappointed. I don't recommend disappointments to my friends; I recommend great ideas, innovations, and over all excellence. Warp force inspires none of that. So if someone were to ask me: "What do you think of Warp force? Is it worth signing up for?" I would reply: "No, in fact is it not. It is a severe disappointment given the staff who are working on it and they should not have wasted their time or our money in making it."

I gave it a shot, I tried to believe in it, and I was seriously let down; more so because I know who was working on it and I strongly support adventure quest, because it's a good turn based RPG with some flaws they are working extremely hard to fix every day.

Say what you will to defend it; I still feel cheated and disappointed.
AQ  Post #: 11
11/1/2011 9:09:02   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Warpforce has come to the point where they cannot act like AdventureQuest on certain things, their player base is so small that they can hardly defend themselves saying that it will take up to much server space to save questchains for a more adept feeling of progress in the storyline.

I have played the game to see if I liked it, I do not. In DF the storyline advancement was discussed and several times players said they would detest level requirements for zones, Warpforce did just that what people appear to detest. I had to farm quests over and over again, just so I could play the next part of the story and by then I had outgrown my equipment and could farm the quest again.
By that point I was so fed up with Warpforce that I gave up.

I gave critique and waited for them to solve it, meanwhile I saw several other complaints (both storya and gameplay-wise) not being adressed, so I will say beforehand that I do not have high expectations of them adressing them now.

Just to point out here, in all of the AE games' General Discussion I see some of their respective staff-members posting at times.
When was the last time a staff-member was seen here?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 12
11/1/2011 17:35:10   
arcangelgabrel

Other than to tell us some other cut back, almost never. The last post on the bug forum from Aelthai was from september, when I last looked anyway.

Knowing the quality of material the game staff of AQ can present; warp force was a serious disappointment. What happened? We have fantastic writers, LB, Fal, Eureka vox, and yet the quests are hard to get into, poorly written, and have plot holes. I guess when they say: "The sky is the limit." they meant literally, because the quality fell flat on its face. Did they hire a bunch of amateurs? Because in no way did our talented AQ writers have ANYTHING to do with warp force. The delivery and quality is far too poor; where's the love man?!
AQ  Post #: 13
11/1/2011 17:37:59   
ArchMagus Orodalf

Not all of the quests. The main line was very good, perhaps because the original concept was Falerin's. The rest... a little too disconnected for my taste, but still pretty good. It was only last week's release that really raised my eyebrow in terms of story quality. =/
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
11/1/2011 17:44:24   
arcangelgabrel

I won't accept mediocre. I know the staff can provide better. They can deliver great story with puns and really bad jokes that you can't help but laugh at because of their timing. It is a SERIOUS rare day that they provide a poor and disconnected story for AQ, why warp force? Like I said: Story quality was poor, VERY poor compared to what I KNOW they can deliver.
AQ  Post #: 15
11/14/2011 19:23:01   
FiresplitterX

I think this game is awesome. The only thing I dislikes about it is the Level requirement. The level requirement would've been ok if they had more quest or lowered the required level. But otherwise I love this :)
Post #: 16
11/18/2011 22:24:05   
  Rorshach

The Question
(AdventureQuest)

Well, seems like we got a critic. And I very much agree that AQ has great writers, and not just good-enough ones. But WF was somewhat a side-project, and if I'm not wrong, maintained by ArchKnights and not the staff itself (maybe only one or two).

Though after experiencing this, I see a somewhat; though dim future, that AQ's player-base could rise up and make a game under AE. Maybe even better than AQW itself. Because I myself would love to do that. And seeing how there are hardcored AQ players, this possibility isn't too far off to achieve. Well, WF can do better if they had more AKs helping. If only there were more AKs to help...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
11/18/2011 22:58:19   
ArchMagus Orodalf

GASKAL: WarpForce is doing well with a few fairly regular AKs, not to mention the fact that all AKs have Modding powers in WFGD.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
11/19/2011 5:59:09   
arcangelgabrel

They seriously only have AK's running the show for story content? Well no wonder its not up to par with the staff from AQ. Now I REALLY feel ripped T_T It advertised content from the same team that created AQ, not from a few random AK's. I signed up because I knew the staff created high quality work, if I had known before hand they weren't going to have part in it, I would have never signed up.
AQ  Post #: 19
11/19/2011 6:56:43   
ArchMagus Orodalf

Oh, and GASKAL's wrong about that, too. I don't know where he got his info from...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
11/19/2011 7:55:18   
arcangelgabrel

Oh, I see.....Well then.
AQ  Post #: 21
11/19/2011 14:37:13   
Dev
The Reckoning

Uh...WarpForce is definitely NOT worked on by AKs. The AQ staff are in charge of the bimonthly releases. I'm not sure where that information came from, but let's try not to spread unconfirmed rumors.
AQ AQW  Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> Warpforce: Struggling to get back into the game?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition