Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Mech= National Novel Writing Month

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: =Mech= National Novel Writing Month
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/27/2011 3:17:24   
Wildroses
A beautiful Rose,
always and forever

I'm still at 22,363, so yeah, I don't think I'm going to make it. I'm not sure if I should be disappointed at not getting to 50000 in November or be proud I managed to get that much written around an unexpected one off weekend job, a cousin's wedding in the country, a weeks visit to my family, and a relapse causing a physical collapse and over a week of lying down. I think I'll try doing this again in March or February when nothing else is happening just to see if I can under normal circumstances.

I'm not disappointed I tried though. I got three quarters of this thing planned and 22363 words of it written, which is the most I've ever written for one story (of course I'm barely past page one of the outline, but lets not go there). With a little perseverance and good health this will be enough to encourage me to keep working on it. I haven't looked at it for about a week (I've been pretty easily exhausted) so I ought to go back to it soon. I've also learnt I find it easy to write 1000 words in one day, but when I get to 2000 I struggle.

< Message edited by Wildroses -- 11/27/2011 3:57:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 76
11/29/2011 17:11:50   
superjars

I hit 50k words on Saturday and then took a few days off. Now I've gotten a printed off copy of it and a pencil and I intend to tear it apart and make it better. The biggest thing will be creating continuity, so that the ideas I developed in the last half of the book are translated into the first half. Should be a fun and interesting experience!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
11/30/2011 2:42:32   
demolitiondragon
Constructively Friendly!

Congrats Superjars!

And still a worthy effort, Wildroses. =]
Post #: 78
11/30/2011 20:14:33   
Un67

Remember everyone, VALIDATE YOUR NOVEL ON THE WEBSITE! I hope that this reminder isn't really needed, but really, there's no good in finishing it and having it not count!
AQ DF  Post #: 79
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: =Mech= National Novel Writing Month
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition