Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 8«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/13/2012 5:54:18   
Mortarion

Well, I am sure that, theorically, you gather enough elemental power of a minor element, you could make an orb for it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
8/14/2012 11:16:15   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

The coalescence of Elemental Orbs using a Minor Element could arguably be done, but since there are no Elemental Lords, Avatars, or Planes of these Elements, they would be far weaker than the Elemental Orbs. What makes the Elemental Orbs special is that they were coalesced by the Elemental Avatars themselves and, therefore, are remarkably powerful and unique. However, the Elemental Orbs aren't the primary focus of my story, and so this should be disregarded.
spoiler:

However, they might be a part of the future that Faerdin begins to impact toward the end of the story. ;)
It should also be noted that, since this story takes place in the past, the Element of Bacon does not have any presence on Lore yet.

Distractions have been abundant lately, but I am making progress on my story. Expect the next chapter to be posted soon!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
8/14/2012 17:54:16   
Mortarion

Hmmm intresting, and, by the way Faerdin, if you think it, human-made orbs can be "upgraded" so to speak, by adding more of said element to it, elemental orbs made by lord can't be "upgraded". But that's all, I'll make a comment when I read this story
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
8/15/2012 14:54:43   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Chapter three is up! I didn't expand upon the Rune Knights as much as I would have hoped, but I plan to amend that with my next chapter, which I plan to be my longest one yet. ^_^
Also, another thing has come to my attention.
spoiler:

Though my story is set within the timeline of Dragonfable, it has borrowed several story elements from the origin of Sepulchure in AQWorlds. After some nostalgic battles against the Irismancer, the inconsistencies between Sepulchure's origin in AQWorlds and the prophetic knowledge given by the Irismancer became all the more clear. I just want to say that, while this story will borrow some elements from the origins described in AQWorlds, it will be composed to better match the words of the Irismancer. That way, I think, it will be more suitable for Dragonfable.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
8/15/2012 19:24:19   
Glais

quote:

In the histories he had read under Gredal's instruction, Faerdin learned that it had been set upon the hallowed ground where the Elemental Avatars first graced humans with their presence.

Isn't this hundreds if not thousands of miles away from SwordHaven though? According to the WillowShire chain, that was when they first touched down, yes?

Anyhow, Good to incorporate the more DF version. Irismancer and whatnot.
DF MQ  Post #: 55
8/16/2012 8:15:41   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

A very interesting chapter, I cannot help but see the resemblance between my chapter 1 here.

From what I understand the RuneKnights have but one stronghold.

spoiler:

Have you come up with a reason as to why the RuneKnights and Dragonlords have allowed so many towers to fall? I'm having trouble enough with just an Order of powerful individuals who have dragons accompanying them.

@glaisaurus_x: Could you give me a quote on that?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 56
8/16/2012 9:22:49   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

The castle of the Rune Knights is not too far from Swordhaven, but neither is it an easy trip to make. I myself was unsure of where the Avatars exactly met with the humans and dragons of Lore, and since I hadn't seen the exact location mentioned in-game, I thought it wouldn't be too much of an issue. As for my spoiler, I had a feeling that veterans of Dragonfable would appreciate that. ;)
@DD:
spoiler:

The Guardian Towers have not fallen yet, nor will they fall during the course of my story. This is a time of great peace in Lore, ushered in by the united forces of the Guardians, DragonLords, and Rune Knights. However, this will not be true for long... The foundations of this peace will begin to crumble as the great darkness draws ever closer.
Indeed, you are correct in saying that this is their only stronghold. Guardians have their individual towers, DragonLords have Dragonsgrasp and other outposts throughout the land, and the Rune Knights have their castle. ^_^

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 8/16/2012 9:23:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
8/16/2012 10:00:10   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@Faerdin:

spoiler:

That can't be right for several reasons.

1. Popsprocket was built on the remains of a Guardian Tower.
2. The Prime Darkness Orb was claimed by Vayle during her youth. Presumably the tower's Guardians had been killed before then.
3. Sek, tyrant and traitor to the Guardians, was still at large.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 58
8/16/2012 10:29:48   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

spoiler:

My story does take place in the past, but I never knew exactly when... This will help allow me to solidify this.
First, this will take place in a time when Gnomes have yet to create Popsprocket... At most, they are beginning to band together and draw up schematics for what will be the center of Gnomish civilization, but they do not have a true home save for smaller, less prominent cities. Until the Guardian Tower where Popsprocket is built falls, they will be forced to go without a "capitol city" of sorts.
As I stated in an earlier post, my story will take place in a time when the majority of Dragonfable's younger characters (Artix, Vayle, Valencia, Robina, etc.) have not been born yet. The Guardian Tower of Doomwood still stands at this time, but the Elemental Plane of Darkness is steadily gaining power... Without a doubt, it will be among the first to fall.
As for the Guardian Tower of the Sandsea, I would imagine that contact with them is gradually beginning to recede as Sek-Duat grows more and more cruel. However, attention has not been attracted yet. Sek-Duat and his fellow Guardians still act as protectors of the Elemental Orb of Light, but Sek-Duat also acts as Emperor of the Sandsea and is abusing his position more and more with every passing year.
Taking this into account, as well as the fact that King Alteon, Valen, and two other characters I have plans for should be alive during this time, I would say that fifty years before Dragonfable would be accurate. King Alteon and Valen are both in the prime of their youth (One reason King Alteon was reluctant to accept the crown), the Blue Mage has had time to dwell over the events of the Alexander Saga, and (As I imagine it) Xan aimlessly wanders the countryside, burning indiscriminately and suffering the pain of his healing fire.
Good to finally have this established. If there are any issues with this you can foresee, don't be afraid to speak up. ;)

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 8/16/2012 10:33:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
8/16/2012 15:37:52   
Glais

@Dwelling:I was assuming when they gave us the Orbs, was when they first touched down. That occurred not far from WillowShire if I remember correctly. One of the last WillowShire quests I believe...
DF MQ  Post #: 60
8/16/2012 16:00:21   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

spoiler:

I'm not even sure if there even was a Guardian Tower in the Sandsea to begin with.

If your story is taking place 50 years prior to Dragonfable, then Sek would be ruler of the Sandsea for 950 years now.
Don't forget he claimed that with each "life" he became a little bit more cruel so that he may have 100 enemies to become alive again.

The next spoiler is how I imagine things for my own story.

spoiler:

Sek was hailed a hero and saviour upon his return to the great city in <censored>.

<censored> The city defied the rule of Slugwrath and instead chose Sek to become their emperor. <censored>

The life of an emperor got the better of Sek and he had many wives and treasures as befitted a man of his stature. His fellow Guardians befell a same fate, the luxury of the city turned them into rich and fat aristocrats. The same happened to Sek's sons. While the city had changed him, he knew he had still a duty to the world and he didn't trust his sons to be fit to wield a scepter, let alone the Prime Light Orb. <censored>
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 61
8/16/2012 16:03:52   
Glais

Spoilers are...a bit of a pain to highlight from here sorry, ai'll have to wait until I get hold of a computer if it's all the same to you.
DF MQ  Post #: 62
8/16/2012 17:46:20   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@glaisaurus_x: How do you know it was near Willowshire? What made the scene look like Willowshire?

@Faerdin: I just thought of something.

spoiler:

We're 50 years back in time, yet you say Alteon is king. How would you explain Drakath?

< Message edited by Dwelling Dragonlord -- 9/1/2012 15:05:04 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 63
8/16/2012 18:19:09   
Glais

That's where the Guardians of the Thorn were fighting that threat, or so I thought/think anyways.
DF MQ  Post #: 64
8/17/2012 1:50:12   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Hm...
spoiler:

In light of the peace that Guardians, Rune Knights, and DragonLords ushered in, one could say that they grew careless and thus did not question the motives of Sek-Duat's family (Everyone aside from Sek-Duat the First was ignorant of his transformation). While being abused to an extent, the Elemental Orb of Light was technically safe.
The more troubling thought would be Drakath, actually. It could be said that Drakath was born after King Alteon's siege of Swordhaven, but King Slugwrath also must have been fairly old at the time himself. I'll have to think more on this.
As for the location where the Avatars touched down, to be more accurate, it could be changed so that the castle lies where the Avatars first appeared before the dragons (Not the humans).
Either way, thanks for all the feedback so far. This would probably be the best time to hammer out these details: while the main idea of the story is definite and the minute details have yet to form. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
8/17/2012 4:00:46   
Glais

No problem, and ok. Sounds good regarding the spoilarrrrr.
DF MQ  Post #: 66
9/1/2012 14:53:25   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Alright, it's been taking me longer than I had intended to write since things keep coming up, but I'm hoping to be able to work on the next chapter soon.
In the meanwhile, I've adjusted the location of the castle to better fit with Dragonfable lore and wrote this to answer someone's question on the Rune Knights. Thought it would be nice to put here. ;)
spoiler:

Due to the secrecy with which Rune Knights taught their disciples, only the most dedicated members of the Hand of the Avatars (The Rune Knight Order) knew the subtleties of the Rune Knights' magic, and so one would not be able to cast such spells from observation alone. Not to mention that their runes depend entirely upon the Sigil of the Avatars. Without that connection, they are mundane and powerless.
The Rune Knights, the Guardians, and the DragonLords all worked in harmony and represented the parties that met upon the day where the Elemental Orbs and Dragon Amulets were created. The Guardians represent the humans, the DragonLords represent the dragons, and the Rune Knights represent the elementals. It is not common knowledge, but the creation of the Elemental Orbs and Dragon Amulets was also met with the very first blessing from the Avatars being granted to a human: the Sigil of the Avatars. This will be expanded upon in my story. To put it simply, every race uses a different styling of magic. The humans have their own form of magic, the dragons do as well, and the elementals are no exception. The magic of a pure elemental is more primal and profound than most other forms of magic, and it is this magic that the Rune Knights wield. The Sigil allows them to, and only those with the Sigil are granted this power.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
9/1/2012 20:19:51   
Glais

Things like this help define the universe of the story a bit, pretty cool stuff. No questions here, as it was explained quite clearly.
DF MQ  Post #: 68
9/17/2012 2:02:20   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

It's been quite a while since my last update, but I'm glad to have finally found the time. Chapter Four is up! ^_^
A lot of this had been written at a pretty late time, so bear with me if there are typos or corrections that need to be made.
spoiler:

DragonLords are integral to Faerdin's story now and in the future, so of course there must be some racism involved! If you recognize the name of Faerdin's fellow student, it is because he is a distant ancestor of a certain someone. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
9/17/2012 5:35:53   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

Just how old is this Lestrad?
spoiler:

Since Faerdin is the last RuneKnight left in our time Lestrad would have to have children of his own before the Order's demise.

quote:

Only water could frighten him more than fire.

Fire? Wouldn't Energy make more sense to a person attuned to the realm of Water?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 70
9/17/2012 5:50:30   
Glais

quote:

Momentum spun Faerdin completely around as he flowed through the movement, agile like a serpent, and aimed a spinning kick at the chest of his combatant.

Just found this interesting. In real life throwing a back kick like that (with that much momentum anyways) generally messes with ones' balance quite much generally making it inaccurate. Not always of course.
quote:

he had been sent to the depths of the ocean to investigate something... something strange there

Most interesting...

Lestrad, wow. Although this does actually explain a lot. However if Lestrad is this young now (I'd always assumed him around 20s 30s in present)...hmmmm.
DF MQ  Post #: 71
9/17/2012 5:56:56   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@glaisaurus_x: See Faerdin's last post for an answer on your second point.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 72
9/17/2012 5:59:18   
Glais

Ah right, I forgot to check the spoiler after reading, whoops.
DF MQ  Post #: 73
9/17/2012 19:13:43   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

@DD:
spoiler:

The Lestrad in my story is the great-uncle of the Lestrad that we all know and love in Dragonfable and, being near Faerdin's age, is around seventeen. It will become apparent toward the end of the story why Dragonfable's Lestrad and the Rune Knight Lestrad cannot be directly related. Regardless, they are of the same blood and they share in the same hatreds. ;)
As for being afraid of Energy instead of Fire, Water is known to be weak to both Energy and Fire. However, humans are typically associated with Earth and Fire seems to be the more common of the two, and so I thought that focusing on the weakness to Fire would be the best idea. In the end, Faerdin did not inherit a very large weakness to Energy the way he had Fire. I feel this suits Faerdin and his story on the whole, as two Elemental Weaknesses would be a bit much and, between the two, Fire is most often associated with chaos and destruction (Not to mention it fits into some future plans of mine, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA).
@glais: Faerdin had disoriented his opponent with a glancing shield-blow to the head. Since he wasn't about to make any sudden movements, Faerdin felt that the risk was worth taking. Being a mere initiate of the Hand of the Avatars (Albeit one nearing the end of his training), Faerdin has yet to truly appreciate and understand the significance of achieving inner balance, and so his decisions may be a tad reckless at times. Also, Faerdin's elven heritage means that he is naturally more agile and composed than the average human.

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 9/17/2012 19:19:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
10/3/2012 16:39:27   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Working on Chapter Five, which will make some deeper connections to Dragonfable. It isn't finished yet, but I felt like I should post this:
For the longest while, I've felt like I've had a little bit of a writer's block. To get myself on track, plan out where my story was headed, and possibly eliminate a little bit of my writer's block, I've written a brief synopsis of every chapter I plan to write for my story. Anyone willing to dive into this sea of spoilers is welcome to do so!
spoiler:

Prologue
Introduction to Faerdin and Master Gredal. Reveals the connection between Rune Knights and the Elements of Lore.

Chapter 1
Introduction to Swordhaven. Connects Valen, King Alteon, and (By extension) Lynaria to the story. Valen becomes Faerdin's instructor in melee combat while Gredal continues to tutor him in the ways of the Rune Knights and their magic.

Chapter 2
Gredal is discontent with Valen as Faerdin's instructor.

Chapter 3
Introduction to the home of the Rune Knights, referred to by many Rune Knights as "the Sanctuary." Briefly explains the connection between Rune Knights, DragonLords, and Guardians and offers a look into the life of a Rune Knight. The Great Darkness is revealed to be rapidly approaching.

Chapter 4
Faerdin duels a fellow student and ultimately loses, revealing great racial tension among the Hand of the Avatars. Expands upon the connection between Rune Knights, DragonLords, and Guardians and offers a deeper look into Faerdin's origins.

Chapter 5
Gredal sends Faerdin to Swordhaven and meets with elders of their order. The elders draw upon their strength to summon the Avatars and inquire as to whether or not the Great Darkness is truly coming. The Avatars leave a cryptic message. It foretells the coming of two great dragons: the Prophecy. It also speaks of one who is destined to unify Lore in the face of darkness: one who truly embodies unity despite being of imbalanced blood. All of the elders except for Gredal are shocked and outraged.
Meanwhile, King Alteon personally gives Valen an invitation to attend his renewal of vows with Lynaria. He nearly throws the invitation into the trash, but ends up pocketing it instead.

Chapter 6
Faerdin and Valen duel. Though Faerdin is no longer at the disadvantage of being ambushed, Valen is still a fierce opponent and treats him harshly whenever he loses. After a while, Faerdin finally asks if there is something wrong. Valen confides some of his feelings in Faerdin and offers his place at their wedding to him.

Chapter 7
Night has fallen as Faerdin returns to his home. While he contemplates the invitation that Valen had given him, Faerdin connects and attunes himself to the elements in hopes that the inner peace caused by such a connection will show him the right path. The strength of darkness lashes out at Faerdin through his connection while he has a brief encounter with the Mysterious Stranger.

Chapter 8
Faerdin returns home, but is ambushed by Lestrad and other Rune Knight disciples who loathe Faerdin for his heritage. They are about to strike at him with fire when Gredal chases them off. Gredal helps Faerdin up and expresses to him the importance of his training. Gredal does not reveal the words of the Avatars, but makes it very clear that achieving inner balance and undergoing Unification is now of the utmost importance. Faerdin asks Gredal what should be done concerning the wedding invitation. Gredal discourages him from such "frivolities," but says that if he wishes to attend, he cannot speak against the King.

Chapter 9
The renewal of vows between King Alteon and Lynaria takes place. After the ceremony is finished, Faerdin meets Aurauris and dances with her. Something stirs within his heart but is interrupted by a massive explosion. Dethrix, the current Doom Lord, assaults King Alteon's palace and steals away Lynaria. Valen arrives on the scene at the very last moment to intercept Dethrix, challenging him to a duel. A massive force of undead keep Faerdin, King Alteon, and his guards occupied while Dethrix fights Valen without magic. Valen ultimately disarms Dethrix and proves to be his superior, but Dethrix simply blasts him back with darkness and steals away Lynaria regardless.

Chapter 10
King Alteon and his advisors gather to plan the counterattack on Dethrix's fortress, which is located on the northwestern edge of Doomwood. Valen demands to be the general of King Alteon's army, and King Alteon reluctantly concedes. An elder Rune Knight, having attended the meeting since the attack was brought about by wielders of darkness, suggests that one of their order is brought along for their safety.

Chapter 11
The elders have gathered and chosen Faerdin as their representative during the raid on Dethrix's fortress. They claim it to be a test of his abilities, but what they really want is for Faerdin to be killed during the battle since he is not ready. Gredal calls them out on this and calls them insane. The elders say nothing as he storms out.

Chapter 12
Faerdin arms himself for battle, helps to ready the provisions, and prepares to embark with King Alteon's forces. Gredal emphasizes the importance of achieving Unification and why it is so important (Unification is explained here), explaining he must let go of his fears in order to do so. The thought of water and fire unnerves Faerdin, and he sets aside those thoughts.

Chapter 13
Valen searches diligently through King Alteon's library, as he had been for the past few days. A knight comes to alert him to the readiness of King Alteon's army and is rudely sent away. Thoughts of Lynaria consume all else as he looks for a certain book. He finds the book he is looking for, "On the Existence of Spirits," and prepares to embark upon his journey.

Chapter 14
The army has stopped for the night and intends to reach Dethrix's fortress within a few days. Valen spars with Faerdin and continues to teach him the ways of the warrior, appearing more distant than before. The chapter ends with Faerdin inquiring as to why Valen was so eager to accept that mission. He avoids the question and asks Faerdin what he knows of Elemental Spirits. Upon hearing that he does not know very much, he scowls and leaves.

Chapter 15
The march toward Dethrix's castle continues. Faerdin hears from nearby warriors that Valen has changed and is obsessing over an old book. When night falls, Faerdin searches for Valen and finds him speaking with the Mysterious Stranger. Faerdin's Sigil burns and he cries out, paralyzed by the Stranger's presence as he gives him the Necrotic Blade of Doom. Valen explains that, in order to conquer Dethrix, he must fight fire with fire.

Chapter 16
The siege of Dethrix's castle commences. Doom Knights command battalions of necromancers which, in turn, lead forces of undead. Faerdin confronts a Doom Knight and slays them. The battle seems to be going well at first, but Faerdin realizes eventually that Valen is nowhere to be found.

Chapter 17
Valen surges ahead of his forces and manages to sneak into Dethrix's castle. He wanders the halls undisturbed until he finds Lynaria, upon which he also finds Dethrix. Using the Necrotic Blade of Doom, Valen duels with Dethrix and uses an underhanded trick to disarm him. Dethrix attempts to assault him with magic once again, but the Necrotic Blade absorbs the power and lets loose a massive, volatile wave of darkness.
Both Dethrix and Lynaria are struck, the former being gravely wounded while the latter is killed. The darkness of the Necrotic Blade begins to corrupt Valen further as he blames himself for the death. The Mysterious Stranger chuckles and welcomes Valen to his service while Dethrix begs for the Stranger to help him. The Stranger proceeds to tear out and crush Dethrix's "heart," saying his services are no longer required while he spirits away the broken Valen.

Chapter 18
Faerdin slays another Doom Knight while Pactagonal Knights overwhelm and manage to conquer the last Doom Knight on the battlefield. It is at that moment that everyone on the battlefield feels the ground quake and the castle shudder (The blast from the Necrotic Blade of Doom destabilized the entire castle). Faerdin volunteers to enter the castle and search for Valen.
Once he reaches the room Valen, Dethrix, and Lynaria occupied, Faerdin is dismayed to see Lynaria dead. He closes her eyes and purges her body of the darkness from Dethrix's attack while Dethrix's hollow armor rises up to fight Faerdin. He conquers it and is told that Valen is dead and "they are coming." It is at that moment that the entire fortress trembles and collapses.

Chapter 19
Awakening hours later, Faerdin manages to clear the rubble piled upon him and discovers that King Alteon's forces already began their journey home. It is during the beginning of his walk back to Swordhaven that he thinks about how much both fire and water unsettle him. He attempts to conjure water so he may drink, but fails due to the imbalance in his heart. Tired and upset, he goes to sleep.

Chapter 20
Faerdin awakens to find a fiery inferno all around him and his hair singed. A wandering, crazed Xan attempts to kill Faerdin on his path of destruction. Confronting Xan ultimately forces Faerdin to tap into the full force of his power and become truly unbiased toward all Elements. Confidence flows through him as he counters Xan's handiwork with a calmness he had never attained before. With a burst of strength, something shifts (Unification) in Faerdin and all is lost in a white flash. When the light clears, Xan is completely and utterly frozen (Attained through the new, vast power Faerdin commands and the revolutionary manner in which he extinguished Xan's flame). Something knocks Faerdin out.

Chapter 21
Faerdin awakens in Warlic's tower. Warlic enters the room and explains why he had stopped him, and that Faerdin would have killed Xan if he hadn't been there to intervene. All the while, Cysero is setting up his place in Warlic's tower; hilarity ensues. Warlic eventually tells Faerdin that he had been sleeping for three days. This shocks Faerdin and he asks for directions to Swordhaven. Warlic asks if Faerdin needs to return to his home. He says yes, and Warlic teleports him back to the castle of the Rune Knights.

Chapter 22
The entirety of the castle is destroyed. Only a fiery, broken ruin of the Rune Knights' castle remains, and Faerdin arrives to see Sepulchure overpower and slay Gredal. A mass of undead surround Sepulchure and Faerdin; Sepulchure admits to having ambushed the Rune Knights with the forces he conjured. A sense of profound wrongness fills Faerdin and, with a single spell, he causes all of the shackled spirits to shatter and flee from their prisons. Only Faerdin and Sepulchure remain.
An epic battle ensues. Faerdin manages to disarm Sepulchure, flinging the Necrotic Blade of Doom away as Sepulchure blasts him with dark energy. It is then, as Sepulchure grabs Faerdin by his throat and begins to strangle him, that Faerdin realizes that he is no longer Valen. Faerdin looks to the sky to see darkened clouds, and with the last of his power, he causes a furious blast of lightning to smite Sepulchure.
Sepulchure appears to be dead, but he reforms as a monstrous Darkness Dragon and blasts Faerdin back (Reference to Vengeance, a Doom Knight Skill). Turning back to normal, Sepulchure is about to kill Faerdin as King Alteon and his forces arrive on the scene. He reluctantly flees, and Faerdin loses consciousness.

Chapter 23
Bedridden, Faerdin begins the slow process of recovery and realizes he is the last Rune Knight alive, as all of their order had been in the castle at the time of Sepulchure's raid. He glances in the mirror to see a black, mottled scar running down the left side of his face, and that his left eye had turned a deep gold. He had been blinded through his left eye.
Faerdin feels overwhelmed but ultimately develops a sense of hope and a desire to set things right. It is then that Aurauris enters his room and asks if he is alright. He can't help but smile.

Chapter 24
King Alteon calls Faerdin to his audience chamber. The two speak for a while of the Rune Knights and their order. After that discussion, King Alteon says that there is one thing he could do to set things right. Faerdin inquires, and King Alteon responds by asking if he knows of a certain prophecy.

End.

Also, after taking both Drakath and King Alteon's daughters into account, I've come to the conclusion that this story should take place twenty years in the past. The Guardians will have little to no significance since they are withdrawn, having to deal with issues regarding Sek-Duat, the fall of the Energy Orb Guardian Tower (Popsprocket has been constructed by this time), and the beginnings of the fall of the Darkness Orb Guardian Tower.

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 10/20/2012 20:06:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 8«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition