Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 19th 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 19th 2011
Page 3 of 17«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/20/2011 12:09:59   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Hallo I made it well clear to all the artists that I would be spreading them for public use on the AEF.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
12/20/2011 12:13:24   
Hallodeath

^ Then it seems like I didn't see it.Oh well,I'll use it for now only.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 52
12/20/2011 12:36:40   
Dendavex

The armors are probably varium
but the release is good
Epic  Post #: 53
12/20/2011 14:08:47   
My Name is Jake
Banned

quote:

Not even possible to obtain? You say that with no knowledge of the event whatsoever.

This armor doubles the points gained, there will be more to be gained from farming npc's making it a little easier on some, and the missions have yet to be released and who knows how much they will be worth.

Not to mention we don't know how long the event will be released for. Seems to me like this is going to be quite easy to obtain and that those who have spent money on this have wasted it. Bombs already drop super fast if done right. Don't believe me then check my page and I haven't spent that much time on it. But yeah it's totally impossible lol

I mean it's not possible for most people right now. The armour and missions haven't been released. Also, I didn't say that with no knowledge of this event whatsoever.
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
12/20/2011 14:13:34   
Retrosaur

Charfade, NW, Titan, Hudelf, Cinderella, Ashari, and many others:
This is one of the few times since Gamma I have seen all the players in almost perfect unison praising you. Things are really changing for good! Good luck with your work guys!
AQW Epic  Post #: 55
12/20/2011 17:01:38   
My Goldfish Died

In the poem it said
quote:

Buying weapons and gift wrap and fruitcake- Half Price!

Dont any of you think this as interesting?
I hope they are telling the truth and weapons will be half-priced!!

Also, can someone tell me when is the update?
I dont want to miss the half-price if its only for a day so...
Thanx

Epic  Post #: 56
12/20/2011 17:05:08   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@goldfish It's just a poem for the holidays. Don't expect it to be a prediction of anything for the release. Cindy was just having fun with it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
12/20/2011 17:52:00   
FrostHS
Banned

ED. Reducing the price? LOL YEA RIGHT!
AQW Epic  Post #: 58
12/20/2011 18:45:41   
edwardvulture

There's barely any non-varium players left in real battles. all npc do-ers. I think ED could have had a lot more players if it didn't cost 50$ to be overpowered for 3 months.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
12/20/2011 18:56:58   
DestruRaGe

^So true edward.

Epic  Post #: 60
12/20/2011 19:10:53   
rej

woohoo! epic release!

< Message edited by rej -- 12/20/2011 21:56:28 >

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
12/20/2011 19:40:19   
goldslayer1

quote:

New Threads

This week, we’ll also be introducing two new armors for purchase, the Frost Reaper armor for Legion players and the Beast Rider armor for Exile players. Equipping this armor increases your side’s War Points as you battle. They will also have another potent effect that we will announce as development progresses.

I assume these armors will have the same stats but different looks right?
If it has different stats, then factions should be allowed to change alignment, or have players allowed to change alignment in the war regardless of their real faction. As I don't want to have an disadvantages because of my alignment.

quote:

Not everyone can simply spend a few hours to get these ranks. Dunno why there's such an upset community about not being able to get it. What's the fun and where are the goals if it were easy?

@lord nub
well I made a plan so far of getting 500 yeti wins a day for as long as the release last (estimated time 3-4 weeks tops, however no confirmation by the devs)
500 yeti wins is 10k war points. and if im correct. general rank (which has been changed idk by how much tho) would take 130 days at a rate of 500 wins daily and the release wont last long. this isn't counting bomb drops (which is also being changed)
while it would be possible to get general. war hero would still be hard as well (unless they change the super bomb to a higher cost. say 1 var per war point. so 200 var per super bomb, not counting the critical chance)

Anyways I can explain more details in PMs.
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
12/20/2011 19:45:37   
Lord Nub

Would be nice to have stackable items along with this release. Totally taking peoples fun away who were saving their war bombs to fire all at once...

Not to mention the Non-Variums so called impossible chances. If any were collecting bombs to fire all at once, and come to find out there is something released they have to have or suffer a huge point disadvantage, then they lose time collecting...

@Above,

Include armor with that and your at 20k a day already. Plus factor in the bomb drop which is roughly 1 in 20 wins atm, giving you 25 bombs a day, haven't figured out the percentage on crits yet since I mindlessly blew the crap out of the core so we'll go with just 75 damage per = a 1,875 bonus. Factor in the increased drop chance after the release advertised Wed-Thurs, in English that's Friday, and your looking much better.

I sure hope they do the math properly and make it so that very very few if anyone obtains General. So far the only real achievements in this game are the dailys and with this they are bringing new things to the table for players to work for and actually achieve something.

I'm actually having fun collecting bombs and doing this, but hey, we all have our own tastes. If this event lasts too long I feel those who have supported the war effort with varium bombs will be let down since everyone will end up getting all the achievements making this one also worthless.

< Message edited by Lord Nub -- 12/20/2011 19:59:47 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
12/20/2011 20:44:06   
Goony
Constructive!

Add a zero to the war points from the NPCs' as the carrot is too far away from the donkey. Having achievements that are only obtainable by a very small percentage of the game population or as it stands now not at all means that the war will just become a non participation event.

Now for the propaganda ;)

Exile resistance is growing, the war caught us by surprise in respect that so many Legion scum actually put down their copper spoons and took up arms to fight in the battle.

Exile soldiers unite and fight for the Krampus and for the Yeti's. Let us banish the corruption and evil from their home so that one part of Delta V is free to enjoy a peaceful life. The Krampus and Yeti can help us to return Delta V to what it once was, our beautiful planet cannot support the global warming that is generated from all the hot air that the Legion warmongers create.

Do your best and our numbers will prevail or we will suffer in the knowledge that the Legion will subject the Yeti to all sorts of cruelty and with the help of the Krampus create all sorts of unspeakable monsters.

Exiles! Are we Yeti to battle?
Epic  Post #: 64
12/20/2011 20:47:42   
Lord Nub

quote:

Having achievements that are only obtainable by a very small percentage of the game population or as it stands now not at all means that the war will just become a non participation event.

The achievement is obtainable at 100 war points. It evolves meaning you get what you put into it. Also an achievement means you actually achieved something. I love the idea of this rank structure and hope to see it in many more of the upcoming releases.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
12/20/2011 20:48:40   
goldslayer1

quote:

Exiles! Are we Yeti to battle?

General GoldSlayer1 reporting for legion extermination!
;)
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
12/20/2011 20:54:40   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Moose Masher Mach 1 reporting for duty. Legion can't keep launching 100Ks of bombs everyday. As the phrase goes, "Legion's got the payers, Exile's got the players." Let's go save some Yetis!!

All of life's problems can be solved with a moose, a cannon and a lot of gunpowder.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
12/20/2011 20:54:52   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Hmm. The exiles are getting restless.

*stares at the Legion Banner.* Order shall be maintained.
AQW Epic  Post #: 68
12/20/2011 20:57:46   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

yay, new armors. (Hopefully better looking than tesla, and not limited quantity.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 69
12/20/2011 20:58:29   
Lord Nub

@ND,

Phrase makes no sense. Takes funds to support a war. No wonder you guys are being defeated so easily...

Were smarter, tougher, and much better equipped. Better bring out your big guns soon or this is gonna be a slaughter....oh wait it already is :D
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
12/20/2011 21:00:21   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@DNW Are you with Legion or Exile? I wasn't sure with that post.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
12/20/2011 21:02:08   
Goony
Constructive!

Huh, you already said that the top achievement was impossible!

We know that Titan is going to change it, but the figures are still up to him to implement. Now if I was a game developer and I wanted to make some money would I; make achievements that are impossible to get or perhaps have 1 or 2 people make it by spending copious amounts of money or doing 60k wins (look at ED's 3 year old leaderboard, last time I checked the leader had close to 200k wins in 2 years) that is so time intensive that it is also impossible; or would it promote participation and spending if the goal was actually with reach... hmm, more beer needed to work that out.

More propaganda ;)

See, Nub is your typical Legion scum, always wanting the best for themselves. They have no regard for the general community and Exiles we should rise up against the evil, evil, evil and smash these arrogant warmongers into oblivion and beyond!

P.S. No offence intended, this is war;)
Epic  Post #: 72
12/20/2011 21:12:00   
Lord Nub

^ Lol @ the propoganda, more of a personal attack but that's ok.

On to the topic at hand,

Makes no sense...is it jealousy that prevents people from wanting higher goals? I don't understand the issue.

I don't find myself obtaining General but would like for there to always be more to be gained. This opens the door for other achievements of this type as well. Maybe 1v1, 2v2, and Jug achievements that level for the amount of wins you get in that area.

Goals is what keeps the players around. Once achieved, then what is the purpose? If General is to be achieved by so many, then those of us that actually put time into the game will have nothing else to do, therefore, won't play the game or give ED any money.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
12/20/2011 21:22:48   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@lord It's quite simple. Before yesterday, Exile was 300k behind Legion. Then yesterday came along and 1st and 2nd place racked up 300k for Legion with bombs. Now that the bombs are starting to die down some, Exile is catching up again in points. So therefore, Exile has more players to get points from battling but Legion has the payers to buy bombs and get points. But money isn't infinite so Exile will eventually win. Even more likely since, Christmas is almost here and hundreds of players will stop spending on ED and start spending on family and self. Without the money to buy bombs, Exile will easily overtake your forces.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
12/20/2011 21:41:28   
IsaiahtheMage

Come on Legion! We can not let the Exiles win! Frysteland shall be ours! For the Legion!

From the math I did the Exiles are around 670,000 War Points behind! So we definatly are winning keep it up guys!

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 12/20/2011 21:42:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 19th 2011
Page 3 of 17«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition