Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Why No Credit Booster?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why No Credit Booster?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/5/2011 18:29:32   
Sparticus

As a casual player I often find that credits run thin for my Alts. I never seem to find the time to grind out wins for a few credits so occasionally I run short when I want to buy stuff. This can be especially annoying if I have the varium to spend but not the credits.

This leads me to the question, why are there no credit boosters?

There are XP boosters and token boosters but no credit boosters? Is this a means to control enhancement spending by F2P, is this a means to make us purchase more varium packages with credits attached, is this just to make us enhance preferably with varium?

Seems to me higher level players don't really have credit problems but the casual player and especially Alts who get the short end could really use them. I bet some lower level players would appreciate them too. Spend some varium to get a few more credits, games happy, your happy, everyone is happy. You still have to kill stuff to get the double credits so you still have to battle but at least it would not feel like such a grind to do it.

I'm sure this discussion is not a new one but it is worth having none the less.

(What made me think of this now, AQ is offering 50% more gold per battle all this month, what a nice game it is)

Actually, AQ is offering 15% more gold as a way to bridge the gap until the much-needed reward sweep hits. ~TG

My bad, 15%. Still that's what started me thinking about this. The reason they are doing it is irrelevant to this discussion but TY for the info and the correction.

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 12/6/2011 11:42:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/5/2011 18:35:40   
goldslayer1

well credits technically isn't varium so the amount we get from a boost wouldn't matter.
if there is a credit boost, it should be 10xcredits

because ur paying real money for a fake number.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/5/2011 18:36:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/5/2011 18:38:13   
edwardvulture

so varium players will have to work for something............in game

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 12/5/2011 18:46:06 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
12/5/2011 18:42:49   
goldslayer1

@edvard
we work for money ;)
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/5/2011 18:45:55   
Sparticus

While 10x sounds great it would mess with the varium sales because players can use credits instead of varium to enhance weapons. This is the only problem with the currency that I can see. Nothing else you can buy with varium can also be purchased with credits I think, I might have forgot something though. In any case 10x is too much, just double credits for an hour would be helpful.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/5/2011 18:59:14   
Hiddenblade

1000 credits for a 2vs2 during power hour cool! Make them buyable with credits also
Post #: 6
12/5/2011 19:13:53   
goldslayer1

@spart
how about scalling it where u spend just as much varium getting the amount of credits u need for enhancements?

like 50 varium, for 3500 credits
the average match fight is around 35 per hour
32 X 35 = 1120 credits

so it should be 50 varium boost for a 3Xcredit boost
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/5/2011 20:33:16   
Wraith

Hiddenblade: Are you serious? Buying a Credit booster with credits? Meanwhile, I ma buy Exp boosts wit exp....

This should be a Varium'exclusive feature.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/5/2011 20:42:44   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

I think we should buy token boosts with tokens :D

That sounds silly
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/5/2011 20:48:22   
Stabilis

While you guys buy money with money, I'll be opening up a can of flame booster to quench my tears- I mean an energy booster for my lightheadedness...
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
12/5/2011 21:15:09   
Bu Kek Siansu

I agree that there should be Credits Booster in shops since there are already XP Booster and Battle Tokens Booster in shops.

It's up to everyone to buy it or not.

Sometimes you really need to buy one or more new release items in short time but you don't have enough Credits.
Earning Credits is very difficult for some of us in short time.
So, just add the Credits Booster. We will see... :)
Post #: 11
12/5/2011 21:15:47   
MirageD

i have the same problems with my alts.....they seem to be poor in credits...while my main is overloaded

< Message edited by MirageD -- 12/5/2011 21:16:11 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/5/2011 23:59:29   
Luna_moonraider

true we need credit boosters for varium players. also why not make certain npc drop exp boosters,token boosters and credit boosters since we already have npc droping free health boosters. true my alt is also very very poor in credits for some reason idk y.

AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/6/2011 0:27:39   
DarkNight1223

I always find myself low on credits and high on varium.

Great idea!
Post #: 14
12/6/2011 0:33:50   
goldslayer1

quote:

also why not make certain npc drop exp boosters,token boosters and credit boosters since we already have npc droping free health boosters.

thats a very good idea. (obviously the drop rate would be low) why dont u suggest it?
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/6/2011 8:53:15   
SouL Prisoner

credit boosters huh !!

or something even better . A feature * that converts 1k varium into 10k credits

i think this feature will sound even better than boosters.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/6/2011 10:28:05   
Bu Kek Siansu

^ Why is the one better than the other while they just can add both of them which are Credits Booster and an option to exchange from Varium to Credits / from Varium to Battle Tokens? :)
You know, sometimes you want to buy an achievement in short time but you don't have enough Battle Tokens, so you just can exchange from Varium to Battle Tokens.
Don't say that you can earn Battle Tokens faster if you use the Battle Tokens Booster because you just can earn 3x1 Battle Tokens per battle if you win which is actually not enough to collect them in short time. :p

< Message edited by AVA -- 12/6/2011 10:32:34 >
Post #: 17
12/6/2011 10:32:32   
Gepard Acht

i like the idea of the converter, but no credits to var since that would be unfair
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/6/2011 10:34:39   
Bu Kek Siansu

^ I'm sure 100% that there will never be an option to exchange from Credits to Varium. :)
Post #: 19
12/6/2011 10:37:34   
Gepard Acht

^yea it'll be too unfair
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/6/2011 10:38:22   
Remorse

Support thier should be one.

A converter is silly,

It will mean you can basically buy anything you like without doing any effort of going through battles.

It means those with a larger pocket will get an even bigger advanatge then they do now.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/6/2011 10:40:53 >
Epic  Post #: 21
12/6/2011 10:53:39   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

^yea it'll be too unfair

It's not about unfair or fair, but it'll just kill the purpose of Varium if you can exchange from Credits to Varium,
a lot of people or probably everyone won't buy Varium anymore. :p
The Devs will earn enough money from selling Varium as much as possible in order to pay a lot of things like the cost of Bandwidth and Storage etc. :)

< Message edited by AVA -- 12/6/2011 11:12:30 >
Post #: 22
12/6/2011 11:44:13   
Sparticus

Well lots of suggestions and plenty of agreement here. Perhaps I should post a suggestion in a suggestion thread and watch it die of boredom. Thanks everyone for the info.

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 12/6/2011 12:29:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/6/2011 17:27:08   
Drianx

Sparticus are you the same man who posted this in my old thread? Most likely not, because there was an entirely different opinion on the same topic. Why don't you practice what you were preaching back then?

Anyway, why a varium credit boost? Not only your alts, but free and varium players are struggling together for credits, why giving one more advantage to variums only? All players need more credits, so I don't think a varium-only option is the best way to fix this.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/6/2011 17:48:05   
Sparticus

Simple reason is the same reason I gave to you. I'm lazy and varium rich. You were just lazy I guess.

Higher level players don't have this trouble (like I clearly stated) so my primary is never poor (nor are my 2 most used alts). I practice exactly what I preached, played within my means till level 34 then armed myself appropriately. I play 6 characters so I'm only thinking about the noobs I play not the absurd request of using them to enrich my one and only character. For one person to play one character and complain about credits is absurd. You're comparing apples and oranges and hoping they make french fries.

Credit boosters for alt noobs is my main argument. Since I can't insist that only noob alts get them, I have to include everyone (with great sadness) including the lazy and the slow. Hope that answers your curiosity on my opinion.

After reading the old thread I also have to add, you complained about the lack of credits for low level and F2P players but didn't post any solution to the problem except to blow the cap off the credit system. How is this the same as a varium credit booster for players willing to spend it to support this game? If you can purchase varium you can get credits with it especially for the high level packages which also include weapons. I support varium players rights LOL

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 12/6/2011 17:56:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why No Credit Booster?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition