Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!
Page 8 of 17«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/5/2012 21:13:43   
edwardvulture

We need a non-varium tester to have battles with another varium tester and see whether the power of a varium player have gone too far.

@OWA good point maybe they should

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 1/5/2012 21:40:22 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 176
1/5/2012 21:26:36   
DunkThatOreo

I take back what i said,isn't fair to the ED team, blame youselves players.

< Message edited by DunkThatOreo -- 1/5/2012 21:28:16 >
Epic  Post #: 177
1/5/2012 21:27:28   
frosty123

If we wanted that Mods equip CGear and fight with a Vgear
Post #: 178
1/5/2012 21:38:50   
Aere

Somebody explain how a CH with physical armor and Plasma Armor skill is any different from a TLM with Mineral Armor and an energy armor?
AQW Epic  Post #: 179
1/5/2012 21:39:44   
psycho009

900 varium down the drain as bm, im goin back to techmage, bm is just pure garbage now comapred to the other 2 classes
Post #: 180
1/5/2012 21:44:10   
One Winged Angel1357

@Edward I'll try to con Ashari into it but testers use alts so their is prolly no need for it but i could be wrong
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 181
1/5/2012 21:45:00   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@matrix
quote:

"TLM - Replace Hybrid Armor with Mineral Armor (New skill - passively gives physical defense)
Reduces inherent tankiness of TLM"

sounds reasonable since they are evolved versions of mercs with an hybrid, so giving them mineral armor is reasonable imo, though I don't see how that will reduces the inherent tankiness of TLMs, maybe someone can enlighten me on this? :D

They get lower defense from the new skill as well. It's also so they won't abuse Blood Shield and energy armor against CHs and Mages.

quote:

"TLM - Replace Technician with Blood Shield
Reduces ability to be more tanky + increase damage output + heal"

Technician+Smokescreen=Super Tank that could take 60+ health with Gamma Bot. Technician+Surgical Strike=Amazing tank build that will steal your biggest and most reliable form of beating their defense(rage).

quote:

"Improve Fireball & Plasma bolt
Slightly weaker early levels, scales much better mid-high levels"

Improving fireball, for BM vs a Tank TLM, fireball is useless since BM has no smoke to debuff the def the Tank TLM has, as for improving Plasma bolt, when a BM or TM faces a CH with a Plasma Armor and is a Tank, Plasma bolt is useless. If skills can't be applied to all classes, even with improvements don't really make much difference. Though this improvement of the skills in itself is not a bad idea, just that even improving them won't really help much against certain class builds.

I already deal 30+ damage on TLMs. They'll be needing over 40 defense to reduce me down to the 30s range of damage. I manage to get 73 on Fireball with my str build and manage 4 focus as well.

quote:

"Slightly reduce passive Armor skills’ defense/resistance
Evens out scaling per skill level, make it slightly less powerful"

I still don't see how a reduction in these armors will prevent either class from still being OP or above all other classes.

It's the small things that matter. Take seconds for example. Pile enough of them up and you have an entire lifetime of a man.

quote:

"BM - Replace Technician with Energy Shield
Gives BM higher energy resistance"

This is a fail, why? simply because BMs HAVE NO WAY to improve their skills much further that requires tech, to make things worst this also pretty much destroys BM's 5 focus builds if anyone uses it, they will see the side effect once this balance update goes live. So how does this in any way helps BM? Maybe help them last a turn or two longer and hope they go lucky and win when facing against a str physical TLM?

I have no use for Technician because any 5 focus build I could make would pale compared to a TLM focus build. I'd rather have a shield that will save me both skill points and energy than something that will waste a turn for less defense and slightly improved damaging skills.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 182
1/5/2012 21:53:37   
Algorithm

nD MAllit ar you tesztr ED?
Post #: 183
1/5/2012 21:54:10   
Remorse

@mallet
You forgot the best change,

Maul for stun grenade.

Maybe for once we could stand a chance agianst TLM copy builds because they wont stun anymore.

*cough My idea cough*
Epic  Post #: 184
1/5/2012 21:56:59   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@al I am not a tester, I just know some things about balance and try to look at things at a much larger picture.

@remorse I believe they had the idea to switch the two skills for quite awhile. Just because you suggested something they planned on doing doesn't mean you're the reason it got implemented. Like Class Change. No one got that implemented by suggesting it, the Admins most likely had it planned out for quite awhile.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 185
1/5/2012 22:02:56   
Remorse

I remember actuly posting it not long after TLMs were made...

Thats was around 6 months ago.

And I have been constantly reminding the idea, So i like to think I made contribution to this change.

Though you are right they could have it already planned, but at least it's nice to know that my ideas are decent enough to be implemented, wheter It was my fault or not doesnt really matter.

Plus its not the first time,
I know this was already planned but I also sugested to change TLMs hyrbid passive to a similar one but not as powerful xD
And I also sugested to give Cyber Hunters something similar to hybrid.
I sugested making crits less powerful but more frequent (that change occured a while ago soon after I sugested it)

I know this was their idea, but hey at least I get the satisfaction of knowing I think the same way as the balance team.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/5/2012 22:04:36 >
Epic  Post #: 186
1/5/2012 22:25:59   
Jekyll

I dont care whose idead it is, but its definitely the smartest thing - changing stun for grenade. There is hope!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 187
1/5/2012 22:50:26   
Retrosaur

quote:

I take back what i said,isn't fair to the ED team, blame youselves players.

Good job sucking up to the devs.

quote:

I remember actuly posting it not long after TLMs were made...

Thats was around 6 months ago.

And I have been constantly reminding the idea, So i like to think I made contribution to this change.

Though you are right they could have it already planned, but at least it's nice to know that my ideas are decent enough to be implemented, wheter It was my fault or not doesnt really matter.

Plus its not the first time,
I know this was already planned but I also sugested to change TLMs hyrbid passive to a similar one but not as powerful xD
And I also sugested to give Cyber Hunters something similar to hybrid.
I sugested making crits less powerful but more frequent (that change occured a while ago soon after I sugested it)

I know this was their idea, but hey at least I get the satisfaction of knowing I think the same way as the balance team.

Coolstorybro. No offense, but it sounds like you want to get credit. Well I thought of the idea when I was born, and I was born in 1900, so your argument is invalid. Seriously though, this isn't the thread for insisting that you created an idea. Intellectual property is bull, and I can rant on and on about rights and whatnot, but I'd rather not.

< Message edited by hypedxlord -- 1/5/2012 22:54:34 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 188
1/5/2012 22:58:21   
Lord Nub

^ The main problem with this forum. How can those responsible for putting the consumer last be held accountable if the players themselves can't even do it?

So many kids on here trying to make others look good when they are definitely not. Shame those that post great things simply get overlooked or ignored because of the spam of garbage.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 189
1/5/2012 23:13:19   
Laces

Wait till the release to criticize the balance changes. Until we see their full effect on the battle field, we can't say anything. Don't be so critical of something that has yet to happen.
AQW Epic  Post #: 190
1/5/2012 23:35:25   
Zeoth

@above
But we do that everyday wether it's a game or real life we judge things before they happen. Like elections we vote on candidates by what they say then we judge.

< Message edited by Zeoth -- 1/5/2012 23:37:05 >
Post #: 191
1/5/2012 23:39:13   
Laces

^Good point. But people are overreacting to this. Its not like the world's going to end. TLMs are not being nerfed significantly. They lose the ability to switch to an Energy Armor. They lose Maul. Thats it.

CH's get Plasma Armor and lose Technician. Thats it. Lets see how it plays out. Stop overreacting.

BM. Yes it needs some energy stealing ability and I'm sure the balance team will attempt to add a skill like that (hopefully), next balance update.

We're getting content and balance this update, aren't you satisfied? My god.
AQW Epic  Post #: 192
1/5/2012 23:43:57   
Zeoth

You just can't please everybody. ;/ I for one will certainly enjoy this as on paper it's convinced me to start playing again. People overreact its how the world is. Why do we have wars? It's because people overreact and jump the gun.
Post #: 193
1/6/2012 0:10:02   
Calogero

quote:

^Good point. But people are overreacting to this

Shouldn't we? It isn't the first time and most definitly won't be the last time that people judged before it got released and in the end did that with a good reason??

quote:

BM. Yes it needs some energy stealing ability and I'm sure the balance team will attempt to add a skill like that (hopefully), next balance update.

Actualy a good reason to ' judge ' before it happens... We all know how long it takes for them to even Speak of a Balance update, nonetheless
even Release one.

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 194
1/6/2012 5:42:33   
Shadronica

Hello everyone. Just dropped in to see what's new. I see I haven't missed much ... still the same old ED. ;)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 195
1/6/2012 5:58:18   
RageSoul

Sorry for the delay....
@G00ny
Oh thank you .

On-topic : I hope BS from TLMs isn't at Tier 4 because that'll make the class spend more points while have their skill tree a bit messy .

AQW Epic  Post #: 196
1/6/2012 10:48:12   
Midnightsoul

seeing all this, now i want a refund on my armor...

-Midnightsoul
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 197
1/6/2012 11:08:21   
Hun Kingq

The ND Mallet Guy mention that he managed to get 73 on fireball and no one slams
that individual telling that person they exaggerate or questions what level player that was on,
was that in a 2vs2 match with a person that was smoked, did they have any armor,
what class they were?

A person could get full potential of a skill like fireball if they don't have hybrid armor
or any physical armor but if they have hybrid armor and physical armor you would not get even 40
damage maybe at least 45 at rage that is with high strength and max fireball. Level 6 technician combined
with max plasma cannon is a very deadly combo with that I used it on a level 34 tact merc that had hybrid on
resistance with a +9 energy armor and got 63 damage, this is no exaggeration, the reaction from other players
were "damn!"

So when you blast one person for any numbers being put up, be fair, blast all players just as equally

The Blood Mage should stop be handed skills from other classes where it is linked to another class where
it would be impossible just to make improvements for just the Blood mage without affecting the other class.
For Technician all what they had to do is bring it up to par with energy shield,
which would have benefited the tech mages as well.

Since they are chipping away at anything to improve the power of the Blood Mage,
next they should replace reflex boost and just have a physical shield bubble, just
increase defense, not dex and defense, then the Blood mage won't be able to increase the
power of overload and super charge.

Well about the update, will the mission be repeatable?
Epic  Post #: 198
1/6/2012 11:09:01   
Cookielord12

lol a tac merc called me lame. that nerf will show him.

lol he said he was on leaderboard so i healed to annoy him.

third time a fluked a win. man was he mad

< Message edited by Cookielord12 -- 1/6/2012 11:13:35 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 199
1/6/2012 11:25:50   
Sipping Cider

This is going to be a great update! Can't wait for missions and plasma armor for my cyber hunter. The tactical mercenary nerf is good too.

It's kind of funny how all of the new classes had technician. When they came out and soon none will have it.
Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!
Page 8 of 17«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition