Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Otherworldly Encounter

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Otherworldly Encounter
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/29/2011 22:37:18   
Frenetic Raptor

The Malvia Mutation; where did it originate from and what is its purpose? Is this the sign of an individual world, its inhabitants rebelling against one another or just nature’s own way of purification, extinguishing all that is unnecessary and undesired? It is uncertain whether or not there is a logical reasoning behind such a devastating proposition; an outlook potentially grim. Not even with all the wisdom amongst all of Decimus has there been a definitive answer to any of these developing questions. All that remains to be seen is what intentions hold true regarding this new emergence. As with everything, only time will tell.

*~*~*OE1.1*~*~*

I am one, and the only one; the last of my kind that has any sense. Or at least I would like to think so. Not like any of her once fellow brothers and sisters cared. The demeaning thoughts that raced through Akora’s mind kept arising, tormenting her very essence. To abandon her people was dishonorable to the very core and punishable by death. Even now, her very existence was nothing but a tragically treasonous lie. To everyone else, she was already considered amongst the walking dead; vulnerable to the hunt.

In her fragile state, self sacrifice became a frightening appeal. But would any good be accomplished by simply giving it all up? No, I am a very capable Malaharan. What began as a spark of pride in her radiantly green eyes, suddenly diminished to cloudy regret. Slouching within her seat, aboard an unfamiliar space vessel, bitter silence kept her at bay. That just isn’t true. I am not what I used to be. I am the despised Valaharan. Frustration crept into her mind, escalating an already tense situation.

Staring about the control console, hesitant fingers hovered over the ignition switch. Why is this decision so difficult? I will become nothing but another casualty of war if I remain here. We are already on a rapid downward spiral to extinction. Akora pulled her hand away from the console while a glint of remorse flickered in her eyes. Did you have to betray me, Kuta? Knowing nothing of her partner’s true intentions, an intuitive judgment call was all she was left with.

With little time to mull over a decision, the monitoring system aboard her vessel beeped and a holographic visual appeared before her, warning Akora of movement within the loading bay. “Seriously?” Feelings of anxiety accompanied her aggravated tone. They just won’t leave me alone. Unwilling to back down, she shifted forward and began working her standard start up procedures. Not having prepared for lift off beforehand, Akora's hunters were free to uphold the advantage.

The darkened metallic space in front of her gave way to a graphically generated screen of the bay load doors, completely closed to the outside world. Freedom, or in her situation, exile awaited just beyond that barrier. Only a single question remained. Would there still be enough time to elude her pursuers? I hope so. I am not ready to die just yet. Confidence began to radiate from within.

Riding on hope alone, she continued away at her checklist of preparations, struggling to figure out this peculiar craft. That’s what I get for jumping into an unfinished prototype. Certainly not a smart choice, but as long as it made the flight to her charted destination safely, then that was a success in itself. It better. Spending years developing useless junk; not what she called valuable research. Akora was never fond of her people’s engineering tactics and procedures; take what they want while giving nothing of value back to her people. They were almost as corrupt as her immoral government.

Glancing to the hologram beside her right, what she saw was worrisome. All the attention she was grabbing, a foreboding signal. It would only be a matter of moments before they were able to remotely hack into this vessel’s systems and lock her down. Akora’s capture would be guaranteed by then. But if I struggle, that might buy me enough time. Not like they would be that stupid, those ignorant nee’raks.

They would rather shoot me down in the skies. That would be a likely scenario for an honorable member of her kind, but unlike them she was a treacherous being, unfit of a ceremonious defeat. To blow her up before lift off a highly probable option if she proved uncooperative. Go for it. Not like I care. It was too late to turn back now; her fate was sealed. Acting in the moment, she diligently worked the controls, displeased with her efforts, accomplishing nothing but a good-for-nothing screen with a discouraging visual of an impenetrable metallic wall.

Entirely focused on her great escape, not even glances around familiar faces would distract Akora from her mission at hand. Focus was imperative, for if a slip up were to occur, she would lose all control. It was about time for them to initiate their predictable mind games. She knew them better; they would do as much as they possibly could to avoid destroying this vessel of theirs. Shows where my people’s priorities are. Possessions meant everything while lives meant nothing; another good reason for her to leave this forsaken place.

Not even the ones she once trusted her life to were of any use to her now. They would continue to play their manipulative agendas until the very end. Having all she desired from her people, she hastened her efforts in learning how to pilot this blasted thing. Push this, pull that; what a complete waste of time. All of these daunting mechanical gadgets and electrical switches were frustratingly insignificant. She had no doubt surveillance was on to her, laughing at the pitiful failure. Keep it up. The favor will be returned.

Agitation flowing through her blood, she began to beat on the controls. Akora would either demolish the panel before her or this frenzy of hers would actually accomplish something beneficial. She certainly hoped for the latter. Watchful of the gathering surrounding the experimental craft, growing even still, she wondered why they did nothing. Were they fascinated by her rebellious nature, unable to comprehend such actions against her people or was this all part of a greater conspiracy against her?

Unclear and unwilling to understand, her thoughts continued to race; her own mind an enemy within itself. Thoughts were beginning to scatter and a new forming headache was emerging. She raised a hand to her forehead, seeking relief. No, there would be nothing of the sort. This was not an everyday headache or even a migraine, but an invasion of the mind. She knew her hunter all too well. Kagra, you beast! Leave me be! What was one hand became two, pressed upon her head, fingers rubbing into her temples. Her tolerance for pain was being tested and her mental stability was in jeopardy. The desire to scream echoed across every one of Akora’s nerve endings.

*~*~*OE1.2*~*~*

“Come now Akora, don’t be so selfish. Did you ever think that you could just up and leave us all?” Kagra’s devious remarks resonated through her ship’s communicator, maliciously enticing. “You should be grateful you ever got the chance to ever experience the Malvia in action. It is because of you that we gained access into the mind of the Virakon Complex once more.” His sharp, jagged tongue, spreading these vicious lies like the plague he emerged from.

Pure hatred swarmed her, her mind flailing against his brutal attacks. "Already hacked into my communication systems, have you. That is all you will ever get from me." Akora cringed in utter disgust. There were no mutual feelings between Kagra and herself, at least nothing she would ever find in her own lifetime. A backstabber was all he ever was; a new alias with the changing of the day. “I will never be your key! Go and find someone else to do your bidding.” Rage fueled her emotions.

“You know that is impossible, as only the first awakened can gain passage within.” Kagra attempted to reason with her.

“Well, I guess you are all out of luck, aren’t you. Like I’ve said, just get lost and leave me alone.” There was nothing he could ever do to get her to return. She was certainly no servant to a despicable criminal mastermind.

Trying to reason with Akora, as lost of a cause as there ever was. Her stubbornness was as impenetrable as her unbreakable pride. One day, Kagra hoped her almighty hubris would betray her, then she would feel what it meant to be nothing. With desperation fading away, giving way to her wishes was the only viable option left. “Do as you please Akora, but don’t you ever think that you have truly gotten away from me. I have the means to hunt you down until the very end no matter where you elude to.”

“I am sure you will. Just don’t think that I will give in at any time because you asked. You will have to earn everything you wish to get.” It would only be a matter of moments before he would give her the go ahead; Akora had no doubts there were other meaningful priorities at hand. Just have to be careful and watch my own back. She could feel his grip over her mind ease up, her headache starting to fade away.

“Be sure, I am looking forward to earning everything.” A crooked smile of confidence radiated across his face. I accept your challenge, Akora. I know you are ready to test drive the latest prototype, aren’t you? A tingle of anxiety climbed up Kagra’s spine, contemplating the prospect of a successful flight. I am sure those new abilities of yours will come in handy. The Malvia can do almost everything you demand of them. If for anything, a willing test pilot was better than having none at all.

As if on cue, a signal was given to open the bay load doors, and a pleasantly familiar rumble vibrated the entire area. About time, Kagra. Just don’t get the wrong idea as I still don’t owe you anything. Akora’s hopes were up, but how was she going to even begin to figure out how to pilot this space vessel. Her normal start up procedures proved futile and victimizing the control panel with violence might have done more harm than good.

Akora, you certainly must know how to pilot this craft. You are more resourceful than you give yourself credit for. Regretfully so, Kagra couldn’t let Akora’s naivety get control of the situation. “Akora, you do realize this is no different than piloting anything else.” Not the most encouraging of words, but a bit of motivation was all she would actually need. “I am sure you understand by now that nothing you have ever done has accomplished anything. Quit looking at things physically, for what they are, and let the Malvia do what they are there for. They are your controls.”

“You’ve got to be kidding, right? I’ve wasted all my time only to find out I needed the Malvia to control the ship.” Whether or not she believed in a single word he told her, it certainly explained why she continued to remain in a flightless vessel. Needing no words, she looked upon the visual of Kagra, just standing there, almost emotionless.

Yes, there was definitely truth in his words. But how? And why? “You mean to tell me that a space craft with the ability to use the mutations of the active Malvia, for flight control has already been in production for this long. Don’t tell me you already planned this out before I was actually involved in your mess.” She was shocked and in awe.

With one last nod, Kagra bid Akora farewell, turned around, and walked off in silence; his presence here was no longer necessary. The doors had begun opening and an expanding celestial light, radiating from the sun, encompassed the inner depth of the entire loading bay; the enchanting beauty of such an alien presence overwhelming for those that remained. All of its sparkling glory, an immaculate conception.

< Message edited by Frenetic Raptor -- 11/30/2011 17:01:52 >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Otherworldly Encounter
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition