Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/9/2012 4:01:35   
Glais

I like your new story premise. Much more interesting than the other (not that I disliked the other, but it was so long, I would have never caught up). With this, I can read as you update!

An Elf I see. Hm, seems a lot of people really like Elves. Half-Elf anyways.

I think I had another comment, but I no longer remember it...
DF MQ  Post #: 26
5/9/2012 12:13:06   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

*A cloaked figure rises from the shadows.*

A new beginning I see? Looks promising.

Since you are a half-elf, do you know Dracelix in your story?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 27
5/9/2012 17:26:48   
Glais

I wonder though, if Dracelix was included, would it be somewhat difficult to write him? Since we know nothing about him really.
DF MQ  Post #: 28
5/9/2012 19:43:47   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

@glaisaurus: While I enjoyed writing Shadow of Ignorance, I felt I should begin to write my own story rather than a retelling of Dragonfable's normal story. I had been entertaining the thought for quite some time, but I just started to write the other night.
@DD: This story will be taking place a fair amount of time before the Dragonfable we know. Thus, some of Dragonfable's younger characters (Such as Dracelix, Artix, Konnan, etc.) will not be involved. However, I will be incorporating some of the older characters if possible.
I may not have as many opportunities to write as I would like due to school, but I'll be clearing up time for writing whenever possible. This weekend is looking like a good possibility!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
5/9/2012 19:46:54   
Glais

Well I am glad you decided to. Not that I didn't like the other story, but we somewhat know where it's going.

The past? I set my own DF story there as well! A fun setting, plus it has more freedom in my opinion.
DF MQ  Post #: 30
5/12/2012 18:32:23   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

@glais: Hear hear! ^_^
The first true chapter of my story has been completed. This should provide a fairly good sense of when and where the events of my story will be taking place.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
5/15/2012 1:22:40   
Glais

Valen...? Oh dear...
DF MQ  Post #: 32
5/15/2012 1:26:55   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Oh dear indeed. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
5/15/2012 1:29:38   
Glais

I wonder what that will mean exactly. Funny how the setting is SwordHaven. I just find this interesting for some reason.
DF MQ  Post #: 34
5/16/2012 17:29:51   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@glaisaurus_x: It is the capital, the place where many legends are born before they head to Falconreach to realize their potential. Furthermore, we know little of Swordhaven which gives it a mythical aura almost, I suppose. Should I ever get there, I hope to make you see the potential the unexplored city holds.

@Faerdin: Not much of a surprise there, but I think it was more of a pleasant encounter than my character had with the first knight he met.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 35
5/20/2012 1:08:36   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Well, that's what you get when an amateur swordsman tries to take on a more experienced warrior. The knight holding back a bit during this evaluation. ^_^
Rewrote part of Chapter 1. Some of it sounded a little awkward to me, and I think it sounds a lot better now.

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 5/20/2012 3:20:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
5/20/2012 3:21:44   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Chapter 2 is up! If I've made any errors, it's probably because I chose to write this at midnight.
Either way, I'm hoping it's enjoyable.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
5/20/2012 9:42:33   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

quote:

Valen, the noble knight whose name was praised in every household, the man who collaborated personally with King Alteon during the fall of the tyrant King Slugwrath, had taken interest in him.

had collaborated (since you wrote "during the fall")

Other than that, it seems fine.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 38
5/20/2012 21:42:57   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

*Elryn grins*

That was quite something. I am looking forward to the next part.

In fact, it has inspired me and given me the drive to likely rewritten mine. My mind is buzzing with things. I hope this lasts.
AQ  Post #: 39
5/25/2012 5:46:47   
Glais

I look forward to that then Elryn, will have to give it a read when you're done.

Finished Chapter 2...kind of glad you subverted everyone's views on Valen actually.
DF MQ  Post #: 40
5/30/2012 0:52:30   
nield
Creative!

Just got around to reading chapters one and two, I find it... intruiging that you chose Valen, but, this is your tale to tell as you see fit, and it lays in truth where it is to be found. Enjoying it so far, and I've found no errors, other than the slight grammatical one DDL already noted.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
5/30/2012 1:09:11   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Valen would be the perfect tutor for Faerdin, in my opinion. A master swordsman and renowned hero loved by the people... what could possibly go wrong? ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
5/30/2012 1:10:52   
nield
Creative!

...On the offhand, I can offer around 20 possibilities. None of which revolve around Valen's descent into becoming Seppy. So.... You really don't want me to actually give that a proper answer
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
5/30/2012 4:30:40   
Glais

But I do! Oh how intriguing this shall be...
DF MQ  Post #: 44
6/26/2012 1:29:04   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

"So, I looked at this story. Hoping for a new chapter. And then there wasn't one. I was very disappointed." Is what I would say if I had kept updating my own L&L instead of leaving it go for... over a month now. So instead, I'll keep my mouth shut and not say anything at all. :P Look forward to the next chapter.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 45
8/12/2012 12:43:53   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Ah, L&L thread, how I've neglected you these past three months! D:
To anyone wondering, I'm beginning to work on the next two chapters of my story now. My duties in and out of the Forums have been keeping me occupied, so I think it's about time I continued the tale of Faerdin. This next chapter should provide more detail on Rune Knights and what they do on a daily basis, while the next one should delve deeper with Faerdin's struggles as he draws closer to completing his training.
Thought it would also be good to leave this here: a quote from my MtAK that I feel is significant.
quote:

What does a Rune Knight actually do?
After much thought, I've sort of decided that the Rune Knights once collaborated with the Guardians and DragonLords of Lore, making a sort of triumvirate group dedicated to preserving the balance of Lore's Elements. Guardians primarily stay near their towers in order to ensure the safety of the Elemental Orbs and nearby civilians, DragonLords search for threats in distant lands and tackle some of the more troubling concerns, and Rune Knights directly confront threats to the balance. While they aren't the most powerful of the three, Rune Knights are likely the closest to the Elemental Planes.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
8/12/2012 20:57:46   
Mortarion

Hmmmm, this has drawn my interest, I've got a question however, do things such as disease, evil, etc, count as elements for the guardians? And if that's the case, what are hteir views on them? ANyways, I'll read this,in a near future
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
8/12/2012 22:57:45   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Being Minor Elements without an Orb to represent them, Elements such as Disease, Evil, and Silver are of no concern to Rune Knights, Guardians, or DragonLords. They do not upset the balance and are not in any danger of being disrupted themselves. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
8/12/2012 23:01:47   
Mortarion

You really think disease hasn't got it's own orb? ;) *evil laugh*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
8/12/2012 23:41:42   
Glais

Well, as minor Elements don't get Orbs (outside fan material, presumably)...
DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition