Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Insanity's Child -Reboot-

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> Insanity's Child -Reboot-
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/7/2011 19:43:29   
Celestin123

Insanity's Child ~

A fictional, HS story created by Celestin.
Story rated PG-13 for acceptable but not minimal amounts of violence and dark themes.

All characters in this story are either creations of my imagination, based on real players on the forums and herosmash,
or characters created and owned by Artix Entertainment.

The author would like to thank Artix Entertainment staff, for making such amazing games and caring so much for
their game's players. The author would also like to thanks all of his non-forumite/forumite friends, for all the
inspiration, support, and kindness they give to the author.

Special thanks to Raeven and Jae, whom have both given massive amounts of help and inspiration in their own
unique way.

Discuss it here.

< Message edited by Celestin123 -- 12/7/2011 20:22:57 >
AQ  Post #: 1
12/7/2011 20:00:17   
Celestin123

Insanity's Child ~

Prologue ~

I was the first to arrive when the Super City’s First Metro Bank’s alarm started ringing...

The large set of double doors at the front of the usually peaceful First Metro Bank exploded, and about twenty men stepped out, each carrying one bag of money that looked like it weighed a ton, followed by an empty-handed young woman who had a look as if to say ‘Why should I carry anything when other people can do that for me?

I could sense various minds in distress nearby; parents futilely attempting to hush their incessantly crying babies; old couples scared out of their minds at the sight or robbers; teenagers who had just wanted some money after being left broke, courtesy of a huge party; a bank teller nervously fidgeting with the phone in her hands, confused as to whether to call Herospire in order to get the help of a hero, or the police in order receive some backup, or her parents in order to write down her will.

“Quick! Load the money onto the truck! Faster, you baboons! Before a hero shows up!” barked the fiery young woman, with equally fiery hair.

I noticed a small group of men dressed in ridicuous red costumes hustling about, loading sacks of money onto a truck with a red logo imprinted on it. The men started working quicker at the sound of the woman’s voice, obviously intimidated by her authority.

“Hottica,” I announced, stepping out of the shadows in which I was hidden. “Just what are you and your minions doing here?” I asked, already aware of what her answer was going to be.

“Celestin,” she said. “How wonderful of you to join my little party. As you can see, my incompetent minions are busy loading the money we stole from the First Metro Bank while I supervise them. Care to take a crack at getting them to work faster? I warned them that a hero would show up eventually and, sure enough, here you are.”

Now then,” she continued, and turned to her men, whom had gotten all tensed after I appeared. “Go distract Celestin while I make my getaway, will you boys?” She turned back to me. “Well, it’s been nice Celestin, but I’m afraid I’ll have to vaporize you another day. I’m going to a hot party and if I don’t leave now, then I’ll be more than just fashionably late.

“I’m afraid not, my dear. Today, you will face retribution.”

“Au contraire, Celestin. Boys, attack!” she dictated.

“But, Ma’am, we’ve never been trained to fight superheroes!” complained one of the men.

“Yes, what’s your point, George?

"Well...I don't think we're quite ready to engage in-

"Excuse me? Do you not trust in my plans, George? You should feel ashamed. What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I-"

Unfortunately, George never got the chance to finish replying. Hottica grabbed him by the neck and threw him at the truck. I heard an extremely loud THUD seconds later and a massive dent was left in the truck afterwards.

“Do you see what you do, Georgie? Now I have to buy a new truck. Oh well, I can afford it, what with all these bags of money and all. Then again, I could just steal another truck. Decisions, decisions. Now, where was I? Oh, yes! Boys, show Celestin whose boss!” she ordered.

“You are, ma’am!” exclaimed Hottica’s cronies in unison.

One of the men, either the bravest, or the most foolish, ran towards me and swung his fist in my direction but I caught his fist in my palm, then pulled him closer to me and delivered a hard punch to his face.

I let go of the man and he staggered back, and was met with a roundhouse kick before he could regain his senses. He fell to the floor, unconscious.

While most of the Hottica’s minions stared in awe, four of the men had the sense to help their fallen comrade and one ran towards me while the other two, who obviously had no fighting experience, reached into their pockets and pulled out desert eagles.

Before they even had the chance to shoot though, the first man flew into the air, courtesy of my telekinesis, and landed on top of the other three ‘baboons’, as Hottica put them, that were carrying the firearms.

Eight more of Hottica’s minions then pulled out desert eagles but I anticipated it and just concentrated on each of the pistols. Three seconds later, the guns flew out of every minion’s hands and were now aimed at their previous handler.

Hottica’s minions put their hands over their heads in a gesture of surrender. But I wasn’t going to just go easy on them. I focused on each of their respective bodies and lifted them into the air, and then they were all slammed face-first into the concrete. Most of them would be unconscious for quite some time. I had finally won.

Throughout all this, Hottica had been staring at the fight, wide-eyed, and getting angrier by the second. Her hair reflected her anger, as it had turned from a pale yellow, to yellowish-orange, to bright orange, to a bright red color throughout the duration of the fight and was levitating on its own, representing the inferno of fire that was now ignited within Hottica.

“What! How is this possible? You baboons don’t even deserve to be my minions! How pitiful!” she snarled, frightening the men with her flaming-red eyes. “Now I won’t even be fashionably late! I’ll just be unfashionably late!”

She turned to me, and frowned. “I suppose I’ll just have to take care of you myself.”
As she was saying this, flames erupted from her hands aimed towards me. I instinctively dove to the side and felt the intense heat only inches away. I could already feel the quick change in temperature.

I had been too preoccupied with Hottica’s blast to notice that two fireballs were heading straight for me. At the last second, I realized the balls of flame coming towards me and dove once again to the side. A small flame had managed to singe my left wing, which I quickly put out on sight.

Hottica continue to launch fireball after fireball, while I continued to dodge every single one. It soon became a somewhat annoying pattern: She’d shoot a fireball, I’d dive out of the way; she’d shoot two more, I’d duck down at the last possible second; she’d shoot another three, then I’d dodge them, well aware of how close they were to my face.

Sweat trickled down my face. It was becoming quite obvious that I couldn’t keep dodging her attacks forever. I glanced at Hottica, and was relieved to see that I wasn’t the only one of us that was panting like crazy. It was my turn to go on the offensive.

After dodging another five or six fire balls, I focused on her arms. Hottica grimaced when she realized what I was doing. Immediately, her arms abruptly flew behind her back and were tied together with a tight chain that had been, conveniently, in the hands of one of Hottica’s unconscious minions.

I took my time walking towards her and came to a stop a yard in front of her. “Well, looks like you won’t be shooting anymore fireballs at me, or for that matter, anyone, for quite some time, Hottica. I’ve won. Still, I must confess, with your constant fireballs, I barely had enough time to react, let alone focus on your arms long enough to stop your flames.” I admitted.

Hottica was silent. Still, that didn’t worry me. It was typical of villains who’d just been captured to give their captors the silent treatment. What did worry me was the slight hint of a smile tugging on her lips. Finally, she looked at me straight in the eyes and I couldn’t help but notice how her lips seemed to be glowing...

“My palms aren’t the only place I can shoot fire from, my hero. You really should be more cautious next time. You never know when your opponent might have an ace up her sleeve...”

She opened her mouth and out came a fire, the likes of which would put most fire-breathing dragons to shame.

I would’ve died, if not for my enhanced reflexes. At the last second, I got the urge to just stand there in awe, admiring the fire that would’ve surely killed me, but common sense said otherwise.

“Whoa, Hottica. I really wasn’t expecting that. But, unfortunately, it still wasn’t enough to do me in.”

Even after hearing me, Hottica’s grin only grew wider. “Oh, but I didn’t expect it to. I wasn’t trying to do you in, my dear Celestin. I was only trying to establish some distance between us.”

“Distance? For what? Don’t tell me you honestly still believe that you’re going to escape, do you, Hottica?” I asked.

“Yes, I do, actually. You see my dear; my little show of power over there wasn’t my ace, but rather a form of stalling.”

“Stalling? For what?” I inquired.

“I needed to get you into the perfect spot, my dear. As to what I was stalling, for, well, I think this should answer your question.” She replied.

Hottica had been walking awkwardly towards her truck during our conversation, and, curious, I had done nothing to stop her. Now, it proved to be a mistake, because she kicked down a large barrel that was inside the truck’s cargo area, and it spilled an immense amount of gasoline onto the bank’s lawn.

“Gasoline? Hottica, don’t tell me that you’re planning on-“

“Yes,” she interrupted. “I realize that, alone, my fire is powerful. But, with gasoline, it can realize its full destructive potential.”

Before I could do anything, she spit out fire onto the gasoline, and at once, it grew into a destructive inferno.

You see dear, I’m much more than just a cute face,” she said. “I’ve got looks, brawn, brains, and more looks! Now I’m afraid I must take my leave, dear. Tata!” she exclaimed, obviously consumed with a feeling of victory.

The growing flames travelled along the path of gasoline and, soon, there was a huge fire separating me from Hottica and her minions. All of Hottica’s conscious minions piled into the truck and Hottica climbed into the passenger’s seat, while one of her men got into the driver’s seat. Hottica broke the chains apart wither her immense strength, and stole one last glance at me before she turned and prepared to make her great escape.

I had to do something. I couldn’t let her get away.

I proceeded to flap my wings and started to take off for flight, but a sharp pain exploded in my head.

Ugh! My head! What’s happening? Is someone mentally assaulting me? No. This is different. This is- graugh!

I landed on the floor and sank to my knees, the fire mere inches away from me.

How could I had let this happen? I...failed...

What was left of my strength diminished and I finally fell completely to the floor, my head hitting the concrete rather hard for my tastes, surrounded by the left-over bodies of all the minions that hed been left behind by Hottica, and would eventually wake up in
a jail cell, where they'd live for quite a couple of years.

The last thing I remembered was the sound of the truck getting farther and farther away, the presence of something that felt so familiar yet so new to me, and the laughing of a pyromaniac in the distance...

< Message edited by Celestin123 -- 12/7/2011 20:34:17 >
AQ  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> Insanity's Child -Reboot-
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition