Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011
Page 26 of 28«<2425262728>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/19/2011 14:45:27   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Frogbones, I wrote several pvp quest, but a lot of players hate when I do that because it encourages dummying when I reward you for playing against each other.
Post #: 626
12/19/2011 15:08:28   
Shadronica

The war, as it stands now, offers so very little incentive to be bothered.

Some of the ideas and suggestions from people who have cared enough to make a post should be implemented.

I apologise for being so damning in my previous posts however, I found that the war rankings were exceptionally affronting, expecting individual people to donate $1,000 + of money to buy their precious achievements is beyond my comprehension.

Why would anyone really bother to buy that achievement when they can get their star rating from less expensive means?

I also agree that actual factions have been sadly overlooked. And to add insult to injury, a person may be quite active in the war yet not even show that they are active in their own factions.

This war was a perfect opportunity for factions to pick up some needed members but there has been nothing to stop players from swinging between Exile and Legion alliance.

I see that missions are going to be made available to aid our war efforts. I certainly hope that some consideration goes into the missions. Previously we have been asked to challenge x amount of players and win against them. This has caused major problems for the good players as very few people accept challenges from them. On the other hand we have the more devious players dummying to easily gain their wins in the wink of an eye. I do hope that the admin can reconsider those types of missions!

Here is another thought ... as added incentive ... why not give special achievements to each different level for the amount of NPC kills at the end of the war.

Anyway I would very much like to see improvements to your war system ED because I do realise that some effort was required by the team to provide this special new area.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 627
12/19/2011 15:08:59   
edwardvulture

@Cinderella
Can you please tell us if Frysteland NPC's will ever drop XP or Credits instead of just war points and bombs?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 628
12/19/2011 15:15:34   
OmilliYo

lol, i can barely get 1,000 war points... 150,000 is... insane D:

and bombs not dropping for me... only had one, and it was when the release was first released. (first try though)

@edward

i don't think its gonna happen because we can fight the war monsters infinite amount of times. Unless they set the monster for that 1 hour wait after 5 kills...

< Message edited by OmilliYo -- 12/19/2011 15:19:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 629
12/19/2011 15:27:40   
edwardvulture

20 credits for the yeti hulk wouldn't break the game.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 630
12/19/2011 15:30:05   
Sparticus

Just out of curiosity, is anyone fighting other players or other NPC's that pay out actual credits and tokens?

The reason I'm asking is that when weapons and other armors become available, you will need credits to buy them and tokens to buy achievements. Fighting in this war gives none of that so it becomes counterproductive to the game's economy. Be sure you don't all chase after this one cheevo and find yourselves broke in the process.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 631
12/19/2011 15:41:00   
Wraith

^Spart that's the biggest issue.

I ALWAYS farm NPCs when the Legion Core is offline.

However, striving to balance farming and Frysteland is hard-you can't have fast kills on both. I use a 121 HP build that's slow as heck vs Frystland NPCs, but retraining over and over for my 63 HP 2-hit everyone build just didn't work. I'm a very casual player, and I now have 2.6k credits.

I don't plan on affording anything, unless I sell all I got (I've sold MANY rares in 2 months).

However, now I farm Shadow Guard five times (spawning point) then start Frysteland. :) it works, up from 1.2k to 2.6k (I have 6k before the war)

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 632
12/19/2011 15:42:05   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Small fix for the war. How about we switch the board positions around? Don't you think someone would like knowing their rank without walking back and forth all day checking? Also, don't you think Exiles would have a list of the Legion players dealing most damage to their side near their base? "Sir, we have the list of enemy troops dealing most damage to our forces." "Good, where is it soldier?" "We put it in a giant board in the Legion's base." "Excellent, I love walking!!"

All of life's problems can be solved with a moose, a cannon and a lot of gunpowder.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 633
12/19/2011 15:43:32   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Pretty close to the Bomardier achievement, and not far off rank 3. Should be able to get the Bombardier tonight if my luck plays right.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 634
12/19/2011 15:50:02   
Wraith

^You would hit Rank 3...but Exile decided Evil Council is too big of a threat and decided to kill everyone in it. Lol!

Nah JK. Lol.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 635
12/19/2011 15:53:45   
  Digital X

Us, a threat? :o

Well, i've had 7 bombs today, and got 4 in a row from drops so that's probably my luck gone for the day.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 636
12/19/2011 16:52:35   
goldslayer1

@cinderella
i know u already had plans to fit along with the story.
but the war ranking system needs to be more fair.
by making the ranks permanent while the war is over so u can still farm the ranks, only from NPCs, or taking a short cut thru super bombs (npc bomb drops would go rare. and ED would still get profit from super bombs when war is rare)

i have explained it on other posts, please read them and consider a possible shift.
i can understand its for storyline purpose, but after the war is over. ranks should still be farmable.
and seeing how its 65k yeti wins for general rank (thats if it takes 1.3 million war points for general. idk if its more)
or $1350 on super bombs.

quote:

quote:

As for General rank, I feel that should remain something that only the most dedicated of war mongers can get up to. Once this war is gone, that achievement will always be a mark to show how much you participated in it and being a General shows you truly went all out. There are plenty of other rank acheivevements to work for along the way if you don't have the time for General, so your effort hardly in vain (not to mention you are helping out your side in the war!).

ohh yeah, all out with $1650 >.>
or 65k yeti wins in like 3 weeks.
totally shows im so dedicated

/end sarcasm
sorry ashari this isn't something i agree with.

in an army, even after the war is over the soldier still keep ranking up.
so the idea basically is, let the war go rare, but let the rank system stay so we can keep ranking up even after the war is over.
obviously the bomb drops would stop, and super bomb stays so others can take a short cut for the ranks if they want to.
but it shouldn't go rare.

think of it like reputations in AQW. even after the event for that area is over, the reputation can still be ranked.
via quest and fighting NPCs. (i dont know if ED is making a repeatable quest for this war. but its needed)

quote:

well here's a suggestion to a much fair system.

quote:

This is EpicDuel's first war,

by that i can assume there will be more, and based on other stuff.
while the war is in place, achievements like participating in the war (bombaider, and war hero) would go rare after the event.
however the rank achievement for killing NPCs would stay. seeing how it is already an a hard feat to get 65k yeti wins for general.
the bomb drops from the NPCs would go rare, but the super bomb would stay incase anyone after the war is over, feels like taking a short cut from farming NPCs. this way ED still gets profit after the war is over. and would actually give non vars a chance at general rank thru 65k yeti wins.

then another add tab/window for accessing "Ranks" that will show Ranks for any "reputation" they have.
and all wars should last atleast 7-8 weeks (or more) so that it gives players the chance at getting the dailies, and the participation achievement such as bombaider and war hero.

this is alot more fair considering that the NPCs dont really give any credits, exp, or tokens, or a win at all.
but if the NPCs stayed and can still be ranked, then it would be better because of these disadvantages.

please forward/tell titan and nw about this so that they may consider it.

im sure the forum community would agree with this idea.

AQW Epic  Post #: 637
12/19/2011 17:04:50   
frogbones
Banned

quote:

Frogbones, I wrote several pvp quest, but a lot of players hate when I do that because it encourages dummying when I reward you for playing against each other.

Then make the penalty for dummying more severe. First offense banned for 1 month, second offense banned for good.

This release was just another "build the ship while we're flying it" routine, replete with the same ol' excuses for tardiness, bugs, and high prices.

Here's a novel idea: Instead of asking for feedback after the event goes live, why don't you do it beforehand? Because honestly, the devs/AE have proven that they've lost their grasp on how to run a game that players enjoy. They are so far-removed from the actual game experience that there's zero reason to trust them to do anything good for the game.

On the other hand, they sure do have the money-grubbing down, though.

Revenue: Up
Respect: Down

Kudos.

< Message edited by frogbones -- 12/19/2011 17:07:12 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 638
12/19/2011 17:09:40   
goldslayer1

quote:

Here's a novel idea: Instead of asking for feedback after the event goes live, why don't you do it beforehand? Because honestly, the devs/AE have proven that they've lost their grasp on how to run a game that players enjoy. They are so far-removed from the actual game experience that there's zero reason to trust them to do anything good for the game.

On the other hand, they sure do have the money-grubbing down, though.

this is why they need a public test server.
where they can test release (from experienced players) and give feedback on it for modifications.

why dont they use doom? its hardly ever open.
AQW Epic  Post #: 639
12/19/2011 17:12:11   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@frog How exactly do you give feedback for a feature that requires playing with that feature first? You don't ask for feedback on something you don't have ready or even partly finished. If you can, then give me feedback on my new drawing that will have a moose in the corner by a stream and the sun is shining. Can't give feedback on that because I may suck at drawing or I may not.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 640
12/19/2011 17:13:22   
  Digital X

Oh, and regarding my luck...

So close. That bomb did not play fair :/
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 641
12/19/2011 17:17:33   
Rayman
Banned

Digi: Lol
AQW Epic  Post #: 642
12/19/2011 17:18:59   
frogbones
Banned

Mallet, don't make the issue harder than it needs to be. It's really not brain surgery, man. Being such an apologist totally discredits anything of value you may or may not say.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 643
12/19/2011 17:22:12   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@frog I don't defend the staff for no reason. I defend them because I know how hard it is coding anything and how hard it is making Flash animations. The average animated movie has dozens upon dozens of animators and it takes them a few months to produce movies. Hudelf stated himself that he works several hours a day trying to get the releases coded on time.

Edit: His post I was referring to

< Message edited by The ND Mallet Guy -- 12/19/2011 17:24:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 644
12/19/2011 17:28:15   
frogbones
Banned

Mallet this has absolutely nothing to do with coding and everything to do with concept.

This was a horribly planned out release (if they even planned at all).
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 645
12/19/2011 17:31:38   
Lord Nub

I don't see why we can't have something for dedicated players. I hope the developers don't give in. Even if no one achieves General then so be it. It should be something that requires great dedication.

Most of these achievements aren't achievements at all because everyone is capable of clicking buy with a few battle tokens. This adds a little more to the game and I hope to see many more opportunities for the dedicated players to achieve more.

Also by dedicated I don't mean by just buying it with 1350 bucks. Also that's an assumption because last I checked no one was even at 400k yet and there has been no announcement made to inform the players of the legitimacy of this. I hope obtaining General is more personally.

If you don't wish to participate for some dumb achievement then don't, that's your decision. For the rest of us, Battleon and lets mop the floor with those Exile scumbags !!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 646
12/19/2011 17:40:16   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

So let me get this straight then. You're upset that they released a few hours late at the cost of some mission while you would've been upset just the same amount if they delayed so they could add the missions in one release? You're also upset that they don't buy another server(which costs a huge amount of cash) and take the time out of their schedule to get it ready for testing releases before they go public? How do they decide who to let in? Make a new system for Membership and spend even more time out of their busy schedule so they can let Members in? Maybe give access to certain people who are trustworthy? Aren't those people already in the testing team? Upset that it wasn't planned out? I think either Cindy or Shari stated it was planned out 2 months in advance.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 647
12/19/2011 17:55:18   
frogbones
Banned

Two months? Then they need to get some fresh brains into those meetings. And the Balance Team has alredy proved that they don't exactly know what they're doing.

It's the same thing: Less actual PvP-related content in a PvP game (such as tournaments or Balance, for example), and more content that revolves around them lining their pockets with poorly thought out releases.

Then the disappointment on the forum.

Then the excuse part: Small staff, coding is haaaaard, unforseen bugs, yada yada yada.

Then another money/Varium-heavy release.

Same crud, different week.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 648
12/19/2011 18:03:51   
goldslayer1

@mallet

or just simply make a thread with a link to the PTR, and have all feedback be posted there aswell.
basically only forum users would be allowed in so that they may also post feedback.

either that or have mods add players to the ptr member list.
AQW Epic  Post #: 649
12/19/2011 18:30:33   
One Winged Angel1357

@gold How is that any different then how the Balance thread works(at your PTR thread) we gather data and say what should be changed.

As for add more members we should do an application topic if such a thing were to happen so you would be added the right members to the team or members better suited for the task of testing then others

Name's OWA... Just OWA
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011
Page 26 of 28«<2425262728>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition