Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 19th 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 19th 2011
Page 4 of 17«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/20/2011 21:48:34   
Jekyll

@Isaiah

quote:

From the math I did the Exiles are around 670,000 War Points behind! So we definatly are winning keep it up guys!

I think you should replace the word "winning" with "by paying for bombs", don't you think so? :))))))
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 76
12/20/2011 21:50:17   
Lord Nub

So when we win do we get to have a yeti on top of our base holding a a stake with
Alda 'hag' rimms head on it?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
12/20/2011 21:52:25   
drinde

Hmph.

How come the Yeti Hulk fights for the person that uses his kin as a fur coat?

ED Logic...

DF MQ Epic  Post #: 78
12/20/2011 21:59:55   
Lord Nub

^ Because we have enslaved their race. The Exiles are attempting to give them medicine to heal them and end our control.

Obviously it won't work as the Exiles are such a weak resistance and will soon be consumed by the Legion hordes.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
12/20/2011 22:04:01   
IsaiahtheMage

@Jekyll That is a very sad truth. But at least we are still winning. We would have probably one anyway though. @drinde Because they are our mindless slaves. And Lord Nub explained the rest.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 12/20/2011 22:16:45 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 80
12/20/2011 22:07:47   
drinde

Let's see.

To protect one's freedom, they may choose to die.

But who would die to enslave another? Since if they're dead, they can't do it anyway.

And that's why Exiles are going to fight.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 81
12/21/2011 0:43:04   
Silver Sky Magician

@drinde

Some choose to protect their freedom. Others choose to protect their power.

And sometimes their desire to do so overwhelms their desire to live :)

@below

:D

Unfortunately my spelling error has been preserved for eternity DX

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 12/21/2011 1:13:31 >
Post #: 82
12/21/2011 1:00:18   
Sipping Cider

quote:

Some choose to protect their freedom. Other choose to protect their power.

And sometimes their desire to do so overwhelms their desire to live :)

Gave me the shivers
Epic  Post #: 83
12/21/2011 1:13:28   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

quote:

Does this just mean that you are dangling a bigger carrot in front of the donkey? .. or you have made an adjustment to the amount of points required to obtain "General" status?

It's not only new ranks to fill in the gaps! The amount of points for the ranks have all been adjusted, including General. I'd like to keep the amount required a surprise, but it's much more reasonable than the original amount. It's still an accomplishment only the most dedicated warmongers will get, but every General will be rewarded with one the most valuable achievements in-game!

quote:

Can any of the staff tell me a bit more about the armors---will they be "regular" armors or only useful for this war?

The armors are getting a nice bonus that will help out specifically in this war, but they won't have any stat penalties because of it. They'll be just as powerful as other armors of the same level.

quote:

I assume these armors will have the same stats but different looks right?

They will have very different looks, that's for sure. The stats on the armors haven't been assigned yet, so I'd like to hear everyone's opinions. What would you prefer? The Legion and Exile differences (and there will be more of these in the future) could be mainly visual, while equipment stays parallel in stats OR the equipment could vary in both stats and looks.

Some players will undoubtable prefer the other sides' armor just based on looks, but the differences between the Exile and Legion should be a significant one. Your alignment is an important choice to make for your character, but it does mean making sacrifices.

quote:

Come on Legion! We can not let the Exiles win! Frysteland shall be ours! For the Legion!

Goooo Legion! Don't let me down! <3 (Don't judge! I like order! Order is nice... and orderly! :P)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
12/21/2011 1:19:21   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

The armors really should have the same stats because it has been proven countless times before that the stats aren't equal in this game. Some are more valuable than others obviously. Same with the NPCs. They need to have same stats or at least really close to them. Otherwise you'll have a flamewar to clean up at the end because "(Insert winning side) had easier NPCs and better armor!!1!1!one!"
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
12/21/2011 1:22:05   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

In regard to the armors, I think both affiliations having the same stats. If any adjustments like affiliation change or new affiliations are added, the armors could transfer over. I also think it would be nice to have armors that don't include enhancements. Many have made or will be making financial sacrifices for this war.

Many enhancements could be added as drops from the war npcs. The more you play, the stronger the armor gets. Or the armor gets enhancements from your badge rank. The higher you obtain, the more enhancements receive.
AQW Epic  Post #: 86
12/21/2011 1:34:29   
Gepard Acht

maybe the only way the armor gets enhancements are by turning in the drop-able bombs ( not using them ) so it would be similar to DF, an item used only for getting the class (armor in this case) stronger
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
12/21/2011 1:44:31   
Elkaus

I think that the armor should be the same for both alignments otherwise a lot of people will complain. Also, I reckon that it should just be a normal armor with normal enhancements and good stats :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 88
12/21/2011 1:45:48   
drinde

^
Yea, but don't go overboard with the Stats.

Also, how about equalising the power of the Yeti Hulk and Fenris?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 89
12/21/2011 2:00:51   
Shadronica

Music to my ears and thank so much for the reply Ashari.

I am most grateful that the team have compromised.

I wholeheartedly agree with ND Mallet and Jzaanu regarding the armors. Jzaanu made a most valid request regarding the enhancements or I should say "no enhancements" on the armors as the war is not easy on our depleted purses and wallets especially for those of us who support Christmas with extended families.

I am now looking forward to participating in our upcoming updated war. :)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 90
12/21/2011 2:22:39   
Jekyll

When you fight exile soldier, he sometimes says "exiles have lousy benefits". Its foreshadowing!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 91
12/21/2011 2:34:25   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@drinde: The NPC balance between the two sides was one of the first things that was fixed for this week's release.

quote:

...and many people were finding it more difficult to defeat the Yetis than the Krampus, so we’ll be balancing out the War NPCs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
12/21/2011 2:52:15   
Goony
Constructive!

Having the enhancement based on achieving a rank in the war would be hard to code I think. There is an enhancement system in place already and the issue is how would the enhancement point be applied when you rank up. Perhaps the way that it could be implemented would be to have a rank up screen (at the moment there is no screen when you rank up in the war) and you could get credits to the value of the relative enhancement slot each time you rank up. You could apply or use the credits for other purposes.

On the subject of stats for armors, I am assuming they are Varium, it's been 2 years since the founder armor was released and it is on the threshold of still being useful how about:

10 Str
10 Dex
9 Resistance
8 enhancements

Yup, I just made founder obsolete and perhaps made balance worse ;)

Other option is to just spread out the stats again, like the last few armors.
Epic  Post #: 93
12/21/2011 3:09:58   
drinde

^
Seriously, the armors better not promote STR. ;)
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 94
12/21/2011 3:59:10   
Renn100

I think the best armor idea would be the ARMOR MUTATING.Example 1 player need a deffensive armor (tech,dex) (like me;) the second player shud need and offensive (str,supp) or the 3rd player should need a balanced armor like (dex,supp) and (tech,str). In my opinion to not make players feel sux make 2 diff armors(exile,legion) with a skill that can change the STATS of the armor
Post #: 95
12/21/2011 4:05:47   
Gepard Acht

^ way to complicated , how do you expect the armor to know what you want?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
12/21/2011 4:06:08   
Cookielord12

lol i see that exiles get double exp while legion reactor is offline, kill arctic guard once to see if he gives credits and i get a bomb
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 97
12/21/2011 4:11:59   
Elkaus

Although JZaanu's enhancement idea is quite good, I'm guessing that coding it would take too much time. IMHO, I reckon that the best way to keep everyone happy and to release on time is too just create a normal armor (with normal enhancements) that has the same stats for both alignments.

Also, the kills that you do in Frysteland should be shown in the faction page.

< Message edited by Elkaus -- 12/21/2011 5:18:40 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 98
12/21/2011 6:23:00   
Remorse

I agree with Jzannu that something needs to be done about enhacments.

But thier is two problems with enhacements, the first is the price and second is the balance problem they cause and the neceseity.

Making enhacments easily acsesable would be great and solve the price issue it would still not help out balance and perhaps make it worse for low levels as it may make unbalanced fights at low levels for those lucky enough to get them easy.

Thats why I think my enhacments Idea would be awsome, It is make enhacments not a Bonus amount of stats rather a number of amount of times you can re arange the stats your wepons have already.
eg. Forstbane has 8dex tech and supp, If I wanted to I could pay for the 10 enhacments and have a maxiumum of 10 rearanges so I could make the frostbane 10 str, 8 dex, and 6 tech. ( 8 from spport to str and 2 from tech to str.)

It would solve the price issue because people will no longer need to use them, it will stop spamming without downsides in other words if you wanted to spam str you still can but with massive decreases in defences and it would make a wepons placing of stats more important as it is worth it to buy wepons with good stats to save varium.

It does all this and at the same time gives players the freedom in stats that they achieve with enhacments currently as they would be able to move wepons stats around if they wanted to , and to an extent what it is like now excpet players dont get all the bonus stats which cause the need for stat inflation agialty and general bad balance as well as making luck more influencing.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/21/2011 6:27:32 >
Epic  Post #: 99
12/21/2011 8:34:19   
Wootz

For the armors,
I'd suggest like this:
Since the Legion has all the technology and support in weapons, I'd suggest an +3 Dexterity, +6 Technology and +10 Support with 9 Resistance/Defense. Standard 8 Enhancement slots. The armor should look all high-tech.

For Exile, since they are outcasted, low on resources etc. :
+6 Strenght
+7 Dexterity
+6 Support
8 Enchancement slots.
For the looks, I'd suggest something that looks really old, ripped in some parts and a bit rusty with blue colors.
AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 19th 2011
Page 4 of 17«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition