Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Achievements Unavailable to Fac Founders

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Achievements Unavailable to Fac Founders
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/6/2012 21:28:17   
Wiseman

Well another option would be to add the opposite alignments achievement to two alignment based black market shops, which sells them for a high price (3000-5000 battle tokens).

However since I do not decide on things like achievements or features, my thoughts here are simply my opinion, and should not be taken as any sort of promise or announcement.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
1/6/2012 21:36:07   
Lord Nub

^ Could also work for the achievement issue.

Still have the many missions were missing out on though.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/6/2012 21:38:05   
Shadronica

Lol *facepalm* still the same old ED. :P
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
1/6/2012 21:48:27   
rej

quote:

Well another option would be to add the opposite alignments achievement to two alignment based black market shops, which sells them for a high price (3000-5000 battle tokens).

However since I do not decide on things like achievements or features, my thoughts here are simply my opinion, and should not be taken as any sort of promise or announcement.

Better yet, the opposing alignment achievement could drop from a quest that requires 25 war bombs.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
1/6/2012 21:56:16   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Shadronica- and how would you address the situation?
Post #: 30
1/6/2012 21:58:20   
Shadronica

Cindy I am sorry to say but I would never have put us in this situation to start with. What on earth possessed someone to encourage people to leave factions in the first place?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
1/6/2012 21:59:26   
Smackie El Frog

Why not make it like the current war rank cheevo's? One replacing the other could work couldn't it? And for the ones that have both...kudos to the traitors I guess.

@Cindy

Shads got a point. Also, it could of just been a Frysteland Slayer cheevo rather than one for each side.

< Message edited by Smackie El Frog -- 1/6/2012 22:05:36 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
1/6/2012 22:04:15   
Lord Nub

Agreed with Shadronica about that. Every release there are very obvious issues which would be noticed immediately by one person immediately that pays attention to this game, let alone a whole team that supposedly tests these things out.

Understood there are tons of issues and this pales in comparison, but it's an issue nonetheless. These issues need to be solved and the source should pay a little more attention and put a little more care when placing these sorts of things in the game so as to avoid these problems every release.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
1/6/2012 22:05:09   
Buffy A. Summers

The Simple Soultion Is To Have Forseen This Problem Ahead Of Time.

Consider Your Games FACTION FOUNDERS, Who Get Very Little Respect And Appreciation By The Staff And ED Community (More On This Later... A Post For Another Time, Perhaps Soon).

Create A Mission Spot At The Center Flag Location (Neutral) In FrysteLand. That Gives You A One Time Choice/Mission For The Alignment Acheivement.

Once It's Done, That's It. You Decide Which Side You Are Battling For In FrysteLand.

The War Was Supposed To Reward And Encourage Faction Loyalty Not Create The Opposite Effect.

~ Buffy

AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/6/2012 22:12:30   
Basicball

1) may i suggest future missions, with the same names, but oposite allignment?
the missions wouldn't hawe to be the same, the names on the other hand would be.
you would be unable to complete/accept the mission, if you already have done a mission with that name.

this way, everyone can have the same amount of completed missions in his list (which personaly, i desperately want)

2) How about either
2.1) One of the missions (see 1) ) makes you kill some opponents from the other side like one of the missons we have now) in order to 'steal' their side-specific cheevo (they obviously wouldn't really lose it)
2.2) There is a shop that opens at 10/20K war points, where you can pick up te opposite side's cheevo for free (loot shop?)

I hope my ideas are - at least - considered, thank you

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/6/2012 22:12:36   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

The problem then lies in the fact that we want to encourage you to have your alignment. if it's the same achievement, then how will you be able to show "I supported the Legion" or "I supported the Exiles"? We did talk about faction jumping and how to discourage it- I guess we kind of wanted to feel out how players would react and if it would be a big problem, especially with the fervor with which people were supporting their chosen alignment. (I hope you take this for what it is- me speaking honestly and candidly about the process of game design)

Edit:

@LordNub and Buffy- I did see this ahead of time. There are some engine limitations, so we did hope that the rewards for staying loyal would outweigh the rewards for switching.

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 1/6/2012 22:14:48 >
Post #: 36
1/6/2012 22:12:33   
xxmirxx

wait second are you guys saying after war done faction will have no use at all if so seriously that would suck for those who work so hard. I don't think ending war is good idea then this game and defeat intention of ED. But my throughts on achievement I don't think you should get both achievement I think it should be one achievement thats it. Those are my throughs on this subject and as well with waring coming to end.

https://www.facebook.com/Humanifestation2
https://www.facebook.com/MikasaAckerman4
like these fan pages please
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
1/6/2012 22:15:30   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@xxmirxx- only the Frysteland conflict would be ending.
Post #: 38
1/6/2012 22:16:29   
Basicball

also, i'd like to add that adding a 'turncoat' cheevo with -rating isn't a real option, as for some people (like me) it's about the amount of cool cheevo's, not what they are worth, i'd actualy want that cheevo, just because it's special
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
1/6/2012 22:19:26   
Smackie El Frog

Well Cindy what if they have both cheevos...I propose the same question to you, how would we know which side they fought for the most?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
1/6/2012 22:21:02   
Buffy A. Summers

I'm Talking To Thin Air... LOL.

Center Flag... Choose Legion Or Exile Mission For Alignment Achievement.

Like Signing Up For Battle. To Signify What Side You Battle For.

This Avoids The Problem Of Anyone Getting Both Achievements, Or Not Being Able To, Or Being Punished For Playing The Game As Presented.

One Time Mission. Choose One Path (Alignment) Or The Other.

More Importantly... How Did The Staff NOT Anticapate That This Would Be A Problem/Issue For Many Faction Founders And Top Officers, Who Just Happen To Be Some Of Their Best Players And Top Customers?

The Staff Gets The *Double Facepalm* On This One.

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 1/6/2012 22:32:07 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
1/6/2012 22:22:06   
Lord Nub

^ That's a way to prevent this from happening.

Problem with that is, it's too late and players have already done both sides.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
1/6/2012 22:23:21   
Buffy A. Summers

@ Again... How Did The Entire Staff And Testing Team NOT Consider That This Might Be A Problem For Many Players?
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
1/6/2012 22:24:42   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Buffy
quote:

We did talk about faction jumping and how to discourage it-
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
1/6/2012 22:25:15   
xxmirxx

quote:

@LordNub and Buffy- I did see this ahead of time. There are some engine limitations, so we did hope that the rewards for staying loyal would outweigh the rewards for switching.
To be honest Cinderella I think alot will leave there faction for achievement but there will be some will stay I like buffy idea about doing mission.

https://www.facebook.com/Humanifestation2
https://www.facebook.com/MikasaAckerman4
like these fan pages please
AQ Epic  Post #: 45
1/6/2012 22:27:21   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Please note the important engine limitations in Cindy's quote in mir's post. Just because you can suggest a fix doesn't mean it can be done.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/6/2012 22:30:37   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

The achievement should be awarded after the war. If a person completes the mission, they are given a single coupon, and once the war is over, they can redeem it for the appropriate affiliation achievement they wish for.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 1/6/2012 22:36:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
1/6/2012 22:34:48   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Buffy- do you want me to apologize to you personally? Here I am: I'm sorry. I'm sorry I still have to work around engine limitations and can't immediately place your suggestion in game. I'm sorry that I wanted to give players a unique experience depending upon alignment. I'm sorry that you think that I hate faction founders (not what I was trying to convey at all). I'm sorry that you don't like the proposed solution (penalizing players for abandoning their alignment). We tried rewarding you for staying loyal, but according to you that's just punishing you personally.

@Basicball- due to engine limitations, we cannot have two missions with the same name.

@Jzaanu- we are planning on alignment-specific achievements at the conclusion of the Frysteland conflict, and maybe even a cheevo for faction leaders.

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 1/6/2012 22:40:03 >
Post #: 48
1/6/2012 22:38:46   
Basicball

ah, well, that's a bummer

i'll keep thinking of possible solutions, maybe i'll find one, right? ;)
by the way, don't blame yourself to hard or this cindy, there was no way you could've anticipated everyone's reactions.
It's the whole community (yes, that includes me) which is the problem here DX

Sorry for making this so hard on you :3
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
1/6/2012 22:40:08   
DeathGuard

@Jzaanu: One of the fews reasonable ideas through here, well thought.

@On topic: What about this idea:
Putting a credit requirement for having both achievements, maybe some 200k credits or more (making it almost stupid to get just another achievement).
The boss which will be a 2 vs 1 boss, would be able for both side, meaning exile players can beat exile boss, and legion players beating legion boss?

@Off topic: How do I know it will be a 2 vs 1 boss? Read description for commander Edgar Boothe:
quote:

No, let's make things interesting... I'll challenge two at once

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 1/6/2012 22:41:34 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Achievements Unavailable to Fac Founders
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition