Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(HS) Eclipsing the Darkness

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> (HS) Eclipsing the Darkness
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/23/2011 17:48:01   
Shadowlight1

Alright, my first real fan-fiction about my HS character, Eclipse. I would like to make a bunch of chapters but I'll see how interesting this one will be before I really get into it. Also, any names that may be used in my stories that match that of an existing Herosmash character is coincidental. So ayways, here I goes.

Chapter 1: Memory

Eclipse was floating in the air several thousand feet above the city, his thick armor was weightless to him. The weakness of having a strong armor was, of course, it's weight. But to one who has mastered his skills is gravity control, that weakness was easily overcome. Eclipse scanned over the city, looking for anything unusual. But there seemed to be no nothing that required his assistance today.
Eclipse sighed, "What should I do..."
Without thinking, he produced a burst of plasma from his hand and began to idly juggle them. Eclipse possessed what he said was the power of the universe, he could produce plasma, bend solar energy, and control gravity. This made him one of the most powerful of all heroes. But not so long, he faced an opponent that matched his skills with his own. After they reached what appeared to be a stale-mate, the foe claimed that he only used a fraction of his power before vanishing. Eclipse didn't even know the name of this foe, only that he seemed able to create objects out of nothing and used them masterfully.

As Eclipse thought back of this experience he gave a shout of frustration and aimed his open palm downward towards the water below him. A burst of energy was released from his palm that expanded as it traveled. As it contacted the water, Eclipse saw a large indentation in the shape of a handprint appear in the water before the water filled the space with a loud spack. That was Eclipse's Gravity Palm that leaved a large handprint on any large surface that it contacts.
Eclipse thought back on the foe that he could not conquer, he deflected Eclipses's plasma, resisted his gravity-based attacks, and saw through Eclipse's invisibility that he made by deflecting sunlight away from his body.
But that was nearly a week ago and this mysterious foe had to this point failed to show himself again for a second confrontation. But Eclipse was afaraid that this foe was indeed as powerful as he claimed.
"I must become stronger," he thought to himself,"before I fight him again."

Eclipse thought back to when he first gained his powers, when he was on a shuttle for his first lunar mission, how he went out to check out the damage caused by a small asteroid striking the ship, how a total solar eclipse had become complete while he was outside the ship, how something within his body changed as a result of it.
"I still don't know how I gained my powers," Eclipsed confessed to himself, "a solar eclipse at a close distance was the apparent cause, but there must be a deeper meaning. Perhaps I can learn more about my powers if I investigate further."
Eclipse made up his mind. He charged up some energy and flew at great speed straight up into space. Towards the moon.

< Message edited by Shadowlight1 -- 11/26/2011 19:22:55 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
11/30/2011 17:48:35   
Shadowlight1

Chp 2: Encounter

Eclipse was lying on his bed, armor removed, staring directly at his bedroom ceiling. His venture to the moon had turned up no new answers to the many questions that clouded his mind. He closed his eyes and looked back on the hours he spent searching over the moon's surface in vain, hoping that that the power he possessed would react to its source. But no such luck. Eclipse glanced at his clock, it read 6:17 in the morning on Saturday. He had spent all night searching the moon, but he didn't feel tired; of course, that was natural for one with superhuman endurance. Eclipse decided to get at least a little sleep before getting up.
As he closed his eyes, he heard a voice inside of his head,"Meet me on the deserted outskirts of the City for a rematch with me, every minute you delay risks innocents being killed..."
Eclipse sat up straight, knowing it wasn't a dream, he grabbed his armor and helmet that he had specially constructed and flew through the morning sky.

As Eclipse flew, he knew exactly where to go, as if the directions were placed within his mind. He landed at the location but saw no one. "I am here, show yourself!" he demanded.
His response was a chuckle that seemed to reverberate around him. As he looked ahead, he saw a male figure cloaked entirely in white so that only his eyes were showing. Eclipse recognized this as the only one that he was unable to defeat up to this point. "Ah, I am glad to see that you have made it "hero". This time I shall introduce myself, my name is Mirage, we fought before, but this time, you will not leave this place, this wasteland shall be your grave." Eclipse said nothing, but readied himself for battle.

A white fog materialized out of nothing and covered the entire area. Eclipse was unable to see anything and was soon hit across his face so hard that his helmet was knocked off into the fog. Fearing for his identity, he ran after it but was unable to find it. He heard another laugh followed by a voice, "So that's what you look like under that bucket, interesting." Feeling frustrated, Eclipse created an orb of compresses gravitational energy in his hand and lobbed it into the fog. It exploded, sending the force in all directions, eliminating the fog.

Mirage was standing several yards away. A glint appeared in his eye and dozens of throwing knives appeared in the air around him. He threw them at such speed that the first one sliced Eclipse's face before he created a repulsive barrier around himself to block the rest. He wiped the blood from his face as he looked for an opening to counterattack. "Very good," Mirage clapped his hands mockingly,"but can you dodge the big ones?" A shadow fell across Eclipse; when he looked up, he saw several spears, each the length and thickness of large trees, falling point-down from the sky towards him.

He moved quickly to dodge, knowing that they fell too fast for him to block or effectively deflect. Several of them would have impaled him if he had not altered their course with a quick repulsive force. Eclipse considered making a small black hole to deal with this guy, but that would be dangerous both to himself and the area around him since he had little control over the destructive power at this time. But he had no time to plan a strategy, Mirage laughed again and snapped his fingers, the wasteland was immediately immersed in flames that burned over rocks and dirt. Eclipse felt himself being smothered by the heat but started ascending to a safe distance. He heard Mirages voice,"Now, how about some water to put out that fire?" The air shook around Eclipse and he had a glimpse of a massive wall of water above him before it crashed down upon him. Mirage smiled devilishly and a lightning bolt fell into the flood where Eclipse went under.

"That should finish it," he muttered to himself, while floating in the air above the flood, his eyes suddenly widened in surprise as a beam of concentrated solar energy pierced through his chest as Eclipse rose from the water. He barely had time to create another repulsion shield around himself before being smothered by the wave. Eclipse stopped projecting his beam, but Mirage seemed to not even feel it. He laughed "You'll have to do better than that!" Eclipse, feeling slightly more alarmed, bent the sunlight away from his body to make himself invisible. He then started shooting rapid blasts of plasma energy toward his foe, that seemed to go right through him. Mirage quickly flew towards Eclipse and punched him across the face, though he was invisible, and knocked him through the air.

Mirage landed on the ground, which was for some reason, already dry from the flood that was on it moments before. "Invisibility cannot stop me, I can turn myself invisible as well." With that, he indeed turned himself invisible. Eclipse recovered from his blow and floated in the air trying to detect Mirage below him. Losing his temper, he began firing Gravity Palms indiscriminately towards the ground, leaving multiple large handprint indentations. He heard a voice behind him, "Missed me" Eclipse sliced the air behind him with a solar energy blade on his arm that hit nothing. "I've had enough fun, I think I'll end you now" Mirage said.

Chains shot out from the ground that wrapped around Eclipse's arms and legs and pulled him to the ground, binding him. Mirage appeared a short distance away, a sword appeared from nowhere in his hand and he advanced towards the bound hero. Unable to free himself, despite using his powers, Eclipse closed his eyes and thought of how Mirage was fighting the whole time, how he seemed to be toying with Eclipse the whole time, knowing he would win. But there was no one that possessed the power to create things the way he could, unless of course he had never created anything to began with. "Your name....is Mirage...right?" Eclipse realized what has been going on.

He knew what he needed to do, he thought back on the time that he underwent Zen training at his home country in his youth. He focused his mind to see past what the senses perceived, and saw through the illusion just before Mirage impaled him. When he opened his eyes, he saw Mirage standing a short distance away, looking panicked. He tried to run, so Eclipse pulled him towards him and suspended him upside-down in front of him, Mirage's fists were pointlessly trying to strike Eclipse from his position. "Those were some nice mind games you played, but you showed off too much and made it quite obvious that it was an illusion" Eclipse said,"I should have guessed just by your name...Mirage; your illusions attack the brain and makes it think that it sustained the pain that you inflicted, you could even kill like that." Eclipse felt his face, which he found still had his helmet over it, the injuries he had were gone but he fould still feel the pain.

"So you beat me, good for you. But I am but one member of an even larger organization" he smiled, "you will soon find out, as you face more members of the Crusade."
"I'll be ready for it." Eclipse said.

Hours later, Eclipse lay in bed again, feeling totally exhausted. Mirage was in solitary confinement, but Eclipse knew the challenges were just beginning. "I have a feeling this Crusade will not be for the advancement of Christianity.."

< Message edited by Shadowlight1 -- 12/1/2011 15:14:31 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
12/16/2011 18:05:00   
Shadowlight1

*deleted*

< Message edited by Shadowlight1 -- 1/8/2012 12:12:58 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> (HS) Eclipsing the Darkness
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition