Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/3/2012 17:18:12   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@Faerdin: Okay, it's quite an interesting story. I do believe I have found some problems with it though. (Refer to spoilers.)

spoiler:

1. Where was it said that Dethrix was loyal to the Stranger? To my recollection, AQW told us that Sepulchure was never intended to become the Champion of Darkness. In fact, Artix was "created" to take that title away from him. (Again AQW.)

2. While I think it is good to see you've come to understand 50 years would be way too long considering Drakath and Robina this still leaves us with Gravelyn. She's 2 years in DF when we first see her and Lynaria can no longer give birth to her.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 76
10/3/2012 17:27:59   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

spoiler:

Being a Doom Knight, Dethrix was loyal to the Mysterious Stranger in a manner similar to Sepulchure. He searched for power and was granted it in the form of the Doom Knight Armor, although his purposes hadn't been quite as pure as Valen's had been.
I hadn't thought too much on the Champions, to be honest. That subject doesn't seem to hold a great deal of significance in Dragonfable, and so I didn't think it would be necessary. This is, in many ways, a retelling of Sepulchure's backstory for Dragonfable. Though Sepulchure had thought so during his time in Dragonfable, he was never intended to be any sort of champion. The Mysterious Stranger only used him to carry out his own plans of annihilating Lore.
As for Gravelyn, that initially caught me off-guard, but I now have an interesting idea brewing. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
10/3/2012 19:12:06   
Glais

spoiler:

Just wanted to note, according to The Span Champions don't actually exist in DF. For whatever reason instead of Avatars or Lords, AQW has the (muuuuuuuch weaker) Champions which serve a similar (I assume) purpose. The driving force behind them seems to be the Elemental Planes in this case.
DF MQ  Post #: 78
10/3/2012 19:59:11   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Ah... I had a feeling that the Champions weren't present in Dragonfable. Prior to the shattering of the Ultimate Orb, Aegises of the Elemental Orbs seemed like they took the place of Champions in Dragonfable.
Now time to share my idea. I'm thinking of writing it as a bonus chapter once I finish the main story. ;)
spoiler:

Gravelyn is not really the child of Lynaria. Rather, she technically is Lynaria.
After the night where Sepulchure eliminates the Rune Knight Order (Which, I had forgotten to mention, marks the very first Friday the 13th), there is still a small, shriveled fraction of Valen left inside of him. It is that dwindling essence of Valen that attempts to conjure whatever remains of Lynaria's soul, and in the same manner that Vayle had captured the soul of her brother, Edgar (Sealing it in a crystal). However, he is only partially successful. He's only able to capture the purest and most distinct portions of her soul, devoid of any darkness that may have lingered deep in Lynaria's spirit.
In Dragonfable, Sepulchure would use this crystal and the power of the Fire Orb to "rebirth" Lynaria in the form of Gravelyn, a perfectly healthy human that happens to be an embodiment of the purest parts of her soul. This is why, even in Dragonfable, she would react negatively in the presence of darkness and be unable to wield it herself. This is also why Sepulchure is so intent on defending Gravelyn despite the fact that his ruthless nature conflicts with such affectionate behavior: the little portion of Valen that remains is defending Lynaria, even in their respective "deaths."

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 10/3/2012 20:03:58 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
10/3/2012 20:03:29   
Glais

That's very strange xD But unique, I'll give you that.
DF MQ  Post #: 80
10/3/2012 20:04:43   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Strange? Maybe. But the moment I thought of it, I couldn't help writing it down. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
10/4/2012 14:19:40   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

I thought you might take that approach. Surprised I'm not surprised?

spoiler:

On another note, I take it Faerdin represents the "main protagonist of DF" so why didn't he act upon meeting the Stranger outside of Falconreach?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 82
10/4/2012 18:41:04   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

A little surprised, admittedly!
spoiler:

I hadn't expected anyone being able to guess that I'd make use of magic that had been referenced in Dragonfable so long ago. ;)
As for the second part of your post, Faerdin is not the Dragonfable Hero.
Rather, he sets up the event that leads to the Dragonfable Hero rising to power. It will be implied that he is responsible for having located and secured the White and Black Dragon Boxes. During the first two Books of Dragonfable, Faerdin is in hiding. In Book Three, however...

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 10/4/2012 18:45:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
10/5/2012 5:25:02   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@Faerdin:
spoiler:

I don't know the story about the Black Dragon Box, but the White Dragon Box has been mentioned to have been recovered(?) ages ago. It was located at the Temple of the Four Winds back when the Prime Wind Orb was still held there.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 84
10/5/2012 18:33:32   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

spoiler:

Where was it said that the White Dragon Box had been recovered ages ago?
Come to think of it, having Faerdin recover only the Black Dragon Box sounds less messy and would be more fitting in the end. Either way, he plays a role in the recovery of the Dragon Boxes.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
10/6/2012 5:19:00   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@Faerdin:
spoiler:

Kordana in the Hunt Begins! tells us of a priest who came to her hundreds of years ago looking for a spot to hide the Orb.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 86
10/7/2012 2:17:21   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Ooh, yes, I have some plans...
For my next trick, it seems I will need an assistant.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
10/27/2012 18:33:48   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

It's been far, far too long since my last update. I would try to get into the habit of writing a chapter once every week, but I have hit something of a writer's block lately. Chapter Five is up!
spoiler:

I changed one detail. King Alteon and Queen Lynaria have already been married for several years now.
This change would better accommodate Robina and her sisters. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
10/28/2012 6:12:58   
Glais

Great chapter, I'd say the best yet. Though with the new time retcons, does this mean Lestrad is just Lestrad, and not some sort of ancestor? The addition of young Sir Vey seems to strengthen this. But then Lestrad being a DL in DF and a Rune Knight here...
DF MQ  Post #: 89
10/28/2012 12:41:20   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

spoiler:

Considering the change in time placement, the Lestrad we know and love is alive at this point in time, but only a young boy (Around eleven or twelve). The Rune Knight Lestrad would be his cousin. Not remarkably different from the set-up I had before; just means the two are closer in age than previously planned.
Part of me had actually felt like this chapter was somewhat rushed, so I'm relieved to hear that it was good. Dx
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
10/28/2012 13:37:44   
Glais

Kind of odd that they have the same name them ~_^ Not impossible I guess, but it is weird.
DF MQ  Post #: 91
10/28/2012 13:52:15   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Oh no, Lestrad is not their first names. Lestrad is the name of their family; they are merely referred to by their last name since they are a prominent family.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
10/28/2012 14:17:07   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

Well, the chapter itself seemed solid enough.

quote:

You are most cordially invited to attend the renewal of vows between the good King Alteon and Queen Lynaria of Swordhaven on the first Friday
of October.

That looks a bit weird though.

For the plot in general.

spoiler:

Did you think about a reason why Alteon didn't know who Sepulchure was when the hero told him about his involvement of the kidnapping of the Frostvale moglins?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 93
10/28/2012 14:22:55   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

spoiler:

The good King harbors some guilt over the events following Valen's fall from grace... He won't be spilling any beans to the Hero unless it is necessary.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
10/30/2012 15:13:35   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@Faerdin: Ah, I remember how I created the timing for my story again! It was based on princess Tara.

I also have something which might interest you.

April 27, 2007
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 95
10/30/2012 18:38:09   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Ah, I had nearly forgotten...
spoiler:

The citizens of Swordhaven do think quite highly of King Alteon.
It seems fate may have other plans, though. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
11/12/2012 8:49:33   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

*Elryn reads the two newest chapter*

*Elryn grins*

Do not stop writing, Faerdin.
AQ  Post #: 97
11/12/2012 15:13:16   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

I've actually been working on Chapter Six, but something is jamming my brain... Writer's block is the worst. @_@
Happy to know you've enjoyed the story so far, old friend!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
11/12/2012 15:27:04   
deatharrows

Your story is amazing. It puts my current story to shame. Seriously this is an amazingly well written story. I say it's amazingly, unbelievably, superbly, undeniably, absolutely amazing!
DF AQW  Post #: 99
11/12/2012 15:48:11   
Legendium

Reading all the non spoiler tagged comments makes me very eager to read this! The bed calls unfortunately and tomorrow I got school again. Ah well. I'll be reading this all the way through tomorrow afternoon!
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition