Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: NaNoWriMo 2011 - Can Robots Find Love? Comments

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: NaNoWriMo 2011 - Can Robots Find Love? Comments
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/22/2011 4:09:19   
Glais

quote:

Hundreds of other men and women also followed their predecessor’s values with staunch regularity.

Nice touch, gives this futuristic setting a certain...class.
quote:

Using this new badge gave her a great sense of pride. Women were typically given restricted badges – when they were given them at all – that only allowed them to travel to places that the men in their lives wanted them to go.

Didn't expect that.

Anyhow liking the story, though I would've preferred one more chapter about the male protagonist before it jumped to Teri's part, though as I haven't yet started chapter 3, it may be better how it is. I'll probably try to take a chapter a day or so.

On another note...I'd love to...see this, that is animated or something...
DF MQ  Post #: 26
11/23/2011 0:53:08   
superjars

@demolitiondragon, it has actually been a great experience for me, to push myself into keeping up with it. And as I topple 40k words today, I'm looking forward to the home stretch. I think I should be able to close in on 50k by the end of the holiday weekend. And beyond...?

@glaisaurus_x, I would say that I was just getting started into the story and I think chapter one and two are actually kind of short compared to some of the chapters I am working on now. That being said, I think a little more time spent introducing the characters and getting them better known, especially now that I know them a little more will be one of my first tasks during the revision process.

Today was a shorter day, due to going and playing some Settlers of Catan, but I'm still easily on track to finish ahead of schedule. Here is the starting of my climax chapter, number eleven!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
11/23/2011 21:27:10   
superjars

Today, I figured out something very cool about writing: Climax's and big reveals are insanely fun to write! I had decided about a week ago that I wanted to have my climax around 42,500 words and that has worked out perfectly. And now we start moving the characters and plot towards tying it up and setting the stage for possible sequels! It has been an exciting ride so far and I look forward to it coming to a close!

For those of you who have been following along with me and this novel, here is the rest of chapter eleven!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
11/25/2011 2:53:58   
superjars

And the climax continues with some more interesting commentary and reveals. Either chapter twelve or chapter thirteen will be the last for this novel. I wrote way early this morning, then was gone almost all day doing Thanksgiving stuff with some cool new friends.

Here is chapter twelve!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
11/26/2011 0:03:56   
superjars

I am hitting a problem as I close in on 50,000 words. I'm not sure how to end this book. What I've got going on lends itself to the beginnings of an entirely different story, one which began to start forming about 2/3 through this one. How do I find a good place to stop for the story? We'll see how I can figure that out!

Anyway, here's some more of chapter twelve!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
11/26/2011 14:33:14   
superjars

I got over the issue. I think it was caused by tiredness, and now that I'm more awake, things just came together nicely.

For your reading pleasure, I give you the end of chapter twelve, which brings us to the end of the novel!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
11/30/2011 23:31:37   
superjars

Today's the last day of NaNoWriMo, and I've started the revision process. If you ever hit a bout of writer's block, I'd consider doing something like NaNoWriMo. It's great for just forcing you to put whatever is in your story brain on paper (or in type) and push through it. Goals are good. Any who read this first draft (as crappy as it might be), enjoy!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
12/1/2011 2:40:23   
demolitiondragon
Constructively Friendly!

Well done, Superjars! ^^ Glad you stuck with it.
Post #: 33
12/29/2011 1:10:54   
demolitiondragon
Constructively Friendly!

Sorry for double-post, but would you mind if I took this with me when I go away?
Post #: 34
1/3/2012 19:37:16   
Glais

Ah, finally made it back, longtime overdue.
Anyhow, chapter 3 was good, finally some conflict and such, though I expect 4&5 will probably be better, as they'll likely focus on more conflicts.

Liking focus on both main characters here, haven't read enough to have a real opinion on the universe yet.
DF MQ  Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: NaNoWriMo 2011 - Can Robots Find Love? Comments
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition