Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Holiday House Decorating Contest Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Holiday House Decorating Contest Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/7/2011 20:01:48   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

This is the place to discuss all about the ongoing Holiday House Decorating Contest. Feel free to discuss entries, ideas and anything related to the contest!

Please make sure you post your entries in the official contest thread! Entries in this thread won't be considered.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/7/2011 20:12:26   
PD

Just gonna say this now, the hidden person behind that tree was me in that 2nd sample pic :P
Post #: 2
12/7/2011 20:13:22   
Stabilis

Ideas: If we could interact with our furniture as a new feature I would definitely be more obliged to buy more (I recently bought flamingos/snowmen/Hanukkah candles/Christmas tree... but its mostly eye candy and kinda stale).

I would like to run for 25th place in most beautiful house rooms.
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
12/7/2011 20:15:01   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

Now if only I had a house.. Oh well, good luck to all the entrants! I look forward to seeing them.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/7/2011 21:10:08   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

That badge looks pretty darn cool :)

Note: @Ashari I miss the bunny icon!!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/7/2011 21:18:24   
Jekyll

Man! Only 1 winner? Why not have top 5 since this is an annual event.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/7/2011 21:28:07   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Ashari, I posted my submission. It is a short film instead of screen photos, hopefully it will suffice since it is 3 rooms.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/7/2011 21:28:39   
Smackie El Frog

quote:

Your house should have some Christmas themed items in it (but you can still submit houses that aren't Christmas themed!)

You might want to add Chanukah (Hanukkah) to that for us Jewish players :P

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/7/2011 21:33:12   
Jekyll

I got a question. Who will decide which house is the nicest?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/7/2011 21:34:37   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@Jekyll: Who said there would only be a single winner? ;)

@JZaanu: Screenshots would be prefered. They are easier to look through than videos. You're welcome to post a screenshot of each room if you've got a bigger house!

@Smackie El Frog: I made it a bit more inclusive. Of course we're accepting every holiday in the season :)

< Message edited by Ashari -- 12/7/2011 21:35:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/7/2011 21:54:19   
Smackie El Frog

Alright my entry is posted thanks to some help from Pebbles :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/7/2011 22:09:46   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Very nice submission Smackie. :)

It will be great to see what others can create with the their homes and items.

I also ponder what the prize house item is. I wonder if it could be another house or a statue.
:D

Thank You Ashari. I added the screen photos.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 12/7/2011 22:29:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/7/2011 22:10:59   
Jekyll

Now I have some hope! :)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/7/2011 22:13:14   
DeathGuard

I will try to buy one house and house items and submit the screenshot, I hope exams don't hesitate me so much
I will try to win a house in arcade first
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/7/2011 22:35:03   
Lord Nub

Aww man come on.....

Wanted to do an An Ebil Christmas but can't cause the coffins and bones are now rare :'(

Hopefully someone grabbed that stuff and does it I wanna see !!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/7/2011 23:31:07   
Buffy A. Summers

Buffy's House Is Open For Holiday Gatherings!

Enjoy!

And Thanks To Those Who Helped Me With The Pictures, It's Very Appreciated.

AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/8/2011 2:27:44   
Jekyll

@Ashari: Will people who submit 1 screenie be at a disadvantage compared to those who submit 3?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/8/2011 2:52:12   
Bu Kek Siansu

I'm just wondering how many Rating Points the achievement would have:
1,000 Ratring Points
2,000 Rating Points
5,000 Rating Points
7,500 Rating Points
10,000 Rating Points

Maybe I'll post an entry just for my alt between December 26th and December 30th. :)

At least I can say, good luck guys and gals! :D
Post #: 18
12/8/2011 2:57:48   
Buffy A. Summers

For The Record... I'm Going For The "Cozy" Little Nook, Night Before Christmas, Presents Ready To Be Opened Feel. Small Family Gathering Setting. I Only Wish I Had A Fireplace.

Not The 3 Tiered Multi Layered House...Look At All The Expensive Stuff I Can Cram Into Multiple Rooms, Let's Invite 50 People Over Kind Of Thing.

Christmas Is About "Spirit, Warmth, Love, Togetherness, And GIVING."

... Not Having 12+ Trees, And An Army Of Snowmen. It Shouldn't Be About Excess... In My, Not So Humble, Opinion. Good Things Come In Small Packages.

But To Each Their Own. A Very Happy Holidays To All! Have Fun Decorating! Enjoy.

---

I Would Hope The Staff, Honestly, GIVES Many Players The House Contest Achievement When All Is Said And Done.

Not Sure Who Is "Judging" This, But House Style And Creativity Is Very Subject To Each Individual's Taste.

I'm Sure We Will Have Many Different Takes On How Best To Represent That.

P.S. ~ I Hate To Sound Whiny, But Allowing People To Wait Till AFTER The Holidays, To Decorate, After Dozens Of Players Have Already Submitted Their "Original" Ideas... For Weeks...

Seems Strange To Me.

I Realize The Contest Is In Good Fun, But Letting Players Wait For Their Christmas Money... And Then, AFTER Christmas, To Decorate Their House...For A Holiday Themed Contest?

*Facepalm*

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 12/8/2011 3:15:56 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
12/8/2011 7:06:33   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

@Buffy

When I viewed your house images there was no way to tell your house was yours. Usually we look at the "House Editor" button which can't be removed for proof of house.

I suggest you re-take the pictures with the owner of the house (that way it shows "House Editor") so you don't take the risks of being disqualified.

(I also went to Buffy's Fortune City House and confirmed it was you, but that might have no weight on the contest)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/8/2011 8:00:57   
Buffy A. Summers

@

Ok, Will Do. I Wrongly Assumed, That Houses Would Only Qualify If They Were Actually Confirmed 'In Game' By Staff.

Sorry, I'm Very Noob At Taking Screencaps (Sadly), I Was Having Some Friends Help Me Out.

But, I Will Happily Post New Pictures Shortly Then, With My Home Editor Included As Proof Of It Being My Home.

Thank You.

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 12/8/2011 8:39:05 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/8/2011 9:39:15   
skeletondude

Are credit only Christmas houses allowed in this contest since they're aren't that many good house items in the store to purchase.And may not even have a chance to win o.0 (im just curious so im asking because i submitted mine )
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
12/8/2011 10:08:22   
Buffy A. Summers

@skeleton

I'd Like To Think That They Will Consider ALL Entries, Including Non Varium. Don't Worry.

I Think Your Junkyard Crawler Looks Very Inviting And Cozy For A Small Holiday Gathering!

The Pathway Is Nice And Shoveled!

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 12/8/2011 10:13:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/8/2011 10:13:35   
skeletondude

@buffy: Im glad that you it feels cozy and inviting thank you :)

Is ok if i changed my entrance?? (because i just added a few more details to it)
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/8/2011 10:15:05   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Tempted to buy a house now just for this, i know they're cheap and all, but the extra items to add into the house do add up to a fair armount.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Holiday House Decorating Contest Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition