Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Gladiator

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Gladiator
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/12/2011 21:08:49   
The_Archiver

Chapter 1
Battle

The doors opened up as Rick walked out of them. Armed with his Glory Blade, he felt confident that he could defeat any enemy he would be pitted against. As he walked into the light, the crowd’s cheers turned into a single deafening roar. Rick was afraid he would go deaf from the sound. He continued to the center circle of the arena.
As he approached his stand he saw that his enemy was Lonis, the legendary half-cat warrior. But after his initial shock he saw that Lonis was not accompanied by his soul accomplice, Lomgov. Rick was then sure that he could take him.
As the announcer started to give the regular speech about the rules and regulations, Rick stared at Lonis, watching his eyes flick from left to right, nervously watching everyone. When their eyes locked on each other they stared straight through to each other’s soul. Suddenly, the announcer broke through their glares as he finished his speech.
“In the offensive spot, Rick ‘Dinky’ Jones, the warrior and savior of Fearside, and in the defensive spot, Lonis, the feared and legendary warrior of Lom!”
“Now, we will have the official pledge given by the two warriors.”
Rick decided to go first. Clutching his blade to his heart, he saluted Lonis and began to speak.
“Lonis, I salute you with my life. My spirit is yours to claim if you do so succeed in slaying me. But as the offensive, I will fight mercilessly and without pause. Your skill will be tested, so you shall be brought down.”
Lonis then went.
“Rick Jones, I salute you with my life. My spirit is yours to claim if you do so succeed in slaying me. But as the defensive, I will defend flawlessly and without rest. Your skill will be tested, so you shall be brought down.”
As the announcer finishes his quick declaration of the expectations of the audience, Lonis and Rick give a final salute and draw their weapons. Rick was surprised that, despite the ferociousness of Lonis’s legend, he drew only a small staff, with small spheres on each end. Rick grew only surer that he could beat him.
Before either of them could do anything else, the announcer started the countdown.
“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5...”
The staff in the arena ran to the cover of the heavy doors.
“...4, 3, 2, 1, 0, LET THE FIGHT BEGIN!!”
Rick pushed all other thoughts out of his head.
“I need to fight, I need to kill him.”
And with that, Lonis and Rick rushed at each other.

Rick brings his sword down hard, aiming to split Lonis’s head. But, his title of half-cat wasn’t just for looks. Lonis brings his staff up, blocking the blade, and then slams the end into Rick’s gut. Rick goes down, but tries to get up as fast as possible, but it is for not as Lonis sends his foot straight at his head. A bone cracking snap echoes through the arena; Rick lies on the ground, a huge dent in his forehead, blood trickling out from his nose. He isn’t moving, and as Lonis stares, he sees his chest fall.
Lonis raises his staff to the crowd, who sits there, in awe of his quick victory. As the crowd slowly begins to clap the announcer silences everyone with three words.
“Wait for it.”
The audience suddenly stops, staring bug-eyed at Lonis. Lonis waits for a few seconds, and then slowly turns around. There, with his blade above his head, the blood leaking from his nose stands Rick.
“I told you I would kill you.”
The audience watches as the blade goes cleanly through his head. The body drops, and a pool of blood quickly covers the ground around him.

After the other fights had concluded, people began to leave their seats; of course they didn’t forget to leave their favor for the winners and their sorrow for the losers. Rick just stands at the gate, holding the healing bag to his head, that kick hurt, but he’s glad the healers are skilled.
After the crowd had gone Rick joined with the other victors in the Iron Room. As he walks in he sees Serpent, Nerrfy, Witch and I-9 sitting at one of the tables.
“What hails to the victor Rick?” asks I-9 as Rick sits down.
“Not much, we lost Lonis. He nearly killed me with that kick.”
“We heard about that, how did you stay conscious?” Witch asks as she finishes her drink.
“If I hadn’t seen his kick coming I’m sure he would have killed me. Thankfully I got just enough magic to shield that kick so I didn’t eat it, but I fought to stay conscious that whole time.”
As the next few hours go by, the group gets more and more tired and eventually only Rick is left.
“We gonna be closed in while, you leave soon?” asked a worker. Rick looked up from his drink; he was lost in thought about the future of these games and what they would do to the country.
“Oh yeah, sorry; I’ll be leaving in a while.” After another hour the same worker came over to Rick and picked him up and threw him out.
“What the hell was that for?” Rick walks back through the empty streets and behind the dark houses. He enters his house on the edge of town and goes up to his room, hits the bed and falls asleep.

END CHAPTER

< Message edited by The_Archiver -- 11/16/2011 23:58:07 >

-9C
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
11/14/2011 20:36:49   
The_Archiver

Chapter 2
Operation

Lonis opened his eyes to see...nothing. Darkness enveloped the room he was in. He could smell the scent of three people in the room. He finally came out of his sleep only to be welcomed by a splitting migraine. Words couldn’t begin to describe the pain he felt; he fought to overcome it, but lost and went unconscious.
When he awoke again, the pain in his head had subsided to a minor headache. The only thing he could remember before this was Rick standing behind him with his sword above his head. Lonis tried to get up, but he was stopped short due to the iron shackles around his hands and feet. He heard voices around him, yet when he called out he got no response. He then heard a metal clanking as something was lowered from the ceiling. Suddenly a voice spoke from the darkness.
“Well, Lonis, how are you feeling? I hope the headache has gotten better.” The voice, as Lonis listened, actually seemed to be many voices speaking in unison.
“We were sorry that your first experience in your new life was so painful, but we hadn’t expected you to awake so soon.”
“We must account for your animalistic capabilities next time.”
“Who are you, why am I tied down, and why is this place so dark?” Lonis panicked and thrashed around on the table, but to no avail.
“We don’t want to hurt you, but we needed you to be awake before we could perform the operation; the screams of our victims make our work so much easier.”

The sinister laughing that followed made Lonis thrash even more, but still to no avail. Suddenly a light comes on, not much, but enough to see the three faces of creatures that made Lonis scream in pure and total terror, no, an emotion beyond terror, the pure essence of fear. They slowly take tools and lift them to their faces, maybe to scare Lonis even more, or maybe for joy.
They approach him and hoard around him like a pack of zombies and begin the operation. Cutting and sawing into Lonis, he screams and thrashes, but it doesn’t do any good. He screams and screams until they finish. Lonis is then released, but he no longer tries to flee towards the door, in fact, he doesn’t do anything, he is dead. His body is a shell, but even that won’t be saved from the doctor’s End final step in the operation. They pick up all the pieces and dropped them into a pile.
“We are done; the twins are one more step complete.”

END CHAPTER

chapter three in 1 day(s).

< Message edited by The_Archiver -- 11/16/2011 23:58:18 >

-9C
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
11/17/2011 22:16:53   
The_Archiver

Chapter 3
Theft

Rick awoke with a startle, he thought he had heard a scream, but that can’t be true, no one was awake at this hour. He got out of his bed, surprised to see he hadn’t even gotten out of his armor. He took it off and replaced it with a new one, then took the old armor and placed it on the stand where his servant would get it and clean it. He grabbed some hog leg off the table and walked outside to the iron room, today wasn’t his day to fight.
“Ahh, you, how good to see ya, ‘Dinky’. HAHAHAHAHA!”
Rick knew instantly who the voice belonged to; Mick NH, one of the strongest warriors in the Fights and one of the Odd Four. Rick was surprised to see he didn’t have his armor on.
“What Mick, feeling brave enough to go out without your armor on I see.” Rick wasn’t in the mode for talking, or fighting.
“Smart-ass punk, that’s a nice sword, give it here.” Rick paused for a second and that was enough for Mick to get right in front of Rick and take the blade.
“Hahaha, dumb as always I see; here, let me help.” There was a smack as Mick hit Rick on the back of the head with his sword and he fell to the floor.

Later, Rick woke up; he got up and dusted off.
“I’m gonna kill that damn guy.” Rick went to the Iron Room and ordered a heavy potion. He saw Rebal and sat down in front of him.
“Hey Rick, I saw that fight.”
“Dude, wasn’t much of a fight, he hit me and I went unconscious. He took my sword.”
“Geez, how ya gonna get it back, he ain’t just gonna give it to ya.”
“I know, but a few punches to the face ought to be pretty convincing. He wasn’t wearing any armor when I saw him, so he probably hasn’t put any back on.”
Rick wasn’t really in the mood to do anything but get drunk and pass out. He was still groggy from the dream last night; he had seen Lonis get torn to pieces in a dark room and he wasn’t dealing with that well. He and Lonis had been friends for quite a while, so he was sad to see him die.

After searching for about an hour, he found Mick hanging around a few girls impressing them with ‘his’ blade. As Rick predicted, he wasn’t wearing any armor.
“Dude! What the hell are you doing with my blade?” Mick looks up at him, the surprise in his eyes turning to furry as soon as he saw Rick wasn’t playing around. Rick walks up to him and punches him twice in the face. Mick stares at him, blood running from his nose and a bruise already forming on his check.
“Next punch ain’t gonna be so light.”
“You!” Mick runs up to him and slams the blades hilt into his temple and then grabs his neck. A knee to the groin dropped Rick and a bad-ass kick to the face finished him. But, just as he did the day before, Rick used some magic to shield him, but Mick was stronger than the shield and broke through it as Rick stares in surprise. He falls to the ground as Mick laughs in his face.
“*spit* ha, ya dumb-ass, should ‘a just left me alone. I’m still keeping the sword.”

END CHAPTER

chapter 4 in 3 day(s)

< Message edited by The_Archiver -- 11/19/2011 19:35:13 >

-9C
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
11/28/2011 18:43:51   
The_Archiver

For every 100 views that each post gets, they will get another post.

-9C
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Gladiator
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition