Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= Power Balancing for PvP (updated Feb 9th)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Power Balancing for PvP (updated Feb 9th)
Page 13 of 15«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/22/2012 3:57:32   
citrinas

I'm starting to think that Chudling Rash is overpowered. It have a big DoT and also haste debuff that lasts about the same time as Chudling's cooldown, so people just spam it to keep their opponent haste debuffed and DoTed. I think it should have longer cooldown.

< Message edited by Citrinas -- 3/22/2012 3:58:08 >

HS
AQW  Post #: 301
3/22/2012 3:59:24   
plebster

What is it's cooldown and DoT?
AQW  Post #: 302
3/22/2012 5:38:02   
citrinas

Cooldown is only 12 seconds I think and DoT is 52 without buff and I think 5 or 6 ticks.
AQW  Post #: 303
3/22/2012 11:53:11   
plebster

What is it buffed with?
AQW  Post #: 304
3/22/2012 11:56:54   
citrinas

You can buff it with Mutate or Unstable.
AQW  Post #: 305
3/24/2012 12:22:27   
plebster

I just got chudling rash and buffed it with both mutate and unstable :p
It's not very OP at all though because it has very low accuracy.

Toreado IS too powerful, yes it can be beaten, but only with certain sets of powers. Spec uses it very well with his build and I figured out what it is, but I won't give it away. All the argument is about super powers, stupefacio, and mainly and mostly, legendary powers. Stupefacio is rare so it doesn't matter. But maybe they should just remove all the super powers and legendary powers and make them rare when gamma comes. They could make some new less powerful ones, maybe called elite powers. Solved, and no more power balancing thread.
AQW  Post #: 306
3/24/2012 13:37:07   
CrownedPrince

I just killed Spec 2-0 from a recent challenge from him.

I say he uses it wrong just in my opinion. I got no beef with him and shall say that he uses a good choice of build.

In 1v1, his first option IS ALREADY Toreado.

Which in a while after surviving those 6 seconds of "dodge the impossible" , he can be easily dummied.

Just my opinion

Protege (HeroSmash)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 307
3/24/2012 14:18:27   
plebster

Toreado lasts for ten seconds now. When I was fighting him, it was in power defence though.

< Message edited by plebster -- 3/25/2012 13:07:58 >
AQW  Post #: 308
3/25/2012 0:24:50   
linklink0091

knowing ppl they will still complain and what not even if you made all those powers rare

besides that a few actuly do need work be cuase some are (not to the point of being called op but still way stronger tehn what is needed for balance) stronger then others fire lash granted its ment to only lower haste of two types of elements dose not but lowers all haste and sadly is loopable and very strong at what it dose....easy fix would be increase cooldown so it canbt be looped

same with chudlings it seems now ppl are usen that quite often and looping it as well another easy fix to provent chaining such over use is increase cooldown a tad (not a lot but just by some)

the combat system still has some kinks in it the viasle effect on the powers where you click when it reloads and someone lowers you haste by quite a bit or when it reloads while your haste was kinda high and then suddenly gose back to noramal and cant be used for some time as well as the coden error herosmash staff made while maken the HoTs/DoTs affected by elemental resentince as dumoose once put it

aside from other powers that slightly need looked at most of these thing can be fixed with in one weeks tiem but i dont see any of that happening, soo ya HS staff are still kinda lazy compared to other AE games such as aqw...yes i know they are devoten a lot of time to the new aqw3d game but it dosent mean they cant take care of the simple problems of the powers let a lone make another filler storyline or even add on the storyline
AQW  Post #: 309
3/25/2012 12:43:14   
Phoenix Myth

It would seem after finally getting Toreado and using it a few times.. I have come to the conclusion that it is not over powered, Toreado can be owned big time. <.<
AQW  Post #: 310
3/25/2012 17:38:22   
plebster

@drakkos Lol when I used my stun|burst build against you, Toreado didn't manage to do much. I'm vestige btw. When I didn't stun you, you beat me though, you just gotta find a way around us stunners and also the gravity warpers.

Friends now, yeah? :D

< Message edited by plebster -- 3/25/2012 17:39:05 >
AQW  Post #: 311
3/25/2012 23:57:21   
linklink0091

its nice to see ppl understand powers once they actuly they spend a lil time with a power they dont understand and finly learn how to use and understands its limits x3
AQW  Post #: 312
3/27/2012 2:27:39   
FBI

Toreado____plasma net____Shadow slice... Good Dodging moves ;)
Epic  Post #: 313
3/27/2012 2:58:57   
rejaylob

@FbI: Shadow slice doesnt increase your dodge chance... -__________-
AQ Epic  Post #: 314
3/27/2012 21:16:43   
Chuck the Awesome

Chucking rash did not have as big as a dot as I thought it would. Also its haste effects don't seem to be working for me/don't see a difference in haste.
~Chuck Awesome
Post #: 315
3/28/2012 2:37:51   
plebster

The haste effects don't do anything to you, they lower your opponent's haste.
AQW  Post #: 316
3/28/2012 18:51:09   
Chuck the Awesome

I know the effects apply to the opponent I just don't see a difference.
Sorry for the confusion.
~Chuck Awesome
Post #: 317
3/28/2012 21:18:26   
linklink0091

chuck shadow slice helps lower your foes hit rate so as a side effect it dose help with evasion

AQW  Post #: 318
3/31/2012 0:18:31   
Chuck the Awesome

Sorry Link,
I think you addresed the wrong person, but thank you for that tasty tibit of information!
Post #: 319
3/31/2012 20:41:04   
linklink0091

well darn im just slipping with ppls names arent i, im sorry chuck lols i ment that towards rejayjob

and you welcome, i teach powers now your welcome to join us at our guilds schooling system..
AQW  Post #: 320
4/1/2012 4:07:26   
blank452

I'm pretty sure Shadow Slice only effects physical attacks.
Tried it on both Momma Chud and Super Abnormality. There was no effect on dmg and no visible decrease in accuracy on Momma Chud but there was both a reduced dmg output and a noticible decrease in accuracy on the Super Abnormality.

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 321
4/2/2012 2:37:00   
herosmashyumi

i know this may sound like a bad idea, but i think its that time where herosmash could use a tad bit more updates. maybe some added powers and a few new elements, only to take off the entire mainstream usage of the same powers. cause honestly when you fight someone with the same build your last opponent had theyre isnt really much entertainment in that, and the fact the game has a small quantity of powers to choose from...
Post #: 322
4/2/2012 21:59:27   
Antithesis

EDIT:

Kay, back. With my thing on Phase Shift.

It is a balanced power in every way but the cooldown. It significantly lowers your own attack speed and your haste. This can only be overcome by filling the other power slots with haste buffers, and even then is still a large hindrance. The damage reduction is hefty but only lasts ten seconds. That means that it is active for 1/12 of its cooldown, with no plausible chance of speeding that up.

You can't even use it for burst sets because of the haste debuff, which wrecks any combos you were planning to make.

Not only that, but it's an SC power. It's never used in PvP because, really, it kinda sucks. It'd be more effective with a shorter cooldown.

My suggestion is to halve the cooldown time down to 60 seconds, to match the Legendaries' common 'cooldown to effect' ratio.
If not even less (40 seconds?) Because of the negative effects it has on the user.

Thankies and cheers.

< Message edited by Antithesis -- 4/3/2012 0:40:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 323
4/3/2012 20:01:38   
Phoenix Myth

I can tell AE exactly why very few people play HeroSmash, it's because they made PvP.. but they don't work on nerfing powers that need to be nerfed.

Too many people are using exploited builds so nobody else stands a chance unless they are also using an exploited build, this is not fun for many people and the daily player count reflects that.
AQW  Post #: 324
4/4/2012 10:24:23   
Arachnid

quote:

I can tell AE exactly why very few people play HeroSmash, it's because they made PvP.

No.
Just...No.
PvP is why nearly half of the HS players even STAY here.

The real reason would be the lack of updates/storyline.

~Lady Zafara
AQW  Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Power Balancing for PvP (updated Feb 9th)
Page 13 of 15«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition