Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/24/2011 20:59:23   
Jekyll

I think Maul should be removed from TLM. Given how strong they are, 1 extra turn for them almost guarantees a win.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
11/25/2011 0:27:18   
Hun Kingq

goldslayer1, 20% that is just screwing over the Blood mage once again because it would be less than Blood Lust and Less than reroute for both regains.
we already get crap for health regain with 23%. I tried Blood Lust at different levels and only way the Blood Mage gets anything viable from it, is at max. For bounty hunters it may be fine because they have a lot of low energy using skills that they don't need reroute. You know as soon as the blood Mage gets hit with an EMP or a successful Atom Smasher that is it for our skills no energy return at all. I was hit with a level 1 EMP and it took away 28 points of energy and to survive in 2vs2 you have to have high dex which means low energy. Basically the blind folded and tied on hand behind the Blood Mages back and told him got fight in battle.

The code can be written for all my ideas and if it is tested 30% is too much they can make it lower and if they put it in the actual game just to see what blood mages put it and see that maybe one or two put it on max and the rest don't and those two have high losses that is when we see it is fine just as it is.

If they incorporate my ideas then they don't have to take away any skills from anyone, would not have to nerf anyone, and the Blood mage class would be more desirable to join and would see more on the leader boards. I had 139 2vs2 wins with only 10 losses thanks to either lost connections or bad partners but was not on the leader board once.

They should put my ideas into action and you will not only see balance but also how the Blood Mage was meant to be which will help the programmers concentrate on other things then constant nerfs and balancing acts.
Epic  Post #: 27
11/25/2011 0:54:04   
goldslayer1

quote:

20% that is just screwing over the Blood mage once again because it would be less than Blood Lust and Less than reroute for both regains.

its a 2 in one passive. its still alot better than having both bloodlust and reroute. because this is a mix.
u also deal with less requirements. like skills points or stats.
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
11/25/2011 0:59:56   
AQWPlayer

Easy fix to BM: Give them diamond blades :D lol jk. What about replacing intimidate with smoke screen? The testers should give it a try before insta-discarding this idea.
AQW  Post #: 29
11/25/2011 1:43:52   
edwardvulture

Hun King I seen you couple of times in battle and have a blood mage myself, the problem is that you don't have enough life. You see, blood mage is an offensive class, it won't be kept alive by boosters, its passive only works when you attack, so instead of boosting and healing you have to keep attacking them forcing them to be defensive. Maybe you could ask voidance for a build, he seems to be good at making them because 88 life with high strength and 5 bonus won't work, to be effective it's either one or the other.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
11/25/2011 2:20:22   
Sipping Cider

I say blood mage is a fine class, except maybe to many solid damage abilities(fireball, plasma cannon, ect...). Blood lust, berzerk, and deadly aim offer a deadly combination. If your energy gets taken out that provides one extra turn for an already quick kill class that your enemy may not be able to afford.

I played all classes except for bounty hunter and tech mage, and I would actually have to say the classes are in the most balance they have ever been. There are slightly unfair advantages to the tactical mercenaries and I actually found the tech mage to be a beast class, but I think the balance team should focus on ballancing the abilities now, regardless to what class has them.

The re-scaling and change to the abilities that improved with strength was a great improvement. Now I think many other abilities need to be rescaled like them so each level in an ability gives an edge, but even a level 1 ability is useful.

Diminishing effects in a skill should all go away. That means changes to reroute, blood lust, hybrid armor, and many solid damage abilities. If need be the starting value of these skills could be lowered so the max in the ability stays the same, or the change in each level of the ability could be changed.

As for level 1 abilities be useful no matter what, that just means changing the solid damage abilities. Even with the level adjustment update a high level character with one level in a solid damage ability will not use that ability. I propose that the base damage for all these abilities be your primary damage, and then each level in the ability adds damage equal to a percent of a skill. For example: a level 1 in plasma bolt could do damage equal to your primary plus 10% of your technology.
Epic  Post #: 31
11/25/2011 3:55:44   
goldslayer1

so luck factors need to be adjusted.
a 27 dex build blocked me twice while smoked. and i didn't block him. (i had 111 dex)
not only that. he stunned me twice, critted once (with same support) and deflected twice.
even tho i got him to 26 hp i still lost it.

then in another match again when i had 111 dex i was blocked 3 times against someone with 36 dex.

just how much dex do i need to not get blocked so often?
every time i use more and more only to still keep having the same results.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 11/25/2011 3:56:51 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
11/25/2011 3:57:42   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@Gold, i use 47 +49 dex, i do not get blocked often at all. Also, Celtic Cleaver helps, but even when i don't use that weapon (heh, that isn't often) i do not get blocked much.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
11/25/2011 4:04:40   
goldslayer1

@digitial
well idk about u.
but i always have bad luck.
i had this match against a tlm.
i went first, i used atom so he cant smoke me. (he had 62 dex, while i had 11)
he mauled me (it hit). then i smoke him. (got blocked
after that he strikes again and it hits with a crit/
i use maul and it stun.
then i use frenzy
after that he uses maul again and stun me with a crit. then strikes me and i loose.
keep in mind i had 111 dex the whole time while he had 62. and then getting nerfed by my smoke.
and i never got a block while he did get one (even tho it wasn't with smoke on).
he still got lcuky on 2 crits and a stun.

u see what i mean by extreme bad luck?
and he was the same guy that did the 2 stuns, 1 crit, 2 deflects, and 2 blocks

and to my surprise his build wasn't good, and stats weren't well placed.
yet he manages to beat me with extreme luck when i have a really good fine tuned build and well thought out stat placement along with strategy.
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
11/25/2011 4:22:51   
Remorse

I agree luck is iffy.

And it should be looked into to make it mor deserving ( not removed)

BUT, it should not be top priority, Changing luck now with current balance issues will only make balance even worse.

If things get better in soon releases like they claim Im all for supporting changes in luck.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 11/25/2011 4:23:34 >
Epic  Post #: 35
11/25/2011 4:24:14   
goldslayer1

quote:

And it should be looked into to make it mor deserving ( not removed)

i never suggested anything about removing
i only suggested about making it fair. (like it was in beta)
the lowest amount of block chance should be 0%
not 4%
because with 4% ur capable of blocking me 5 times in a row, thats how absurd it can get.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 11/25/2011 4:26:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
11/25/2011 4:36:47   
Remorse

I never assused you of anything...

But making something 0% even if that is the minumum IS removing it basically, giving those with wepons stats and level advanatge an extreme advantage.

Luck rates have been basicsally the same since beta.

The only reason why you think luck was better in beta is because power builds didnt dominate.

These days you must be able to keep up with power or withstand the power, to last. end result is any spontanious changes to you "keeping up with power" or "Withsatnding the power" are now greatly influecial in other words luck is now too influecning due to the rise of power!

Solution?
SLow the rise of power, Things like stat didmishing is an example not unfotuantely the greatest release but it was necesary.

Or

Reduce luck, But keep in mind this will only make power builds extremly more powerful and basically cut out variety strategy from this game and whoever starts would be given a MAJOR advantage.

Why?

I blame the rise of power on echancements, if their was some way to lower enahcments impact or perhaps restrict enhacments to only perhaps armour, I think it would be a great end result for balance especially in the long run for ED. Temporariy changes only last a while yes they can Nerf TLMs and they should but it is likely that other stratgies and wepons /classes will lead to power being abused once agian until the basis of the problem is resvolved, In other words enahcments.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 11/25/2011 4:37:18 >
Epic  Post #: 37
11/25/2011 4:41:11   
Gepard Acht

how about giving BM iron skin, i forgot if the skill was from this game or a dif game, of so nvm
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
11/25/2011 4:58:42   
goldslayer1

quote:

But making something 0% even if that is the minumum IS removing it basically, giving those with wepons stats and level advanatge an extreme advantage.

so for u its apparently ok that i have 80+ dex more than my enemy yet he can still block me twice in a row?
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
11/25/2011 5:49:19   
Remorse

^ No its not ok,

But do you think its ok,

That a non varium has absolutely NO chance OF winning thanks to the fact they have far less stats thanks to the ripp off that is enhacements.

ARE YOU SAYING THAT a non varium who might try and get as much dex as the posibally can without making a fail build up agianst a cheap varium player like you have absolutely no chance of a block WHY dont you start thinking less selfish for once!

And stop blaming other people for you rotten luck.
Epic  Post #: 40
11/25/2011 5:54:58   
goldslayer1

quote:

But do you think its ok,

That a non varium has absolutely NO chance OF winning thanks to the fact they have far less stats thanks to the ripp off that is enhacements.

i think its NOT ok for anyone with 0 dex to block if he has varium or not.

quote:

ARE YOU SAYING THAT a non varium who might try and get as much dex as the posibally can without making a fail build up agianst a cheap varium player like you have absolutely no chance of a block WHY dont you start thinking less selfish for once!

im cheap yet i support the game. isn't that ironic. u sure its not the non var thats cheap?
im not trying to hate or anything but seriously without varium players this game wouldn't exist because we all know nobody would make games for free these days therefor the staff would shut the game down if it isn't producing. = that non var wont be able to play at all.

and idk if u payed attanetion to frequent releases, but they are slowly begining to close the gap.
maybe u should stop being so dramatic when it comes to arguments and be more realistic, then maybe u would actually make more sense.

quote:

And stop blaming other people for you rotten luck.

i never blamed someone else for my bad luck. i blamed the messed up RNG, please read everything i say before saying something like that.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 11/25/2011 5:55:36 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
11/25/2011 6:01:34   
Remorse

quote:

so for u its apparently ok that i have 80+ dex more than my enemy yet he can still block me twice in a row?

I call that "blaming" or passing off you complaints about luck.

When I said you were cheap, I didnt mean you didnt spend varium, oh no In that respect you are expansive!

I menat You are cheap as in you like to gain the easiest advanatge werever you can and if it means never wanting to give non variums a chance with luck so be it in your opinion.

Yes they are reducing the non varium gap, and it is great but with 0% lucks avaiable their is no denying that lazy abusive piler builds will be 10 times more oped then they are now and non variums will have another disadvanatge.

Sry for being so dramtic its just hard not to when you see all the biaes that comes out of you mouth.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 11/25/2011 6:02:03 >
Epic  Post #: 42
11/25/2011 6:07:42   
goldslayer1

quote:

Yes they are reducing the non varium gap, and it is great but with 0% lucks avaiable their is no denying that lazy abusive piler builds will be 10 times more oped then they are now and non variums will have another disadvanatge.

see ur being over dramatic.
ur average enemy will have atleast 70 dex
my smoke is 33. and i have 111
i wont have 80dex over him.
however a non varium lvl 29 with default wep would be in this case below the 0%
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
11/25/2011 6:09:39   
Remorse

Yes but your still implying the luck rates will be reduced and hence the power builds will become even more powerful and I know you know.
Because its quite obvious that your one to favor these types of builds and the only thing stopping them especially if they start is bad luck.
Epic  Post #: 44
11/25/2011 6:15:30   
goldslayer1

@remorse
ur trying to say only I would benefit from enemy having 0% when i have +80 dex over him?
that makes no sense.
seriously get realistic here. this doesn't just affect me. it will affect everyone.
why should a support build have like 62 dex and a ton of support. having more crit chance, chance of going first, aux damage and still block me more than i block him when i have 49 more dex than him? the support part i can understand. but the dex part no.
it makes no sense at all.

BTW, u dont know me.
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
11/25/2011 6:21:07   
Comment

Hey guys... I am not sure if I'm in the right thread.

I heard somewhere that Founder items (or older items) will not be boosted. I believe this isn't fair. We Founders got a set.... I agree. But is it as powerful as the latest Delta Set? And even an armor powerful than Founder's was released. I think it was called Tesla. Shouldn't we be given a better boost? We supported the game early and Deltans (yea..i made that up) get better items. I'm open to criticism and improvement
AQ DF  Post #: 46
11/25/2011 6:27:42   
supermasivo

Have u realized that if u have visual lag ur attacks get alot more blocked ?' for example: I was with spotify/Youtube player ON and i had some visual lag (on my very slow notebook) when a turn off all music players game went FASTER and i almost connect 95% of all hits...strange.

< Message edited by supermasivo -- 11/25/2011 6:28:48 >
Epic  Post #: 47
11/25/2011 6:28:07   
goldslayer1

@comment
im sorry to tell u my friend but founder was long overdue to be dethroned.
founder was the best armor for a year and a half.
for that time limit they didn't have to be bother buying other armors to stay competitive.
while we the non founders had to keep buying the next best thing to get as much fairness as possible compared to founder.

i spent atleast 5 times more money on armors alone and enhancing them then u did purchasing ur founder armor alone.
and that isn't fair.
i can keep going on for more details however it would be a very long post.

quote:

Have u realized that if u have visual lag u block more?' for example: I was with spotify/Youtube player ON and i had some visual lag (on my very slow notebook) when a turn off all music players game went FASTER and i almost connect 95% of all hits...strange.

by ur logic i should never be blocked then. because my computer has high speed internet along with 1500 GBs of hard drive and 8 gbs ram.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 11/25/2011 6:29:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
11/25/2011 6:49:12   
Comment

I see... I just felt the 35$ I spent was kinda gone in vain.

EDIT = And the weapons (Beta)?? I found a 14000 credit gun that was better than my founder one. Is it the same reason as founder armor?

< Message edited by Comment -- 11/25/2011 6:51:34 >
AQ DF  Post #: 49
11/25/2011 6:54:17   
goldslayer1

quote:

I see... I just felt the 35$ I spent was kinda gone in vain.

i guess the $150 i spent on the old armors i dont use anymore are gone in vain too.
sorry to hear ur loss my friend.

and beta weps are lvl 25
u will never find any wep at that lvl that has that many stats.
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition