Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Flowers among the thorns (Nonvariums Underpowered). Are you a flower?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Flowers among the thorns (Nonvariums Underpowered). Are you a flower?
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/19/2011 22:42:53   
xxomegafaustxx

Nonvariums are way behind because we as a community have been not given the time to properly evolve. But I want to make a clear distinction between evolution and adaptation: Evolution is a species capability of developing towards the environment. Evolution for a species is rather the formation of growth of it and takes perhaps even years and decades whereas adaptation is the ability to be successful in effectively using his/her environment based on their resources and ability to hunt and scavenge.

Analogically, it is like a competition between two flowers living in the same ecology. Allow me to tell a story:

The actors of the story:

The flowers: The players of the game

Varium: The nutrient-alternative for a flower to increase its growth against its rivaling competition.

The pot: The community to which all the flowers are entrenched in that allow them to grow.

The florist: (The developer of the game ED along with the Staff).

The Story:

A man passionate for flowers decides to become a florist and opens his business. To run the business, he needs to plant flowers to sell to his costumers.

To make a profit, he intends to sell the flowers he has grown. The florist thus begins by planting two flowers in the same pot. At this point of time, the pot can only sustain two flowers at a time. With this in mind, both the seeds of the flower are planted and carefully embedded in the soil within the pot.

The flower seeds exist in a fabric that is in the soil/community and are deeply rooted and entrenched within it because to be successful, both must use the soil to support their roots and blossom to the surface. Now seeing that you yourself are the very florist trying to plant both flowers, you try to keep them both in sunlight and water to promote healthy growth. The florist’s interest at this point of time is to provide both the proper necessitous conditions to flower both plants so that they can reach their potential. The florist continues this onwards for many days and periodically, sees the growth of both the flowers.

Now the florist wants to make his flowers grow faster. He then uses flower fertilizer; a nutrient-alternative and pots it in the soil. The fertilizer enables either flower to become more better looking, appealing and attractive. Both the flowers in this story have the ability to use the fertilizer to grow faster. The flowers (imaginatively), must choose between using varium or not. The florist has made it so that both my equally access the nutrients and use it towards their benefit. Thus the distinction can be established; the varium user/varium flower and nonvarium user/nonvarium flower.

Clearly, the florist in no instance is doing any wrong to the plants themselves other than use varium as a fertilizer the premium flower and to make the plants grow faster. Whether it be the normal or above average flower, the flower's both have the ability and choice to use the varium-like nutrients provided by the flower and compete in the same pot for sunlight, nutrients and water regardless.

But let’s just say, for fun, that the premium and more better looking flower had a mind: It was jealous because also, the nonvarium flower could remain competitive with its resources whilst could grow as fast but not as fast as it. The varium flower with this thinking pushes the nonvarium flower and easily overpowers it by using its roots so that the nonvarium flower could no longer access the nutrients, water and sunlight it needs. The premium flower pushes the less-appealing flower away and expands its roots to reach all the sunlight, soil and space that allow it to gain maximum water and nutrients. The smaller nonvarium flower tries to fight back but as varium flower pushes it further and further away, it becomes stronger easily making the nonvarium's flower efforts appear futile. The varium flower further pushes and bullies the nonvarium flower and slowly moves, with force, the nonvarium flower to the other side of the pot. Because of such actions, the nonvarium flower is pushed so great a distance that it creates a jarring gap and distance between them. The GAP and DISTANCE between them are far too great to conciliate their closure and the varium flower continues such actions slowing depriving and choking the nonvarium plant's ability to grow.

Now you're a florist and you come back to see the flowers. Of course, you can't see any difference with the flower's post actions because their roots are within the soil but you do notice its growth: They both appear to grow and after all, it looks as though they are at peace with each other. The florist continues his daily routine, giving more and more varium to the premium flower overlooking the nonvarium flower's state of condition. The florist can't understand why the flowers are spaced so greatly when he planted them together in the beginning so both could share the soil. He notices the GAP has made the more premium flower grow much faster whilst the nonvarium one to stop growing at a much slower rate.

So if you're the florist, what would you do? You want to keep both flowers: You know that one is certainly weakened and one is strengthened in terms of this GAP but the fact of the matter is they are both and always will be flowers. The florist’s on the other hand, needs them to grow healthily so that afterwards, he can sell them. You need them both. You need them both because you plan to sell the flowers and although you know that the premium flower would sell at a much greater price, the nonvarium flower also yields profit to the man. What action should the florist take?

If he knows for certain, the GAP is the problem, he will try to fix it and make them close to eachother. The problems he encounters are:

1. The roots of the flower are both entangled with each other. They provide obstruction to the man's interest in moving them together. But removing them could pose a serious threat to both plants as the roots are in a state of delicate fragility. If the man tries to do so and remove the roots, both the flowers may suffer leaving the farmer with two dead plants. He can't interfere in the process. That is he can’t interfere in the fabric of natural growth, nurture and nature.

2. He does not know even if, after he plants them together, that if the varium flower and nonvarium flower will continue this action. If the varium flower will move the nonvarium flower and push it with its roots.

3. And if he understands the varium flower's behavior and attitude up until this he can not change the varium flower's decision to do so. He can try implementing ridges to try to improve the GAP and lessen it, giving the nonvarium flower a chance to grow but internally, the varium flower continues to undermine and lengthen the GAP.

4. He realizes that the nonvarium flower is the victim, crying and screaming for help but he also can't eliminate the varium abuser because he feels that the flowers are important: Both are equally important to the florist. Destroying the only premium flower in the pot would not help to rectify the problem but rather, create a larger one.

The big picture here is that if you're a florist, you are developers trying to keep the game and both flowers alive. The original intention to keep both the flowers was to keep them in healthy competition but you see that now is not that case. You worry about this because of the GAP, try implementing "Balance" formulas in the soil to help the nonvarium flower after realizing, such efforts are futile. They are futile because the GAP is so large that it undermines completely, the nonvarium flower's ability to grow despite its trying.

The reality is that it paints a bigger picture of ED. The florist is the developer and has the ability to change the situation. But being a cautious florist, he/she knows that they can't intervene in this fine relationship; it is only up to the flowers to change it. But it starts with he varium flower who must stop it's compulsive disorder and allow for the healthy growth of the nonvarium flower. It must release it's choke on the petty flower and allow it to grow naturally.

They have to use more varium-nutrience to separate themselves from the average flock of flowers resulting in tremendous overspending. Rather than see the healthy and beautiful relationship that is derived from the nonvarium flower and foster it, the varium flower chooses to continue this path of behavior. The florist can't do nothing resulting into less plants being planted in the same pot as the varium flower has removed all of its nutrience; giving it all to itself. The soil or the community of ED has become essentially a wasteland for any new flowers to come to flower resulting into (In the context of ED) less and less users joining ED.

With less flowers to plant, the florist can no longer make a profit other than sell the only single varium flower its nutrients. He/she makes a smaller fortune trying to make the varium flower equal to that of many nonvarium flowers. So far, the florist has made miniscule profit. New flowers can't be planted because the very same flower has robbed their chances of growth and ever reaching their potentials and the flourist grieves because he/she no longer can plant flowers any more. No features ( or species of different plants) can be introduced because the same flower has also hinders the soil's ability to provide nutrients. That is deprived the community its chance to develop as a game.

Which brings me onto another point: The profit and value of both of the flowers in this story exist in the very understanding that they are both interrelated and connected at the very start of their life span as flowers. The value of the premium flower also depends on the value of the nonvarium flower. If there were no nonvarium flowers, how then can the premium flower compare itself to be "above average" and use the nonvarium flower as a greater standard of being a more excellent flower? The truth of the matter is there are too many pretty flowers in ED. Of course, it looks appealing but all the pretty flowers would realize that they are the average as all the flowers around them are just as pretty as them. Ever heard of the phrase "Appearances can be deceiving"? Not all beauty exists externally but internally. You don't need to plant expensive flowers in your backyard to make your backyard more exuberant or prettier. The beauty exists in all areas or life and their ability to grow and naturally coexist in the environment. True beauty is found in the resolute relationship between two entities. So, one may plant many expensive looking flowers in your backyard but not realize the beautiful relationship that it has with its surroundings: providing a home for the insects, nectar for the bees, and is a ravishing addition to the nature around it.

AND you may argue that it is because of the premium flower that has sustained the florist's up until now profit up until this story. That is because the premium flower yields much more value to the customers who purchase it whilst the nonvarium flower close to nothing in comparison.

But I ask you this: Would it surprise you that in a flourist shop, they sell flowers by the bundle and not singularly? And would it also surprise you that it is not just one, but many flowers within the bundle that make a bouquet beautiful? And if you look in a bouquet of flowers, are all of them equally pretty and ideal in feature? Some may not be equally beautiful, some may have defections, some may have missing petals but the truth of the matter is that it is the sum of all parts and not just one that makes the bouquet’s features ravishing.

What varium users don't realize is that they are destroying this very healthy relationship. Users that support the GAP or don’t see this: the current state of ED. If such an understanding is meet, only then will the florist be successful and both flowers sold at a far greater profit. Only then will a true community derive, with no form of hatred fostered towards eachother because of “unfair advantage”, “losing to noobs, this can’t be possible!” and “you use varium noob”, so forth.

So, for those who don't seem to follow my line of reasoning, I am here to "change "minds". I am here to offer an enlightened perspective on the issue of the GAP that has resolved in many nonvarium and also varium users' dissent.

So be a flower and blossom. Wake up and smell the roses.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 10/22/2011 17:24:40 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/19/2011 22:46:15   
rej

I'm sorry, i blacked for a few seconds while i tried to scroll through that massive wall of text.

but, from what you've said in the opening lines, i have to disagree with you. Non variums are more powerful than ever. tank tlm's with boosters can actualy give you a challange with a bit of luck.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
10/19/2011 22:46:50   
Joe10112

tl;dr

Anyway, the gist I think was the Gap between Non-Vars and Vars, correct?

Gap fluctuates, sometimes I think it's close, sometimes too far. I can usually take down 33 var Blood Mages consistantly, but not Cyber or Tac Merc consistantly.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/19/2011 22:50:54   
xxomegafaustxx

@rej

Sadly I'm not a TLM so it does not apply to me. If you're only talking about TLMs, how about the novnarium BHs, TMs who are severely underpowered? Also, who uses the Mercenary? Who uses those classes? They're close to prehistoric! Those classes are rendered obselete. And how about the large percentage of users who have not gained the elitist edge in epicduel? How many commanders do you see in ED that are varium free?

@Joe10112

Yes this is from the GAP. I could not relocate the thread so I started a new one one an entirely different premise. If you have a spare 10min or so, please read it, I put alot of thought into it. It makes me also very sad to hear that my words are empty and my message is not conveyed just because "the post was too long, boring, not helpful, etc". Generally, people are willing to read walls of youtube comments and facebook stories. The ironic thing is they have close to no interest in particular, of reading something important that may affect them.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 10/19/2011 23:32:43 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/20/2011 0:01:44   
PivotalDisorder

using tactical mercs as an example that non-vars are too powerful is stupid. tactical mercs are just too powerful, period.
Post #: 5
10/21/2011 1:58:38   
xxomegafaustxx

Agreed, since varium TLM's can do exactly the same on a far far far greater scale. Consider all the classes a nonvarium user may choose from: BHs and Mercs are severely underpowered currently, TMs are struggling after the proposed heal nerf (including myself), there's a rarity of BM nonvarium users garnering little or no success which brings us to TLMs which seems like the only competitive option to survive in the game platform. What will happen to those who have already chosen the existing classes? They'll become extinct and archaic over time, leading to apathy and regret among nonvarium users who feel that have been cheated from the start resulting resignation from the game. More players quitting the game=less users in ED.

ED shouldn't be like this. And this also involves the varium tier who must also choose these options. Why is it that many users feel compelled to change class after class after class? It is because such behaviour has evolved from overt unfair competition; the stronger must compete with the stronger to maintain an advantageous edge which leads to incredulous amount of spending and $. The ecology for competition should exist in the relationship between free and premium players, like the flowers in my story. Varium should be an INCENTIVE not a "gun to your head" option to remain competitive.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
10/21/2011 5:09:38   
Silver Sky Magician

@xxomegafaustxx

So you're basically pointing out that there is a problem with the competition between varium and non-varium players, in that it has reached unfair and unhealthy standards? Brevity has its worth, you know (BTW I read that post)

A few months ago, I would have agreed with you. But not now. As rej rightly pointed out, non-varium players now have the ability to compete with varium players on a fairly equal ground. I say 'ability', since while non-varium players can fully enhance their items, most do not play enough to do so.

Nevertheless, I do not feel that the varium-non varium gap was as great as it once was. Furthermore, the non-TLM non-varium classes can do pretty well, speaking from personal experience. (I'm a non-varium player, BTW).

Finally and most importantly, I'm not quite sure what you want the players to do about this. It seems that you merely pointed out a problem without the solution.
Post #: 7
10/21/2011 11:14:29   
TrickoTreat

Someone summarise. I CAN'T READ ALL OF IT!

AE started when Chuck Noris round-house kicked Artix in the face and told him to get a job . So he did .
Post #: 8
10/21/2011 13:01:52   
xxomegafaustxx

@Silver Sky Magician

Yes I do concur with your argument however, the fact that nonvarium players are underpowered currently is a fact that is still very transparent. Of course, nonvariums have the ability to compete but not everyone has the capacity to do so. Example: for a nonvarium player to become competitive in the ED platform, one must invest a lot of credits and time to reach a exceptional calibre for excellent standard. This involves perhaps 50,000 credits just to get the golden "norm" for the amount of stats compared to a varium user, class changes another 50k credits, and new weaponry (some gets outdated) which results into a repeated cumulative cyclic process that resulted from the beginning: requires another 50k just to enhance (rinse, wash and repeat). Even for the varium user, the enhancement costs are way too high resulting in a scarcity of users that actually PAY for all their enhancements using credits. We are now seeing more people use varium as an alternative which encourages abundant and unhealthy spending.

I like you to consider the comparison to Einstein. Of course, everyone has the ability to become as smart as him but not many can achieve such a calibre of high knowledge. Rather than focus on tentatively the success of one group (nonvarium TLMs which rem's argument points to), how about the ones who are not? How about the one's who just have starter weapons, who don't know the platform etc? Such understanding must be reached before we enact a proper solution.

I've proposed a number of solutions in order to combat this GAP such as lesser stat marginalization (decreasing it to 20 or 25 between the AVERAGE varium and nonvarium player), capacity of certain weapon slots, etc. But it's hard to appeal to users with such solutions because some don't recognize this problem and it is because of this that it is a deterrent to my propositions.

EDIT: Also thank you for reading. : )

@TrickoTreat

Nonvariums are underpowered, end of story.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 10/21/2011 13:55:48 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
10/21/2011 18:15:10   
Lord Nub

You don't even need to read it to know the issue.

Lets simplify this,

NonVariums = Underpowered

Wrong, they play for free while others spend hundreds on things and keep the game rolling.

I've met many good nons that utilize everything they have to the utmost of their abilities and maintain ratios better than most variums I see.

Whether they have varium or not a bad player is a bad player and if you have varium that won't change, sorry.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
10/21/2011 18:18:44   
frosty123

@Lord Nub If your talking about wins/loses I guarntee that the non variums did

I read it all. It entertaining. Well in my opinion non varium MERCS are Up. Im one it it impossible to find a build that is good.
Post #: 11
10/21/2011 23:32:52   
xxomegafaustxx

@Lord Nub

Could you take that simplification even further? Nonvariums =underpowered = less interest garnered for the game. Why? Because in order for ED to attract revenue, they must first attract potential clients whom find the game appealing because it is cheap, fun and also creative.

quote:

NonVariums = Underpowered

Wrong, they play for free while others spend hundreds on things and keep the game rolling.

Remember that also, nonvarium users indirectly keep the game rolling. Without players such as us, there exist no voluntary incentive to purchase varium. Wipe all nonvarium users and the game cannot further sustain itself because the incentive to purchase varium is rendered utterly useless and obsolete. As ED has gone further and further into the future, the playing field has magnified; essentially it has become a varium vs. varium ballpark with varium users competing varium users whilst nonvariums are booted out of the picture. Why has the costs of weaponry gone up and escalated? Why are varium weapons in a state of constant deprivation becoming over time old, not used, and outdated. Who uses the founders armour, the valentine set and hasn't changed their weaponry in the last few months?

As a varium user yourself, how often do you purchase varium a day, week, month? Chances are, you'll always need to; there will be a constant demand for you. And why is that? To answer, it has been due to the augmented imbalance derived from the ecological distancing between nonvarium and varium players (Ecological distancing in terms of the stat separation between the two).

Nonvariums create a monetary interest to purchase varium in the first place. The competition should exist between varium and nonvariums not between varium players. As I said prior, perhaps a 16-20 stat point difference conveying a 4-5 level (The Alpha template) difference. Clearly, this should convey at least some advantage.

Additionally, why is it that Maple Story and Runescape are immensely popular and why hasn't ED reached such a calibre? Well distinctively, one can play up to nothing to remain competitive in such platforms whilst in ED in ORDER TO REMAIN COMPETITIVE, one must purchase varium.

Here, I'm not talking whether having varium or no varium makes a player better. Of course, the stratagems one utilizes should be moreso valued than the money purchased in the game. Here in ED, the relationship is reciprocal. It's how much money in the game you have that will determine whether or not you can be competitive. Should we value stratagems over money or money over stratagems?

I'm here to articulate the understanding that the average nonvarium player is no match in comparison to a varium user. This is because of the stats allocated and immense GAP distancing nonvarium and varium players resulting into unfair not healthy advantage. And I'm talking steroid abuser vs a regular training athlete.

quote:

I've met many good nons that utilize everything they have to the utmost of their abilities and maintain ratios better than most variums I see.

A common fallacy: over simplification-employing a generalization involving a minority of players/users/subjects to a majority of players/users/subjects. As I can testify to your statement, I am a commander TM currently with a win ratio that you described to be "desirable" in comparison to a varium user. Perhaps I fit into your demographic, perhaps I don't. However, I would like to make this clear that if you're using such reasoning, please restrain from sampling "a few, some, or many" if it is statistically invalid. Look at all the nonvarium players as a community and not just the breadwinners.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
10/23/2011 10:01:09   
zion

To summarize:

If non-variums are pushed out of competition, then it is just Variums vs. Variums in pvp:

Does it sound like the Varium is really worth anything in this inevitable eventuality?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
10/23/2011 10:53:43   
AQWPlayer

@xxomegafaustxx
Welcome back to the forums
If I could rate your posts, I would give you...
Content: 100
Grammar: 95
But there is a problem, and that is...YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME DUDE!
As you can see, the devs no longer listen to the players. Not even the long-term supporters of the game. They are going in the wrong direction and still refuse to take some time and interact with the community. Because of this, the game is falling apart. (I got proof for that. Go to Oz world 6 and see for yourself)
AQW  Post #: 14
10/23/2011 11:24:40   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

quote:

Here, I'm not talking whether having varium or no varium makes a player better. Of course, the stratagems one utilizes should be moreso valued than the money purchased in the game. Here in ED, the relationship is reciprocal. It's how much money in the game you have that will determine whether or not you can be competitive. Should we value stratagems over money or money over stratagems?

Lol, what is it I am hearing here? I have NEVER bought a 10k package in this game, nor the one before that, the only amount ive spent is $40.00.

If you don't realize it, im easily one of the best TLM's in the game, i make my own builds with my weapons.

Ive probably made up around 200 tlm and merc builds with this frostwraith.

If because i don't spend much money in this game, makes me uncompetitive, then i would like you to get an account with all the varium in the world and face me!

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
10/23/2011 11:30:37   
endtime

Of course nonvariums are underpowered. If they weren't underpowered what is the point of variums spending hundreds of dollars not to be nonvarium?

Also, there should be no excuse to be nonvarium. It's not particularly difficult to scrounge around for a job or perform various services--chores, lawn care, etc--to get money. There is also the availability of surveys. I haven't spent a real penny on Epic Duel (except for the Rixty), and yet I have three fully equipped varium accounts that are theoretically valued at hundreds of dollars due to Prize Rebel and Battleon Surveys.

@xxomegafaustxx
Your theory of nonvariums being wiped out, thus making varium useless is completely ridiculous because that is completely theoretical and will never happen. Why? There will always be people who are
1.) Too lazy to work or get money through surveys
2.) Not smart enough to figure out how to get money
3.) Wants the challenge of being nonvarium

It would be good if prices were dropped--the enhancement system is out of control--but making nonvariums equal to people who paid is ridiculous.

< Message edited by endtime -- 10/23/2011 11:39:44 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
10/23/2011 11:36:23   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

^I have to argue against that.

Some parents will not allow their kids to spend money online for pixels.

Some of those same parents wont let them do surveys because they dont want their information being sold or out there online.

So, that, my friend, can be more determined how some kids/teens parents feel about the situation.

You could, always be a rebel like me and do it anyways.

You hear that Titan?

I disobey my parents to support your game!

lol....

Sig removed. Please only use it once per page. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 10/23/2011 12:18:01 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
10/23/2011 11:40:53   
endtime

@chosen one

I bet those same parents wouldn't let you play the game in the first place. Since you are already rebelling by playing, you might as well go all the way.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/23/2011 12:11:58   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Nah, she lets me play. Lol.

And when you say all the way, i got my varium from game cards my friends got me. I didnt ask for them. I got some by offers too.

Eh, oh well, im not quiting, i got 7k wins in 1v1... 3k more till commander.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
10/23/2011 13:16:27   
nico0las

That depends, some outstanding players are non varium. Although the majority aren't fantastic, there are some that are FAR better than us variums.
@below Jay HawK, Doctus, probably the best 1v1 non variums I've ever seen.

< Message edited by nico0las -- 10/25/2011 19:45:57 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
10/23/2011 13:26:06   
ansh0

Take me as an example of a good non varium player xD.
Yes,there some good non vars out there,namely.....JariTheMighty,New Hope(she is 1st in ALL TIME 2v2),black spidey(ME,and the best non barium BH juggernaut),Zakalin(although he quit,he is still a BH legend in my book),Gepard Acht(very good non barium BH),Superodie( a very experienced non barium BM)......

There's more.

~black spidey
Epic  Post #: 21
10/23/2011 14:41:26   
frosty123

ansh0 notice how its mostly BH. No mercs and no mages.(not sure bout jari)(Not including CH because there are many experienced players that are CH and think it is good). My point is that some classes are totally UP.

Anyways thats like 7 good NV out of 500? or 300? or 200? If we all try to be as good as them it would be. 200 out of 200 NV have _____________ build. Know what im saying?
Post #: 22
10/23/2011 15:15:41   
AQWPlayer

@ansh0
Indeed there are some very good non varium players out there. However, they have become good players by playing a lot and learning from their mistakes. Why should a newb with just one week of experience and the best varium equipment fully enhanced be able to have a 80%+ win chance against those who have played for over an year? That is exactly what's happening right now. As much determination as a non var player puts into this game, there is no way for him/her to have a fair chance to win against a full varium player.
AQW  Post #: 23
10/23/2011 15:25:49   
rej

I still feel that there should be a reward policy surrounding ranks... this would help those few pro non var players multiply...

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
10/23/2011 16:22:34   
xxomegafaustxx

@endtime

quote:

Your theory of nonvariums being wiped out, thus making varium useless is completely ridiculous because that is completely theoretical and will never happen.

In theory, yes it is a mere conjecture but is it happening as we speak. Consider this:

Think of it as an worm and a bird. Birds eat the worm and worm uses plants for nutrients. Simple as that. For the bird to nourish, the worm must nourish as well. Without the worm, the bird would starve to death. The bird like the varium user needs the worm, the nonvarium user, to provide it energy for it's daily functions. Ecologically, the purpose of such is to help fulfill eachother's goals. But the relationship between the two doesn't necessarily mean that they compete against each other but with resources in the environment. And it's not like the worm would be eaten and eaten again by the bird. The fact of nature is both have the opportunity to evolve and grow and peacefully coincide. The worm is to sustain the bird and the bird is there to control the worm's ecological populace. Varium on the other hand can be percieved as am alternative source of energy provided by the environment. Each party can access the energy but are not obliged or forced too. The worm could use the energy to become a stronger as they themselves could be foes instead of victims to birds. Birds can also use the energy to become better predators and hunters and so forth. The ideal conditions for the environment is to have a larger number of prey organisms in comparison to predator organisms. In that way, the ecology can sustain itself.

But what we're seeing now is a scarcity of nonvarium players and abundance of varium players. With too many birds to feed, competition among birds would only be more stressed. Worms must adapt or be killed of quickly and can no longer ecologically compete with birds as they used to. If they resort to varium, they too would be intermingled in the conflict amongst the other birds of the roast. And as the worms are slowly killed off, birds are more hungrier then ever. Resorting to an alternative source of energy, "varium", birds fuel their temporary craving. When all the energy is depleted, birds readily use such energy again and again. But why can't the birds continue to do so if it provides them necessary energy to do so? That is because energy yielded by varium is not the same as energy yielded by the worm which is much nutritious and long-term in value. The energy yielded by varium is much shorted than what could be obtained from an organism. The worm is an interdependent entity with the bird as the bird is directly bound contractually to it. I ask you this very simple question, how then can the ecology sustain itself over time? With more birds, eventually, competition in the future will be exclusively birds on birds leaving the most valued entity, the worms behind.

Now moving onwards to the "Evolve you Die" idea or "Natutural Selection" in this context of an ecology, it is totally different. Of course, Natural Selection favours the birds, giving them an advantage over the worms but the worms should not be devoid their chance to compete. It is through natural selection, organisms evolve and adapt. But not all organisms adapt so quickly or easily~Organisms have different ways to evolve and adapt given this scenario. You can't just put a polar bear in the middle of a desert and say "EVOLVE!", find food and survive because it isn't going to happen. Similarly, would it surprise you that it took more than a million years for Humans and homeosapiens to evolve and adapt to their surroundings? So back to the topic at hand, saying to a worm "Go fight with the bird" or continuing to weaken the worm's potential to the point where it can not sustain itself is hurting to the ecology of natural competition. This is because ecologically, the worm can't compete with the bird on a fair level. Competing on a fair level means something the bird and the worm can do which is competing for resources within the ecology not competing face-to-face. And of course, the worm will meet the varium bird one day when its minding it's own business. But that happens naturally and is not forced by nature. The worm does not suddently evolve and grow wings and beats the bird, it contests with it's own supply of resources. That's where the idea of varium should come into play. It should be the competition between worms and birds not birds and birds.

Here's the situation. You got a flock of maybe 10 birds and one worm. Does the worm stand a chance? Can the worm fairly compete with the resources in the environment against the bird or birds? And if this is just the case, how can birds survive if the worm, the organism responsible for it's daily nourishment and nutrition, can't properly sustain itself as well?

And for those asking for a summary: We both need each other. Underpowering nonvarium users results into lesser ED players joining. As nonvarium users are trampled, they must choose between paying and making a long term commitment with varium or leaving the game.

quote:

but making nonvariums equal to people who paid is ridiculous.

Never did I say to make nonvariums equal to varium users. Rather, all I ask is that there exist a healthy competition among nonvarium and varium users. What I'm seeing now is a majority of nonvarium users are becoming free wins and rag dolls in 1v1 and 2v2 battling. And it doesn't end there. Recently, I was called a noob for being lucky for beating a varium player. What does this situation illustrate to us as a community?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Flowers among the thorns (Nonvariums Underpowered). Are you a flower?
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition