Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Why do you come on epicduel?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Why do you come on epicduel?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/26/2011 11:38:05   
PivotalDisorder

@MirageD: I am only teasing, mostly. I rub people up the wrong way on a regular basis so I only have myself to blame if I am not loved :P

I'll go back and edit the post. wasn't meant to sound so serious.
Post #: 26
10/26/2011 12:22:51   
zion

@psibertus

You are entitled to your opinion. If something bothers you, you can say so (as long as it isn't mean-spirited or anything like that).

I gave you a fame point for your honesty.

@below:
quote:

Without friends, this game would be boring
- Sadly too true!

< Message edited by gk365 -- 10/26/2011 12:58:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
10/26/2011 12:50:51   
Death Gigas

I get online too get my daily 100+ wins, chat with friends, and help the faction I just started a few days ago. Without friends, this game would be boring.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
10/26/2011 13:12:44   
rajkumar

Love this game and like to help players.Most importantly i come to ed to enjoy and talk to my only 1 friend
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
10/26/2011 14:46:30   
DunkThatOreo

^Lol I bet that one friend comes on more then my friends combined.
Epic  Post #: 30
10/26/2011 20:46:40   
helloguy

To we if any of my old friends happen to be online...... They never are and they probably never will.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
10/26/2011 20:55:48   
raff

I'd like to come on whenever I don't feel like exercising, but need to raise my blood pressure. It helps my heart get stronger, because of all the rage.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
10/26/2011 21:07:35   
bloodyfinger

hey i really love epicdule my character is bloodyinger
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
10/26/2011 23:18:50   
Soldier 1124

I get on because this game is fun at least to me. Also, I enjoy talking to my 3 buddies, who are coincidently all commanders, and play alot
Epic  Post #: 34
10/26/2011 23:21:27   
Midnightsoul

i play epicduel to pvp while making my opponents laugh. i always luv jking around. :D
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
10/26/2011 23:40:18   
Luna_moonraider

on my alt i npc. my main i do 3 2v2 and well that all i think.

AQW Epic  Post #: 36
10/27/2011 0:12:54   
frosty123

to test builds. Im running out of credits thanks to the increase credit cost. None of my builds are any good tho :(. And then i never get wins. So
Post #: 37
10/27/2011 11:14:11   
DillBagel

I have a simple answer!

I don't.
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
10/27/2011 11:22:34   
Sparticus

Whats EpicDuel?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
10/27/2011 11:34:46   
comicalbike

it relaxes me

< Message edited by comicalbike -- 10/28/2011 6:14:44 >

Epic  Post #: 40
10/27/2011 11:38:38   
SouL Prisoner

@bloodyfinger

u typed ur name wrong :P

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
10/27/2011 17:12:51   
Sensi12

even when you block every hit and they crit?
Post #: 42
10/30/2011 15:28:54   
hardcore59

because if i keep playing black ops David Vonderhaar is going to have a shoe up his rectum
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
11/1/2011 2:34:54   
xxomegafaustxx

Well, I have to agree with gk365. I've been playing this since beta as a nonvar and ever since then, my interest of the game has gone downhill. The only reason I play it is to meet my old buddies and relieve my stress which involves clicking buttons a monotonous number of times. . .first malf..then gun..then...

ED's a great way to grind time don't get me wrong, but in a sense it does get oddly repetitive and boring. In my perspective, it's M.C.PvP (Mindless cyclic PvP battling (1v1) and (2v2): encountering TLMs with oddly the same build, same weapon, same tactics (high smoke, high strength), or the unordinarily very common focus builds with gamma bot or the heal bot (Coincidence?!). There's strategies yes, but because there's a large gap between nonvars and vars, all the builds are literally condensed forcing players to adopt compressed oped builds which as a result, forces users to likewise do the same. "If you can't beat em', join them" so to say. But now, we're seeing a lot of strength abusers who abuse this gap privilege resulting into little or no creativity of unique builds.

Of course there's going to be a "breadwinner" build in all classes, but it shouldn't be rock paper scissors. Add more diversity and variability in builds and you'll get something spontaneous, interesting and above all challenging: Like paper vs. rock, vs. stapler vs. scissor vs. paper airplane vs. sticky tack etc. (Hopefully you see where I'm getting here).

I would have to argue that there's not enough incentive to play the game on an enjoyable level: What's there to do after reaching hero, warlord, commander, etc? There are no clearly defined objectives in the game, basically it's just mindless piping over and over and over again. There's up to nothing that players can work for other than getting or farming more credits to purchase stuff which sometimes have little to no significance (such as the bike, houses, etc), getting kills and wins for their factions (not many people band that well in faction and my faction is inactive at the moment), getting solo 1v1 or 2v2 achievements (which is pretty hard for nonvars and not many people can pull an overnighter--I need my sleep lol), or fighting NPCS to maintain a good-looking winning ratio (which oddly I do for the most part seeing that I don't want to be some rag doll to a lvl 34 OPED TLM but it's highly boring). How bout missions? You can only do them once which makes the value of missions a "one-timer", boring and not much of a challenge.

[EDIT] Players should at least feel that they're working for something provided that there is a good incentive. Here are some juicy titbits I thought about: *yum yum yum on nom nom nom

1.) How bout some "EPIC uber SET" like the ones they have in AQ? If such a feature were implemented in the game, Users will not only be interested but compelled and challenged to play more because they'll spend and devote the time to work for that goal (getting an epic set, epic weapon, or something, that costs 100k credits with "epic" looks, epic special or something epic about it like an epic status? Idk.). It'll help pronounce the effects of those who cherish "elitism" and also cultivate a greater sense of interest for the game's already "repetitive" platform. People will have a greater incentive to play because they are trying to fulfill towards workable goal that they may find to be both challenging, interesting and fun.

2.) Faction missions with partners or with a group of people (expand the already 2v1 boss interface and also make missions a lot more feasible). Players and team up with their friends or their buddies and do missions together like kill two biohazards, etc. This can be extended further to include faction participation (the faction will compete head on with other factions by assigning missions to individual members of the faction into specialized squads (Credit: Wiseman, I read this a long time ago since the old ED forum was moved here). Squads can compete with Sqauds and do "Wanted Dead or Alive" missions where the objective is to hunt down other faction squads. The squads can play individually or as a group (3v3 anybody?) to earn wins and ranks.

Of course there's gonna be some system that will ensure balance (like var vs. var or non var vs. non var). To ensure balance, a squad can only compete with another squad with equal faction influence, average group level, etc, (idk, but it's an idea lol).

3.) Missions in general can be improved. Something like a spinoff or a rendition of bludrut's dungeon (From AQworlds but I rarely play that game anymore, I retired :/), where you can go with a partner and battle a series of hazards or npcs. The lower you descend into the dungeon, the more stronger the monsters get. When you reach the bottom of the dungeon, the party (or group of members) receives special access to a limited shop with the dungeon rares (after completing the mission). This will bring a lot more colour to the already "Dull" mission interface where you can only do it once. Of course, such a feat will be proven difficult allowing users to experiment on builds as well as take up the challenge.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 11/1/2011 4:41:32 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
11/1/2011 8:09:42   
PivotalDisorder

how about you use the suggestions section ^^
Post #: 45
11/1/2011 16:58:12   
xxomegafaustxx

Well first, I like to see if anyone here wants to insert feedback or critique on this "proposal" template. If I put it on the suggestions forum too soon, I feel that it'll just get swamped with others in the mix and it won't be heard out. I would like to make my ideas more transparent, visible and open to the public (hence as to why I put it here in relationship to the topic), in interests to further garner support amongst individuals who feel the same likewise as myself on this issue.

[EDIT] Aside from that, yes, I'm definitely thinking on putting this on the suggestion section.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 11/1/2011 16:59:10 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
11/1/2011 18:02:13   
altimatum

when i feel like losing IQ points
Post #: 47
11/2/2011 5:48:18   
Dendavex

I come on epic duel to laugh at their delayed updates or play their good ones
Epic  Post #: 48
11/2/2011 13:27:54   
PivotalDisorder

when a "suggestion" is discussed in the general section it gets swamped and is likely to be missed by the staff.
the suggestion section and the official topics are supposed to be the ONLY ones the staff read for that reason.

nothing wrong with getting some more ideas before you post the suggestion though ;) just usually people don't
bother once they have discussed it here for a day or two. sorry it sounded like i was minimodding.
Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Why do you come on epicduel?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition