Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/26/2013 15:12:58   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Fiweweld's mindset was that the Guardians would have already created the Ultimate Orb if they still sought the Blade of Awe.
One would need to have an Elemental Orb still in its primal, fragmented form in order to access it. :)

I have not played either of those games, though I have heard wonderful things about both of them. That line and Fiweweld's feelings toward the Blade of Awe are inspired more by what has also inspired the underlying message of He Who Stands Between.
spoiler:

Transcendentalist literature, such as Walden or Nature. Which I really need to read more of. Dx

@Razen: Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed it. My hope with Valen is to remind readers that Sepulchure was human once. Not only human, but a hero.

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 8/26/2013 15:16:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 151
8/26/2013 15:22:08   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@Faerdin: But wait, Valorus broke the Orb in half early on. I didn't say anything about it because Valorus was the only, or maybe a few, who knew the Earth Orb had been shattered in the first place and Fiweweld would have assumed it to be whole.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 152
8/26/2013 15:31:36   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Indeed, Fiweweld assumed that the Earth Orb was whole. That is why he still describes it as the Earth Orb. It was still able to bond with the Blade of Awe, but the Stone Orb alone would not have been enough to free the Blade of Awe after it was hidden.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 153
8/26/2013 16:11:12   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

quote:

One would need to have an Elemental Orb still in its primal, fragmented form in order to access it. :)

You mean the Earth Orb or the Stone Orb since Trey fused the Stone and Nature Orbs back into one before he unleashed the Blade of Awe from its confinements.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 154
8/26/2013 16:15:23   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

The Earth Orb. Calling it a fragment refers to the fact they can come together to create the Ultimate Orb. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 155
8/26/2013 16:24:04   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

I see, that part had me confused.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 156
8/30/2013 11:56:14   
Razen

I read the Ruminations, but I find that the immediate conclusion that the Blade of Awe and the Ultimate Orb's symbolism is somewhat odd. I understand what you are attempting to convey, but the Rune Knight does not explain why he thinks that it represents such. I could just as easily imagine the Ultimate Orb represented the battle against the Great Darkness. They all worked in conjunction as a sole force, no?(Blame Bionicles for why I imagine it like that )
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 157
8/30/2013 15:11:41   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Fiweweld feels that there is an immense difference between working together as a sole force and being combined to create a sole force. To him, the latter is representative more of a lust for power at the expense of the elements' individual aspects. Working together- their forces aligning and clashing- they can deadly, terribly willful, and entirely what they are. But the combining of the Elemental Orbs forces each one to conform to one another. They become pieces of an incomplete puzzle rather than a breathtaking, beautiful force of nature.

It is difficult to describe the exact feelings running through Fiweweld since he is in a transcended state of being. But he knows the Blade of Awe may tempt a person to create the Ultimate Orb and use it to fulfill questionable motives.
spoiler:

With Sepulchure having sought the Blade of Awe, he was not far off. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 158
9/16/2013 1:01:16   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

I am too sleepy to write a story but too restless not to post something, so I posted my old contest entry from A Story Worth Saving.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 159
9/21/2013 16:17:49   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Update to He Who Stands Between! I added a new chapter between Homecoming and Old Hatreds. :)

Update

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 9/21/2013 16:37:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 160
1/11/2014 15:19:18   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

While I should probably say specific stuff about your 'Fount of Facepalms' I'm better at generalities instead. So I'll just go with this: The majority of your Fount of Facepalm quests are things I personally think would be cool if they ever got in-game (those being the more serious quests).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 161
2/7/2014 4:35:18   
Glais

and after far too long, i have caught up

the most recent chapter was especially nice
interesting from Valen's standpoint since as we know he is sort of doomed to fail, yet when reading the jealousy bit you want him to succeed
forgone conclusions are kind of fun to read in a strange way

very end was great

wonder if Kell will be the main antagonist

DF MQ  Post #: 162
2/23/2014 22:15:44   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

I love the Gorrilaphant quest, Fae. It's an awesome mix of the older Batman show and DF humor. Perfect in every way.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 163
5/19/2014 5:44:27   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

The correlations between your story and that of James (in-game) seem to continue with "Whispers in the Night" as I cannot shake off the feeling that they are.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 164
8/5/2014 12:41:38   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

*Dusts off his discussion thread*

Hey there, guys! Since we are in the thick of summer and I am finding myself with more and more spare time, I would like to start up writing again. It has been a long while since I have put any extensive effort into writing He Who Stands Between, and the last story I wrote in general had been two DragonFable wars ago. What I would like to ask is this: What would you guys prefer to see me write next?

Should I write He Who Stands Between, Rune Knight Book Three, or something entirely new?

Should I use the ordinary story format, or the quest-writing format?

Should it be funny, serious, or something inbetween?

Should I write a parody, or a story that stands on its own?

I really want to know what you guys think, if you would be interested in giving feedback. :)

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 8/5/2014 12:43:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 165
8/5/2014 16:38:41   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

My vote: Write everything! Serioulsy, all of the stuff on that list and also that one story that isn't on your list that I forget the name of. The one you wrote for the backstory contest?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 166
8/5/2014 16:53:22   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@Faerdin: We still haven't gotten to the point where you and Aurauris meet. I'd like to see that at least.

@Ginkage: "Fire Consumes"? That seemed like a perfect ending for the story, in my opinion.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 167
8/5/2014 16:55:34   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

Not the AQ story, the DF one. *goes to look it up* Shadow of Ignorance. Didn't mean to confuse you, Dwelling. My 'I just woke up' brain isn't very good.

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 8/5/2014 16:58:10 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 168
8/5/2014 16:59:32   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@Ginkage: I thought that one was replaced with "Rune Knight, He Who Stands Between" to function as Faerdin's new backstory?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 169
8/6/2014 10:16:09   
deatharrows

Faerdin, While I liked The Alduweenie, I believe the real last dragon lord would have used Fall Over Now! Ok that joke was horrible but it meant Foos Ro Dah would make more sense than marked for death or soul tear like the last dragon lord. Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood wood elf (Who's named Deatharrows )
DF AQW  Post #: 170
8/15/2014 20:30:00   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

Loved the Aladdin spoof, wolf-buddy. How dare someone not want to hear that amazing musical number? D:<
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 171
8/15/2014 20:59:05   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Heh, fantastic work as always Fae. Great job.
DF  Post #: 172
8/15/2014 23:46:45   
Dragonman

Hehehe,

Your reward, Eternal! That was a good tribute for Robin Williams, I liked it a lot!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 173
8/18/2014 12:58:57   
deatharrows

Yeah, I loved the homage to Aladdin. Oddly enough, I just saw that on TV before reading this. Anyway, it's great and the writing fits perfectly in to DF. Well done Fae. Well done indeed.
DF AQW  Post #: 174
8/18/2014 20:37:16   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

I can't thank you guys enough for the support. You guys are awesome. :)

The next installment will be out very soon!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition