Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011
Page 27 of 28«<2425262728>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/19/2011 18:53:06   
Wraith

^OWA, that would work, but keep in mind they would need to have a clean history (as in minor offense are ok but hacking/scamming would eliminate them).

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 651
12/19/2011 18:57:50   
One Winged Angel1357

@Wraith im sure your record is taking into account for every position you apply for in AE

Name's OWA... Just OWA
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 652
12/19/2011 19:06:09   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Let's just clear this up, some of you guys are asking for a PTR? If that was implemented, you'd be waiting much, much, much longer periods of time, while releases were tested and improved. You'd get the same problems on there, as you do on live now, and everyone would just make the same complaints, so for the price of an extra server, they'd be pretty much no difference to how things happen now, apart from that it'd be on another server called 'PTR', what else would be the difference? I'm expecting a reply saying that it'd allow releases to be made better before they're actually released... But wouldn't that mean everyone would just log on to this server, to find all the newest content? They'd have to be a limit on who could go on... And now I know the answer to that will be 'those who have paid should get access, or those who have paid over $£$£$£ amount should get access', but this would just give Varium players another thing, and the gap between Variums and Non-Variums is slowly being closed, we don't need yet another thing to wedge it open. Not only that, but you're complaining that the Devs are being greedy and selfish, and just want money, making this Varium only, wouldn't that do the same?

Now the other idea is that nothing on this server effects the live game, but all that would do is waste time, which is exactly what most of you are complaining about, saying your wasting time doing nothing useful, just ranking up an achievement.

Let's put it this way, if a PTR server had none of the features above in it, because as I've just explained, none of them would work - then where would that leave us, with a pointless extra server, called 'PTR' that has things released before the others. Then everyone would just complain about it exactly how they are now, and complain more that all the releases are about 3 weeks late, since they're going through PTR testing. We already have a server where we have a select few who test releases, why pay a lot of money for another server that does no different?

This is the first war, it's in its public testing phase now, for everyone to play and try. No one is forcing you to participate in the war, so if you don't like it, simply don't. The thing is, from the position it is in now, where the war engine etc. has all just been coded, it can only improve. We already have a lot of ways to improve it, and as you may have noticed, we as staff, even admit there are mistakes, and there are certainly things that need to be made better.

Now before you start making silly contradicting statements that ED should have a PTR so these 'disasters' don't happen, and all these comments flaming the Devs saying they've done a terrible job on the war. Just think about what has actually been introduced, what could actually be done, and how it could be better, then post it in a nice, respective and constructive way. As Hudelf stated in his topic, comments just flaming staff, and being completely rude, will just be ignored (and/or probably deleted). The problem here is people believe that the way to be listened to is by flaming, yet do you know what members carry the most weight in what they say? Those who have always said things in a way that makes us feel good, or at least doesn't drive us round the bend, and tells us, in a calm, respectful, constructive way, how the release could be improved. Now for example, I know that when many staff read through, if they see a comment from Jzaanu, or Fay bee (Just two examples), they will go out of their way to read it, and they will definitely listen to what they have to say, and will take on board their criticisms. This is not because they're friends with us, nor is it because they're both famous, because how are they famous through out the game? By being such lovely people, and know how to say things in a way that is beneficial to all parties. Now I'm not saying 'send all your messages through them, because that certainly wouldn't work, but what I'm saying is, if you give respect, show respect, you will receive respect back in return. Flaming will get you no where but the 'ignore all posts from ______' list. It's never too late to change your ways, and respect is a mutual thing, what goes around, comes around.

I know this doesn't apply to you all, and I thank everyone who knows exactly how to post very muchly, I can assure you that even if we haven't replied directly, there's a high chance one of us will have read your post :) and we will certainly take note of what has been said.

If you don't see a post from me before then, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas (All those who celebrate it) and any one who doesn't, then I hope that you enjoy the festivity!

< Message edited by Lycus -- 12/19/2011 19:08:21 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 653
12/19/2011 19:09:26   
Wootz

I just want to say. If the Devs make an 'PTR' server.
All players who are able to test in it should be handpicked by Devs & Mods with an different database.
AQW Epic  Post #: 654
12/19/2011 19:14:31   
Smackie El Frog

@ Above

Why? AQW had a PTR server it was just member only. Lots of fun times in that server! Haha

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 655
12/19/2011 19:18:42   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Wootz If those players are worthy of testing the game on a special, would they not be worthy of being on the Testing Team?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 656
12/19/2011 19:20:15   
Wootz

Take it as an trial towards the Testing team.
AQW Epic  Post #: 657
12/19/2011 19:21:08   
One Winged Angel1357

@Wootz we technically already have a PTR it is the balance teams and tester sever its a bit more exclusive then the normal PTR or maybe it is less all i know is the AQW PTR server.

@Smackie as another PTR man those were fun days. But did you notice PTR PvP was better then the PvP that was released some months later? All of us PTR people had an idea of what AQW PvP should have been and we got to taste the Necromancer class but do either of these thing really live up to the standards that were set when they where in PTR. I'd say no because we were the first to test them and got them in the infant stages so once it was ready they had changed or evolved into something we did not like as much and same would most likely happen with the ED PTR server. Same month upon month wait for something we tested and possibly the same let down.

The PTR comments are my personal opinion if you feel different feel free to say so.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 658
12/19/2011 19:37:16   
frogbones
Banned

Or here's another novel idea:

Lower the cost of the game. It's in a "testing phase," right? So we get an unfinished game for the price of a finished one---whatever that means. They way us players get bent over now, what do they expect us to do?

Match the price with the product, and they'll see a more polite and understanding community.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 659
12/19/2011 20:01:17   
drinde

As incentives, what about adding other drops to the War NPCs, that has a chance to drop when a WarBomb doesn't, that can be sold for Credits? Like the Boosters found on Valery aand Gamma Guard.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 660
12/19/2011 20:05:52   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@frogbones I'm pretty sure that bugging Titan and NW about prices they have no control over is going to get much done.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 661
12/19/2011 20:07:32   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@drinde- I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the next Design Notes. ;)

@Frogbones- Lycus has pointed out some of the issues with implementing a PTR type server, so I don't think I need to rehash it. But this is also kind of AE's business model, and there are some things that can't be completely and fully tested without making them public (eg. this war system). It's one thing to have a few people on the test server trying everything out, it's a whole other thing to have hundreds and thousands of participants!
Post #: 662
12/19/2011 20:12:39   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

Like Cinderella stated, having 6 or 7 testers on testing it doesn't give us a clear as day picture of how the war will outcome.

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 663
12/19/2011 20:23:34   
DeathGuard

I have been asking nicely about why do Kringle Bot Staff and Cryomancer Staff go rare, no reply still, Lycus!
Why can't Devs answer some simple question like that? Many ask things about the release, not of the future but the present and they don't get their answers, the communitcation players-devs is extremely low, you can't come with that phrase that even if you don't answer someone, you still read it, how does that proves your point? I have read most of the feature suggestions, and I have seen really cool and non-problematic features, but what? Mods, and Devs don't read! Hear the crowd going out wild? We will scream more higher until you hear us, we can't keep sacrificing our time trying to help the game ( at least some of us) giving ideas and good criticism in a civlized manner and than that posts get ignored, or even be thrown to the Dusty section ( Suggestion Section). That are my thoughts about the Devs behavior, Cinderella makes a great job, but it isn't enough, I would not care if Titan/NW explains something about the coding in some Dns, I would like to read some of it, many will see it as boring, but other interested players will read it and understand the fact of the hardness of coding and such things. Some tutorial video from Charfade and NightWraith would be nice to see, many like seeing artists make some drawing, I know that because my little cousins like that I draw in their presence. I remember some time ago, Charfade make a live streak in some kind of channel and it was awesome, she made the squiddlings for cinderella, I was ignoring my food infront of me because of seeing her flash the squiddlings. Players are curious, we want knowledge, we want to help you, that is why people who support you cares for you. I would appreciate so much if you answer my first question.

EDIT: My question got answered, thanks!

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 12/19/2011 20:39:45 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 664
12/19/2011 21:01:10   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@DeathGuard: The two staves will be returning this week. They weren't left out intentionally.

We try to answer questions whenever possible DeathGuard, but we don't always the information available to us either. I try to give our honest answers whenever I can. Bugs from the release weren't confirmed until this morning, so that's why I hadn't said anything yet about those two weapons.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 665
12/19/2011 22:26:09   
AllenLingChen

I wish there was an achievement for the final person who blew up the bomb. I mean, it doesn't create unfairness, and it promotes everyone to fight. It also makes it fair for free players, because they can also have a chance.

We really need to have some sorta thing that motivates us to battle, such as credits or battletokens.
AQ  Post #: 666
12/19/2011 23:22:16   
T.600

This is fair even though ED has two testers who are under 18 (that I know of).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 667
12/19/2011 23:30:17   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

^Totally irrelevant post

P.S I believe 3.

< Message edited by Holiday Practel -- 12/19/2011 23:31:08 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 668
12/19/2011 23:32:19   
T.600

^It was in reference to the fact that ED lacks testers since Cinderella stated that missions take a long time to test prior to releases. The solution would be to create a thread similar to that in order to search for people who are appropriate for the position.

< Message edited by T.600 -- 12/19/2011 23:39:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 669
12/19/2011 23:36:42   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

More siggies for Exiles. This time from Mecha Mario.
http://oi39.tinypic.com/dpxoat.jpg

< Message edited by The ND Mallet Guy -- 12/20/2011 0:02:30 >

All of life's problems can be solved with a moose, a cannon and a lot of gunpowder.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 670
12/19/2011 23:56:04   
Lord Nub

It would be difficult to find trustworthy people. Everyone here is just some person on the internet to them. They probably like to keep some things to themselves.

I'm sure if you spoke with them in real life at some point and they got to know you it would be a little different. Practel for instance has done what? Played a game Xyo or whoever it was made? It was more like they had a face to go with the name.

Most people here are here to be entertained. Why else do you play games? If they just let anyone join it would cause major problems so I agree with their positions but they really do need to figure something out. Getting people to join some team from this worthless forum seems pretty counterproductive to me though and would cause more problems.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 671
12/20/2011 0:59:28   
  Charfade

@ The ND Mallet Guy

now all your sig needs is Sarah Mclachlan
MQ Epic  Post #: 672
12/20/2011 8:47:36   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@DeathGuard: I do apologies for that, and I think Ashari pretty much summed everything up - The Devs don't work on the weekends, it's their only time off. We get all our information from the Devs, so we have to ask about these things when possible, which usually means waiting till Monday.

Sadly, if the Devs start trying to juggle in talking on the forums, then releases would end up being delayed, which would just cause more up roar. Ashari, Cinderella and Charfade do try as hard as possible to get around answering and replying to as many things as possible. I certainly from now on will try and pick up my activity on here, and answer/reply to as much as possible. As I said above, we get our information from the Devs, so we have to ask and get answers when the chance arises, and we'll post the answers here when we get the chance.

I will thank you also for your well-mannered posts, and I know my statement about 'we'll at least read them' may sound slightly strange... But the thing is, behind the scenes, we do have a large document of suggestions made by players, and I can assure you that we have implemented quite a large number of these. We're not always here to read through everything, and sometimes, yes, posts are overlooked, but I can also assure you that quite a few of posts here (polite ones), have triggered conversations about these things between me and Cinderella, NightWraith etc, or even a full Staff discussion. We do take player views on-board, though it may not always seem like it, and we try our hardest to read through as much as possible. What I am simply saying is, with the sheer number of replies here, we can't possibly read through them all, and those that are rude, abusive and just flame others, are the ones that get ignored to all us to get through as many as possible! :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 673
12/20/2011 11:36:23   
Hallodeath

whoops

< Message edited by Hallodeath -- 12/20/2011 11:38:10 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 674
12/20/2011 12:34:32   
IsaiahtheMage

Shouldn't this thread be locked now that the new DN has been released and already has a thread for it?
AQW Epic  Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 26 [27] 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011
Page 27 of 28«<2425262728>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition